|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
(a) To look for a sign--a giant white sow nursing a litter of piglets.
(b) To watch out for Scylla and Charybdis.
(c) To make prayers and sacrifices to Juno.
(d) To head for the shoreline to the west.
2. What happens when souls are destined to be reborn in a second body?
(a) They must sneak past Charon.
(b) They must drink from the water of Lethe to forget their memories.
(c) They must petition the kind of the underworld to be reborn.
(d) They must craft new bodies for themselves.
3. Why does Nisus surrender to the Rutulians?
(a) He wants to betray Aeneas for money.
(b) He is lost in the forest and they are his only hope of finding his way back to his camp.
(c) He wants to save Euryalus.
(d) He hopes to spy on them for Aeneas.
4. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
(a) Both fame and fortune.
(b) Both war and peace.
(c) Both laughter and tears.
(d) Both feast and famine.
5. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
(a) Caesar Augustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
2. Where do malefactors live in the underworld?
3. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
4. Who laments that only the head of Euryalus is brought back (on a spear) by the Rutulians?
5. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)