|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes he may be wanted as __________ in "The Spiker."
(a) A thief.
(b) A terrorist.
(c) A mass murderer.
(d) An eco-terrorist.
2. In "December 4," the author decides to make the trip ________.
(a) Back home.
(b) Into town.
(c) To another cabin.
(d) Into the forest.
3. What holiday is "February 2"?
(a) Martin Luther King Day.
(b) Groundhog Day.
(c) Boxing Day.
(d) President's Day.
4. What is the thing that surprises the author the most?
(a) Most of the birds have left.
(b) The vibrant colors of the fall leaves.
(c) Most of the leaves have fallen off the ash tree.
(d) He has adjusted to living in his cabin.
5. The author reflects in "October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars" that he is much like whom?
(a) HIs father.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
2. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
3. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
4. The author also writes about the miniature plants left over from _________that make their homes close to the ground?
5. Why did the author have an easy time seeing the tracks of various animals?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)