|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject is always heavy on Lincoln's mind?
(a) That he will fail at the job of postmaster.
(b) That if he ever gets out of debt, he'll get right back in again.
(c) That he'll never have a chance to run for public office.
(d) That his partner will buy the store where Abe works and fire him.
2. How does Lincoln feel after Ann's death?
(a) He feels he should die to be with her again or he will go crazy.
(b) He is relieved because he had begun to doubt her love.
(c) He knows her death is for the best, and that he will be able to concentrate better without her.
(d) He feels guilty because she got brain sickness and he did not.
3. What is the local gossip in New Salem about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She is in love with Abe Lincoln.
(b) She is secretly a witch.
(c) She has been jilted by her fiance, who left town.
(d) She is in line for a job as the town's teacher.
4. What does Mary Todd tell her brother-in-law when he asks why she has chosen him as a husband?
(a) She says she loves Lincoln's political ambitions and his resemblance to Lochinvar.
(b) She can't give him a simple answer, but his is the life and destiny she wants to share.
(c) She believes Lincoln is destined for wealth and fame, which she craves.
(d) She responds that Lincoln will provide a life of stability and security.
5. Who is with Lincoln at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Ann Rutledge.
(b) Josh Speed.
(c) Bowling Green.
(d) Seth Gale.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nancy Green in Act 1, Scene 3, why can't Lincoln face life without a woman by his side?
2. Where has Lincoln been, just before he arrives at the Edwards' home in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. How much would Lincoln be paid as a member of the legislature?
4. Ninian Andrews arrives at Lincoln's office and learns about a sad event. What is it?
5. Who does Ninian Edwards believe might be instigating the prospect of marriage between Abe Lincoln and Mary Todd?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)