|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stuart win?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A painting.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pig.
2. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) A red spruce tree.
(b) The loft of the barn.
(c) A hot air balloon.
(d) A poplar tree.
3. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
(a) The birds he has captured in a cage.
(b) The song and calls of the larks by his window.
(c) The ravens.
(d) The different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
4. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(b) The many different birdcalls.
(c) The sound of cars.
(d) Frogs croaking.
5. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
Short Answer Questions
1. "October 3 The Annual Rendezvous" is about __________________.
2. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
3. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
4. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
5. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)