|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
2. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
(a) It is Venus' land and she promises it to them.
(b) They only have enough food to make it that far.
(c) The Greeks will never be able to find and attack them there.
(d) It is their true home, the land from which the forefathers of their people came.
3. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
(a) She spreads whispers and gossip to make Dido's other suitors angry and jealous.
(b) She travels from country to country telling people that it isn't true that they are together.
(c) She tattles to Juno about what they have done.
(d) She tells the world of their love to encourage everyone to celebrate their union.
4. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(b) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
(c) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
(d) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
5. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
(a) Haunt him as a spirit after she dies.
(b) Follow him to kill him.
(c) Marry a neighboring king to keep her lands safe.
(d) Construct a temple in his honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
2. How does Dido kill herself?
3. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
4. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
5. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)