|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
2. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
(a) The night sky.
(b) The stars.
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
3. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
(a) The author's son Stuart, his daughter Erica, and two friends.
(b) The author's daughter Erica.
(c) The author's son Stuart and his daughter Erica.
(d) The author's wife.
4. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
(b) Brushing his teeth.
(c) Combing his hair.
5. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
(a) Very different from what it has looked like before.
(b) Like a desert.
(c) Similar to how it looked before.
(d) The same as if no logging had ever taken place.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
2. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
3. What does Stuart win?
4. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
5. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)