|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
(a) A cloud of smoke that covers up his face.
(b) A tongue of flame on his head.
(c) A snake that wraps around his ankle.
(d) A bird that lands on his left shoulder.
2. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
(b) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
(c) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
(d) For his best toga and shield.
3. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
(a) Pictures of the gods and goddesses quarreling in Olympus.
(b) Portraits of monsters such as the Harpies and the Cyclops.
(c) Scenes of the Trojan War.
(d) A map to the underworld.
4. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
(a) Rumor tells her.
(b) Juno tells her.
(c) Jupiter tells her.
(d) Aeneas tells her.
5. Who is Andromache's new husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
2. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
3. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
4. How did Polydorus die?
5. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)