|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "March 20-21 First Tappers," what does the author notice about the squirrels?
(a) They are very fat.
(b) They look ill.
(c) Strange behavior.
(d) They look confused.
2. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
(a) The author's relationship with the raven he captured when it was a baby.
(b) The author's relationship with his neighbor.
(c) The author's relationship with his son.
(d) The author's relationship with a young deer.
3. In another very detailed dream, he is looking for a place to rest but is suddenly swept away by ______________ elephants.
4. In "Excursions," what creatures are endangered because of high quantities of mercury and PCB in the water?
(a) Bald eagles.
(b) Sea gulls.
(d) Blue herons.
5. In "April 28 Free Search," the author goes on a nature walk _______________.
(a) Looking for something in particular.
(b) Without looking for anything in particular.
(c) Without looking where he was going.
(d) Without paying attention to where he was.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
2. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
3. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
4. In the section "Moss Watch," the author describes the various types of ________________ he can see around his cabin.
5. The farmer also sells some_________ here and there to make money.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)