|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ann Rutledge?
(a) She runs away to Chicago to attend law school.
(b) Bitten by a mosquito, she is paralzyed and left speechless.
(c) She dies of a brain sickness.
(d) She meets a wealthy man, marries him and moves West.
2. What does Mary Todd say when asked in Act. 2, Scene 5, if she is considering marriage to Lincoln?
(a) "That is the most repulsive idea I've ever heard."
(b) "I am determined to marry Stephen Douglas."
(c) "I have never given that idea a moment's thought."
(d) "I have decided I shall be Mrs. Lincoln."
3. In Act 2, Scene 4, who arrives unexpectedly at Lincoln's office to visit?
(a) Bowling Green and Josh Speed.
(b) Seth Gale and Nancy Green.
(c) Bowling and Nancy Green.
(d) Ann Rutledge and Josh Speed.
4. Who is with Lincoln at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Josh Speed.
(b) Bowling Green.
(c) Ann Rutledge.
(d) Seth Gale.
5. What is Lincoln's new attitude toward God after Ann's death?
(a) He knows if he had prayed day and night, Ann would have lived.
(b) He can't pray to a God that needlessly allowed Ann to die.
(c) He accepts that "the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away."
(d) He becomes an atheist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lincoln and Mary Todd are getting married, yet he seems to be in despair. Why?
2. How does Lincoln surprise Ann Rutledge while she is clearing tables during Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What are three things Lincoln likes about Ann Rutledge?
4. How does Lincoln intend to communicate his intentions to Mary Todd?
5. In a poem that Lincoln reads in the first scene, what is it that the poet finds strange about people?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)