|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
(b) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
(c) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(d) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
2. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
(a) Aeneas tells her.
(b) Jupiter tells her.
(c) Rumor tells her.
(d) Juno tells her.
3. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
(a) the Trojans for letting the Danaans trick them.
(b) The harsh will of the gods.
(c) Helen and Paris for running away together.
(d) Priam for being too proud.
4. Whom does Jupiter send to talk to Aeneas?
5. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
(b) They were visited by Mercury.
(c) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(d) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
2. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
3. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
4. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
5. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)