|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(d) Six months.
2. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
(a) His own father's collection of wasps.
(b) His own collection of wasps.
(c) The wasps by his cabin.
(d) His son's collection of wasps.
3. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
(a) The author's son Stuart, his daughter Erica, and two friends.
(b) The author's wife.
(c) The author's son Stuart and his daughter Erica.
(d) The author's daughter Erica.
4. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
(a) The author's records of his experiences.
(b) The author's chores.
(c) The author's peculiar style of living in the cabin.
(d) The author's family.
5. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last glacier.
(b) The last earthquake.
(c) The last tornado.
(d) The last meteor shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
2. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
3. Eventually, what does Jack do?
4. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
5. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)