|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
(b) A source of paper.
(c) A means of blocking the sun.
2. The author visits his son's school in __________________.
(a) "December 11."
(b) "December 8."
(c) "December 10."
(d) "December 9."
3. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
(a) The moon being an asteroid.
(b) The fission theory.
(c) The coalescing of gas and dust in the creation of the moon.
(d) A collision long ago.
4. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
(a) The Earth and the moon.
(b) The Earth and the rest of the solar system.
(c) The Earth and the stars.
(d) The Earth and the sun.
5. "October 3 The Annual Rendezvous" is about __________________.
(a) A dinner meeting the author holds every year for his colleagues.
(b) A party the author attends every year.
(c) A faculty meeting held for all college professors.
(d) A party that the author hosts up on the mountain every year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
2. One raven flies close to the author, circles away, and then comes back. At this point, what is the author wondering about?
3. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
4. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
5. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)