Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lincoln feel after Ann's death?
(a) He feels he should die to be with her again or he will go crazy.
(b) He is relieved because he had begun to doubt her love.
(c) He feels guilty because she got brain sickness and he did not.
(d) He knows her death is for the best, and that he will be able to concentrate better without her.
2. What does Lincoln see on the boat from Quincy to Alton that shocks him?
(a) A dozen negroes, chained together, being shipped South to be sold.
(b) A woman with 12 children, begging for food.
(c) A dozen dancing girls, chained together, forced to entertain passengers.
(d) A dozen mules on shore, chained and being flogged.
3. How does Lincoln surprise Ann Rutledge while she is clearing tables during Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By declaring his love for her.
(b) By asking her to dance on the bar.
(c) By delivering a package from her fiance.
(d) By bursting into song when she agrees to talk with him.
4. What is Josh Speed's request to the Greens as he departs at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He wants them to take copious notes about Lincoln's mood.
(b) He requests they accompany Lincoln to Springfield for opening of the Legislature.
(c) He asks them to call a physician to treat Lincoln's stress.
(d) He asks them to keep Lincoln with them and not let him out of their sight.
5. Who gave the speech that Lincoln's teacher has him read?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Daniel Webster.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) James Madison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the plan that Seth Gale and Lincoln have for their futures?
2. What is Lincoln studying in the opening scene?
3. Who wrote the poem that Lincoln's teacher gives him to read?
4. What characteristics make Mary Todd a good catch in the eyes of most people?
5. In a poem given to Lincoln by his teacher in the first scene, life is compared to what?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)