|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Abe Lincoln at the time of Act 2, Scene 4 in his Springfield law office?
2. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
(a) The Whigs.
(b) The U.S. Army.
(c) The Abolitionists.
(d) The British.
3. How much would Lincoln be paid as a member of the legislature?
(a) Nothing, it's a volunteer job.
(b) $5 a day.
(c) $2.50 a day.
(d) $3 a day.
4. What is the local gossip in New Salem about Ann Rutledge?
(a) She is in love with Abe Lincoln.
(b) She has been jilted by her fiance, who left town.
(c) She is secretly a witch.
(d) She is in line for a job as the town's teacher.
5. What does Lincoln do that impresses Ninian Edwards in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Lincoln announces there is free pie in the town square.
(b) Lincoln gets everyone's attention by firing his pistol at the ceiling.
(c) Lincoln punches a bully who is threatening Ann Rutledge.
(d) Lincoln diffuses the tension with the Clancy Groves boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ninian Edwards?
2. What is Mary Todd's lifelong dream for herself?
3. What is a benefit of being in the state capitol that might entice Lincoln to run for office?
4. What does Jack Armstrong tell Seth Gale about Lincoln while they wait for Lincoln's arrival in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. According to Nancy Green in Act 1, Scene 3, why can't Lincoln face life without a woman by his side?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)