|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the animals in the region to change?
(a) The change in the landscape.
(b) The change in the food supply.
(c) The changing climate.
(d) The coming of man.
2. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
(a) How the woods is in need of spring's warmth.
(b) How plants and animals reproduce and die.
(c) How the author is desperately in need of spring.
(d) How plants and animals cannot wait for spring.
3. In the section "Scents and Sounds," to what does the author listen?
(a) The sounds of the morning.
(b) The sounds of the afternoon.
(c) The sounds of the evening.
(d) The sounds of the night.
4. Where are the students who arrive in "December 29 Winter Ecology" from?
(a) The author's university.
(b) The author's high school.
(c) All over the country.
(d) All over Maine.
5. In "December 4," the author decides to make the trip ________.
(a) Into town.
(b) To another cabin.
(c) Back home.
(d) Into the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the author's run, what does he notice?
2. Why does the author make a trip in "December 4"?
3. What occurs in "January 13"?
4. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
5. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)