|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
(a) The Earth and the sun.
(b) The Earth and the rest of the solar system.
(c) The Earth and the moon.
(d) The Earth and the stars.
2. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
3. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
(a) The wood is filled with insects.
(b) His stove is efficient at cooking food but inefficient at heating his cabin.
(c) He is still in need of more wood.
(d) He is very sore from chopping wood.
4. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
(a) Go deer hunting.
(b) Go skiing.
(c) See for long distances and observe more of the natural world.
(d) Take a break from watching nature.
5. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
(a) A powerful storm.
(b) A heavy rain and the animals who depend on that moisture.
(c) The author wandering in the woods.
(d) The animals that wander the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
2. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
3. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
4. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
5. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)