Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the wedding gift Ninian has brought Abe?
(a) A stovepipe hat that will become Lincon's signature.
(b) A slave.
(c) A fine, silver-headed cane.
(d) A silver box of fine cigars.
2. What is Mary Todd's reaction to word of Lincoln's arrival at her home In Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) She is surprised; tears pour down her cheeks.
(b) She is startled, but agrees to see him.
(c) She is enraged and slams the door.
(d) She is shocked because she is now married to someone else.
3. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
(a) The U.S. Army.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The British.
(d) The Abolitionists.
4. Who is fetching water for Seth Gale's sick son in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Seth Gale's good friend, Gobey.
(b) The Gale family slave, Gobey.
(c) Gobey, a runaway slave.
(d) Gobey, a free negro who works for the family.
5. What is it about politics that Lincoln dislikes?
(a) If elected, a man is likely to be shot.
(b) If elected, a man has to move to the city.
(c) If he loses, a man will be left with many debts.
(d) If not elected, a man will be ashamed in his own community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy Herndon urge Lincoln's friends to do, as Herndon leaves the office in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. Who gave the speech that Lincoln's teacher has him read?
3. What is Lincoln's initial response to the idea of running for office?
4. How is the crowd outside receiving voting results?
5. What is the plan that Seth Gale and Lincoln have for their futures?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)