|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
(a) The author's peculiar style of living in the cabin.
(b) The author's family.
(c) The author's chores.
(d) The author's records of his experiences.
2. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
(a) The different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
(b) The ravens.
(c) The song and calls of the larks by his window.
(d) The birds he has captured in a cage.
3. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(a) Five years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
4. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
(a) To make it suitable for agriculture.
(b) To make is suitable for living.
(c) To be able to watch the sun rise and set.
(d) To make room for more people to come.
5. During a ________, the author notices that most of the trees turn from green to yellow.
(d) Bike ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
2. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
3. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
4. As the author cuts wood for the winter, he notices areas he cleared only a few years before are covered with __________.
5. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)