|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lincoln do that impresses Ninian Edwards in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Lincoln gets everyone's attention by firing his pistol at the ceiling.
(b) Lincoln punches a bully who is threatening Ann Rutledge.
(c) Lincoln diffuses the tension with the Clancy Groves boys.
(d) Lincoln announces there is free pie in the town square.
2. What last ditch effort does Mary Todd's sister make to prevent a proposal from Lincoln toward the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) She produces a fan and uses it to flirt with Lincoln, to show he wouldn't be a faithful husband.
(b) She begins yelling at her sister, causing Ninian to slap her and drag her from the room.
(c) She begs Mary to put the children to bed.
(d) She spills a pot of hot tea on Lincoln's lap.
3. Who is with Lincoln at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Ann Rutledge.
(b) Josh Speed.
(c) Seth Gale.
(d) Bowling Green.
4. Why is Mary Todd so sure that Lincoln will be a success, and not stop to tell jokes, as her sister predicts?
(a) Because she knows that Lincoln is not very good at telling jokes and has a strong streak of ambition.
(b) Because she is strong enough to make sure he moves along the road of success without stopping.
(c) She doesn't care if he's a success; she has a huge inheritance that will support them both.
(d) Because Lincoln has confided his dream of becoming a successful merchant and moving to New York.
5. In Act 2, Scene 6, Lincoln sits at his desk on the day he is to be married. What day of the year is it?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) The Fourth of July.
(d) Thanksgiving Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy Herndon's attitude toward Mary Todd on the day Lincoln is to be married?
2. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
3. What is it about politics that Lincoln dislikes?
4. What are the Bowling Greens reading when Josh Speed arrives at their home in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What is the true reason Lincoln wants to end the engagement with Mary Todd?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)