|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author is intrigued that the grubs don't seem affected by __________.
(a) His smell.
(b) The extreme cold.
(c) His touching them.
(d) Loud noises.
2. In "January 31," the author must deal with extreme cold weather as well as the return of _______.
(a) The mice.
(b) The ravens.
(c) The flies.
(d) The deer.
3. One raven flies close to the author, circles away, and then comes back. At this point, what is the author wondering about?
(a) If the raven is scared of him.
(b) If it is his friend Jack.
(c) If it is curious about him.
(d) If the raven does not like him.
4. In this section, whom does the farmer meet with at the cabin?
(a) The lumber company.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) A local farmer.
(d) The dairy farmer.
5. Why do the squirrels, in particular, fascinate the author?
(a) They are very loud.
(b) They are very mean.
(c) They are very curious.
(d) They try so hard to stay hidden.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
2. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
3. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
4. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
5. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)