|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Virgil do to prepare to talk about the warfare between the Trojans and the Rutulians?
(a) Calls on the Muse Calliope for help.
(b) Provides the reader with information about the ancestries of the major warriors.
(c) Blames Juno for the upcoming bloodshed.
(d) Chastizes Allecto for helping Juno start this war.
2. What does Aeneas promise to do if the gods grant his wish?
(a) He will honor his mother Venus more.
(b) He will name his new city after Jupiter.
(c) He will make a sacrifice to Juno.
(d) He will build a temple to Phoebus and Diana of the Crossroads.
3. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
(a) To look for a sign--a giant white sow nursing a litter of piglets.
(b) To make prayers and sacrifices to Juno.
(c) To watch out for Scylla and Charybdis.
(d) To head for the shoreline to the west.
5. Where do malefactors live in the underworld?
(a) In the River Styx.
(c) In the Blessed Groves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
2. What does Palinurus' ghost ask Aeneas to do when he returns to the world?
3. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
4. What is Aetna?
5. What is the job of the Sibyl?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)