|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
(a) It becomes theirs forever.
(b) It turns to gold.
(c) It becomes covered in filth.
(d) It disappears.
2. Who is Andromache's new husband?
3. On what do the gods take oaths that they fear to break?
(a) Charon's boat.
(b) The Sibyl.
(c) The golden bough.
(d) The river Styx.
4. What mission do Nisus and Euryalus take on?
(a) They intend to go find Aeneas and tell him about the siege.
(b) They intend to abduct Lavinia and bring her back to the Trojan camp.
(c) They intend to find reinforcements.
(d) They intend to go plead with King Latinus to stop the siege.
5. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Trojans' ships when Turnus tries to burn them?
2. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
3. Who will bury Palinurus' body?
4. How did Polydorus die?
5. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)