|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Josh Speed's understanding of Lincoln's personality?
(a) Lincoln is obsessive-compulsive and can't stop counting fence posts.
(b) Lincoln can't control his manic-depressive episodes and constantly makes a fool of himself.
(c) Lincoln is a great fool with an odd understanding of the law.
(d) Lincoln is a hopeless hypochondriac who reads Hamlet.
2. In Act 2, Scene 6, Lincoln sits at his desk on the day he is to be married. What day of the year is it?
(a) Thanksgiving Day.
(b) The Fourth of July.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
3. Who admits being the one who suggested recruiting Lincoln to run for office?
(a) Josh Speed.
(b) Jack Armstrong.
(c) Ann Rutledge.
(d) Seth Gale.
4. What is Lincoln studying in the opening scene?
(a) The moods of the English language.
(b) The plays of Shakespeare.
(c) Punctuation marks.
(d) The moods of a woman he would like to court.
5. Who are the main characters in the first scene of the play?
(a) Abe and Mary Todd Lincoln.
(b) Mentor Graham, Seth Gale and Mary Todd Lincoln.
(c) Abe Lincoln and Seth Gale.
(d) Abe Lincoln and Mentor Graham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lincoln return to New Salem in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What advice does Josh Speed give Lincoln regarding his mental health?
3. According to Josh, how is Lincoln doing in the State Assembly?
4. What is the setting of Act 2, Scene 5 and what does it convey about the occupants?
5. Ninian Andrews arrives at Lincoln's office and learns about a sad event. What is it?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)