|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of Shakespeare's characters does Douglas compare Lincoln?
2. What are Lincoln's visitors really looking for in their candidate for President?
(a) A man who will appeal to Southerners leaning toward secession.
(b) A candidate with enough education to appeal to businessmen.
(c) Someone honest enough to tell voters the truth, regardless of the consequences.
(d) Someone who will do what they tell him, both before and after the election.
3. Who does Ninian Edwards believe might be instigating the prospect of marriage between Abe Lincoln and Mary Todd?
(a) Abe Lincoln.
(b) Mary Todd.
(c) Elizabeth Edwards' father.
(d) Judge Bowling Green.
4. Who is President during the time represented in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Martin Van Buren.
(c) Harrison Ford.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
5. What does Seth Gale suggest might happen if slavery spreads West to new states and territories?
(a) He predicts settlers will raise an army and declare war.
(b) He says settlers will be satisfied, regardless of the state of slavery.
(c) He says settlers might form another country or move to Canada.
(d) He thinks the Mexicans will attack if slavery spreads.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does the band play as Lincoln departs?
2. How does Lincoln define his "own great duty?"
3. What is it about the Gale family's plans that seems most important to Lincoln?
4. Who is Lincoln's main rival for the presidency?
5. What does Lincoln do at the end of Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)