|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might the squirrels be biting down into the bark?
(a) To drill a hole in the bark to make a nest.
(b) To allow the sap to escape.
(c) To eat the bark.
(d) To catch bugs in the bark.
2. The author is intrigued that the grubs don't seem affected by __________.
(a) His smell.
(b) His touching them.
(c) The extreme cold.
(d) Loud noises.
3. What happens when the author comes down from the tree and onto the ground?
(a) The deer runs away.
(b) The deer stays frozen.
(c) The deer comes to him.
(d) The deer walks away.
4. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
(a) A twin bed.
(b) A wood pile.
(c) A straw mattress.
(d) A blanket.
5. What does the author set out to do in "November 25 Connections"?
(a) Go turkey hunting.
(b) Go duck hunting.
(c) Go moose hunting.
(d) Go deer hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
2. Why does the author make a trip in "December 4"?
3. What does the author begin in "March 23"?
4. In "December 4," the author decides to make the trip ________.
5. How does Stuart feel about his father?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)