|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
(a) The author's interest in squirrels.
(b) The author's maple syrup-making routine.
(c) The author's daily routines and his daily runs.
(d) The author's desire for sugar.
2. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) An Audubon Society.
(b) An Earth First.
(c) A Sierra Club.
(d) A Green.
3. Where are the students who arrive in "December 29 Winter Ecology" from?
(a) The author's university.
(b) All over the country.
(c) The author's high school.
(d) All over Maine.
4. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
5. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
(a) His own collection of wasps.
(b) His son's collection of wasps.
(c) The wasps by his cabin.
(d) His own father's collection of wasps.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
2. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
3. What happens when the author comes down from the tree and onto the ground?
4. Why do the squirrels, in particular, fascinate the author?
5. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)