|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
(a) He grows tired of the birds.
(b) He wakes very early for the dawn chorus.
(c) He records the songs of the birds.
(d) He sleeps in late.
2. When the deer looks at him, what does the author do?
(a) He drops an apple on her head.
(b) He stares at her.
(c) He runs.
(d) He calls to her.
3. What is the thing that surprises the author the most?
(a) Most of the birds have left.
(b) Most of the leaves have fallen off the ash tree.
(c) The vibrant colors of the fall leaves.
(d) He has adjusted to living in his cabin.
4. According to the farmer, how do most people use the dead calves?
(a) To bait coyotes.
(b) To feed ravens.
(c) To bait bears.
(d) To feed cattle.
5. At the end of the section, where is the author when he encounters a deer?
(a) Hiking the trails.
(b) Sitting outside his cabin.
(c) Up in his tree.
(d) Going for a run.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author do to the mice?
2. Why do the squirrels, in particular, fascinate the author?
3. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
4. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
5. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)