|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The farmer also sells some_________ here and there to make money.
2. In "December 21," the author discovers that a local squirrel has stashed __________ all along the path.
3. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
(a) Building a barn.
(b) Adding onto his cabin.
(c) Building an outhouse.
(d) His winter fires.
4. What does the author begin in "March 23"?
(a) The squirrel observations.
(b) The squirrel hunt.
(c) The sugar-making operation.
(d) The syrup-making operation.
5. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "April 2 Dreams," the author remembers a couple of dreams from how long ago?
2. In "March 14 After the Storm," why does the author go into town again?
3. As the author cuts wood for the winter, he notices areas he cleared only a few years before are covered with __________.
4. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
5. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)