|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "October 6 Cherry Hill Drive", the author drives to a clearing that has been logged ______________ before.
(a) Many months.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few decades.
(d) Many years.
2. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A straw mattress.
(c) A twin bed.
(d) A wood pile.
3. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
(a) They died.
(b) They grew fruit.
(c) They failed to fruit.
(d) They are very large and colorful.
4. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) A hammer.
(b) Some scrap lumber.
(c) Some wood glue.
(d) Some nails.
5. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(a) The sound of cars.
(c) The many different birdcalls.
(d) Frogs croaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author do to the mice?
2. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
3. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
4. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
5. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)