|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
2. Though the weather is still cold in "March 16," the author can see the tracks and furrows of many animals. What does he search for as the sun comes out?
(a) Raven's nests.
(b) Bald eagle's nests.
(c) Kinglet's nests.
(d) Robin's nests.
3. According to the farmer, how do most people use the dead calves?
(a) To feed ravens.
(b) To feed cattle.
(c) To bait bears.
(d) To bait coyotes.
4. The author visits his son's school in __________________.
(a) "December 10."
(b) "December 8."
(c) "December 9."
(d) "December 11."
5. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
(a) The author's daughter Erica.
(b) The author's son Stuart and his daughter Erica.
(c) The author's wife.
(d) The author's son Stuart, his daughter Erica, and two friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the author's run, what does he notice?
2. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
3. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
4. "October 3 The Annual Rendezvous" is about __________________.
5. How does the author act with the townspeople?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)