|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Josh, how is Lincoln doing in the State Assembly?
(a) Not well; he sits and draws his three dollars a day without paying attention.
(b) Not well; he's been rabble-rousing with speeches against slavery.
(c) Fabulously well; he's shown himself to be a natural leader.
(d) Great; he's getting kickbacks for legislation he sponsors.
2. How much would Lincoln be paid as a member of the legislature?
(a) Nothing, it's a volunteer job.
(b) $2.50 a day.
(c) $5 a day.
(d) $3 a day.
3. What is a benefit of being in the state capitol that might entice Lincoln to run for office?
(a) The opportunity to learn from the finest lawyers in the state.
(b) The chance to have suits made that will have sleeves that are long enough for his arms.
(c) He will be able to collect extra money by doing favors for friends.
(d) Women will seek him out for marriage.
4. What are three things Lincoln likes about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She's good-looking, sensible and wants a large family.
(b) She's brave, pretty and a political asset.
(c) She's smart, pretty and owns property.
(d) She's sensible, brave and good-looking.
5. Besides debt, what topic often occupies Lincoln's mind?
(a) The prospect of civil war.
(b) The prospect of a harsh winter.
(c) The prospect of death.
(d) The prospect of marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Act 1, Scene 3, in which Ann Rutledge dies, come to an end?
2. What is the plan that Seth Gale and Lincoln have for their futures?
3. What happens to Ann Rutledge?
4. What is the "good joke" Lincoln plans to tell Bowling Green at the end of Act 1, Scene 2 in the Rutledge Tavern?
5. What is Josh Speed's request to the Greens as he departs at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)