|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He attacks the author.
(b) He moves back home.
(c) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(d) He returns to school.
2. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
(d) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
3. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
(a) To be able to watch the sun rise and set.
(b) To make is suitable for living.
(c) To make it suitable for agriculture.
(d) To make room for more people to come.
4. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
5. The author observes that single leaves __________ turn different colors.
(c) Do not.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
2. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
3. During a ________, the author notices that most of the trees turn from green to yellow.
4. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
5. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)