|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "Moss Watch," the author describes the various types of ________________ he can see around his cabin.
(a) Mice and rats.
(b) Moss and lichen.
(c) Spiders and flies.
(d) Flowers and plants.
2. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
(a) The raven.
(b) The deer.
(c) The moth.
3. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His son.
(c) Earlier times in his childhood.
(d) Earlier months of his stay in the cabin.
4. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
(a) How plants and animals reproduce and die.
(b) How the woods is in need of spring's warmth.
(c) How the author is desperately in need of spring.
(d) How plants and animals cannot wait for spring.
5. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
(a) Bike ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
2. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
3. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
4. On what does the author base his conclusions?
5. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)