|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mood of the speech Lincoln is asked to read in the first scene?
2. What is Lincoln studying in the opening scene?
(a) The plays of Shakespeare.
(b) The moods of a woman he would like to court.
(c) The moods of the English language.
(d) Punctuation marks.
3. What is the purpose of Edwards' visit to New Salem in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To look at the Rutledge Tavern as an investment.
(b) To bring law and order to New Salem.
(c) To recruit Lincoln to run for the State Assembly.
(d) To announce his own run for the presidency.
4. Does Lincoln agree, in Act 2, Scene 6, with Josh's suggestion about his mental health?
(a) No, he believes he has good reasons for his decision.
(b) He isn't sure, but he admits having hallucinations.
(c) Yes, he knows he is losing his mind--that's why he wants to run away.
(d) Yes, he says he's at the end of his rope and must have release from the wedding.
5. How does Lincoln feel after Ann's death?
(a) He feels he should die to be with her again or he will go crazy.
(b) He feels guilty because she got brain sickness and he did not.
(c) He is relieved because he had begun to doubt her love.
(d) He knows her death is for the best, and that he will be able to concentrate better without her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Todd say when asked in Act. 2, Scene 5, if she is considering marriage to Lincoln?
2. What are the Bowling Greens reading when Josh Speed arrives at their home in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Ninian Andrews arrives at Lincoln's office and learns about a sad event. What is it?
4. What is the wedding gift Ninian has brought Abe?
5. In a poem that Lincoln reads in the first scene, what is it that the poet finds strange about people?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)