|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
(b) For his best toga and shield.
(c) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
(d) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
2. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
(a) A bird that lands on his left shoulder.
(b) A cloud of smoke that covers up his face.
(c) A snake that wraps around his ankle.
(d) A tongue of flame on his head.
3. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
(b) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(c) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(d) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
(a) Their brother could find and attack them in the future.
(b) It is Jupiter's will.
(c) Dido should enjoy love and children.
(d) Dido's lands are surrounded by hostile people.
5. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
(a) She wants Aeneas to be the sole ruler of Carthage.
(b) She does not think it fair to Dido to make her rule with Aeneas.
(c) She does not think their love will last.
(d) She does not want Italy's future power diverted to Carthage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
2. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
3. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
4. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
5. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)