|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(b) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
(c) He is lamenting his fate.
(d) He is resting peacefully.
2. Who will bury Palinurus' body?
(b) People who live near where his body washed up.
3. What does Aeneas promise to do if the gods grant his wish?
(a) He will make a sacrifice to Juno.
(b) He will honor his mother Venus more.
(c) He will name his new city after Jupiter.
(d) He will build a temple to Phoebus and Diana of the Crossroads.
4. How does Nisus die?
(a) He is killed by Volcens' men while killing Volcens for killing Euryalus.
(b) He is struck down by Jupiter.
(c) He is attacked by the Furies.
(d) He is ripped apart while Volcens' men are retrieving the booty he stole from the Rutulian camp.
5. Why does Nisus surrender to the Rutulians?
(a) He hopes to spy on them for Aeneas.
(b) He wants to save Euryalus.
(c) He is lost in the forest and they are his only hope of finding his way back to his camp.
(d) He wants to betray Aeneas for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Palinurus' ghost ask Aeneas to do when he returns to the world?
2. How did Polydorus die?
3. What do Nisus and Euryalus do as they move through Turnus' camp?
4. What happens to the Trojans' ships when Turnus tries to burn them?
5. Who blinded Polyphemus?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)