|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
(a) A wood pile.
(b) A twin bed.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A straw mattress.
2. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
(a) To make is suitable for living.
(b) To be able to watch the sun rise and set.
(c) To make room for more people to come.
(d) To make it suitable for agriculture.
3. The author notes how perceptive the ravens are to _____________.
4. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last tornado.
(b) The last meteor shower.
(c) The last glacier.
(d) The last earthquake.
5. Even though the author has not killed a deer or even fired a shot, why does he declare it a successful season?
(a) He liked being outside.
(b) He did not want to kill any deer.
(c) He has observed all kinds of animals he may never have encountered if he was not hunting.
(d) He enjoyed spending time with his nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "November 8-9 Jack?" the author observes a group of ravens that he has done what for?
2. In "December 21," the author discovers that a local squirrel has stashed __________ all along the path.
3. As the author cuts wood for the winter, he notices areas he cleared only a few years before are covered with __________.
4. The author spends Christmas with whom in "December 25"?
5. The author dissects the cocoon and discovers a great deal about _____________.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)