|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
(a) They failed to fruit.
(b) They are very large and colorful.
(c) They died.
(d) They grew fruit.
2. How does the sample surprise the author?
(a) How many dangerous organisms live there.
(b) How dirty the water was.
(c) How much life is down there.
(d) How much pollution accompanied those organisms.
3. In "Cows," why does the author go into town?
(a) To see his son.
(b) To have a meal at the diner.
(c) To meet with friends.
(d) To buy supplies.
4. For what sound does the author still listen intently?
(a) The sparrow.
(b) The robin.
(c) The kinglet.
(d) The raven.
5. The author decides to make maple syrup with whom?
(a) His son.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His wife.
(d) His students.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
2. In "Excursions," the author and one of his students pull up samples of insects from ________.
3. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
4. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
5. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)