|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the moderator of the debate between Lincoln and Douglas?
(a) Bowling Green.
(b) Whoopi Goldberg.
(c) Ninian Edwards.
(d) Elizabeth Edwards.
2. To which of Shakespeare's characters does Douglas compare Lincoln?
3. What piece of advice does Ninian Andrews give Lincoln concerning Mary Todd in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) He tells Lincoln that Mary Todd should be committed to a hospital.
(b) He suggests giving in to her every whim in order to keep life happy.
(c) He says Lincoln should always follow her advice because she has a good head for politics.
(d) He says Lincoln should keep a tight rein on her ambitions and delusions of grandeur.
4. In Act 2, Scene 6, Lincoln sits at his desk on the day he is to be married. What day of the year is it?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(b) Thanksgiving Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Christmas Day.
5. What institution does Douglas use to bolster his argument that negroes are not equal under the Constitution?
(a) The National Rifle Association.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The American Civil Liberties Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Josh Speed's understanding of Lincoln's personality?
2. How does Lincoln intend to communicate his intentions to Mary Todd?
3. Who is with Lincoln at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Ninian Andrews arrives at Lincoln's office and learns about a sad event. What is it?
5. What does Ann's love do for Lincoln?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)