|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(b) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(c) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
(d) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
2. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
(a) All construction of the city of Carthage stops.
(b) Dido keeps holding Ascanius on her lap because he looks like Aeneas.
(c) Dido persuades Aeneas to help her people build better ships.
(d) Dido presses herself against the couch where Aeneas sat.
3. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(b) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
(c) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
(d) They were visited by Mercury.
4. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
(a) He claims to be Priam's son.
(b) He takes away Priam's sword.
(c) He sets fire to a holy altar.
(d) He murders Priam's son.
5. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
(a) How his parents met and had hims
(b) The story of Eros and Psyche.
(c) How Troy fell and how the Trojans traveled to Carthage.
(d) What happened to Odysseus during his Odyssey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
2. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
3. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
4. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
5. Whom does Jupiter send to talk to Aeneas?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)