|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
(a) He wakes very early for the dawn chorus.
(b) He grows tired of the birds.
(c) He sleeps in late.
(d) He records the songs of the birds.
2. In "November 28 More Flies," how does the the author attempt to rid his cabin of flies?
(a) He steps on them.
(b) He hits them with a fly swatter.
(c) He sprays them with poison.
(d) He sucks them up in the dustbuster.
3. The author notes how perceptive the ravens are to _____________.
4. Do they spot deer?
(b) Yes, many.
(c) Yes, but only a few.
(d) Yes, but only one.
5. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
2. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
3. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
4. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
5. What caused the animals in the region to change?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)