|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
(b) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
(c) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
(d) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
2. Who blinded Polyphemus?
(a) the Furies.
(b) Ulysses and his crewmen.
3. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
(a) Both fame and fortune.
(b) Both war and peace.
(c) Both feast and famine.
(d) Both laughter and tears.
4. On what do the gods take oaths that they fear to break?
(a) The river Styx.
(b) The golden bough.
(c) The Sibyl.
(d) Charon's boat.
5. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
(a) Two doves from Venus.
(b) The Sibyl.
(c) The ghost of Misenus.
(d) He finds it on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aeneas promise to do if the gods grant his wish?
2. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
3. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
4. Which of the following does the Sibyl NOT predict awaits Aeneas where he is going?
5. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)