|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
(a) An artist paints his portrait.
(b) Chefs make several types of pies for the visitors to try.
(c) Teams of horses and oxen pull heavy loads for a large crowd of spectators.
(d) The horses compete in dressage.
2. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
3. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
(a) A telephone in his bedroom.
(b) A walkie-talkie.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A telephone in the neighbor's outhouse.
4. The farmer also sells some_________ here and there to make money.
5. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though the author has not killed a deer or even fired a shot, why does he declare it a successful season?
2. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
3. In "April 21," the author and Stuart, his son, take ___________.
4. After thinking about some bizarre encounters that he recently had with the logging company, what does the author decide?
5. In this section, whom does the farmer meet with at the cabin?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)