|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
(a) A happy marriage with Queen Dido.
(b) A massive war followed by the establishment of a new city and a new way of life.
(c) Death and betrayal.
(d) A rematch with the same soldiers that destroyed Troy.
2. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
(b) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
(c) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
(d) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
3. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
4. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
(a) He is angry that after he gave Dido land for her city, she has taken up with someone else.
(b) He is good friends with Dido and wants Jupiter to protect her new love.
(c) He wants Juno to stop bothering his country.
(d) He wants counsel about how best to attack Dido's lands while she is distracted with Aeneas.
5. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
(a) The Trojans move the horse next to their walls and the soldiers use it as a ladder.
(b) The Trojans carry the horse inside and Sinon lets the soldiers inside it out.
(c) The Danaans are still unable to breach the walls of Troy.
(d) While the Trojans are busy looking at the horse, the Danaans storm the front gates of Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
2. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
3. How does Dido kill herself?
4. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
5. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)