|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aetna?
(a) A large river.
(b) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
(c) A huge waterfall.
(d) A volcano.
2. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
(a) The ghost of Misenus.
(b) Two doves from Venus.
(c) The Sibyl.
(d) He finds it on his own.
3. Why does Nisus surrender to the Rutulians?
(a) He is lost in the forest and they are his only hope of finding his way back to his camp.
(b) He hopes to spy on them for Aeneas.
(c) He wants to save Euryalus.
(d) He wants to betray Aeneas for money.
4. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
(a) Three wooden splinters from the wooden horse.
(b) King Priam's sword and shield.
(c) The Phrygian hearth-gods.
(d) A herd of beasts to sacrifice to the gods.
5. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
(a) Caesar Augustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds his or her way inside the Trojan camp at the end of Book IX and begins to massacre Trojans?
2. What do Nisus and Euryalus do as they move through Turnus' camp?
3. Who laments that only the head of Euryalus is brought back (on a spear) by the Rutulians?
4. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
5. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)