|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the author runs, how does he feel?
(c) Relaxed and content.
(d) Tired and sore.
2. What caused the animals in the region to change?
(a) The coming of man.
(b) The changing climate.
(c) The change in the landscape.
(d) The change in the food supply.
3. Do they spot deer?
(a) Yes, but only one.
(c) Yes, many.
(d) Yes, but only a few.
4. What does the author do to the mice?
(a) He feeds them.
(b) He lures them outside.
(c) He names them.
(d) He exterminates them.
5. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
(c) A means of blocking the sun.
(d) A source of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
2. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
3. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
4. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
5. The author reflects in "October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars" that he is much like whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place in "The Time of Birdsong"? Why is this important to the author?
2. Describe the author's first morning in the cabin. What can be predicted regarding his stay in this cabin based on this information?
3. Describe the author's traveling companion. Why might he want this companion?
4. Describe the author's relationship with Jack. What does this reveal about the author?
5. How does the author feel about his housemates in "October 7 Housemates"? Why?
6. How is the logging business important to the people of this region?
7. What takes place in "August 14 Whispers of Fall"?
8. What happens to the author's vegetables? How might he feel about this?
9. Why does chopping wood make the author happy? What does this reveal about him?
10. How might the author's annual rendezvous be important, especially this year?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)