|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
2. The author visits his son's school in __________________.
(a) "December 10."
(b) "December 9."
(c) "December 11."
(d) "December 8."
3. The author is intrigued that the grubs don't seem affected by __________.
(a) The extreme cold.
(b) His touching them.
(c) His smell.
(d) Loud noises.
4. While driving along the way to take his son back, what does the author see?
(a) Flowers of spring.
(b) Heat of summer.
(c) Animals of spring.
(d) Insects of spring.
5. In "April 21," the author and Stuart, his son, take ___________.
(a) A vacation.
(b) A walk in the woods.
(c) A swim in the river.
(d) A drawing course together.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author decides to make maple syrup with whom?
2. The author spends Christmas with whom in "December 25"?
3. For what sound does the author still listen intently?
4. When the author goes for a walk in his snowshoes, what does he observe?
5. The author and his neighbor _________ go ice fishing in "April 3 Ice Fishing."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say in "Moss Watch"? Why might he study moss?
2. What observations does the author make in "May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog"? What might be the significance of this?
3. How important are these fishing expeditions for the author? Why?
4. What does the author notice in "December 3"?
5. What takes place in "Early February"? What is your reaction to this? Why?
6. Describe the snow storm. How does it affect the author?
7. How does the author feel about the mice and flies? Why? How does this compare to how he feels about other animals?
8. What does he author say about his favorite season? Why might he feel this way?
9. What takes place in "April 4 Returns"? Describe the author's attitude at this time.
10. What takes place in "March 31"? How might the author feel about this?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)