|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
(a) Adding onto his cabin.
(b) Building a barn.
(c) His winter fires.
(d) Building an outhouse.
2. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
(a) The deer.
(b) The raven.
(d) The moth.
3. The author visits his son's school in __________________.
(a) "December 9."
(b) "December 10."
(c) "December 11."
(d) "December 8."
4. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
(a) To make it suitable for agriculture.
(b) To make is suitable for living.
(c) To make room for more people to come.
(d) To be able to watch the sun rise and set.
5. In "December 4," the author decides to make the trip ________.
(a) Into town.
(b) To another cabin.
(c) Into the forest.
(d) Back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
2. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
3. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
4. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
5. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)