|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(b) The sibyl of Cumae.
2. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
(a) She reenacts her suicide.
(b) She smiles and tells him all is forgiven.
(c) She flees from him and returns to her first husband, Sychaeus.
(d) She falls to her knees and pleads with him to take her away with him.
3. What is the job of the Sibyl?
(a) To tell people what will happen.
(b) To advise people on what jobs to take.
(c) To guard a special cave entrance.
(d) To give directions on where to go.
4. On what do the gods take oaths that they fear to break?
(a) Charon's boat.
(b) The river Styx.
(c) The Sibyl.
(d) The golden bough.
5. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
(a) Scenes of his future descendants in Italy.
(b) Scenes from the past history of Troy.
(c) Scenes of what the deities are doing in Olympus.
(d) Scenes of what his followers are doing at the present moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
2. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
3. Who will bury Palinurus' body?
4. What does Aeneas ask the gods through the Sibyl?
5. Why did Misenus meet an early death?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)