|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
(a) Their brother could find and attack them in the future.
(b) Dido's lands are surrounded by hostile people.
(c) It is Jupiter's will.
(d) Dido should enjoy love and children.
2. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
(a) Aeneas tells her.
(b) Juno tells her.
(c) Jupiter tells her.
(d) Rumor tells her.
3. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(b) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
(c) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
(d) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
4. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
(a) For Aeneas to stop being distracted by Dido and her city and go build his own kingdom.
(b) He wants Aeneas to stop praying to him.
(c) He wants Aeneas to do the right thing and marry Dido properly.
(d) He wants Aeneas to help Dido build Carthage into the finest city in the world.
5. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
(b) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
(c) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
(d) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
2. Who is Andromache's new husband?
3. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
4. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
5. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)