|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this section, whom does the farmer meet with at the cabin?
(a) The dairy farmer.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) The lumber company.
(d) A local farmer.
2. What does the author see the squirrels licking?
(a) Their fur.
(b) All the maple trees.
(c) Some select maple trees.
(d) The snow.
3. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
4. In what chapter does it rain all day?
(a) "April 26."
(b) "April 20."
(c) "April 30."
(d) "April 11."
5. Where does the author take a trip to in "May 2"?
(a) To Bog Stream.
(b) To town.
(c) To Vermont.
(d) To New York City.
6. Why does the author make a trip in "December 4"?
(a) He is bored.
(b) To buy more supplies.
(c) To see his son, Stuart.
(d) To visit friends.
7. How does Stuart feel about his father?
(a) He is very annoyed.
(b) He is very embarrassed.
(c) He is very angry.
(d) He is very proud.
8. In "March 14 Storm" what is the author beginning to feel?
(c) Cabin fever.
9. In the last section, "May 24 Graduation," the author makes the trip back to his university to see ________ graduate.
(a) His daughter.
(b) His daughter and one of his doctoral students.
(c) His son.
(d) His son and daughter.
10. In "December 4," the author decides to make the trip ________.
(a) To another cabin.
(b) Into town.
(c) Into the forest.
(d) Back home.
11. When the author and his friend get to the stream, can any fish be found?
(a) Yes, many.
(c) Yes, a few.
(d) Yes, but not at first.
12. Does the dear show fear?
(a) Yes, but very little.
(b) Yes, a little.
(c) Yes, a great deal.
13. When the author goes for a walk in his snowshoes, what does he observe?
(a) The tracks of deer.
(b) The tracks of bears.
(c) The tracks of many different animals.
(d) The tracks of ravens.
14. In "April 4 Returns," what does the author spend the night doing?
(a) Boiling sap.
(c) Watching television.
15. The author stumbles upon _________ moose.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the elephants disappear, the author notices that the ground is covered with _______.
2. The author cooks mice for the students. How do they feel about eating mouse?
3. The author spends Christmas with whom in "December 25"?
4. In the section "May 7," the author observes a few more nesting birds and notes their mating rituals are starting to _______.
5. On December 9, the author returns to his cabin in the woods just in time for what event?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)