|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
(b) Refreshed and energized.
(d) Tired and sore.
2. The author and his neighbor _________ go ice fishing in "April 3 Ice Fishing."
3. The author concluded that the squirrels had developed a way of making ___________.
(a) Their own maple syrup.
(b) Their own nests.
(c) Their own sugar.
(d) Their own gum.
4. The author reflects in "October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars" that he is much like whom?
(a) HIs father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
5. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(b) The sound of cars.
(c) The many different birdcalls.
(d) Frogs croaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
2. The author describes the awakening life in what chapter?
3. The author drives his son back to _____________ in "April 28."
4. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
5. In "November 8-9 Jack?" the author observes a group of ravens that he has done what for?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)