|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One raven flies close to the author, circles away, and then comes back. At this point, what is the author wondering about?
(a) If the raven does not like him.
(b) If the raven is scared of him.
(c) If it is curious about him.
(d) If it is his friend Jack.
2. When the author goes for a walk in his snowshoes, what does he observe?
(a) The tracks of ravens.
(b) The tracks of deer.
(c) The tracks of many different animals.
(d) The tracks of bears.
3. In the section "Scents and Sounds," to what does the author listen?
(a) The sounds of the night.
(b) The sounds of the evening.
(c) The sounds of the morning.
(d) The sounds of the afternoon.
4. The author ponders about the first Native Americans who discovered __________.
(a) How to make maple syrup.
(b) How to catch squirrels.
(c) How to cook squirrel.
(d) How to hunt.
5. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
(a) The son.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The raven.
(d) The deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
2. In what chapter does it rain all day?
3. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
4. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
5. What kind of fish does the author consider the perch to be?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)