|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many days does the intensive class which the author teaches every winter at his cabin last?
2. Even though the author has not killed a deer or even fired a shot, why does he declare it a successful season?
(a) He enjoyed spending time with his nephew.
(b) He has observed all kinds of animals he may never have encountered if he was not hunting.
(c) He did not want to kill any deer.
(d) He liked being outside.
3. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
4. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
5. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A wood pile.
(c) A straw mattress.
(d) A twin bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the author runs, how does he feel?
2. What caused the animals in the region to change?
3. In the section "Scents and Sounds," to what does the author listen?
4. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
5. Why does the author make a trip in "December 4"?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)