|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who admits being the one who suggested recruiting Lincoln to run for office?
(a) Josh Speed.
(b) Seth Gale.
(c) Ann Rutledge.
(d) Jack Armstrong.
2. Billy Herndon, Lincoln's law clerk, arrives in Act 2, Scene 6. What is his condition?
(a) He has quit drinking and is sober.
(b) He's debilitated by swamp fever.
(c) He's drunk, as usual.
(d) He's suffering from an early case of swine flu.
3. What do Josh Speed and Bowling Green think might be the result, if slavery spreads further across the South?
(a) Lincoln could be drafted to head the military.
(b) The British would reassert power over the colonies.
(c) The South could overthrow the existing government and move the Capitol to Virginia.
(d) Civil war might break out.
4. Lincoln tells Josh Speed to give his letter for Mary Todd to Herndon to deliver. How does Josh respond?
(a) He runs out the door with the letter.
(b) He gives the letter to Herndon.
(c) He rips the letter into tiny pieces and throws them on the floor.
(d) He throws the letter into the fire in the stove.
5. What piece of advice does Ninian Andrews give Lincoln concerning Mary Todd in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) He says Lincoln should always follow her advice because she has a good head for politics.
(b) He tells Lincoln that Mary Todd should be committed to a hospital.
(c) He says Lincoln should keep a tight rein on her ambitions and delusions of grandeur.
(d) He suggests giving in to her every whim in order to keep life happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lincoln intend to communicate his intentions to Mary Todd?
2. How does the weather complement Lincoln's mood when he arrives at the home of the Greens' with news of Ann's death?
3. How old is Abe Lincoln at the time of Act 2, Scene 4 in his Springfield law office?
4. Who is Ann Rutledge?
5. Where does Seth Gale intend to settle his family?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)