|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(d) The sibyl of Cumae.
2. Why does Nisus surrender to the Rutulians?
(a) He is lost in the forest and they are his only hope of finding his way back to his camp.
(b) He wants to save Euryalus.
(c) He wants to betray Aeneas for money.
(d) He hopes to spy on them for Aeneas.
3. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
4. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
5. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
(a) Scenes of what the deities are doing in Olympus.
(b) Scenes of what his followers are doing at the present moment.
(c) Scenes from the past history of Troy.
(d) Scenes of his future descendants in Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
2. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
3. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
4. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
5. Why did Misenus meet an early death?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)