|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
(a) The author's outhouse.
(b) The author's yard.
(c) The author's barn.
(d) The author's house.
2. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
(a) They grew fruit.
(b) They failed to fruit.
(c) They died.
(d) They are very large and colorful.
3. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
(a) The birds he has captured in a cage.
(b) The song and calls of the larks by his window.
(c) The different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
(d) The ravens.
4. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
(a) The author's desire for sugar.
(b) The author's maple syrup-making routine.
(c) The author's interest in squirrels.
(d) The author's daily routines and his daily runs.
5. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He moves back home.
(b) He attacks the author.
(c) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(d) He returns to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
2. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
3. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
4. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
5. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)