|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) A Sierra Club.
(b) An Earth First.
(c) An Audubon Society.
(d) A Green.
2. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
3. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
(a) Similar to how it looked before.
(b) The same as if no logging had ever taken place.
(c) Like a desert.
(d) Very different from what it has looked like before.
4. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
(a) Go skiing.
(b) Take a break from watching nature.
(c) Go deer hunting.
(d) See for long distances and observe more of the natural world.
5. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(d) Picking blackberries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
2. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
3. In "January 20 Coyotes," what is the man, which the author just happens upon, doing?
4. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
5. In "December 4," the author decides to make the trip ________.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)