Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) A Sierra Club.
(b) A Green.
(c) An Earth First.
(d) An Audubon Society.
2. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
(a) The art fair.
(b) The county fair.
(c) The farmer's market.
(d) The state fair.
3. In the section "Scents and Sounds," to what does the author listen?
(a) The sounds of the afternoon.
(b) The sounds of the night.
(c) The sounds of the morning.
(d) The sounds of the evening.
4. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
5. As the author cuts wood for the winter, he notices areas he cleared only a few years before are covered with __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
2. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
3. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
4. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
5. What is the thing that surprises the author the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the author's sense of smell important to him?
2. How does the author spend Christmas? How does he feel about this? How does this experience compare to his other experiences throughout this book?
3. What does the author think of himself and his students in comparison to other people? Do you agree? Why or why not?
4. What takes place in "The Time of Birdsong"? Why is this important to the author?
5. What takes place in "March 31"? How might the author feel about this?
6. How does Jack act like other ravens? How does the author predict this?
7. What does the author notice in "October 6 Cherry HIll Drive"? Why might this be important?
8. How does the author feel about celebrating Christmas? Why might he feel this way?
9. Describe the author's relationship with Jack. What does this reveal about the author?
10. Why does chopping wood make the author happy? What does this reveal about him?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)