|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
(a) Earlier months of his stay in the cabin.
(b) Earlier times in his childhood.
(c) His son.
(d) His marriage.
2. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
(a) The author's house.
(b) The author's barn.
(c) The author's yard.
(d) The author's outhouse.
3. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(b) Picking blackberries.
4. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
5. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
(a) Paul Kinnard.
(b) Patrick Kearney.
(c) Peter Kinney.
(d) Perry Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
2. In "November 8-9 Jack?" the author observes a group of ravens that he has done what for?
3. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
4. Do they spot deer?
5. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)