|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last glacier.
(b) The last meteor shower.
(c) The last tornado.
(d) The last earthquake.
2. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
(a) A source of paper.
(d) A means of blocking the sun.
3. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
4. What does the author do before cooking and eating the fish that he and his neighbor catch?
(a) He sketches them.
(b) He tests them for disease.
(c) He studies them.
(d) He dissects them.
5. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
(a) How the woods is in need of spring's warmth.
(b) How plants and animals reproduce and die.
(c) How plants and animals cannot wait for spring.
(d) How the author is desperately in need of spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
2. While in town, for what does he find a lead?
3. In "April 28 Free Search," the author goes on a nature walk _______________.
4. In "March 20-21 First Tappers," what does the author notice about the squirrels?
5. On December 9, the author returns to his cabin in the woods just in time for what event?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)