|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(a) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
2. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
(a) A warmer, temperate climate.
(b) Those planted by man.
(c) A cooler climate.
(d) A more populated region.
3. In the section "Scents and Sounds," to what does the author listen?
(a) The sounds of the evening.
(b) The sounds of the morning.
(c) The sounds of the afternoon.
(d) The sounds of the night.
4. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A walkie-talkie.
(c) A telephone in the neighbor's outhouse.
(d) A telephone in his bedroom.
5. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
(b) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
2. "October 3 The Annual Rendezvous" is about __________________.
3. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
4. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
5. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)