|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
(a) The Earth and the moon.
(b) The Earth and the rest of the solar system.
(c) The Earth and the stars.
(d) The Earth and the sun.
2. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
(a) They failed to fruit.
(b) They are very large and colorful.
(c) They died.
(d) They grew fruit.
3. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
4. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
(d) Bike ride.
5. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
(d) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author reflects in "October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars" that he is much like whom?
2. During the author's run, what does he notice?
3. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
4. After the author runs, how does he feel?
5. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)