|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They grow faster and always flower.
(b) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(c) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
(d) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
2. Do they spot deer?
(a) Yes, many.
(b) Yes, but only a few.
(d) Yes, but only one.
3. In "December 21," the author discovers that a local squirrel has stashed __________ all along the path.
4. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
5. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
2. The author observes that single leaves __________ turn different colors.
3. In "December 4," the author decides to make the trip ________.
4. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
5. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)