|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author is intrigued that the grubs don't seem affected by __________.
(a) His touching them.
(b) The extreme cold.
(c) Loud noises.
(d) His smell.
2. In what chapter does the author note how many activities and responsibilities he has taken on?
(a) "April 20."
(b) "April 11."
(c) "April 1."
(d) "April 2."
3. Though the pair is hunting on election day, the author observes what?
(a) He feels the need to vote.
(b) He wonders who he would have voted for.
(c) There are quite a few others out hunting instead of voting.
(d) It really has no meaning to them, so removed from the real world.
4. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(b) Picking blackberries.
5. The author decides to make maple syrup with whom?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) His students.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Excursions," the author and one of his students pull up samples of insects from ________.
2. The author drives his son back to _____________ in "April 28."
3. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
4. Do they spot deer?
5. While driving along the way to take his son back, what does the author see?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)