|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Josh Speed's request to the Greens as he departs at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He requests they accompany Lincoln to Springfield for opening of the Legislature.
(b) He asks them to call a physician to treat Lincoln's stress.
(c) He asks them to keep Lincoln with them and not let him out of their sight.
(d) He wants them to take copious notes about Lincoln's mood.
2. On which holiday does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(b) Memorial Day.
(d) Labor Day.
3. What is Billy Herndon's flaw?
(a) He drinks too much and too often.
(b) He cheats at cards.
(c) He is a womanizer.
(d) He kills compulsively.
4. In Act 2, Scene 4, who arrives unexpectedly at Lincoln's office to visit?
(a) Ann Rutledge and Josh Speed.
(b) Bowling and Nancy Green.
(c) Seth Gale and Nancy Green.
(d) Bowling Green and Josh Speed.
5. What is the wedding gift Ninian has brought Abe?
(a) A slave.
(b) A fine, silver-headed cane.
(c) A silver box of fine cigars.
(d) A stovepipe hat that will become Lincon's signature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lincoln see on the boat from Quincy to Alton that shocks him?
2. What is Lincoln's initial response to the idea of running for office?
3. What does Jack Armstrong tell Seth Gale about Lincoln while they wait for Lincoln's arrival in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. Why does Bowling Green call Lincoln "an artful dodger" in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Who is Billy Herndon?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)