|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Virgil do to prepare to talk about the warfare between the Trojans and the Rutulians?
(a) Provides the reader with information about the ancestries of the major warriors.
(b) Blames Juno for the upcoming bloodshed.
(c) Chastizes Allecto for helping Juno start this war.
(d) Calls on the Muse Calliope for help.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
(a) To head for the shoreline to the west.
(b) To make prayers and sacrifices to Juno.
(c) To watch out for Scylla and Charybdis.
(d) To look for a sign--a giant white sow nursing a litter of piglets.
3. What does Palinurus' ghost ask Aeneas to do when he returns to the world?
(a) To find and bury his body.
(b) To avenge his death.
(c) To do anything to make Iulus a king.
(d) Never to let Achates helm the boat.
4. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
(a) She smiles and tells him all is forgiven.
(b) She flees from him and returns to her first husband, Sychaeus.
(c) She falls to her knees and pleads with him to take her away with him.
(d) She reenacts her suicide.
5. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
Short Answer Questions
1. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
2. What does Aeneas promise to do if the gods grant his wish?
3. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
4. What happens to the Trojans' ships when Turnus tries to burn them?
5. What problem does Turnus face when he tries to attack the Trojan camp?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)