Short Answer Questions Key
1. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
His cabin deep in the woods of Maine.
2. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
3. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
The land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
4. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
The many different birdcalls.
5. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
A red spruce tree.
This section contains 4,765 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)