|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lincoln intend to communicate his intentions to Mary Todd?
(a) In a telegram.
(b) In an email.
(c) In person.
(d) In a letter.
2. Who is Ninian Edwards?
(a) A merchant passing through New Salem.
(b) Josh Speed's stepbrother.
(c) Uncle of Elizabeth Edwards.
(d) Son of the Illinois governor.
3. What is Lincoln's new attitude toward God after Ann's death?
(a) He becomes an atheist.
(b) He can't pray to a God that needlessly allowed Ann to die.
(c) He knows if he had prayed day and night, Ann would have lived.
(d) He accepts that "the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away."
4. What is the plan that Seth Gale and Lincoln have for their futures?
(a) To relocate to Springfield and open a general store.
(b) To move west, to Nebraska.
(c) To attend law school and go into practice together.
(d) To move to California, in search of gold.
5. How does Lincoln surprise Ann Rutledge while she is clearing tables during Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By asking her to dance on the bar.
(b) By bursting into song when she agrees to talk with him.
(c) By delivering a package from her fiance.
(d) By declaring his love for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ninian Andrews arrives at Lincoln's office and learns about a sad event. What is it?
2. What advice does Josh Speed give Lincoln regarding his mental health?
3. According to Josh, how is Lincoln doing in the State Assembly?
4. What is Bowling Green's attitude toward the possibility of Lincoln marrying Ann Rutledge?
5. What is the local gossip in New Salem about Ann Rutledge?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)