|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
2. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(a) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six months.
3. The author notes how perceptive the ravens are to _____________.
4. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
(a) The stars.
(b) The night sky.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
5. In "January 31," the author must deal with extreme cold weather as well as the return of _______.
(a) The mice.
(b) The deer.
(c) The flies.
(d) The ravens.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
2. On what does the author base his conclusions?
3. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
4. In "January 6 A Discussion," what does the author notice that he might be a little odd for doing?
5. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)