|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aetna?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
(c) A large river.
(d) A huge waterfall.
2. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
3. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
4. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
(a) Blood flows from the plant.
(b) Lightning flashes in the sky.
(c) Jupiter's voice thunders above.
(d) Fire surrounds his head.
5. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
(a) That he needs her help to find his father's ghost.
(b) That he can bring her back to life now.
(c) That he left her lands against his will.
(d) That she should have waited becauase he was coming back for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do malefactors live in the underworld?
2. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
3. What is Iulus' first feat of arms?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
5. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)