|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
(a) Go skiing.
(b) Go deer hunting.
(c) Take a break from watching nature.
(d) See for long distances and observe more of the natural world.
2. The author notes the changing seasons and decides his favorite season is ____________.
(b) Always the current one.
3. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
4. Why do the squirrels, in particular, fascinate the author?
(a) They try so hard to stay hidden.
(b) They are very loud.
(c) They are very mean.
(d) They are very curious.
5. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
(a) To make room for more people to come.
(b) To make it suitable for agriculture.
(c) To make is suitable for living.
(d) To be able to watch the sun rise and set.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author is intrigued that the grubs don't seem affected by __________.
2. For what sound does the author still listen intently?
3. In "January 31," the author must deal with extreme cold weather as well as the return of _______.
4. What kind of fish does the author consider the perch to be?
5. The author also writes about the miniature plants left over from _________that make their homes close to the ground?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)