|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though the author has not killed a deer or even fired a shot, why does he declare it a successful season?
(a) He liked being outside.
(b) He has observed all kinds of animals he may never have encountered if he was not hunting.
(c) He enjoyed spending time with his nephew.
(d) He did not want to kill any deer.
2. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(a) Swarms of flies.
(c) Swarms of mosquitoes.
3. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
4. What holiday is "February 2"?
(a) President's Day.
(b) Martin Luther King Day.
(c) Groundhog Day.
(d) Boxing Day.
5. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
(a) His vegetables have all flowered.
(b) The animals have eaten his remaining vegetables.
(c) The first frost has hit, killing all his remaining vegetables.
(d) A black bear is outside the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
2. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
3. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
4. When little mice first start to join the author in his cabin, he thinks they are ___________.
5. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)