|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs in "January 13"?
(a) The author's son comes to visit.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) The author comes face to face with a moose.
(d) A huge snow storm.
2. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
(a) The sun's power.
(b) The way the stars were created.
(c) The size of the sun versus other stars.
(d) The moon's orbit, rise, and set.
3. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
(a) The first frost has hit, killing all his remaining vegetables.
(b) His vegetables have all flowered.
(c) The animals have eaten his remaining vegetables.
(d) A black bear is outside the cabin.
4. What does the author begin in "March 23"?
(a) The squirrel observations.
(b) The sugar-making operation.
(c) The squirrel hunt.
(d) The syrup-making operation.
5. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
Short Answer Questions
1. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
2. What happens when the author comes down from the tree and onto the ground?
3. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
4. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
5. In "November 8-9 Jack?" the author observes a group of ravens that he has done what for?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)