|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the author cuts wood for the winter, he notices areas he cleared only a few years before are covered with __________.
2. In "January 31," the author must deal with extreme cold weather as well as the return of _______.
(a) The mice.
(b) The ravens.
(c) The deer.
(d) The flies.
3. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
(a) Brushing his teeth.
(d) Combing his hair.
4. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
(a) A deer.
(b) A bear.
(c) A moose.
(d) A cougar.
5. At the end of the section, where is the author when he encounters a deer?
(a) Sitting outside his cabin.
(b) Hiking the trails.
(c) Up in his tree.
(d) Going for a run.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
2. On the way back to the car, what does the author find?
3. In "November 28 More Flies," how does the the author attempt to rid his cabin of flies?
4. The author also writes about the miniature plants left over from _________that make their homes close to the ground?
5. In the section "Flying Samaras and Consciousness," the author writes about the little rotary seeds of the ____________ tree known as samaras.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)