|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
(a) Caesar Augustus.
2. What does Palinurus' ghost ask Aeneas to do when he returns to the world?
(a) Never to let Achates helm the boat.
(b) To avenge his death.
(c) To find and bury his body.
(d) To do anything to make Iulus a king.
3. What betrays the presence of Euryalus to the enemy?
(a) A snapping twig under his feet.
(b) The gleam of his helmet in the moonlight.
(c) Allecto directing their attention to him.
(d) The noise of the clanking of the booty he has taken from Turnus' camp.
4. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
5. What is the job of the Sibyl?
(a) To give directions on where to go.
(b) To guard a special cave entrance.
(c) To advise people on what jobs to take.
(d) To tell people what will happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what do the gods take oaths that they fear to break?
2. How does Nisus die?
3. Who finds his or her way inside the Trojan camp at the end of Book IX and begins to massacre Trojans?
4. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
5. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)