|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
(a) A source of paper.
(d) A means of blocking the sun.
2. Does the dear show fear?
(b) Yes, but very little.
(c) Yes, a great deal.
(d) Yes, a little.
3. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
4. In "January 20 Coyotes," what is the man, which the author just happens upon, doing?
(b) Chasing and killing coyotes with his dogs.
(c) Hunting deer.
(d) Trying to find his way home.
5. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
(a) The author's family.
(b) The land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
(c) A local cemetery.
(d) A favorite sledding hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
2. Eventually, what does Jack do?
3. In the section "Moss Watch," the author describes the various types of ________________ he can see around his cabin.
4. In the section "Flying Samaras and Consciousness," the author writes about the little rotary seeds of the ____________ tree known as samaras.
5. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)