|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On December 9, the author returns to his cabin in the woods just in time for what event?
(a) A full lunar eclipse.
(b) The winter solstice.
(c) A partial lunar eclipse.
(d) A solar eclipse.
2. How does Stuart feel about his father?
(a) He is very embarrassed.
(b) He is very annoyed.
(c) He is very proud.
(d) He is very angry.
3. What does the author do to the mice?
(a) He names them.
(b) He exterminates them.
(c) He feeds them.
(d) He lures them outside.
4. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
(b) Tired and sore.
(d) Refreshed and energized.
5. When the author goes for a walk in his snowshoes, what does he observe?
(a) The tracks of many different animals.
(b) The tracks of deer.
(c) The tracks of bears.
(d) The tracks of ravens.
Short Answer Questions
1. During a ________, the author notices that most of the trees turn from green to yellow.
2. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
3. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
4. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
5. As the author cuts wood for the winter, he notices areas he cleared only a few years before are covered with __________.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)