|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mood of the speech Lincoln is asked to read in the first scene?
2. What happens at the end of Act 2, Scene 4 that proves Lincoln's claim that he is a social success?
(a) Mary Todd sends Lincoln a thank-you note for a pleasant evening the previous week.
(b) Ninian Edwards invites Lincoln home for dinner.
(c) Josh Speed introduces Lincoln to his sister.
(d) Nancy Green accepts a job as his social secretary to keep track of his dates.
3. What is the "good joke" Lincoln plans to tell Bowling Green at the end of Act 1, Scene 2 in the Rutledge Tavern?
(a) That he will be a candidate for the assembly of the State of Illinois.
(b) That Jack Armstrong, of the Clancy Groves boys, will run for the State Assembly.
(c) That a chicken crossed the road to get to the other side.
(d) That Ann Rutledge has run off to marry Josh Speed.
4. In Scene 2, Act 4, what office is Lincoln seeking?
(a) Member of the Electoral College.
(b) President of the United States.
(c) President of the Springfield School Board.
(d) Springfield's combined office of dogcatcher and postmaster.
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, Lincoln mentions a woman "foxing" his pants--what does that mean?
(a) Attaching foxskins down the legs as a means of camoflauge.
(b) Sewing buckskin around the lower legs to keep them from being shredded by underbrush.
(c) The woman was flirting with him outrageously.
(d) Something so scandalous that Mary Todd showed Lincoln the door before he could explain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization wants Lincoln to give a speech?
2. What are three things Lincoln likes about Ann Rutledge?
3. In Act 2, Scene 5, does Lincoln ask Mary Todd to marry him?
4. What does Lincoln's teacher suggest Lincoln do to improve his life?
5. How does Lincoln surprise Ann Rutledge while she is clearing tables during Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)