|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author make a trip in "December 4"?
(a) To see his son, Stuart.
(b) He is bored.
(c) To buy more supplies.
(d) To visit friends.
2. How does the sample surprise the author?
(a) How much pollution accompanied those organisms.
(b) How many dangerous organisms live there.
(c) How dirty the water was.
(d) How much life is down there.
3. In "March 14 After the Storm," why does the author go into town again?
(a) To have breakfast at the diner.
(b) To find dead cattle.
(c) To talk to his friends.
(d) To buy supplies.
4. In what chapter does the author note how many activities and responsibilities he has taken on?
(a) "April 11."
(b) "April 20."
(c) "April 1."
(d) "April 2."
5. What occurs in "January 13"?
(a) The author comes face to face with a moose.
(b) A huge snow storm.
(c) The author's son comes to visit.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author do before cooking and eating the fish that he and his neighbor catch?
2. When the elephants disappear, the author notices that the ground is covered with _______.
3. Where are the students who arrive in "December 29 Winter Ecology" from?
4. The author dissects the cocoon and discovers a great deal about _____________.
5. In what chapter does it rain all day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place in "Early February"? What is your reaction to this? Why?
2. What takes place in "Cows"? What is your reaction to this? Why?
3. What does he author say about his favorite season? Why might he feel this way?
4. What observations does the author make in "May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog"? What might be the significance of this?
5. What is the most important aspect of hunting for the author? Why?
6. What is taking place in "March 13 Storm Warnings"? Why do the people act and feel this way?
7. What takes place in "January 5 Bog Trip"? How might this affect the students?
8. What does the author notice in "December 3"?
9. Describe the author's smelting trip with Bill. Do you agree with their conclusion? Why or why not?
10. What does the author learn from this dissection? How is this important to him?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)