Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes he may be wanted as __________ in "The Spiker."
(a) An eco-terrorist.
(b) A terrorist.
(c) A thief.
(d) A mass murderer.
2. The author concluded that the squirrels had developed a way of making ___________.
(a) Their own maple syrup.
(b) Their own gum.
(c) Their own nests.
(d) Their own sugar.
3. The author also writes about the miniature plants left over from _________that make their homes close to the ground?
(a) The previous owner of the cabin.
(b) Previous generations of settlers.
(c) A couple of centuries ago.
(d) Previous ice ages.
4. In another very detailed dream, he is looking for a place to rest but is suddenly swept away by ______________ elephants.
5. The author visits his son's school in __________________.
(a) "December 8."
(b) "December 9."
(c) "December 10."
(d) "December 11."
6. After thinking about some bizarre encounters that he recently had with the logging company, what does the author decide?
(a) The logging company is dangerous.
(b) They must be watching him.
(c) They must trust him.
(d) He wants to be an eco-terrorist.
7. While driving along the way to take his son back, what does the author see?
(a) Animals of spring.
(b) Flowers of spring.
(c) Insects of spring.
(d) Heat of summer.
8. What does the author begin in "March 23"?
(a) The squirrel observations.
(b) The sugar-making operation.
(c) The syrup-making operation.
(d) The squirrel hunt.
9. How does Stuart feel about his father?
(a) He is very angry.
(b) He is very annoyed.
(c) He is very embarrassed.
(d) He is very proud.
10. When the deer looks at him, what does the author do?
(a) He drops an apple on her head.
(b) He stares at her.
(c) He calls to her.
(d) He runs.
11. In "December 12 Rump Steak," the author discovers that the steak that he thought a friendly neighbor left him to enjoy through the winter was actually what?
(a) Meant for the coyotes.
(b) Spoiled meat meant for his ravens.
(c) Meant for his birthday.
(d) Meant for his dogs.
12. In "January 31," the author must deal with extreme cold weather as well as the return of _______.
(a) The ravens.
(b) The flies.
(c) The deer.
(d) The mice.
13. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
14. The author is intrigued that the grubs don't seem affected by __________.
(a) His touching them.
(b) The extreme cold.
(c) His smell.
(d) Loud noises.
15. What holiday is "February 2"?
(a) President's Day.
(b) Boxing Day.
(c) Groundhog Day.
(d) Martin Luther King Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the stump of an old __________ the author finds many wide, deep grub holes.
2. In one he sees a huge _____________ owl starting at him.
3. At the end of the section, where is the author when he encounters a deer?
4. The author notes the changing seasons and decides his favorite season is ____________.
5. When the author goes for a walk in his snowshoes, what does he observe?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)