|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lincoln return to New Salem in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Greens have asked him to mediate in their divorce.
(b) He has been kicked out of Springfiled for being drunk in public.
(c) Ann Rutledge is sick.
(d) Seth Gale summoned him with a letter.
2. What happens to Ann Rutledge?
(a) She dies of a brain sickness.
(b) She meets a wealthy man, marries him and moves West.
(c) She runs away to Chicago to attend law school.
(d) Bitten by a mosquito, she is paralzyed and left speechless.
3. What institution does Douglas use to bolster his argument that negroes are not equal under the Constitution?
(a) The American Civil Liberties Union.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The National Rifle Association.
4. What is the name of President-elect Lincoln's bodyguard?
5. What is Billy Herndon's reaction to Lincoln's reasons for breaking off the engagement?
(a) He is gobsmacked, but he helps Lincoln write another letter.
(b) Herndon agrees that Mary Todd is a witch and says he's glad Lincoln changed his mind.
(c) He is stunned and speechless. He finishes off the bottle in his pocket.
(d) Herndon says Lincoln is really trying to escape his own failure to serve the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plans are afoot in South Carolina in case of a Lincoln victory?
2. What state delivers the final votes needed for Lincoln's victory?
3. How is the crowd outside receiving voting results?
4. What happens at the end of Act 2, Scene 4 that proves Lincoln's claim that he is a social success?
5. Who is with Lincoln at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)