|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ninian Andrews arrives at Lincoln's office and learns about a sad event. What is it?
(a) Seth Gale's mother is dead of malaria.
(b) Jack Armstrong is in jail for murder.
(c) Lincoln's dog, Rufus, has been killed in a hunting mishap.
(d) The death of Lincoln's friend, Bowling Green.
2. What legal case established that slaves should be considered property?
(a) Dred Scott v. Sandford.
(b) Marbury v. Madison.
(c) The Slaughterhouse Cases.
(d) Brown v. Board of Education.
3. To which of Shakespeare's characters does Douglas compare Lincoln?
4. What does Lincoln's companion think of Lincoln's plan for his wedding?
(a) He agrees that Lincoln is making the right decision, for the right reasons.
(b) He's distressed and offers to deliver the news himself.
(c) He believes everything will work out fine, once Lincoln has a drink or two.
(d) He thinks Lincoln is being too brutal, at least in the way he intends to deliver the news.
5. What institution does Douglas use to bolster his argument that negroes are not equal under the Constitution?
(a) The Supreme Court.
(b) The American Civil Liberties Union.
(c) The National Rifle Association.
(d) The Catholic Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Billy Herndon's attitude toward Mary Todd on the day Lincoln is to be married?
2. Where is Abe Lincoln staying while in New Salem in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. In Act 2, Scene 6, Lincoln sits at his desk on the day he is to be married. What day of the year is it?
4. How does Act 1, Scene 3, in which Ann Rutledge dies, come to an end?
5. What is the true reason Lincoln wants to end the engagement with Mary Todd?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)