Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author make a trip in "December 4"?
(a) To buy more supplies.
(b) To see his son, Stuart.
(c) He is bored.
(d) To visit friends.
2. In "March 20-21 First Tappers," what does the author notice about the squirrels?
(a) They look confused.
(b) They look ill.
(c) They are very fat.
(d) Strange behavior.
3. The author notes the changing seasons and decides his favorite season is ____________.
(d) Always the current one.
4. The author drives his son back to _____________ in "April 28."
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) New York.
5. The author dissects the cocoon and discovers a great deal about _____________.
(a) The fly's development in the cocoon and his escape.
(b) The moth's development in the cocoon and his escape.
(c) The butterfly's development in the cocoon and his escape.
(d) The beetle's development in the cocoon and his escape.
6. Even though the author has not killed a deer or even fired a shot, why does he declare it a successful season?
(a) He enjoyed spending time with his nephew.
(b) He liked being outside.
(c) He did not want to kill any deer.
(d) He has observed all kinds of animals he may never have encountered if he was not hunting.
7. In the section "Moss Watch," the author describes the various types of ________________ he can see around his cabin.
(a) Mice and rats.
(b) Moss and lichen.
(c) Spiders and flies.
(d) Flowers and plants.
8. According to the author, where do the most successful nest builders place their nests?
(a) In the most unlikely places.
(b) In high trees.
(c) On his roof.
(d) Near the ground.
9. What holiday is "February 2"?
(a) Groundhog Day.
(b) Boxing Day.
(c) President's Day.
(d) Martin Luther King Day.
10. When the elephants disappear, the author notices that the ground is covered with _______.
11. The author ponders about the first Native Americans who discovered __________.
(a) How to catch squirrels.
(b) How to make maple syrup.
(c) How to cook squirrel.
(d) How to hunt.
12. The author visits his son's school in __________________.
(a) "December 8."
(b) "December 11."
(c) "December 9."
(d) "December 10."
13. The author and his son watch a ______________ fly up into the sky and then circle back down to the ground.
(c) Canadian goose.
14. In "Cows," why does the author go into town?
(a) To meet with friends.
(b) To have a meal at the diner.
(c) To see his son.
(d) To buy supplies.
15. In "March 30 Cocoons," the author finds an old cocoon from _________.
(a) A moth.
(b) A fly.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A beetle.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in town, for what does he find a lead?
2. In "Excursions," what creatures are endangered because of high quantities of mercury and PCB in the water?
3. In "April 21," the author and Stuart, his son, take ___________.
4. In one he sees a huge _____________ owl starting at him.
5. In "Excursions," the author and one of his students pull up samples of insects from ________.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)