|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
(a) They want him to lead them in a prayer of thanks for their escape.
(b) They want him to lead them by sea to new lands.
(c) They want him to train them in battle so they can fight the Danaans better.
(d) They want him to apologize for letting Troy fall.
2. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will call on Venus to come save them.
(b) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
(c) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
(d) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
3. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
(a) A group of sirens.
(b) Another flock of Harpies.
(c) The wrath of Juno.
(d) A herd of Cyclops.
4. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
5. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
2. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
3. How did Polydorus die?
4. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
5. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)