|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
(a) See for long distances and observe more of the natural world.
(b) Go skiing.
(c) Go deer hunting.
(d) Take a break from watching nature.
2. On the way back to the car, what does the author find?
(a) A deer and flies.
(b) A moose and many tiny spiders.
(c) Many mice.
(d) Animal tracks.
3. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
4. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(b) Frogs croaking.
(c) The sound of cars.
(d) The many different birdcalls.
5. Why does the author make a trip in "December 4"?
(a) To see his son, Stuart.
(b) To buy more supplies.
(c) To visit friends.
(d) He is bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the author runs, how does he feel?
2. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
3. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
4. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
5. In "January 31," the author must deal with extreme cold weather as well as the return of _______.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)