|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
(a) He wants Aeneas to help Dido build Carthage into the finest city in the world.
(b) For Aeneas to stop being distracted by Dido and her city and go build his own kingdom.
(c) He wants Aeneas to stop praying to him.
(d) He wants Aeneas to do the right thing and marry Dido properly.
2. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
3. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(b) They were visited by Mercury.
(c) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
(d) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
4. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
5. What is Aetna?
(a) A huge waterfall.
(b) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
(c) A large river.
(d) A volcano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
2. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
3. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
4. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
5. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)