|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
(a) She tattles to Juno about what they have done.
(b) She travels from country to country telling people that it isn't true that they are together.
(c) She tells the world of their love to encourage everyone to celebrate their union.
(d) She spreads whispers and gossip to make Dido's other suitors angry and jealous.
2. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
3. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
4. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
(a) To keep Dido from falling in love with a Greek.
(b) Because Venus could not bear to see Dido so unhappy.
(c) Because Venus wanted to cheer her son up.
(d) Because Venus was afraid of and wanted to stop the growing power of Carthage.
5. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
(b) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
(c) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
(d) They will call on Venus to come save them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
2. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
3. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
4. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
5. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)