|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lincoln do at the end of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) He leaves to break off his engagement in person.
(b) He leaves town without informing Mary Todd.
(c) He decides he must go through with the wedding.
(d) He writes another letter, telling Mary Todd he hates her.
2. Where is Abe Lincoln staying while in New Salem in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) At the home of Bowling and Nancy Green.
(b) In a barn belonging to Josh Speed.
(c) With Ann Rutledge's family.
(d) In Rutledge's Tavern.
3. What is the "good joke" Lincoln plans to tell Bowling Green at the end of Act 1, Scene 2 in the Rutledge Tavern?
(a) That Jack Armstrong, of the Clancy Groves boys, will run for the State Assembly.
(b) That he will be a candidate for the assembly of the State of Illinois.
(c) That Ann Rutledge has run off to marry Josh Speed.
(d) That a chicken crossed the road to get to the other side.
4. How does Lincoln define his "own great duty?"
(a) His duty is to defend the Constitution to the best of his understanding.
(b) His duty is to mind his own business and he doesn't care what other people think.
(c) He needs to go West and seize California from the Mexican government.
(d) He doesn't know what it is and he's tired of people nagging him about it.
5. What is Bowling Green's attitude toward the possibility of Lincoln marrying Ann Rutledge?
(a) He is against the marriage; he knows Ann has been seeing someone else.
(b) He's for the marriage; Ann's family has a lot of money to spend on campaigns.
(c) Judge Green is against it; he thinks Ann will be a hindrance to Lincoln.
(d) He's all for the marriage; he thinks Ann will keep Lincoln on track.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which holiday does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
2. Ninian Andrews arrives at Lincoln's office and learns about a sad event. What is it?
3. How does Act 1, Scene 3, in which Ann Rutledge dies, come to an end?
4. What does Seth Gale's wife want for her sick son, besides the help of a doctor?
5. How does Lincoln feel after Ann's death?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)