|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who have Bowling Green, Ninian Edwards and Josh Speed come to New Salem to see?
(a) Seth Gale
(b) Ann Rutledge.
(c) Abe Lincoln.
(d) Ben Mattling.
2. What does Lincoln's teacher suggest Lincoln do to improve his life?
(a) Get a law degree.
(b) Consider becoming a minister.
(c) Find a woman to marry.
(d) Move out of town.
3. What is happening when Lincoln enters Rutledge Tavern to deliver mail?
(a) Ben Mattling is having a heart attack.
(b) The Clancy Groves boys have the judge trapped behind the bar.
(c) A local bully is angling for a fight with Ninian Edwards.
(d) The Clancy Groves boys are buying a round of whiskey for everyone.
4. What are the two professions open to people who fail at everything else, according to Lincoln's teacher?
(a) Journalism and law.
(b) Politics and prospecting.
(c) School teaching and politics.
(d) School teaching and store keeping.
5. What last ditch effort does Mary Todd's sister make to prevent a proposal from Lincoln toward the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) She begins yelling at her sister, causing Ninian to slap her and drag her from the room.
(b) She produces a fan and uses it to flirt with Lincoln, to show he wouldn't be a faithful husband.
(c) She spills a pot of hot tea on Lincoln's lap.
(d) She begs Mary to put the children to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization wants Lincoln to give a speech?
2. On which holiday does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
3. What does Mary Todd say when asked in Act. 2, Scene 5, if she is considering marriage to Lincoln?
4. What is a benefit of being in the state capitol that might entice Lincoln to run for office?
5. What happens to Ann Rutledge?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)