|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
(a) The author's barn.
(b) The author's yard.
(c) The author's outhouse.
(d) The author's house.
2. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(a) Six months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
3. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
(a) Similar to how it looked before.
(b) Very different from what it has looked like before.
(c) Like a desert.
(d) The same as if no logging had ever taken place.
4. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
5. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
(a) Huckleberries and holly.
(b) Cranberries and holly.
(c) Huckleberries and figs.
(d) Cranberries and figs.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
2. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
3. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
4. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
5. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)