|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way back to the car, what does the author find?
(a) Animal tracks.
(b) A moose and many tiny spiders.
(c) Many mice.
(d) A deer and flies.
2. The author reflects in "October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars" that he is much like whom?
(a) His wife.
(c) HIs father.
(d) His son.
3. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
4. The author spends Christmas with whom in "December 25"?
(a) The ravens.
(b) The squirrels.
(c) His family.
(d) His neighbors.
5. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
(b) Tired and sore.
(c) Refreshed and energized.
Short Answer Questions
1. On December 9, the author returns to his cabin in the woods just in time for what event?
2. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
3. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
4. In the section "Moss Watch," the author describes the various types of ________________ he can see around his cabin.
5. How does Stuart feel about his father?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)