|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is fetching water for Seth Gale's sick son in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) The Gale family slave, Gobey.
(b) Gobey, a runaway slave.
(c) Gobey, a free negro who works for the family.
(d) Seth Gale's good friend, Gobey.
2. Who admits being the one who suggested recruiting Lincoln to run for office?
(a) Ann Rutledge.
(b) Josh Speed.
(c) Seth Gale.
(d) Jack Armstrong.
3. How much would Lincoln be paid as a member of the legislature?
(a) $3 a day.
(b) Nothing, it's a volunteer job.
(c) $5 a day.
(d) $2.50 a day.
4. What distinction does Lincoln draw between the slaves and downtrodden workers in the North?
(a) The workers have the right to strike, slaves do not.
(b) The workers live with harsh winters, the slaves do not.
(c) Slaves live on plantations, workers live in cities.
(d) The slaves can run away, the workers cannot.
5. What is the name of President-elect Lincoln's bodyguard?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Lincoln been, just before he arrives at the Edwards' home in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. When Lincoln arrives at the Edwards' home in Act 2, Scene 5, does he sense tension between Mary Todd and her sister?
3. What are Lincoln's visitors really looking for in their candidate for President?
4. When Lincoln leaves the parlor for a moment, how does one of his visitors in Act 3, Scene 9 describe him?
5. One of Lincoln's clients can't pay her bill; why does Lincoln think she is right not to pay?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)