|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last glacier.
(b) The last earthquake.
(c) The last meteor shower.
(d) The last tornado.
2. One raven flies close to the author, circles away, and then comes back. At this point, what is the author wondering about?
(a) If the raven is scared of him.
(b) If the raven does not like him.
(c) If it is curious about him.
(d) If it is his friend Jack.
3. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
(a) The state fair.
(b) The farmer's market.
(c) The county fair.
(d) The art fair.
4. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
(a) The fission theory.
(b) A collision long ago.
(c) The coalescing of gas and dust in the creation of the moon.
(d) The moon being an asteroid.
5. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(a) Swarms of flies.
(d) Swarms of mosquitoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
2. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
3. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
4. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
5. In the section "Scents and Sounds," to what does the author listen?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)