|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Andromache's new husband?
2. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
(a) She smiles and tells him all is forgiven.
(b) She flees from him and returns to her first husband, Sychaeus.
(c) She falls to her knees and pleads with him to take her away with him.
(d) She reenacts her suicide.
3. Who laments that only the head of Euryalus is brought back (on a spear) by the Rutulians?
(c) Euryalus' sister.
(d) Euryalus' mother.
4. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
(a) The Sibyl.
(b) The ghost of Misenus.
(c) He finds it on his own.
(d) Two doves from Venus.
5. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
(b) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
(c) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
(d) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aeneas promise to do if the gods grant his wish?
2. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
3. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
4. Who is sent by Juno to Turnus at the beginning of Book IX to tell him now is the time to attack the Trojans?
5. How does Nisus die?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)