|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Lincoln bring himself to shoot a deer?
(a) Because he once saw one running across his mother's grave.
(b) Because his mother was an anti-gun lobbyist.
(c) Because of the scene in "Bambi," in which his mother was killed.
(d) Because he prefers bow-hunting.
2. Who have Bowling Green, Ninian Edwards and Josh Speed come to New Salem to see?
(a) Abe Lincoln.
(b) Ann Rutledge.
(c) Seth Gale
(d) Ben Mattling.
3. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
(a) The U.S. Army.
(b) The British.
(c) The Abolitionists.
(d) The Whigs.
4. Where is Abe Lincoln staying while in New Salem in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) In Rutledge's Tavern.
(b) In a barn belonging to Josh Speed.
(c) At the home of Bowling and Nancy Green.
(d) With Ann Rutledge's family.
5. What advice does Josh Speed give Lincoln regarding his mental health?
(a) He suggests Lincoln see a doctor.
(b) He prescribes anti-depressants.
(c) He thinks a good night's sleep will work wonders.
(d) He suggests a lobotomy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Billy Herndon?
2. What is the true reason Lincoln wants to end the engagement with Mary Todd?
3. What happens to Ann Rutledge?
4. What are the two professions open to people who fail at everything else, according to Lincoln's teacher?
5. How does Mary Todd respond to Lincoln's proposal at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)