|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(a) The sound of cars.
(b) The many different birdcalls.
(c) Frogs croaking.
2. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) An Audubon Society.
(b) A Sierra Club.
(c) A Green.
(d) An Earth First.
3. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
(a) The deer.
(c) The raven.
(d) The moth.
4. Do they spot deer?
(a) Yes, many.
(b) Yes, but only one.
(c) Yes, but only a few.
5. During a ________, the author notices that most of the trees turn from green to yellow.
(b) Bike ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
2. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
3. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
4. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
5. The author observes that single leaves __________ turn different colors.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)