|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much would Lincoln be paid as a member of the legislature?
(a) Nothing, it's a volunteer job.
(b) $3 a day.
(c) $2.50 a day.
(d) $5 a day.
2. When Act 2, Scene 4 opens in Lincoln's Springfield law office, how much time has passed since the death of Ann Rutledge?
(a) Two years.
(b) Thirteen years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
3. Besides debt, what topic often occupies Lincoln's mind?
(a) The prospect of civil war.
(b) The prospect of death.
(c) The prospect of a harsh winter.
(d) The prospect of marriage.
4. One of Lincoln's clients can't pay her bill; why does Lincoln think she is right not to pay?
(a) Lincoln defended her husband unsuccessfully and he was hanged.
(b) She is a poor widow and Lincoln doesn't take money from widows.
(c) Lincoln took a horse from her late husband in payment.
(d) He believes she is going to inherit a lot of money, so he can wait for payment.
5. What is the local gossip in New Salem about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She is in line for a job as the town's teacher.
(b) She is in love with Abe Lincoln.
(c) She is secretly a witch.
(d) She has been jilted by her fiance, who left town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Abe Lincoln at the time of Act 2, Scene 4 in his Springfield law office?
2. What is the weather, as the Greens sit in their parlor, waiting for Abe to return from Ann Rutledge's home?
3. What is Mary Todd's lifelong dream for herself?
4. Who gave the speech that Lincoln's teacher has him read?
5. Lincoln tells Josh Speed to give his letter for Mary Todd to Herndon to deliver. How does Josh respond?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)