|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author ponders about the first Native Americans who discovered __________.
(a) How to hunt.
(b) How to cook squirrel.
(c) How to make maple syrup.
(d) How to catch squirrels.
2. The author notes the changing seasons and decides his favorite season is ____________.
(b) Always the current one.
3. In "January 20 Coyotes," what is the man, which the author just happens upon, doing?
(a) Trying to find his way home.
(c) Hunting deer.
(d) Chasing and killing coyotes with his dogs.
4. The author believes he may be wanted as __________ in "The Spiker."
(a) An eco-terrorist.
(b) A terrorist.
(c) A mass murderer.
(d) A thief.
5. Why do the squirrels, in particular, fascinate the author?
(a) They are very curious.
(b) They try so hard to stay hidden.
(c) They are very mean.
(d) They are very loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
2. On what does the author base his conclusions?
3. In "April 4 Returns," what does the author spend the night doing?
4. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
5. While in town, for what does he find a lead?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)