|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
(b) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
(c) He feels pity for her circumstances.
(d) He wants to save her from her fate.
2. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(b) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
(c) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(d) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
3. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will call on Venus to come save them.
(b) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
(c) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
(d) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
4. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
5. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
2. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
3. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
4. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
5. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)