|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
(a) Their eggs hatch.
(b) Their nest is destroyed.
(c) Their baby birds are killed.
(d) They are injured while protecting their nest.
2. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
(a) The land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
(b) A local cemetery.
(c) A favorite sledding hill.
(d) The author's family.
3. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
(a) A more populated region.
(b) Those planted by man.
(c) A cooler climate.
(d) A warmer, temperate climate.
4. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) The raven.
(c) The son.
(d) The deer.
5. As the author cuts wood for the winter, he notices areas he cleared only a few years before are covered with __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "November 28 More Flies," how does the the author attempt to rid his cabin of flies?
2. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
3. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
4. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
5. The author spends Christmas with whom in "December 25"?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)