|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Excursions," what creatures are endangered because of high quantities of mercury and PCB in the water?
(a) Sea gulls.
(b) Bald eagles.
(c) Blue herons.
2. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
3. The author observes that single leaves __________ turn different colors.
(c) Do not.
4. What is the thing that surprises the author the most?
(a) Most of the leaves have fallen off the ash tree.
(b) The vibrant colors of the fall leaves.
(c) He has adjusted to living in his cabin.
(d) Most of the birds have left.
5. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
(a) The raven.
(b) The moth.
(d) The deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
2. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
3. How does the sample surprise the author?
4. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
5. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)