|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author also writes about the miniature plants left over from _________that make their homes close to the ground?
(a) A couple of centuries ago.
(b) Previous ice ages.
(c) The previous owner of the cabin.
(d) Previous generations of settlers.
2. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
3. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) A hammer.
(b) Some nails.
(c) Some scrap lumber.
(d) Some wood glue.
4. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(b) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
(c) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
(d) They grow faster and always flower.
5. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(b) Swarms of mosquitoes.
(d) Swarms of flies.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the author's run, what does he notice?
2. What does the author begin in "March 23"?
3. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
4. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
5. In "Excursions," what creatures are endangered because of high quantities of mercury and PCB in the water?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)