|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
2. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(a) Swarms of flies.
(d) Swarms of mosquitoes.
3. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(b) He moves back home.
(c) He returns to school.
(d) He attacks the author.
4. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
(a) The different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
(b) The birds he has captured in a cage.
(c) The song and calls of the larks by his window.
(d) The ravens.
5. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "October 1 The Foliage," what happens for the first time?
2. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
3. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
4. What is the thing that surprises the author the most?
5. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)