Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, Lincoln mentions a woman "foxing" his pants--what does that mean?
(a) Attaching foxskins down the legs as a means of camoflauge.
(b) The woman was flirting with him outrageously.
(c) Something so scandalous that Mary Todd showed Lincoln the door before he could explain.
(d) Sewing buckskin around the lower legs to keep them from being shredded by underbrush.
2. Lincoln tells Josh Speed to give his letter for Mary Todd to Herndon to deliver. How does Josh respond?
(a) He gives the letter to Herndon.
(b) He throws the letter into the fire in the stove.
(c) He runs out the door with the letter.
(d) He rips the letter into tiny pieces and throws them on the floor.
3. What does Lincoln see on the boat from Quincy to Alton that shocks him?
(a) A dozen dancing girls, chained together, forced to entertain passengers.
(b) A dozen negroes, chained together, being shipped South to be sold.
(c) A woman with 12 children, begging for food.
(d) A dozen mules on shore, chained and being flogged.
4. What does Lincoln's companion think of Lincoln's plan for his wedding?
(a) He believes everything will work out fine, once Lincoln has a drink or two.
(b) He agrees that Lincoln is making the right decision, for the right reasons.
(c) He's distressed and offers to deliver the news himself.
(d) He thinks Lincoln is being too brutal, at least in the way he intends to deliver the news.
5. What does Lincoln's teacher suggest Lincoln do to improve his life?
(a) Move out of town.
(b) Consider becoming a minister.
(c) Get a law degree.
(d) Find a woman to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization wants Lincoln to give a speech?
2. What are the five indicative moods, as Lincoln knows them?
3. Who is President of the United States at the time Edwards visits New Salem to meet Lincoln?
4. In the debate, Douglas says Lincoln appears innocent but is very good at doing something dangerous with his words. What is it?
5. How much would Lincoln be paid as a member of the legislature?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)