|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
(a) That she should have waited becauase he was coming back for her.
(b) That he can bring her back to life now.
(c) That he needs her help to find his father's ghost.
(d) That he left her lands against his will.
2. What is Aetna?
(a) A huge waterfall.
(b) A large river.
(c) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
(d) A volcano.
3. Why does Nisus surrender to the Rutulians?
(a) He wants to save Euryalus.
(b) He hopes to spy on them for Aeneas.
(c) He wants to betray Aeneas for money.
(d) He is lost in the forest and they are his only hope of finding his way back to his camp.
4. What does Aeneas ask the gods through the Sibyl?
(a) He wants his father brought back to life.
(b) He wants revenge on those who ruined Troy.
(c) He wants to settle peacefully in Latium.
(d) He wants help rebuilding the original Troy.
5. How does Nisus die?
(a) He is struck down by Jupiter.
(b) He is killed by Volcens' men while killing Volcens for killing Euryalus.
(c) He is ripped apart while Volcens' men are retrieving the booty he stole from the Rutulian camp.
(d) He is attacked by the Furies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aeneas promise to do if the gods grant his wish?
2. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
3. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
4. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
5. Why did Misenus meet an early death?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)