|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lincoln return to New Salem in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Seth Gale summoned him with a letter.
(b) He has been kicked out of Springfiled for being drunk in public.
(c) The Greens have asked him to mediate in their divorce.
(d) Ann Rutledge is sick.
2. What is the local gossip in New Salem about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She is secretly a witch.
(b) She has been jilted by her fiance, who left town.
(c) She is in line for a job as the town's teacher.
(d) She is in love with Abe Lincoln.
3. What opinion does Elizabeth Edwards have of Abe Lincoln?
(a) She thinks he's divinely good-looking, but shiftless.
(b) She calls him elegant, cultivated and likely to be rich some day soon.
(c) She says he has a simple soul and is a most amiable creature, but not suitable as a husband.
(d) Compared to other men, he would be at the top of her list of potential husbands.
4. Who is President during the time represented in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Harrison Ford.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Martin Van Buren.
5. What is the plan that Seth Gale and Lincoln have for their futures?
(a) To relocate to Springfield and open a general store.
(b) To move to California, in search of gold.
(c) To attend law school and go into practice together.
(d) To move west, to Nebraska.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, besides politics, does Lincoln have on his mind during the scene in the Rutledge Tavern?
2. Does Lincoln agree, in Act 2, Scene 6, with Josh's suggestion about his mental health?
3. What is the "good joke" Lincoln plans to tell Bowling Green at the end of Act 1, Scene 2 in the Rutledge Tavern?
4. What is happening when Lincoln enters Rutledge Tavern to deliver mail?
5. Why is Ann's death such a setback to Lincoln?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)