|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ann Rutledge?
(a) A nun who has taken up the monastic life in Illinois.
(b) The woman Abe Lincoln wants to court.
(c) Lincoln's aunt.
(d) The postmistress of New Salem.
2. What is the plan that Seth Gale and Lincoln have for their futures?
(a) To move to California, in search of gold.
(b) To relocate to Springfield and open a general store.
(c) To move west, to Nebraska.
(d) To attend law school and go into practice together.
3. What is it about the Gale family's plans that seems most important to Lincoln?
(a) Their big dreams for their son's future.
(b) The relationship they've developed with Gobey.
(c) The success they've achieved with the dry-cleaning business.
(d) The care they have for the nation and the possiblity they will abandon America if slavery spreads.
4. How does Lincoln feel after Ann's death?
(a) He is relieved because he had begun to doubt her love.
(b) He feels guilty because she got brain sickness and he did not.
(c) He feels he should die to be with her again or he will go crazy.
(d) He knows her death is for the best, and that he will be able to concentrate better without her.
5. In Act 2, Scene 4, why is Billy Herndon disappointed with Lincoln?
(a) Lincoln is considering buying slaves.
(b) Lincoln is courting more than one woman at a time.
(c) Lincoln is an unsuccessful lawyer and the firm is losing money.
(d) Lincoln won't speak out in a fiery way for his own beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lincoln and Mary Todd are getting married, yet he seems to be in despair. Why?
2. What is the name of Seth Gale's young son?
3. What does Jack Armstrong tell Seth Gale about Lincoln while they wait for Lincoln's arrival in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. What does Seth Gale's wife want for her sick son, besides the help of a doctor?
5. What are the Bowling Greens reading when Josh Speed arrives at their home in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)