|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Abe Lincoln at the time of Act 2, Scene 4 in his Springfield law office?
2. What is happening when Lincoln enters Rutledge Tavern to deliver mail?
(a) A local bully is angling for a fight with Ninian Edwards.
(b) Ben Mattling is having a heart attack.
(c) The Clancy Groves boys have the judge trapped behind the bar.
(d) The Clancy Groves boys are buying a round of whiskey for everyone.
3. In Scene 2, Act 4, what office is Lincoln seeking?
(a) President of the Springfield School Board.
(b) President of the United States.
(c) Member of the Electoral College.
(d) Springfield's combined office of dogcatcher and postmaster.
4. How much would Lincoln be paid as a member of the legislature?
(a) $5 a day.
(b) Nothing, it's a volunteer job.
(c) $2.50 a day.
(d) $3 a day.
5. Where is Abe Lincoln staying while in New Salem in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) In Rutledge's Tavern.
(b) At the home of Bowling and Nancy Green.
(c) With Ann Rutledge's family.
(d) In a barn belonging to Josh Speed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, Act 4, Lincoln receives a letter from his old friend, Seth Gale. What is Gale worrying about?
2. What are three things Lincoln likes about Ann Rutledge?
3. Who does Lincoln blame for all the political strife in the country?
4. In Act 2, Scene 4, why is Billy Herndon disappointed with Lincoln?
5. When Act 2, Scene 4 opens in Lincoln's Springfield law office, how much time has passed since the death of Ann Rutledge?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)