|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
2. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
(a) Three wooden splinters from the wooden horse.
(b) King Priam's sword and shield.
(c) A herd of beasts to sacrifice to the gods.
(d) The Phrygian hearth-gods.
3. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
4. What does Aeneas promise to do if the gods grant his wish?
(a) He will build a temple to Phoebus and Diana of the Crossroads.
(b) He will name his new city after Jupiter.
(c) He will honor his mother Venus more.
(d) He will make a sacrifice to Juno.
5. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
(a) They only have enough food to make it that far.
(b) It is Venus' land and she promises it to them.
(c) It is their true home, the land from which the forefathers of their people came.
(d) The Greeks will never be able to find and attack them there.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what do the gods take oaths that they fear to break?
2. Who will bury Palinurus' body?
3. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
4. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
5. What happens to the Trojans' ships when Turnus tries to burn them?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)