|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
(a) The ghost of Misenus.
(b) He finds it on his own.
(c) Two doves from Venus.
(d) The Sibyl.
2. What does Aeneas ask the gods through the Sibyl?
(a) He wants revenge on those who ruined Troy.
(b) He wants to settle peacefully in Latium.
(c) He wants his father brought back to life.
(d) He wants help rebuilding the original Troy.
3. Why does Nisus surrender to the Rutulians?
(a) He hopes to spy on them for Aeneas.
(b) He is lost in the forest and they are his only hope of finding his way back to his camp.
(c) He wants to save Euryalus.
(d) He wants to betray Aeneas for money.
4. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
(a) Scenes from the past history of Troy.
(b) Scenes of what the deities are doing in Olympus.
(c) Scenes of what his followers are doing at the present moment.
(d) Scenes of his future descendants in Italy.
5. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
(b) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
(c) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
(d) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
2. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
3. Who is Andromache's new husband?
4. What does Virgil do to prepare to talk about the warfare between the Trojans and the Rutulians?
5. What happens when souls are destined to be reborn in a second body?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)