|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many days does the intensive class which the author teaches every winter at his cabin last?
2. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
(a) The raven.
(c) The moth.
(d) The deer.
3. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
4. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
5. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
(a) To make it suitable for agriculture.
(b) To make is suitable for living.
(c) To make room for more people to come.
(d) To be able to watch the sun rise and set.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "March 14 Storm" what is the author beginning to feel?
2. What is the thing that surprises the author the most?
3. When the author goes for a walk in his snowshoes, what does he observe?
4. What occurs in "January 13"?
5. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)