|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
(a) In a cave.
(b) At the ruins of Troy.
(c) At the altar of Juno.
(d) On a boat at sea.
2. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
(a) Her favorite handmaiden.
(b) King Iarbas.
3. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
(b) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
(c) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
(d) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
4. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
(a) To keep Dido from falling in love with a Greek.
(b) Because Venus wanted to cheer her son up.
(c) Because Venus could not bear to see Dido so unhappy.
(d) Because Venus was afraid of and wanted to stop the growing power of Carthage.
5. Who blinded Polyphemus?
(a) the Furies.
(c) Ulysses and his crewmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Andromache's new husband?
2. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
3. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
4. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
5. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)