|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "October 3 The Annual Rendezvous" is about __________________.
(a) A party that the author hosts up on the mountain every year.
(b) A faculty meeting held for all college professors.
(c) A dinner meeting the author holds every year for his colleagues.
(d) A party the author attends every year.
2. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
3. In "December 21," the author discovers that a local squirrel has stashed __________ all along the path.
4. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
5. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
(a) To make it suitable for agriculture.
(b) To make is suitable for living.
(c) To make room for more people to come.
(d) To be able to watch the sun rise and set.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author set out to do in "November 25 Connections"?
2. When the author goes for a walk in his snowshoes, what does he observe?
3. In "January 20 Coyotes," what is the man, which the author just happens upon, doing?
4. In "January 31," the author must deal with extreme cold weather as well as the return of _______.
5. The author finds a female _______________ near his cabin and follows her on her search for food.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)