|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Lincoln give in Act 2, Scene 4 for turning down the opportunity to speak against slavery?
(a) He has a date on the night of the rally.
(b) He is feuding with the president of the organization that wants him to speak.
(c) The sponsoring organization is "a pack of hell-raising fanatics."
(d) He is pro-slavery.
2. How does Act 1, Scene 3, in which Ann Rutledge dies, come to an end?
(a) The scene ends with a prayer spoken by Nancy Green.
(b) The scene concludes with Lincoln on his knees in the attic, sobbing.
(c) The scene ends when Lincoln stumbles offstage, leaving his friends worried about his fate.
(d) The scene ends with only a beam of light from Abe's attic illuminating the stage.
3. Who have Bowling Green, Ninian Edwards and Josh Speed come to New Salem to see?
(a) Ben Mattling.
(b) Seth Gale
(c) Abe Lincoln.
(d) Ann Rutledge.
4. How does Lincoln intend to communicate his intentions to Mary Todd?
(a) In a telegram.
(b) In person.
(c) In a letter.
(d) In an email.
5. Billy Herndon, Lincoln's law clerk, arrives in Act 2, Scene 6. What is his condition?
(a) He has quit drinking and is sober.
(b) He's debilitated by swamp fever.
(c) He's suffering from an early case of swine flu.
(d) He's drunk, as usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Josh Speed's understanding of Lincoln's personality?
2. Lincoln and Mary Todd are getting married, yet he seems to be in despair. Why?
3. What happens at the end of Act 2, Scene 4 that proves Lincoln's claim that he is a social success?
4. Who is President during the time represented in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Where does Seth Gale intend to settle his family?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)