|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "October 6 Cherry Hill Drive", the author drives to a clearing that has been logged ______________ before.
(a) Many years.
(b) A few decades.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) Many months.
2. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(a) Picking blackberries.
3. During the author's run, what does he notice?
(a) The leaves have begun to change color.
(b) Snow starting to fall.
(c) The first apple leaves starting to fall.
(d) Several deer in a field.
4. The author drives his son back to _____________ in "April 28."
(a) New York.
(b) New Hampshire.
5. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
2. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
3. In this section, whom does the farmer meet with at the cabin?
4. What does the author get from a farm for his ravens?
5. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)