|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the red flags mean in the map of states in Lincoln's campaign headquarters?
(a) Red states are sure bets for Lincoln.
(b) Red states are experiencing a measles epidemic.
(c) Red states are Communist.
(d) Red states are undecided.
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, who arrives unexpectedly at Lincoln's office to visit?
(a) Bowling and Nancy Green.
(b) Seth Gale and Nancy Green.
(c) Ann Rutledge and Josh Speed.
(d) Bowling Green and Josh Speed.
3. What happens to Ann Rutledge?
(a) She meets a wealthy man, marries him and moves West.
(b) She dies of a brain sickness.
(c) She runs away to Chicago to attend law school.
(d) Bitten by a mosquito, she is paralzyed and left speechless.
4. What are three things Lincoln likes about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She's smart, pretty and owns property.
(b) She's sensible, brave and good-looking.
(c) She's good-looking, sensible and wants a large family.
(d) She's brave, pretty and a political asset.
5. What does Mary Todd tell her brother-in-law when he asks why she has chosen him as a husband?
(a) She can't give him a simple answer, but his is the life and destiny she wants to share.
(b) She believes Lincoln is destined for wealth and fame, which she craves.
(c) She responds that Lincoln will provide a life of stability and security.
(d) She says she loves Lincoln's political ambitions and his resemblance to Lochinvar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Josh Speed's understanding of Lincoln's personality?
2. Who is with Lincoln at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
3. What is Billy Herndon's flaw?
4. What promise does Mary Todd extract from Lincoln before agreeing to marry him?
5. What is the weather, as the Greens sit in their parlor, waiting for Abe to return from Ann Rutledge's home?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)