|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
2. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
(a) Paul Kinnard.
(b) Perry Kennedy.
(c) Peter Kinney.
(d) Patrick Kearney.
3. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
(b) Bike ride.
4. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
(a) The author's family.
(b) A local cemetery.
(c) A favorite sledding hill.
(d) The land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
5. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(b) Swarms of mosquitoes.
(c) Swarms of flies.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
2. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
3. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
4. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
5. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)