|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
(a) A black bear is outside the cabin.
(b) His vegetables have all flowered.
(c) The first frost has hit, killing all his remaining vegetables.
(d) The animals have eaten his remaining vegetables.
2. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
(a) He grows tired of the birds.
(b) He records the songs of the birds.
(c) He sleeps in late.
(d) He wakes very early for the dawn chorus.
3. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
4. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A telephone in the neighbor's outhouse.
(c) A telephone in his bedroom.
(d) A walkie-talkie.
5. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(b) Picking blackberries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
2. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
3. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
4. What is the thing that surprises the author the most?
5. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)