|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
(a) The author's records of his experiences.
(b) The author's chores.
(c) The author's peculiar style of living in the cabin.
(d) The author's family.
2. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) A red spruce tree.
(b) The loft of the barn.
(c) A hot air balloon.
(d) A poplar tree.
3. What caused the animals in the region to change?
(a) The change in the food supply.
(b) The change in the landscape.
(c) The changing climate.
(d) The coming of man.
4. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
(a) Tired and sore.
(b) Refreshed and energized.
5. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
2. "October 3 The Annual Rendezvous" is about __________________.
3. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
4. After the author runs, how does he feel?
5. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)