|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
2. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(c) Picking blackberries.
3. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
(a) The moon being an asteroid.
(b) A collision long ago.
(c) The coalescing of gas and dust in the creation of the moon.
(d) The fission theory.
4. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
(a) Cranberries and holly.
(b) Huckleberries and holly.
(c) Cranberries and figs.
(d) Huckleberries and figs.
5. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
(d) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
2. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
3. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
4. Do they spot deer?
5. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)