|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
(a) A rematch with the same soldiers that destroyed Troy.
(b) Death and betrayal.
(c) A massive war followed by the establishment of a new city and a new way of life.
(d) A happy marriage with Queen Dido.
2. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
3. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
(a) He is angry that after he gave Dido land for her city, she has taken up with someone else.
(b) He wants Juno to stop bothering his country.
(c) He is good friends with Dido and wants Jupiter to protect her new love.
(d) He wants counsel about how best to attack Dido's lands while she is distracted with Aeneas.
4. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
5. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
2. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
3. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
4. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)