|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) Some nails.
(b) Some scrap lumber.
(c) Some wood glue.
(d) A hammer.
2. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
(a) To make is suitable for living.
(b) To be able to watch the sun rise and set.
(c) To make room for more people to come.
(d) To make it suitable for agriculture.
3. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
(b) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(c) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
(d) They grow faster and always flower.
4. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He attacks the author.
(b) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(c) He returns to school.
(d) He moves back home.
5. In the section "Flying Samaras and Consciousness," the author writes about the little rotary seeds of the ____________ tree known as samaras.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
2. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
3. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
4. In "October 1 The Foliage," what happens for the first time?
5. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)