|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
2. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
(a) The author's yard.
(b) The author's outhouse.
(c) The author's house.
(d) The author's barn.
3. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
(a) His marriage.
(b) Earlier times in his childhood.
(c) His son.
(d) Earlier months of his stay in the cabin.
4. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
5. The author observes that single leaves __________ turn different colors.
(c) Do not.
Short Answer Questions
1. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
2. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
3. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
4. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
5. During a ________, the author notices that most of the trees turn from green to yellow.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)