|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stuart win?
(a) A pig.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) A horse.
(d) A painting.
2. In "November 8-9 Jack?" the author observes a group of ravens that he has done what for?
(a) Set out food.
(b) Built a nest.
(c) Talked to.
3. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
4. Why do the squirrels, in particular, fascinate the author?
(a) They are very mean.
(b) They are very loud.
(c) They are very curious.
(d) They try so hard to stay hidden.
5. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) A Sierra Club.
(b) A Green.
(c) An Earth First.
(d) An Audubon Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does the author base his conclusions?
2. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
3. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
4. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
5. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)