|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the author cuts wood for the winter, he notices areas he cleared only a few years before are covered with __________.
2. What does Stuart win?
(a) A horse.
(b) A pig.
(c) A painting.
(d) A pumpkin.
3. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
4. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
5. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
(a) To make room for more people to come.
(b) To make is suitable for living.
(c) To be able to watch the sun rise and set.
(d) To make it suitable for agriculture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
2. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
3. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
4. When little mice first start to join the author in his cabin, he thinks they are ___________.
5. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)