|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what do the gods take oaths that they fear to break?
(a) The Sibyl.
(b) Charon's boat.
(c) The golden bough.
(d) The river Styx.
2. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
3. What is Iulus' first feat of arms?
(a) He uses his shield to protect another soldier from a rain of arrows.
(b) He fights Turnus with an ax.
(c) He shoots Remulus through the head with an arrow.
(d) He cuts down with his sword a Rutulian trying to climb into the Trojan camp.
4. Where do malefactors live in the underworld?
(a) In the River Styx.
(c) In the Blessed Groves.
5. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
(a) It is their true home, the land from which the forefathers of their people came.
(b) The Greeks will never be able to find and attack them there.
(c) They only have enough food to make it that far.
(d) It is Venus' land and she promises it to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
2. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
3. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
4. Who is sent by Juno to Turnus at the beginning of Book IX to tell him now is the time to attack the Trojans?
5. What problem does Turnus face when he tries to attack the Trojan camp?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)