|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author also writes about the miniature plants left over from _________that make their homes close to the ground?
(a) Previous generations of settlers.
(b) The previous owner of the cabin.
(c) Previous ice ages.
(d) A couple of centuries ago.
2. Where are the students who arrive in "December 29 Winter Ecology" from?
(a) The author's high school.
(b) The author's university.
(c) All over Maine.
(d) All over the country.
3. What occurs in "January 13"?
(a) The author comes face to face with a moose.
(b) The author's son comes to visit.
(c) A huge snow storm.
(d) An earthquake.
4. According to the farmer, how do most people use the dead calves?
(a) To bait coyotes.
(b) To bait bears.
(c) To feed ravens.
(d) To feed cattle.
5. The farmer also sells some_________ here and there to make money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fish does the author consider the perch to be?
2. For what sound does the author still listen intently?
3. The author is quite proud about __________.
4. In "November 28 More Flies," how does the the author attempt to rid his cabin of flies?
5. The author visits his son's school in __________________.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)