|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
(a) His son.
(b) Earlier months of his stay in the cabin.
(c) His marriage.
(d) Earlier times in his childhood.
2. Why might the squirrels be biting down into the bark?
(a) To allow the sap to escape.
(b) To catch bugs in the bark.
(c) To eat the bark.
(d) To drill a hole in the bark to make a nest.
3. In "Excursions," what creatures are endangered because of high quantities of mercury and PCB in the water?
(a) Blue herons.
(b) Sea gulls.
(d) Bald eagles.
4. When little mice first start to join the author in his cabin, he thinks they are ___________.
5. In "Cows," why does the author go into town?
(a) To meet with friends.
(b) To buy supplies.
(c) To have a meal at the diner.
(d) To see his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
2. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
3. What does the author set out to do in "November 25 Connections"?
4. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
5. How does Stuart feel about his father?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)