|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
2. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
(a) A deer.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A bear.
(d) A moose.
3. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
(a) The author's desire for sugar.
(b) The author's interest in squirrels.
(c) The author's daily routines and his daily runs.
(d) The author's maple syrup-making routine.
4. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
(a) The Earth and the rest of the solar system.
(b) The Earth and the stars.
(c) The Earth and the sun.
(d) The Earth and the moon.
5. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
(a) How the author is desperately in need of spring.
(b) How the woods is in need of spring's warmth.
(c) How plants and animals reproduce and die.
(d) How plants and animals cannot wait for spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author set out to do in "November 25 Connections"?
2. In "October 1 The Foliage," what happens for the first time?
3. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
4. For what sound does the author still listen intently?
5. When the deer looks at him, what does the author do?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)