|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Jupiter send to talk to Aeneas?
2. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
(a) She does not think it fair to Dido to make her rule with Aeneas.
(b) She wants Aeneas to be the sole ruler of Carthage.
(c) She does not want Italy's future power diverted to Carthage.
(d) She does not think their love will last.
3. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
(b) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
(c) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
(d) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
4. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
(a) They want him to lead them by sea to new lands.
(b) They want him to apologize for letting Troy fall.
(c) They want him to train them in battle so they can fight the Danaans better.
(d) They want him to lead them in a prayer of thanks for their escape.
5. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
(b) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
(c) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
(d) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
2. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
3. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
4. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
5. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)