|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stuart win?
(a) A horse.
(b) A pig.
(c) A painting.
(d) A pumpkin.
2. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
(a) Building a barn.
(b) Building an outhouse.
(c) His winter fires.
(d) Adding onto his cabin.
3. In the section "October 6 Cherry Hill Drive", the author drives to a clearing that has been logged ______________ before.
(a) Many months.
(b) Many years.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few decades.
4. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
5. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
(a) Take a break from watching nature.
(b) See for long distances and observe more of the natural world.
(c) Go skiing.
(d) Go deer hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author do to the mice?
2. The author spends Christmas with whom in "December 25"?
3. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
4. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
5. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)