|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is fetching water for Seth Gale's sick son in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Gobey, a runaway slave.
(b) Seth Gale's good friend, Gobey.
(c) Gobey, a free negro who works for the family.
(d) The Gale family slave, Gobey.
2. What characteristics make Mary Todd a good catch in the eyes of most people?
(a) She speaks French, cooks Italian and comes from a line of English royalty.
(b) She's smart, cultivated and the daughter of a bank president.
(c) She's highly educated and would make a good Secretary of State.
(d) She is exceedingly beautiful and has a shy, retiring demeanor.
3. What does Lincoln do that impresses Ninian Edwards in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Lincoln announces there is free pie in the town square.
(b) Lincoln gets everyone's attention by firing his pistol at the ceiling.
(c) Lincoln diffuses the tension with the Clancy Groves boys.
(d) Lincoln punches a bully who is threatening Ann Rutledge.
4. Who is the moderator of the debate between Lincoln and Douglas?
(a) Elizabeth Edwards.
(b) Bowling Green.
(c) Ninian Edwards.
(d) Whoopi Goldberg.
5. How is the crowd outside receiving voting results?
(a) By images flashed by a magic lantern outside the State House.
(b) Announcements are made by loudspeaker.
(c) Through their Twitter accounts.
(d) A crier shouts the results from the roof of the State House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lincoln's teacher suggest Lincoln do to improve his life?
2. What does Seth Gale's wife want for her sick son, besides the help of a doctor?
3. What is Lincoln's attitude about people before he meets Ann Rutledge?
4. What is the weather, as the Greens sit in their parlor, waiting for Abe to return from Ann Rutledge's home?
5. How does Lincoln conclude his prayer for the health of Jimmy Gale?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)