|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author decides to make maple syrup with whom?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His students.
2. In "Excursions," what creatures are endangered because of high quantities of mercury and PCB in the water?
(b) Blue herons.
(c) Bald eagles.
(d) Sea gulls.
3. The author ponders about the first Native Americans who discovered __________.
(a) How to make maple syrup.
(b) How to catch squirrels.
(c) How to cook squirrel.
(d) How to hunt.
4. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
(a) Cranberries and holly.
(b) Huckleberries and figs.
(c) Cranberries and figs.
(d) Huckleberries and holly.
5. After thinking about some bizarre encounters that he recently had with the logging company, what does the author decide?
(a) He wants to be an eco-terrorist.
(b) They must trust him.
(c) They must be watching him.
(d) The logging company is dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
2. In "October 1 The Foliage," what happens for the first time?
3. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
4. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
5. What does the author set out to do in "November 25 Connections"?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)