|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What betrays the presence of Euryalus to the enemy?
(a) Allecto directing their attention to him.
(b) A snapping twig under his feet.
(c) The gleam of his helmet in the moonlight.
(d) The noise of the clanking of the booty he has taken from Turnus' camp.
2. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
(b) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
(c) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
(d) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
3. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(b) Sickened by a terrible plague.
(c) Attacked and smothered by plants.
(d) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
4. Who laments that only the head of Euryalus is brought back (on a spear) by the Rutulians?
(a) Euryalus' mother.
(c) Euryalus' sister.
5. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(b) He is resting peacefully.
(c) He is lamenting his fate.
(d) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
2. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
4. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
5. Who finds his or her way inside the Trojan camp at the end of Book IX and begins to massacre Trojans?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)