|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
(a) Similar to how it looked before.
(b) Very different from what it has looked like before.
(c) The same as if no logging had ever taken place.
(d) Like a desert.
2. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He attacks the author.
(b) He moves back home.
(c) He returns to school.
(d) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
3. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
4. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
(a) A cooler climate.
(b) A warmer, temperate climate.
(c) A more populated region.
(d) Those planted by man.
5. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A walkie-talkie.
(c) A telephone in his bedroom.
(d) A telephone in the neighbor's outhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does the author base his conclusions?
2. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
3. Why did the author have an easy time seeing the tracks of various animals?
4. The author notes how perceptive the ravens are to _____________.
5. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)