|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Act 1, Scene 3, in which Ann Rutledge dies, come to an end?
(a) The scene ends with only a beam of light from Abe's attic illuminating the stage.
(b) The scene concludes with Lincoln on his knees in the attic, sobbing.
(c) The scene ends when Lincoln stumbles offstage, leaving his friends worried about his fate.
(d) The scene ends with a prayer spoken by Nancy Green.
2. What institution does Douglas use to bolster his argument that negroes are not equal under the Constitution?
(a) The American Civil Liberties Union.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) The National Rifle Association.
(d) The Catholic Church.
3. Who is the moderator of the debate between Lincoln and Douglas?
(a) Whoopi Goldberg.
(b) Elizabeth Edwards.
(c) Ninian Edwards.
(d) Bowling Green.
4. Ninian Andrews arrives at Lincoln's office and learns about a sad event. What is it?
(a) Lincoln's dog, Rufus, has been killed in a hunting mishap.
(b) Seth Gale's mother is dead of malaria.
(c) The death of Lincoln's friend, Bowling Green.
(d) Jack Armstrong is in jail for murder.
5. What piece of advice does Ninian Andrews give Lincoln concerning Mary Todd in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) He says Lincoln should always follow her advice because she has a good head for politics.
(b) He tells Lincoln that Mary Todd should be committed to a hospital.
(c) He says Lincoln should keep a tight rein on her ambitions and delusions of grandeur.
(d) He suggests giving in to her every whim in order to keep life happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lincoln do with his notes before he begins speaking in the debate with Douglas?
2. What is Lincoln's attitude about people before he meets Ann Rutledge?
3. What is the true reason Lincoln wants to end the engagement with Mary Todd?
4. How does Lincoln intend to communicate his intentions to Mary Todd?
5. According to Josh, how is Lincoln doing in the State Assembly?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)