|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author cooks mice for the students. How do they feel about eating mouse?
(a) They are made ill by it.
(b) They enjoy it.
(c) They are disgusted by it.
(d) They are annoyed by it.
2. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
(a) Like a desert.
(b) Similar to how it looked before.
(c) The same as if no logging had ever taken place.
(d) Very different from what it has looked like before.
3. On December 9, the author returns to his cabin in the woods just in time for what event?
(a) A full lunar eclipse.
(b) A solar eclipse.
(c) The winter solstice.
(d) A partial lunar eclipse.
4. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) A red spruce tree.
(b) A hot air balloon.
(c) The loft of the barn.
(d) A poplar tree.
5. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "December 12 Rump Steak," the author discovers that the steak that he thought a friendly neighbor left him to enjoy through the winter was actually what?
2. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
3. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
4. In the section "Flying Samaras and Consciousness," the author writes about the little rotary seeds of the ____________ tree known as samaras.
5. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)