|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy Herndon urge Lincoln's friends to do, as Herndon leaves the office in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Dunk Lincoln in the river to wash away his stubborn streak.
(b) Take Lincoln out to dinner and get him drunk.
(c) Introduce Lincoln to a good woman to marry.
(d) Drag him out of the stagnant pool in which he is drowning himself.
2. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
(a) The British.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The Abolitionists.
(d) The U.S. Army.
3. What is Billy Herndon's flaw?
(a) He kills compulsively.
(b) He is a womanizer.
(c) He drinks too much and too often.
(d) He cheats at cards.
4. What are the Bowling Greens reading when Josh Speed arrives at their home in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Bourne Chronicles.
(b) The Federalist Papers.
(c) The New York Review of Books.
(d) The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club.
5. In Act 2, Scene 4, who arrives unexpectedly at Lincoln's office to visit?
(a) Bowling Green and Josh Speed.
(b) Bowling and Nancy Green.
(c) Seth Gale and Nancy Green.
(d) Ann Rutledge and Josh Speed.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Josh, how is Lincoln doing in the State Assembly?
2. How does Lincoln surprise Ann Rutledge while she is clearing tables during Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How does the weather complement Lincoln's mood when he arrives at the home of the Greens' with news of Ann's death?
4. Who wrote the poem that Lincoln's teacher gives him to read?
5. What, besides politics, does Lincoln have on his mind during the scene in the Rutledge Tavern?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)