|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Josh Speed give Lincoln regarding his mental health?
(a) He prescribes anti-depressants.
(b) He suggests a lobotomy.
(c) He suggests Lincoln see a doctor.
(d) He thinks a good night's sleep will work wonders.
2. What does Lincoln do at the end of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) He writes another letter, telling Mary Todd he hates her.
(b) He decides he must go through with the wedding.
(c) He leaves town without informing Mary Todd.
(d) He leaves to break off his engagement in person.
3. What is Billy Herndon's reaction to Lincoln's reasons for breaking off the engagement?
(a) He is stunned and speechless. He finishes off the bottle in his pocket.
(b) Herndon says Lincoln is really trying to escape his own failure to serve the country.
(c) Herndon agrees that Mary Todd is a witch and says he's glad Lincoln changed his mind.
(d) He is gobsmacked, but he helps Lincoln write another letter.
4. Who is the moderator of the debate between Lincoln and Douglas?
(a) Bowling Green.
(b) Elizabeth Edwards.
(c) Ninian Edwards.
(d) Whoopi Goldberg.
5. Ninian Andrews arrives at Lincoln's office and learns about a sad event. What is it?
(a) Seth Gale's mother is dead of malaria.
(b) Lincoln's dog, Rufus, has been killed in a hunting mishap.
(c) The death of Lincoln's friend, Bowling Green.
(d) Jack Armstrong is in jail for murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Josh Speed's understanding of Lincoln's personality?
2. How does Lincoln feel after Ann's death?
3. What is Bowling Green's attitude toward the possibility of Lincoln marrying Ann Rutledge?
4. What does Lincoln's companion think of Lincoln's plan for his wedding?
5. What is the true reason Lincoln wants to end the engagement with Mary Todd?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)