|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Billy Herndon's flaw?
(a) He kills compulsively.
(b) He drinks too much and too often.
(c) He is a womanizer.
(d) He cheats at cards.
2. What is Billy Herndon's reaction to Lincoln's reasons for breaking off the engagement?
(a) Herndon agrees that Mary Todd is a witch and says he's glad Lincoln changed his mind.
(b) Herndon says Lincoln is really trying to escape his own failure to serve the country.
(c) He is gobsmacked, but he helps Lincoln write another letter.
(d) He is stunned and speechless. He finishes off the bottle in his pocket.
3. In Scene 2, Act 4, what office is Lincoln seeking?
(a) President of the Springfield School Board.
(b) President of the United States.
(c) Springfield's combined office of dogcatcher and postmaster.
(d) Member of the Electoral College.
4. How does Lincoln feel after Ann's death?
(a) He knows her death is for the best, and that he will be able to concentrate better without her.
(b) He feels he should die to be with her again or he will go crazy.
(c) He is relieved because he had begun to doubt her love.
(d) He feels guilty because she got brain sickness and he did not.
5. What does Lincoln's companion think of Lincoln's plan for his wedding?
(a) He agrees that Lincoln is making the right decision, for the right reasons.
(b) He's distressed and offers to deliver the news himself.
(c) He believes everything will work out fine, once Lincoln has a drink or two.
(d) He thinks Lincoln is being too brutal, at least in the way he intends to deliver the news.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Seth Gale intend to settle his family?
2. What are the Bowling Greens reading when Josh Speed arrives at their home in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What is Mary Todd's lifelong dream for herself?
4. What is the plan that Seth Gale and Lincoln have for their futures?
5. Does Lincoln agree, in Act 2, Scene 6, with Josh's suggestion about his mental health?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)