|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
(a) It turns to gold.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It becomes covered in filth.
(d) It becomes theirs forever.
2. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
(a) Both feast and famine.
(b) Both war and peace.
(c) Both fame and fortune.
(d) Both laughter and tears.
3. Who blinded Polyphemus?
(a) Ulysses and his crewmen.
(d) the Furies.
4. Who finds his or her way inside the Trojan camp at the end of Book IX and begins to massacre Trojans?
5. Why does Nisus surrender to the Rutulians?
(a) He wants to betray Aeneas for money.
(b) He hopes to spy on them for Aeneas.
(c) He wants to save Euryalus.
(d) He is lost in the forest and they are his only hope of finding his way back to his camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
2. What does Palinurus' ghost ask Aeneas to do when he returns to the world?
3. What problem does Turnus face when he tries to attack the Trojan camp?
4. Who will bury Palinurus' body?
5. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)