|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Josh Speed's request to the Greens as he departs at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He asks them to call a physician to treat Lincoln's stress.
(b) He requests they accompany Lincoln to Springfield for opening of the Legislature.
(c) He wants them to take copious notes about Lincoln's mood.
(d) He asks them to keep Lincoln with them and not let him out of their sight.
2. What is happening when Lincoln enters Rutledge Tavern to deliver mail?
(a) The Clancy Groves boys are buying a round of whiskey for everyone.
(b) The Clancy Groves boys have the judge trapped behind the bar.
(c) Ben Mattling is having a heart attack.
(d) A local bully is angling for a fight with Ninian Edwards.
3. Who wrote the poem that Lincoln's teacher gives him to read?
(a) John Brown.
(b) John Singer Sargeant.
(c) John Lennon.
(d) John Keats.
4. What is Lincoln's new attitude toward God after Ann's death?
(a) He becomes an atheist.
(b) He accepts that "the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away."
(c) He can't pray to a God that needlessly allowed Ann to die.
(d) He knows if he had prayed day and night, Ann would have lived.
5. Why can't Lincoln bring himself to shoot a deer?
(a) Because of the scene in "Bambi," in which his mother was killed.
(b) Because he prefers bow-hunting.
(c) Because he once saw one running across his mother's grave.
(d) Because his mother was an anti-gun lobbyist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ninian Edwards believe might be instigating the prospect of marriage between Abe Lincoln and Mary Todd?
2. In Act 2, Scene 4, who arrives unexpectedly at Lincoln's office to visit?
3. Where has Lincoln been, just before he arrives at the Edwards' home in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. Who is Ninian Edwards?
5. How does Act 1, Scene 3, in which Ann Rutledge dies, come to an end?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)