|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
(a) At the ruins of Troy.
(b) In a cave.
(c) At the altar of Juno.
(d) On a boat at sea.
2. Who blinded Polyphemus?
(c) Ulysses and his crewmen.
(d) the Furies.
3. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
(b) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
(c) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
(d) For his best toga and shield.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
(a) To look for a sign--a giant white sow nursing a litter of piglets.
(b) To make prayers and sacrifices to Juno.
(c) To watch out for Scylla and Charybdis.
(d) To head for the shoreline to the west.
5. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To destroy the Trojans.
(b) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(c) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
(d) To win a bet with Jupiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Andromache's new husband?
2. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
3. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
4. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
5. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)