|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in town, for what does he find a lead?
(a) Some dead cattle.
(c) Food supplies.
2. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
(a) His son's home in Vermont.
(b) The bog.
(c) His son's school.
(d) His cabin deep in the woods of Maine.
3. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(b) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
(c) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
(d) They grow faster and always flower.
4. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
5. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stuart win?
2. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
3. On the way back to the car, what does the author find?
4. In the stump of an old __________ the author finds many wide, deep grub holes.
5. What holiday is "February 2"?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)