|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, besides politics, does Lincoln have on his mind during the scene in the Rutledge Tavern?
(a) Taking over the family farm from his sick father.
(b) Asking town officials for a raise in his wages as postmaster.
(c) Asking Ann Rutledge to consider him as a suitor.
(d) Running down to the town picnic for a piece of pie.
2. What is Bowling Green's attitude toward the possibility of Lincoln marrying Ann Rutledge?
(a) He's for the marriage; Ann's family has a lot of money to spend on campaigns.
(b) He's all for the marriage; he thinks Ann will keep Lincoln on track.
(c) Judge Green is against it; he thinks Ann will be a hindrance to Lincoln.
(d) He is against the marriage; he knows Ann has been seeing someone else.
3. What subject is always heavy on Lincoln's mind?
(a) That his partner will buy the store where Abe works and fire him.
(b) That if he ever gets out of debt, he'll get right back in again.
(c) That he'll never have a chance to run for public office.
(d) That he will fail at the job of postmaster.
4. What opinion does Elizabeth Edwards have of Abe Lincoln?
(a) She says he has a simple soul and is a most amiable creature, but not suitable as a husband.
(b) She thinks he's divinely good-looking, but shiftless.
(c) Compared to other men, he would be at the top of her list of potential husbands.
(d) She calls him elegant, cultivated and likely to be rich some day soon.
5. How does Lincoln feel after Ann's death?
(a) He knows her death is for the best, and that he will be able to concentrate better without her.
(b) He is relieved because he had begun to doubt her love.
(c) He feels he should die to be with her again or he will go crazy.
(d) He feels guilty because she got brain sickness and he did not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ninian Edwards?
2. How does Act 1, Scene 3, in which Ann Rutledge dies, come to an end?
3. What is happening when Lincoln enters Rutledge Tavern to deliver mail?
4. Why does Bowling Green call Lincoln "an artful dodger" in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What does Lincoln do that impresses Ninian Edwards in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)