|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
2. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
(a) He is still in need of more wood.
(b) He is very sore from chopping wood.
(c) The wood is filled with insects.
(d) His stove is efficient at cooking food but inefficient at heating his cabin.
3. What caused the animals in the region to change?
(a) The change in the landscape.
(b) The coming of man.
(c) The change in the food supply.
(d) The changing climate.
4. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
(a) The author's maple syrup-making routine.
(b) The author's daily routines and his daily runs.
(c) The author's interest in squirrels.
(d) The author's desire for sugar.
5. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(b) He moves back home.
(c) He attacks the author.
(d) He returns to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
2. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
3. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
4. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
5. In "November 8-9 Jack?" the author observes a group of ravens that he has done what for?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)