|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
(a) His men cannot protect her and Carthage adequately.
(b) He is not being deceitful because he never entered a pact of marriage with her.
(c) A messenger from Jupiter commands him to go against his will.
(d) His fate, oracles, and dreams all tell him he must go found a city.
2. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It becomes covered in filth.
(c) It turns to gold.
(d) It becomes theirs forever.
3. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
4. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
(a) He claims to be Priam's son.
(b) He sets fire to a holy altar.
(c) He takes away Priam's sword.
(d) He murders Priam's son.
5. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
3. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
4. How does Dido kill herself?
5. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)