|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though the author has not killed a deer or even fired a shot, why does he declare it a successful season?
(a) He liked being outside.
(b) He has observed all kinds of animals he may never have encountered if he was not hunting.
(c) He did not want to kill any deer.
(d) He enjoyed spending time with his nephew.
2. What does the author begin in "March 23"?
(a) The syrup-making operation.
(b) The sugar-making operation.
(c) The squirrel observations.
(d) The squirrel hunt.
3. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
(a) Poisonous sprays.
(b) Small explosions..
(c) Large chainsaws.
(d) Felling tools.
4. The author cooks mice for the students. How do they feel about eating mouse?
(a) They are disgusted by it.
(b) They enjoy it.
(c) They are annoyed by it.
(d) They are made ill by it.
5. The author decides to make maple syrup with whom?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author do to the mice?
2. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
3. In "December 4," the author decides to make the trip ________.
4. In "March 14 Storm" what is the author beginning to feel?
5. During the author's run, what does he notice?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)