|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(b) They grow faster and always flower.
(c) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
(d) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
2. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
3. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
(a) The moon being an asteroid.
(b) The coalescing of gas and dust in the creation of the moon.
(c) The fission theory.
(d) A collision long ago.
4. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He attacks the author.
(b) He returns to school.
(c) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(d) He moves back home.
5. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
(a) He records the songs of the birds.
(b) He grows tired of the birds.
(c) He wakes very early for the dawn chorus.
(d) He sleeps in late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
2. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
3. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
4. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
5. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)