|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job of the Sibyl?
(a) To advise people on what jobs to take.
(b) To tell people what will happen.
(c) To guard a special cave entrance.
(d) To give directions on where to go.
2. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
3. What betrays the presence of Euryalus to the enemy?
(a) A snapping twig under his feet.
(b) The noise of the clanking of the booty he has taken from Turnus' camp.
(c) Allecto directing their attention to him.
(d) The gleam of his helmet in the moonlight.
4. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(b) He is resting peacefully.
(c) He is lamenting his fate.
(d) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
5. How does Nisus die?
(a) He is killed by Volcens' men while killing Volcens for killing Euryalus.
(b) He is attacked by the Furies.
(c) He is struck down by Jupiter.
(d) He is ripped apart while Volcens' men are retrieving the booty he stole from the Rutulian camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Polydorus die?
2. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
3. Which of the following does the Sibyl NOT predict awaits Aeneas where he is going?
4. Why did Misenus meet an early death?
5. Who finds his or her way inside the Trojan camp at the end of Book IX and begins to massacre Trojans?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)