|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Todd's sister predict if she marries Lincoln?
(a) A life in a quaint cabin, stitching buckskin clothing and raising a passel of children.
(b) A glittering life in the nation's capital, dancing with elegant Europeans.
(c) A wanderer's life, as Lincoln can't seem to hold a decent job.
(d) A life in a miserable cabin, without servants and without decent clothing.
2. In Act 2, Scene 6, Lincoln sits at his desk on the day he is to be married. What day of the year is it?
(a) Thanksgiving Day.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) The Fourth of July.
3. Who is Elizabeth Edwards?
(a) The wife of a one-time presidential candidate.
(b) The woman Abe Lincoln loves and wants to marry.
(c) Mary Todd's sister and Ninian Edwards' wife.
(d) The author of two memoirs.
4. What happens at the end of Act 2, Scene 4 that proves Lincoln's claim that he is a social success?
(a) Josh Speed introduces Lincoln to his sister.
(b) Nancy Green accepts a job as his social secretary to keep track of his dates.
(c) Mary Todd sends Lincoln a thank-you note for a pleasant evening the previous week.
(d) Ninian Edwards invites Lincoln home for dinner.
5. Where is Abe Lincoln staying while in New Salem in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) In Rutledge's Tavern.
(b) In a barn belonging to Josh Speed.
(c) At the home of Bowling and Nancy Green.
(d) With Ann Rutledge's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lincoln and Mary Todd are getting married, yet he seems to be in despair. Why?
2. Who is Ninian Edwards?
3. What is happening when Lincoln enters Rutledge Tavern to deliver mail?
4. What is Lincoln's new attitude toward God after Ann's death?
5. What are the two professions open to people who fail at everything else, according to Lincoln's teacher?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)