|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stuart win?
(a) A horse.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) A pig.
(d) A painting.
2. When little mice first start to join the author in his cabin, he thinks they are ___________.
3. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
(a) The Earth and the rest of the solar system.
(b) The Earth and the stars.
(c) The Earth and the sun.
(d) The Earth and the moon.
4. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
5. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "Flying Samaras and Consciousness," the author writes about the little rotary seeds of the ____________ tree known as samaras.
2. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
3. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
4. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
5. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)