|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lincoln's new attitude toward God after Ann's death?
(a) He becomes an atheist.
(b) He can't pray to a God that needlessly allowed Ann to die.
(c) He accepts that "the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away."
(d) He knows if he had prayed day and night, Ann would have lived.
2. Billy Herndon, Lincoln's law clerk, arrives in Act 2, Scene 6. What is his condition?
(a) He's suffering from an early case of swine flu.
(b) He's debilitated by swamp fever.
(c) He has quit drinking and is sober.
(d) He's drunk, as usual.
3. On which holiday does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) Labor Day.
4. How does the weather complement Lincoln's mood when he arrives at the home of the Greens' with news of Ann's death?
(a) The weather is as clear as his conscience.
(b) The wind howls in agony along with him.
(c) A blizzard settles in, reflecting the cold that has settled in his heart.
(d) The weather is as stormy as his mood.
5. What are the Bowling Greens reading when Josh Speed arrives at their home in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Bourne Chronicles.
(b) The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club.
(c) The New York Review of Books.
(d) The Federalist Papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Abe Lincoln at the time of Act 2, Scene 4 in his Springfield law office?
2. According to Josh, how is Lincoln doing in the State Assembly?
3. What does Seth Gale's wife want for her sick son, besides the help of a doctor?
4. What happens to Ann Rutledge?
5. Why does Lincoln return to New Salem in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)