|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
(b) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
(c) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(d) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
2. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
(a) Jupiter's voice thunders above.
(b) Fire surrounds his head.
(c) Blood flows from the plant.
(d) Lightning flashes in the sky.
3. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
4. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
(a) For directions to Troy.
(b) For permission to woo her.
(c) To help them mend their ships or to let them stay in Carthage.
(d) To help them build a shrine to Venus .
5. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
(a) She does not think their love will last.
(b) She does not want Italy's future power diverted to Carthage.
(c) She does not think it fair to Dido to make her rule with Aeneas.
(d) She wants Aeneas to be the sole ruler of Carthage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
2. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
3. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
4. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
5. How does Dido kill herself?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)