|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
(a) Tired and sore.
(d) Refreshed and energized.
2. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
(a) The deer.
(b) The raven.
(c) The moth.
3. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
(a) Building an outhouse.
(b) Adding onto his cabin.
(c) His winter fires.
(d) Building a barn.
4. Why does the author make a trip in "December 4"?
(a) To buy more supplies.
(b) To see his son, Stuart.
(c) To visit friends.
(d) He is bored.
5. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
2. One raven flies close to the author, circles away, and then comes back. At this point, what is the author wondering about?
3. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
4. In "December 21," the author discovers that a local squirrel has stashed __________ all along the path.
5. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)