|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
(a) Their nest is destroyed.
(b) Their eggs hatch.
(c) They are injured while protecting their nest.
(d) Their baby birds are killed.
2. How does Stuart feel about his father?
(a) He is very proud.
(b) He is very embarrassed.
(c) He is very angry.
(d) He is very annoyed.
3. Even though the author has not killed a deer or even fired a shot, why does he declare it a successful season?
(a) He liked being outside.
(b) He did not want to kill any deer.
(c) He has observed all kinds of animals he may never have encountered if he was not hunting.
(d) He enjoyed spending time with his nephew.
4. On December 9, the author returns to his cabin in the woods just in time for what event?
(a) A solar eclipse.
(b) A full lunar eclipse.
(c) The winter solstice.
(d) A partial lunar eclipse.
5. The author spends Christmas with whom in "December 25"?
(a) His family.
(b) The ravens.
(c) His neighbors.
(d) The squirrels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the sample surprise the author?
2. The author observes that single leaves __________ turn different colors.
3. What holiday is "February 2"?
4. The author is intrigued that the grubs don't seem affected by __________.
5. In "October 1 The Foliage," what happens for the first time?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)