Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Josh, how is Lincoln doing in the State Assembly?
(a) Not well; he's been rabble-rousing with speeches against slavery.
(b) Not well; he sits and draws his three dollars a day without paying attention.
(c) Great; he's getting kickbacks for legislation he sponsors.
(d) Fabulously well; he's shown himself to be a natural leader.
2. What does Ann's love do for Lincoln?
(a) Her love makes him irritable because she is so needy.
(b) Her love inspires him to write great poetry.
(c) Her love makes him weak at the knees and fuzzy in his thoughts; he knows he can't make anything of himself.
(d) Her love makes him believe in God, believe that all things are possible, and he can do anything he wants.
3. What is the purpose of Edwards' visit to New Salem in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To recruit Lincoln to run for the State Assembly.
(b) To announce his own run for the presidency.
(c) To bring law and order to New Salem.
(d) To look at the Rutledge Tavern as an investment.
4. What is Josh Speed's understanding of Lincoln's personality?
(a) Lincoln can't control his manic-depressive episodes and constantly makes a fool of himself.
(b) Lincoln is a great fool with an odd understanding of the law.
(c) Lincoln is a hopeless hypochondriac who reads Hamlet.
(d) Lincoln is obsessive-compulsive and can't stop counting fence posts.
5. What are the five indicative moods, as Lincoln knows them?
(a) Meditative, Imperial, Possible, Subjective and Infinite.
(b) Commanding, Questioning, Doubting, Inferior and Decisive.
(c) Indicative, Imperative, Potential, Subjunctive and Infinitive.
(d) Sad, Glad, Mad, Grumpy and Giddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is President of the United States at the time Edwards visits New Salem to meet Lincoln?
2. Who are the main characters in the first scene of the play?
3. Besides debt, what topic often occupies Lincoln's mind?
4. What does Lincoln see on the boat from Quincy to Alton that shocks him?
5. Why can't Lincoln bring himself to shoot a deer?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)