|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
(a) The wood is filled with insects.
(b) His stove is efficient at cooking food but inefficient at heating his cabin.
(c) He is still in need of more wood.
(d) He is very sore from chopping wood.
2. In "January 20 Coyotes," what is the man, which the author just happens upon, doing?
(a) Chasing and killing coyotes with his dogs.
(c) Hunting deer.
(d) Trying to find his way home.
3. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
4. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
(a) Paul Kinnard.
(b) Perry Kennedy.
(c) Patrick Kearney.
(d) Peter Kinney.
5. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
(a) A favorite sledding hill.
(b) A local cemetery.
(c) The author's family.
(d) The land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
2. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
3. The author visits his son's school in __________________.
4. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
5. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)