|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much would Lincoln be paid as a member of the legislature?
(a) $3 a day.
(b) $5 a day.
(c) $2.50 a day.
(d) Nothing, it's a volunteer job.
2. What is Josh Speed's request to the Greens as he departs at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He wants them to take copious notes about Lincoln's mood.
(b) He asks them to keep Lincoln with them and not let him out of their sight.
(c) He requests they accompany Lincoln to Springfield for opening of the Legislature.
(d) He asks them to call a physician to treat Lincoln's stress.
3. What does Lincoln's teacher suggest Lincoln do to improve his life?
(a) Consider becoming a minister.
(b) Find a woman to marry.
(c) Get a law degree.
(d) Move out of town.
4. Who wrote the poem that Lincoln's teacher gives him to read?
(a) John Lennon.
(b) John Brown.
(c) John Singer Sargeant.
(d) John Keats.
5. Where is Abe Lincoln staying while in New Salem in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) In Rutledge's Tavern.
(b) With Ann Rutledge's family.
(c) In a barn belonging to Josh Speed.
(d) At the home of Bowling and Nancy Green.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ann Rutledge?
2. Who is Ann Rutledge?
3. How does the weather complement Lincoln's mood when he arrives at the home of the Greens' with news of Ann's death?
4. When Lincoln suggests he wants to die in Act 1, Scene 3, how do his friends respond?
5. What is Lincoln's initial response to the idea of running for office?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)