|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the last section, "May 24 Graduation," the author makes the trip back to his university to see ________ graduate.
(a) His son.
(b) His son and daughter.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His daughter and one of his doctoral students.
2. When the deer looks at him, what does the author do?
(a) He calls to her.
(b) He runs.
(c) He stares at her.
(d) He drops an apple on her head.
3. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
(a) A warmer, temperate climate.
(b) Those planted by man.
(c) A more populated region.
(d) A cooler climate.
4. The author notes the changing seasons and decides his favorite season is ____________.
(d) Always the current one.
5. In "April 4 Returns," what does the author spend the night doing?
(c) Boiling sap.
(d) Watching television.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
2. After thinking about some bizarre encounters that he recently had with the logging company, what does the author decide?
3. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
4. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
5. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)