|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
(a) A rematch with the same soldiers that destroyed Troy.
(b) A massive war followed by the establishment of a new city and a new way of life.
(c) Death and betrayal.
(d) A happy marriage with Queen Dido.
2. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
(a) She travels from country to country telling people that it isn't true that they are together.
(b) She spreads whispers and gossip to make Dido's other suitors angry and jealous.
(c) She tells the world of their love to encourage everyone to celebrate their union.
(d) She tattles to Juno about what they have done.
3. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(b) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
(c) Attacked and smothered by plants.
(d) Sickened by a terrible plague.
4. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
5. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
2. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
3. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
4. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
5. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)