|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
(a) Caesar Augustus.
2. What mission do Nisus and Euryalus take on?
(a) They intend to find reinforcements.
(b) They intend to go plead with King Latinus to stop the siege.
(c) They intend to go find Aeneas and tell him about the siege.
(d) They intend to abduct Lavinia and bring her back to the Trojan camp.
3. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
(b) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
(c) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
(d) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
4. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
5. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
(a) She smiles and tells him all is forgiven.
(b) She reenacts her suicide.
(c) She flees from him and returns to her first husband, Sychaeus.
(d) She falls to her knees and pleads with him to take her away with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do malefactors live in the underworld?
2. What does Palinurus' ghost ask Aeneas to do when he returns to the world?
3. Who laments that only the head of Euryalus is brought back (on a spear) by the Rutulians?
4. What does Aeneas ask the gods through the Sibyl?
5. On what do the gods take oaths that they fear to break?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)