|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
(b) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
(c) They grow faster and always flower.
(d) They are larger than those in sunlight.
2. In "Excursions," what creatures are endangered because of high quantities of mercury and PCB in the water?
(a) Bald eagles.
(b) Sea gulls.
(d) Blue herons.
3. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
4. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
5. At the end of the section, where is the author when he encounters a deer?
(a) Hiking the trails.
(b) Going for a run.
(c) Up in his tree.
(d) Sitting outside his cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
2. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
3. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
4. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
5. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)