|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
2. What do Nisus and Euryalus do as they move through Turnus' camp?
(a) They slaughter sleeping warriors.
(b) They call on Venus to protect them.
(c) They make note of how many soldiers are there.
(d) They bind their feet up in cloth to move silently.
3. What happens to the Trojans' ships when Turnus tries to burn them?
(a) At the command of the mother of the gods, Jupiter turns the ships into sea-goddesses and sets them free.
(b) They are hidden from view in mist by Venus.
(c) They go up in ashes, trapping the Trojans in Italy.
(d) At the request of Venus, Jupiter causes it to rain and put the fire out.
4. Who is Andromache's new husband?
5. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Attacked and smothered by plants.
(b) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(c) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
(d) Sickened by a terrible plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Virgil do to prepare to talk about the warfare between the Trojans and the Rutulians?
2. What does Aeneas promise to do if the gods grant his wish?
3. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
4. What problem does Turnus face when he tries to attack the Trojan camp?
5. Who finds his or her way inside the Trojan camp at the end of Book IX and begins to massacre Trojans?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)