|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
(a) Refreshed and energized.
(b) Tired and sore.
2. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
(a) The ravens.
(b) The song and calls of the larks by his window.
(c) The different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
(d) The birds he has captured in a cage.
3. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
(a) His own father's collection of wasps.
(b) His son's collection of wasps.
(c) His own collection of wasps.
(d) The wasps by his cabin.
4. What occurs in "January 13"?
(a) The author's son comes to visit.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) The author comes face to face with a moose.
(d) A huge snow storm.
5. The author spends Christmas with whom in "December 25"?
(a) His family.
(b) His neighbors.
(c) The ravens.
(d) The squirrels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stuart win?
2. In "Excursions," the author and one of his students pull up samples of insects from ________.
3. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
4. The author visits his son's school in __________________.
5. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)