|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "October 6 Cherry Hill Drive", the author drives to a clearing that has been logged ______________ before.
(a) A few decades.
(b) Many months.
(c) Many years.
(d) A few weeks.
2. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
(a) The first frost has hit, killing all his remaining vegetables.
(b) A black bear is outside the cabin.
(c) The animals have eaten his remaining vegetables.
(d) His vegetables have all flowered.
3. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
(a) The author's outhouse.
(b) The author's yard.
(c) The author's barn.
(d) The author's house.
4. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(a) The many different birdcalls.
(c) Frogs croaking.
(d) The sound of cars.
5. On what does the author base his conclusions?
(a) On his assumptions.
(b) On his observations.
(c) On his experiments.
(d) On previously discovered scientific evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
2. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
3. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
4. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
5. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)