|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nisus surrender to the Rutulians?
(a) He is lost in the forest and they are his only hope of finding his way back to his camp.
(b) He wants to save Euryalus.
(c) He hopes to spy on them for Aeneas.
(d) He wants to betray Aeneas for money.
2. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
(a) Two doves from Venus.
(b) The ghost of Misenus.
(c) He finds it on his own.
(d) The Sibyl.
3. What happens to the Trojans' ships when Turnus tries to burn them?
(a) At the request of Venus, Jupiter causes it to rain and put the fire out.
(b) They go up in ashes, trapping the Trojans in Italy.
(c) At the command of the mother of the gods, Jupiter turns the ships into sea-goddesses and sets them free.
(d) They are hidden from view in mist by Venus.
4. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
(a) Blood flows from the plant.
(b) Jupiter's voice thunders above.
(c) Fire surrounds his head.
(d) Lightning flashes in the sky.
5. Who finds his or her way inside the Trojan camp at the end of Book IX and begins to massacre Trojans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
2. Which of the following does the Sibyl NOT predict awaits Aeneas where he is going?
3. Who is sent by Juno to Turnus at the beginning of Book IX to tell him now is the time to attack the Trojans?
4. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
5. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)