|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
(a) The night sky.
(b) The stars.
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
2. Where are the students who arrive in "December 29 Winter Ecology" from?
(a) The author's high school.
(b) The author's university.
(c) All over Maine.
(d) All over the country.
3. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
(a) A collision long ago.
(b) The coalescing of gas and dust in the creation of the moon.
(c) The moon being an asteroid.
(d) The fission theory.
4. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) A hammer.
(b) Some wood glue.
(c) Some nails.
(d) Some scrap lumber.
5. What happens when the author comes down from the tree and onto the ground?
(a) The deer runs away.
(b) The deer walks away.
(c) The deer comes to him.
(d) The deer stays frozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author observes that single leaves __________ turn different colors.
2. After the author runs, how does he feel?
3. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
4. The author notes how perceptive the ravens are to _____________.
5. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)