|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
(a) Cranberries and figs.
(b) Cranberries and holly.
(c) Huckleberries and holly.
(d) Huckleberries and figs.
2. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
(a) To make it suitable for agriculture.
(b) To make room for more people to come.
(c) To be able to watch the sun rise and set.
(d) To make is suitable for living.
3. On what does the author base his conclusions?
(a) On previously discovered scientific evidence.
(b) On his experiments.
(c) On his observations.
(d) On his assumptions.
4. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
(a) A local cemetery.
(b) The land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
(c) A favorite sledding hill.
(d) The author's family.
5. "October 3 The Annual Rendezvous" is about __________________.
(a) A party that the author hosts up on the mountain every year.
(b) A party the author attends every year.
(c) A faculty meeting held for all college professors.
(d) A dinner meeting the author holds every year for his colleagues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
2. Do they spot deer?
3. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
4. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
5. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)