|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
(a) Construct a temple in his honor.
(b) Follow him to kill him.
(c) Haunt him as a spirit after she dies.
(d) Marry a neighboring king to keep her lands safe.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
(a) To watch out for Scylla and Charybdis.
(b) To look for a sign--a giant white sow nursing a litter of piglets.
(c) To make prayers and sacrifices to Juno.
(d) To head for the shoreline to the west.
3. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
(b) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
(c) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
(d) They will call on Venus to come save them.
4. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
(b) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(c) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(d) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
5. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
(a) Because Venus could not bear to see Dido so unhappy.
(b) To keep Dido from falling in love with a Greek.
(c) Because Venus was afraid of and wanted to stop the growing power of Carthage.
(d) Because Venus wanted to cheer her son up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
2. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
3. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
4. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
5. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)