|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the squirrels, in particular, fascinate the author?
(a) They are very loud.
(b) They are very mean.
(c) They are very curious.
(d) They try so hard to stay hidden.
2. The author reflects in "October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars" that he is much like whom?
(a) HIs father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
3. The author also writes about the miniature plants left over from _________that make their homes close to the ground?
(a) The previous owner of the cabin.
(b) Previous ice ages.
(c) A couple of centuries ago.
(d) Previous generations of settlers.
4. During the author's run, what does he notice?
(a) The first apple leaves starting to fall.
(b) Snow starting to fall.
(c) The leaves have begun to change color.
(d) Several deer in a field.
5. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes he may be wanted as __________ in "The Spiker."
2. After the author runs, how does he feel?
3. What occurs in "January 13"?
4. In "October 1 The Foliage," what happens for the first time?
5. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)