|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where can moss grow?
(a) Very few places.
(b) In strong sunlight.
(c) In very dry locations.
(d) On rotting stumps and trees, in decaying grass, on rocks and ridges, and sometimes just on the bare ground.
2. "October 3 The Annual Rendezvous" is about __________________.
(a) A dinner meeting the author holds every year for his colleagues.
(b) A party the author attends every year.
(c) A party that the author hosts up on the mountain every year.
(d) A faculty meeting held for all college professors.
3. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
(c) Bike ride.
4. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
(a) The state fair.
(b) The county fair.
(c) The farmer's market.
(d) The art fair.
5. In "December 4," the author decides to make the trip ________.
(a) Into town.
(b) To another cabin.
(c) Back home.
(d) Into the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
2. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
3. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
4. The author notes the changing seasons and decides his favorite season is ____________.
5. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)