|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
(a) He is good friends with Dido and wants Jupiter to protect her new love.
(b) He wants Juno to stop bothering his country.
(c) He is angry that after he gave Dido land for her city, she has taken up with someone else.
(d) He wants counsel about how best to attack Dido's lands while she is distracted with Aeneas.
2. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
(b) He feels pity for her circumstances.
(c) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
(d) He wants to save her from her fate.
3. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
(a) A leather mask.
(b) A cloud of mist.
(c) A huge bronze shield.
(d) A magic cape.
4. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
(a) Haunt him as a spirit after she dies.
(b) Marry a neighboring king to keep her lands safe.
(c) Follow him to kill him.
(d) Construct a temple in his honor.
5. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(b) The sibyl of Cumae.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
2. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
3. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
4. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
5. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)