|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
(a) The wood is filled with insects.
(b) He is very sore from chopping wood.
(c) His stove is efficient at cooking food but inefficient at heating his cabin.
(d) He is still in need of more wood.
2. What happens when the author comes down from the tree and onto the ground?
(a) The deer runs away.
(b) The deer stays frozen.
(c) The deer walks away.
(d) The deer comes to him.
3. In "January 20 Coyotes," what is the man, which the author just happens upon, doing?
(a) Trying to find his way home.
(b) Chasing and killing coyotes with his dogs.
(d) Hunting deer.
4. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
(a) The author's house.
(b) The author's yard.
(c) The author's barn.
(d) The author's outhouse.
5. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
(a) Cranberries and holly.
(b) Huckleberries and figs.
(c) Cranberries and figs.
(d) Huckleberries and holly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "December 21," the author discovers that a local squirrel has stashed __________ all along the path.
2. In this section, whom does the farmer meet with at the cabin?
3. In the last section, "May 24 Graduation," the author makes the trip back to his university to see ________ graduate.
4. In "April 28 Free Search," the author goes on a nature walk _______________.
5. Where can moss grow?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)