|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
(a) The animals have eaten his remaining vegetables.
(b) A black bear is outside the cabin.
(c) His vegetables have all flowered.
(d) The first frost has hit, killing all his remaining vegetables.
2. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
(a) The fission theory.
(b) The coalescing of gas and dust in the creation of the moon.
(c) A collision long ago.
(d) The moon being an asteroid.
3. As the author cuts wood for the winter, he notices areas he cleared only a few years before are covered with __________.
4. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(a) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
5. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
(a) The night sky.
(b) The sun.
(c) The stars.
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
2. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
3. During the author's run, what does he notice?
4. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
5. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)