|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack Armstrong tell Seth Gale about Lincoln while they wait for Lincoln's arrival in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Lincoln "is his same comical old self."
(b) Lincoln has "slipped down and ain't much like his comical self."
(c) Lincoln "ain't the same since he married Mary Todd."
(d) Lincoln has "come up in town and thinks too much of himself."
2. What do Josh Speed and Bowling Green think might be the result, if slavery spreads further across the South?
(a) Civil war might break out.
(b) The South could overthrow the existing government and move the Capitol to Virginia.
(c) Lincoln could be drafted to head the military.
(d) The British would reassert power over the colonies.
3. What are Lincoln's visitors really looking for in their candidate for President?
(a) A man who will appeal to Southerners leaning toward secession.
(b) A candidate with enough education to appeal to businessmen.
(c) Someone who will do what they tell him, both before and after the election.
(d) Someone honest enough to tell voters the truth, regardless of the consequences.
4. In Act 2, Scene 5, does Lincoln ask Mary Todd to marry him?
(a) Yes, but she says she can't quite decide.
(b) No, but she plans to pop the question that evening.
(c) Yes, but Elizabeth's objections put the matter on hold.
(d) No, but she expects he will ask that evening.
5. At the beginning of Act 3, Scene 10, Lincoln is sitting in his parlor with his sons. How many did he have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the weather complement Lincoln's mood when he arrives at the home of the Greens' with news of Ann's death?
2. When Lincoln leaves the parlor for a moment, how does one of his visitors in Act 3, Scene 9 describe him?
3. What subject is always heavy on Lincoln's mind?
4. Besides debt, what topic often occupies Lincoln's mind?
5. What is the purpose of Edwards' visit to New Salem in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)