|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "January 31," the author must deal with extreme cold weather as well as the return of _______.
(a) The flies.
(b) The ravens.
(c) The deer.
(d) The mice.
2. How does the sample surprise the author?
(a) How dirty the water was.
(b) How many dangerous organisms live there.
(c) How much pollution accompanied those organisms.
(d) How much life is down there.
3. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
(a) The way the stars were created.
(b) The sun's power.
(c) The size of the sun versus other stars.
(d) The moon's orbit, rise, and set.
4. Why did the author have an easy time seeing the tracks of various animals?
(a) The ground was very muddy.
(b) He had binoculars.
(c) He was laying on the ground.
(d) A thick blanket of snow had fallen the night before.
5. After thinking about some bizarre encounters that he recently had with the logging company, what does the author decide?
(a) He wants to be an eco-terrorist.
(b) The logging company is dangerous.
(c) They must be watching him.
(d) They must trust him.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
2. "October 3 The Annual Rendezvous" is about __________________.
3. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
4. The author also writes about the miniature plants left over from _________that make their homes close to the ground?
5. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)