|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ninian Edwards?
(a) Josh Speed's stepbrother.
(b) A merchant passing through New Salem.
(c) Uncle of Elizabeth Edwards.
(d) Son of the Illinois governor.
2. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
(a) The British.
(b) The Whigs.
(c) The U.S. Army.
(d) The Abolitionists.
3. Who is President during the time represented in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Harrison Ford.
(b) Martin Van Buren.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Winston Churchill.
4. Where is Abe Lincoln staying while in New Salem in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) In Rutledge's Tavern.
(b) At the home of Bowling and Nancy Green.
(c) In a barn belonging to Josh Speed.
(d) With Ann Rutledge's family.
5. What advice does Josh Speed give Lincoln regarding his mental health?
(a) He suggests Lincoln see a doctor.
(b) He suggests a lobotomy.
(c) He prescribes anti-depressants.
(d) He thinks a good night's sleep will work wonders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy Herndon's reaction to Lincoln's reasons for breaking off the engagement?
2. What is the true reason Lincoln wants to end the engagement with Mary Todd?
3. According to Nancy Green in Act 1, Scene 3, why can't Lincoln face life without a woman by his side?
4. What is Josh Speed's understanding of Lincoln's personality?
5. What is Lincoln's initial response to the idea of running for office?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)