|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of President-elect Lincoln's bodyguard?
2. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
(a) The Abolitionists.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The British.
(d) The U.S. Army.
3. Who, in Lincoln's headquarters, is the most anxious about the voting returns?
(a) Josh Speed.
(b) Robert Lincoln.
(c) Mary Todd Lincoln.
(d) Ninian Edwards.
4. What is Billy Herndon's flaw?
(a) He cheats at cards.
(b) He kills compulsively.
(c) He drinks too much and too often.
(d) He is a womanizer.
5. What university does Lincoln's oldest son attend?
(c) University of Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much would Lincoln be paid as a member of the legislature?
2. What are the two professions open to people who fail at everything else, according to Lincoln's teacher?
3. How does Mary Todd respond to Lincoln's proposal at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What does Lincoln's teacher suggest Lincoln do to improve his life?
5. Who are the main characters in the first scene of the play?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)