|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When little mice first start to join the author in his cabin, he thinks they are ___________.
2. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
(a) How plants and animals cannot wait for spring.
(b) How the woods is in need of spring's warmth.
(c) How the author is desperately in need of spring.
(d) How plants and animals reproduce and die.
3. Where are the students who arrive in "December 29 Winter Ecology" from?
(a) All over Maine.
(b) The author's high school.
(c) The author's university.
(d) All over the country.
4. Though the pair is hunting on election day, the author observes what?
(a) He wonders who he would have voted for.
(b) He feels the need to vote.
(c) It really has no meaning to them, so removed from the real world.
(d) There are quite a few others out hunting instead of voting.
5. How does the sample surprise the author?
(a) How much life is down there.
(b) How dirty the water was.
(c) How many dangerous organisms live there.
(d) How much pollution accompanied those organisms.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
2. In "Excursions," the author and one of his students pull up samples of insects from ________.
3. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
4. What does the author set out to do in "November 25 Connections"?
5. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)