|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author finds a female _______________ near his cabin and follows her on her search for food.
2. According to the farmer, how do most people use the dead calves?
(a) To bait coyotes.
(b) To feed cattle.
(c) To feed ravens.
(d) To bait bears.
3. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
(a) The author's daily routines and his daily runs.
(b) The author's desire for sugar.
(c) The author's maple syrup-making routine.
(d) The author's interest in squirrels.
4. In this section, whom does the farmer meet with at the cabin?
(a) The lumber company.
(b) The dairy farmer.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) A local farmer.
5. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
(a) The horses compete in dressage.
(b) Chefs make several types of pies for the visitors to try.
(c) An artist paints his portrait.
(d) Teams of horses and oxen pull heavy loads for a large crowd of spectators.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
2. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
3. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
4. Eventually, what does Jack do?
5. On what does the author base his conclusions?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)