|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Josh, how is Lincoln doing in the State Assembly?
(a) Not well; he sits and draws his three dollars a day without paying attention.
(b) Great; he's getting kickbacks for legislation he sponsors.
(c) Not well; he's been rabble-rousing with speeches against slavery.
(d) Fabulously well; he's shown himself to be a natural leader.
2. What are the Bowling Greens reading when Josh Speed arrives at their home in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The New York Review of Books.
(b) The Federalist Papers.
(c) The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club.
(d) The Bourne Chronicles.
3. In Act 2, Scene 5, does Lincoln ask Mary Todd to marry him?
(a) Yes, but she says she can't quite decide.
(b) Yes, but Elizabeth's objections put the matter on hold.
(c) No, but she plans to pop the question that evening.
(d) No, but she expects he will ask that evening.
4. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
(a) The Abolitionists.
(b) The British.
(c) The U.S. Army.
(d) The Whigs.
5. How old is Abe Lincoln at the time of Act 2, Scene 4 in his Springfield law office?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much would Lincoln be paid as a member of the legislature?
2. What is Lincoln's attitude toward people?
3. What is the mood of the speech Lincoln is asked to read in the first scene?
4. Who is Billy Herndon?
5. Who is Elizabeth Edwards?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)