|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is President during the time represented in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Harrison Ford.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) Martin Van Buren.
2. What distinction does Lincoln draw between the slaves and downtrodden workers in the North?
(a) The workers have the right to strike, slaves do not.
(b) The workers live with harsh winters, the slaves do not.
(c) Slaves live on plantations, workers live in cities.
(d) The slaves can run away, the workers cannot.
3. How is Lincoln's appearance different from Election Day?
(a) There is a patch over one eye.
(b) He is walking with a cane.
(c) He has a beard.
(d) He has shaved his head.
4. Ninian Andrews arrives at Lincoln's office and learns about a sad event. What is it?
(a) The death of Lincoln's friend, Bowling Green.
(b) Seth Gale's mother is dead of malaria.
(c) Lincoln's dog, Rufus, has been killed in a hunting mishap.
(d) Jack Armstrong is in jail for murder.
5. In the debate, Lincoln accuses Douglas of pandering to both sides of the slavery issue. What does he mean?
(a) Breathing heavily whenever the issue becomes heated.
(b) Offering a trip to China to see the giant Pandas if a compromise is reached.
(c) Telling the South he's for slavery and the North that it shouldn't be allowed to spread.
(d) Refusing to take a stand either for or against slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Ninian Edwards give for getting himself and his wife out of the parlor so Lincoln can be alone with Mary Todd?
2. Lincoln and Mary Todd are getting married, yet he seems to be in despair. Why?
3. What does Lincoln see on the boat from Quincy to Alton that shocks him?
4. What plans are afoot in South Carolina in case of a Lincoln victory?
5. What is the local gossip in New Salem about Ann Rutledge?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)