|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following must Aeneas do to enter the underworld?
(a) He must wait for Venus to come take him.
(b) He must pick the golden bough.
(c) He must wrestle the gatekeeper and win.
(d) He must find and follow Orpheus down.
2. What do Nisus and Euryalus do as they move through Turnus' camp?
(a) They make note of how many soldiers are there.
(b) They slaughter sleeping warriors.
(c) They call on Venus to protect them.
(d) They bind their feet up in cloth to move silently.
3. What problem does Turnus face when he tries to attack the Trojan camp?
(a) He is vastly outnumbered by the Trojan fighters.
(b) King Latinus interferes and stops him.
(c) He can't locate the camp because the Trojans have moved it.
(d) The Trojans hole up in their camp and won't come out.
4. Who finds his or her way inside the Trojan camp at the end of Book IX and begins to massacre Trojans?
5. What is Aetna?
(a) A huge waterfall.
(b) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
(c) A large river.
(d) A volcano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job of the Sibyl?
2. What does Aeneas promise to do if the gods grant his wish?
3. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
4. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
5. Which of the following does the Sibyl NOT predict awaits Aeneas where he is going?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)