|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "April 21," the author and Stuart, his son, take ___________.
(a) A swim in the river.
(b) A drawing course together.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A walk in the woods.
2. Where can moss grow?
(a) In strong sunlight.
(b) In very dry locations.
(c) Very few places.
(d) On rotting stumps and trees, in decaying grass, on rocks and ridges, and sometimes just on the bare ground.
3. The author visits his son's school in __________________.
(a) "December 11."
(b) "December 10."
(c) "December 8."
(d) "December 9."
4. After the author runs, how does he feel?
(a) Relaxed and content.
(c) Tired and sore.
5. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
(a) Tired and sore.
(d) Refreshed and energized.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author cooks mice for the students. How do they feel about eating mouse?
2. Why do the squirrels, in particular, fascinate the author?
3. What does the author see the squirrels licking?
4. In "April 8," what does the author check out on a dairy farm?
5. When the author goes for a walk in his snowshoes, what does he observe?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)