|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
(a) His fate, oracles, and dreams all tell him he must go found a city.
(b) He is not being deceitful because he never entered a pact of marriage with her.
(c) A messenger from Jupiter commands him to go against his will.
(d) His men cannot protect her and Carthage adequately.
2. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
(a) It becomes theirs forever.
(b) It turns to gold.
(c) It becomes covered in filth.
(d) It disappears.
3. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
(b) They were visited by Mercury.
(c) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(d) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
4. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
(a) The memory of her dead husband, Sychaeus.
(b) The counsel of her sister.
(c) Her responsibilities as queen.
(d) Her duty to help Aeneas.
5. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
(a) He has heard tales of their great feats.
(b) They are fellow Trojans.
(c) He fought against them in the Trojan War.
(d) He does not know who they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
2. When Dido sees Aeneas' men readying their ships to sail, for what does she plead?
3. How did Polydorus die?
4. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
5. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)