|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
(a) The wood is filled with insects.
(b) He is still in need of more wood.
(c) He is very sore from chopping wood.
(d) His stove is efficient at cooking food but inefficient at heating his cabin.
2. On what does the author base his conclusions?
(a) On his assumptions.
(b) On his experiments.
(c) On previously discovered scientific evidence.
(d) On his observations.
3. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
4. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
(b) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
(c) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
(d) Writing poetry.
5. When the elephants disappear, the author notices that the ground is covered with _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
2. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
3. In "Excursions," what creatures are endangered because of high quantities of mercury and PCB in the water?
4. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
5. Eventually, what does Jack do?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)