|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
(b) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(c) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
(d) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
2. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
(b) Her son, Cupid.
(d) A huntress.
3. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(b) Attacked and smothered by plants.
(c) Sickened by a terrible plague.
(d) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
(a) Their brother could find and attack them in the future.
(b) It is Jupiter's will.
(c) Dido should enjoy love and children.
(d) Dido's lands are surrounded by hostile people.
5. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
(a) Portraits of monsters such as the Harpies and the Cyclops.
(b) Scenes of the Trojan War.
(c) A map to the underworld.
(d) Pictures of the gods and goddesses quarreling in Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
2. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
3. When Dido sees Aeneas' men readying their ships to sail, for what does she plead?
4. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
5. Who is Andromache's new husband?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)