|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
(a) A cougar.
(b) A moose.
(c) A bear.
(d) A deer.
2. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
(a) A heavy rain and the animals who depend on that moisture.
(b) The author wandering in the woods.
(c) The animals that wander the forest.
(d) A powerful storm.
3. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
4. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
(a) The author's son Stuart and his daughter Erica.
(b) The author's daughter Erica.
(c) The author's wife.
(d) The author's son Stuart, his daughter Erica, and two friends.
5. "October 3 The Annual Rendezvous" is about __________________.
(a) A party the author attends every year.
(b) A dinner meeting the author holds every year for his colleagues.
(c) A party that the author hosts up on the mountain every year.
(d) A faculty meeting held for all college professors.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
2. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
3. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
4. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
5. During the author's run, what does he notice?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)