Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ninian Edwards?
(a) Son of the Illinois governor.
(b) A merchant passing through New Salem.
(c) Uncle of Elizabeth Edwards.
(d) Josh Speed's stepbrother.
2. Who have Bowling Green, Ninian Edwards and Josh Speed come to New Salem to see?
(a) Ben Mattling.
(b) Abe Lincoln.
(c) Seth Gale
(d) Ann Rutledge.
3. What is the "good joke" Lincoln plans to tell Bowling Green at the end of Act 1, Scene 2 in the Rutledge Tavern?
(a) That Ann Rutledge has run off to marry Josh Speed.
(b) That he will be a candidate for the assembly of the State of Illinois.
(c) That a chicken crossed the road to get to the other side.
(d) That Jack Armstrong, of the Clancy Groves boys, will run for the State Assembly.
4. On which holiday does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(b) The Fourth of July.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) Labor Day.
5. Who are the main characters in the first scene of the play?
(a) Abe Lincoln and Mentor Graham.
(b) Abe and Mary Todd Lincoln.
(c) Mentor Graham, Seth Gale and Mary Todd Lincoln.
(d) Abe Lincoln and Seth Gale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Lincoln bring himself to shoot a deer?
2. What is the setting of the first scene of Abe Lincoln in Illinois?
3. What is the mood of the speech Lincoln is asked to read in the first scene?
4. How much would Lincoln be paid as a member of the legislature?
5. What, besides politics, does Lincoln have on his mind during the scene in the Rutledge Tavern?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)