|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "Moss Watch," the author describes the various types of ________________ he can see around his cabin.
(a) Moss and lichen.
(b) Spiders and flies.
(c) Mice and rats.
(d) Flowers and plants.
2. In "January 31," the author must deal with extreme cold weather as well as the return of _______.
(a) The deer.
(b) The ravens.
(c) The flies.
(d) The mice.
3. The author describes the awakening life in what chapter?
(a) "April 2 Dreams."
(b) "April 1."
(c) "April 3 Ice Fishing."
(d) "March 31".
4. In "April 4 Returns," what does the author spend the night doing?
(b) Boiling sap.
(c) Watching television.
5. Where does the author take a trip to in "May 2"?
(a) To New York City.
(b) To town.
(c) To Vermont.
(d) To Bog Stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author act with the townspeople?
2. The author is quite proud about __________.
3. In his _______________ orchard he notices that below the snow, the mice had been active at gnawing away on the bark of the trees.
4. In "March 20-21 First Tappers," what does the author notice about the squirrels?
5. What happens when the author comes down from the tree and onto the ground?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)