Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 4, why is Billy Herndon disappointed with Lincoln?
(a) Lincoln is considering buying slaves.
(b) Lincoln is courting more than one woman at a time.
(c) Lincoln is an unsuccessful lawyer and the firm is losing money.
(d) Lincoln won't speak out in a fiery way for his own beliefs.
2. In Act 2, Scene 6, Lincoln sits at his desk on the day he is to be married. What day of the year is it?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Thanksgiving Day.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) The Fourth of July.
3. How does the weather complement Lincoln's mood when he arrives at the home of the Greens' with news of Ann's death?
(a) The weather is as stormy as his mood.
(b) The weather is as clear as his conscience.
(c) A blizzard settles in, reflecting the cold that has settled in his heart.
(d) The wind howls in agony along with him.
4. In Scene 2, Act 4, what office is Lincoln seeking?
(a) President of the United States.
(b) President of the Springfield School Board.
(c) Member of the Electoral College.
(d) Springfield's combined office of dogcatcher and postmaster.
5. Who have Bowling Green, Ninian Edwards and Josh Speed come to New Salem to see?
(a) Ann Rutledge.
(b) Abe Lincoln.
(c) Seth Gale
(d) Ben Mattling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lincoln feel after Ann's death?
2. Who is Ninian Edwards?
3. What, besides politics, does Lincoln have on his mind during the scene in the Rutledge Tavern?
4. How does Lincoln define his "own great duty?"
5. What is the plan that Seth Gale and Lincoln have for their futures?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)