|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
(a) The author's desire for sugar.
(b) The author's daily routines and his daily runs.
(c) The author's maple syrup-making routine.
(d) The author's interest in squirrels.
2. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
(a) Teams of horses and oxen pull heavy loads for a large crowd of spectators.
(b) An artist paints his portrait.
(c) The horses compete in dressage.
(d) Chefs make several types of pies for the visitors to try.
3. In "October 1 The Foliage," what happens for the first time?
(a) The forest is quiet.
(b) The author becomes bored.
(c) The snow falls.
(d) It rains.
4. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last earthquake.
(b) The last meteor shower.
(c) The last tornado.
(d) The last glacier.
5. In "Excursions," the author and one of his students pull up samples of insects from ________.
(a) An old bird's nest.
(b) The mud.
(c) Below the ice in the stream.
(d) Near a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in town, for what does he find a lead?
2. The author decides to make maple syrup with whom?
3. What does the author set out to do in "November 25 Connections"?
4. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
5. Why did the author have an easy time seeing the tracks of various animals?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)