|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
(a) The way the stars were created.
(b) The moon's orbit, rise, and set.
(c) The size of the sun versus other stars.
(d) The sun's power.
2. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
(a) Teams of horses and oxen pull heavy loads for a large crowd of spectators.
(b) The horses compete in dressage.
(c) An artist paints his portrait.
(d) Chefs make several types of pies for the visitors to try.
3. The author reflects in "October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars" that he is much like whom?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) HIs father.
4. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
(c) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
(d) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
5. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
(a) To make room for more people to come.
(b) To make it suitable for agriculture.
(c) To be able to watch the sun rise and set.
(d) To make is suitable for living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
2. For how many days does the intensive class which the author teaches every winter at his cabin last?
3. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
4. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
5. What does Stuart win?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)