|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Act 1, Scene 3, in which Ann Rutledge dies, come to an end?
(a) The scene ends with a prayer spoken by Nancy Green.
(b) The scene ends with only a beam of light from Abe's attic illuminating the stage.
(c) The scene concludes with Lincoln on his knees in the attic, sobbing.
(d) The scene ends when Lincoln stumbles offstage, leaving his friends worried about his fate.
2. Why can't Lincoln bring himself to shoot a deer?
(a) Because he prefers bow-hunting.
(b) Because he once saw one running across his mother's grave.
(c) Because his mother was an anti-gun lobbyist.
(d) Because of the scene in "Bambi," in which his mother was killed.
3. What are three things Lincoln likes about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She's brave, pretty and a political asset.
(b) She's smart, pretty and owns property.
(c) She's good-looking, sensible and wants a large family.
(d) She's sensible, brave and good-looking.
4. Who is President of the United States at the time Edwards visits New Salem to meet Lincoln?
(a) John Glenn.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
5. According to Josh, how is Lincoln doing in the State Assembly?
(a) Not well; he's been rabble-rousing with speeches against slavery.
(b) Not well; he sits and draws his three dollars a day without paying attention.
(c) Fabulously well; he's shown himself to be a natural leader.
(d) Great; he's getting kickbacks for legislation he sponsors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lincoln's new attitude toward God after Ann's death?
2. What happens to Ann Rutledge?
3. What is Lincoln's response to a poem he reads regarding life and death?
4. What does Lincoln do that impresses Ninian Edwards in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Besides debt, what topic often occupies Lincoln's mind?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)