|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When little mice first start to join the author in his cabin, he thinks they are ___________.
2. What caused the animals in the region to change?
(a) The change in the landscape.
(b) The change in the food supply.
(c) The coming of man.
(d) The changing climate.
3. In "March 14 After the Storm," why does the author go into town again?
(a) To have breakfast at the diner.
(b) To buy supplies.
(c) To find dead cattle.
(d) To talk to his friends.
4. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
(a) The same as if no logging had ever taken place.
(b) Similar to how it looked before.
(c) Like a desert.
(d) Very different from what it has looked like before.
5. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
(a) The Earth and the moon.
(b) The Earth and the rest of the solar system.
(c) The Earth and the sun.
(d) The Earth and the stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
2. The author believes he may be wanted as __________ in "The Spiker."
3. In "January 31," the author must deal with extreme cold weather as well as the return of _______.
4. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
5. For what sound does the author still listen intently?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)