|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the animals in the region to change?
(a) The change in the landscape.
(b) The change in the food supply.
(c) The coming of man.
(d) The changing climate.
2. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
(a) The Earth and the sun.
(b) The Earth and the moon.
(c) The Earth and the rest of the solar system.
(d) The Earth and the stars.
3. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
(a) Refreshed and energized.
(c) Tired and sore.
4. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
(a) The author's peculiar style of living in the cabin.
(b) The author's records of his experiences.
(c) The author's family.
(d) The author's chores.
5. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
2. What happens when the author comes down from the tree and onto the ground?
3. During the author's run, what does he notice?
4. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
5. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)