|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
2. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
(a) His son's school.
(b) The bog.
(c) His son's home in Vermont.
(d) His cabin deep in the woods of Maine.
3. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) The loft of the barn.
(b) A hot air balloon.
(c) A red spruce tree.
(d) A poplar tree.
4. The author believes he may be wanted as __________ in "The Spiker."
(a) An eco-terrorist.
(b) A mass murderer.
(c) A thief.
(d) A terrorist.
5. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the squirrels, in particular, fascinate the author?
2. In "January 6 A Discussion," what does the author notice that he might be a little odd for doing?
3. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
4. The author is intrigued that the grubs don't seem affected by __________.
5. The author notes the changing seasons and decides his favorite season is ____________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)