|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
2. Though the pair is hunting on election day, the author observes what?
(a) There are quite a few others out hunting instead of voting.
(b) It really has no meaning to them, so removed from the real world.
(c) He feels the need to vote.
(d) He wonders who he would have voted for.
3. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
(a) A collision long ago.
(b) The coalescing of gas and dust in the creation of the moon.
(c) The moon being an asteroid.
(d) The fission theory.
4. On the way back to the car, what does the author find?
(a) Animal tracks.
(b) A deer and flies.
(c) Many mice.
(d) A moose and many tiny spiders.
5. In the section "Scents and Sounds," to what does the author listen?
(a) The sounds of the night.
(b) The sounds of the evening.
(c) The sounds of the morning.
(d) The sounds of the afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the section, where is the author when he encounters a deer?
2. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
3. "October 3 The Annual Rendezvous" is about __________________.
4. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
5. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)