|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ninian Andrews arrives at Lincoln's office and learns about a sad event. What is it?
(a) Jack Armstrong is in jail for murder.
(b) Seth Gale's mother is dead of malaria.
(c) Lincoln's dog, Rufus, has been killed in a hunting mishap.
(d) The death of Lincoln's friend, Bowling Green.
2. What is the weather, as the Greens sit in their parlor, waiting for Abe to return from Ann Rutledge's home?
(a) A blizzard is going on.
(b) It is storming, windy and rainy.
(c) The sun is shining brightly.
(d) A gentle breeze ruffles the leaves of autumn trees.
3. In Act 2, Scene 6, Lincoln sits at his desk on the day he is to be married. What day of the year is it?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) The Fourth of July.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Thanksgiving Day.
4. What happens to Ann Rutledge?
(a) Bitten by a mosquito, she is paralzyed and left speechless.
(b) She meets a wealthy man, marries him and moves West.
(c) She dies of a brain sickness.
(d) She runs away to Chicago to attend law school.
5. What is Josh Speed's understanding of Lincoln's personality?
(a) Lincoln is a hopeless hypochondriac who reads Hamlet.
(b) Lincoln can't control his manic-depressive episodes and constantly makes a fool of himself.
(c) Lincoln is a great fool with an odd understanding of the law.
(d) Lincoln is obsessive-compulsive and can't stop counting fence posts.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nancy Green in Act 1, Scene 3, why can't Lincoln face life without a woman by his side?
2. What does Lincoln do with his notes before he begins speaking in the debate with Douglas?
3. What advice does Josh Speed give Lincoln regarding his mental health?
4. To which of Shakespeare's characters does Douglas compare Lincoln?
5. Who is with Lincoln at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)