|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Seth Gale intend to settle his family?
(b) New Mexico.
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, who arrives unexpectedly at Lincoln's office to visit?
(a) Bowling and Nancy Green.
(b) Bowling Green and Josh Speed.
(c) Seth Gale and Nancy Green.
(d) Ann Rutledge and Josh Speed.
3. Asked how he'll feel if he loses, how does Lincoln predict he will feel?
(a) The greatest sense of relief.
(b) As flustered as a toad in hot water.
(c) Crushed beyond belief.
(d) Afraid to face Mary.
4. What happens at the end of Act 2, Scene 4 that proves Lincoln's claim that he is a social success?
(a) Ninian Edwards invites Lincoln home for dinner.
(b) Nancy Green accepts a job as his social secretary to keep track of his dates.
(c) Josh Speed introduces Lincoln to his sister.
(d) Mary Todd sends Lincoln a thank-you note for a pleasant evening the previous week.
5. What university does Lincoln's oldest son attend?
(d) University of Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Lincoln been doing since breaking his engagement to Mary Todd?
2. What is Mary Todd's lifelong dream for herself?
3. In a poem given to Lincoln by his teacher in the first scene, life is compared to what?
4. Who admits being the one who suggested recruiting Lincoln to run for office?
5. What reason does Lincoln give in Act 2, Scene 4 for turning down the opportunity to speak against slavery?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)