|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author finds a female _______________ near his cabin and follows her on her search for food.
2. In another very detailed dream, he is looking for a place to rest but is suddenly swept away by ______________ elephants.
3. Where does the author take a trip to in "May 2"?
(a) To Vermont.
(b) To Bog Stream.
(c) To town.
(d) To New York City.
4. In "December 21," the author discovers that a local squirrel has stashed __________ all along the path.
5. The author stumbles upon _________ moose.
6. The author and his neighbor _________ go ice fishing in "April 3 Ice Fishing."
7. Why does the author make a trip in "December 4"?
(a) To see his son, Stuart.
(b) He is bored.
(c) To buy more supplies.
(d) To visit friends.
8. In "April 4 Returns," what does the author spend the night doing?
(b) Watching television.
(d) Boiling sap.
9. Though the weather is still cold in "March 16," the author can see the tracks and furrows of many animals. What does he search for as the sun comes out?
(a) Kinglet's nests.
(b) Raven's nests.
(c) Bald eagle's nests.
(d) Robin's nests.
10. The author spends Christmas with whom in "December 25"?
(a) His neighbors.
(b) His family.
(c) The squirrels.
(d) The ravens.
11. The farmer also sells some_________ here and there to make money.
12. While driving along the way to take his son back, what does the author see?
(a) Animals of spring.
(b) Heat of summer.
(c) Flowers of spring.
(d) Insects of spring.
13. After thinking about some bizarre encounters that he recently had with the logging company, what does the author decide?
(a) The logging company is dangerous.
(b) They must trust him.
(c) He wants to be an eco-terrorist.
(d) They must be watching him.
14. The author concluded that the squirrels had developed a way of making ___________.
(a) Their own sugar.
(b) Their own nests.
(c) Their own gum.
(d) Their own maple syrup.
15. In "April 8," what does the author check out on a dairy farm?
(a) The farm's machinery.
(b) A raven's nest.
(c) The dairy products made there.
(d) A cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Cows," why does the author go into town?
2. The author dissects the cocoon and discovers a great deal about _____________.
3. In "January 31," the author must deal with extreme cold weather as well as the return of _______.
4. In the last section, "May 24 Graduation," the author makes the trip back to his university to see ________ graduate.
5. In "January 6 A Discussion," what does the author notice that he might be a little odd for doing?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)