|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in town, for what does he find a lead?
(a) Some dead cattle.
(b) Food supplies.
2. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
3. In "January 31," the author must deal with extreme cold weather as well as the return of _______.
(a) The deer.
(b) The flies.
(c) The ravens.
(d) The mice.
4. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
(a) His stove is efficient at cooking food but inefficient at heating his cabin.
(b) He is very sore from chopping wood.
(c) The wood is filled with insects.
(d) He is still in need of more wood.
5. Though the weather is still cold in "March 16," the author can see the tracks and furrows of many animals. What does he search for as the sun comes out?
(a) Kinglet's nests.
(b) Bald eagle's nests.
(c) Robin's nests.
(d) Raven's nests.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
2. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
3. What occurs in "January 13"?
4. In "October 1 The Foliage," what happens for the first time?
5. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)