|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Elizabeth Edwards?
(a) The author of two memoirs.
(b) Mary Todd's sister and Ninian Edwards' wife.
(c) The woman Abe Lincoln loves and wants to marry.
(d) The wife of a one-time presidential candidate.
2. What is the local gossip in New Salem about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She is in line for a job as the town's teacher.
(b) She has been jilted by her fiance, who left town.
(c) She is in love with Abe Lincoln.
(d) She is secretly a witch.
3. What organization wants Lincoln to give a speech?
(a) The American Civil Liberties Union.
(b) The Democratic Party of Quincy, Ill.
(c) The Elijiah Lovejoy League of Freemen.
(d) The AFL-CIO.
4. What advice does Josh Speed give Lincoln regarding his mental health?
(a) He suggests Lincoln see a doctor.
(b) He prescribes anti-depressants.
(c) He suggests a lobotomy.
(d) He thinks a good night's sleep will work wonders.
5. What is Billy Herndon's reaction to Lincoln's reasons for breaking off the engagement?
(a) Herndon says Lincoln is really trying to escape his own failure to serve the country.
(b) Herndon agrees that Mary Todd is a witch and says he's glad Lincoln changed his mind.
(c) He is gobsmacked, but he helps Lincoln write another letter.
(d) He is stunned and speechless. He finishes off the bottle in his pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ann Rutledge?
2. What is Josh Speed's request to the Greens as he departs at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What reason does Lincoln give in Act 2, Scene 4 for turning down the opportunity to speak against slavery?
4. What is Lincoln's attitude about people before he meets Ann Rutledge?
5. Why does Bowling Green call Lincoln "an artful dodger" in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)