|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mission do Nisus and Euryalus take on?
(a) They intend to find reinforcements.
(b) They intend to abduct Lavinia and bring her back to the Trojan camp.
(c) They intend to go plead with King Latinus to stop the siege.
(d) They intend to go find Aeneas and tell him about the siege.
2. Who is sent by Juno to Turnus at the beginning of Book IX to tell him now is the time to attack the Trojans?
(c) Juno goes herself.
3. What does Aeneas ask the gods through the Sibyl?
(a) He wants revenge on those who ruined Troy.
(b) He wants his father brought back to life.
(c) He wants help rebuilding the original Troy.
(d) He wants to settle peacefully in Latium.
4. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
(a) The wrath of Juno.
(b) A herd of Cyclops.
(c) A group of sirens.
(d) Another flock of Harpies.
5. What does Virgil do to prepare to talk about the warfare between the Trojans and the Rutulians?
(a) Chastizes Allecto for helping Juno start this war.
(b) Provides the reader with information about the ancestries of the major warriors.
(c) Calls on the Muse Calliope for help.
(d) Blames Juno for the upcoming bloodshed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
2. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
3. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
4. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
5. Who blinded Polyphemus?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)