|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
2. Where are the students who arrive in "December 29 Winter Ecology" from?
(a) The author's university.
(b) All over Maine.
(c) All over the country.
(d) The author's high school.
3. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(b) Swarms of flies.
(d) Swarms of mosquitoes.
4. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) An Audubon Society.
(b) A Sierra Club.
(c) An Earth First.
(d) A Green.
5. Do they spot deer?
(a) Yes, many.
(b) Yes, but only one.
(d) Yes, but only a few.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author cooks mice for the students. How do they feel about eating mouse?
2. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
3. The author believes he may be wanted as __________ in "The Spiker."
4. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
5. The author stumbles upon _________ moose.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)