|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
2. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
(a) A moose.
(b) A bear.
(c) A deer.
(d) A cougar.
3. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last meteor shower.
(b) The last glacier.
(c) The last tornado.
(d) The last earthquake.
4. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
5. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
(a) To make it more attractive.
(b) To winterize it.
(c) To keep the animals out.
(d) To help keep it dry.
Short Answer Questions
1. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
2. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
3. During a ________, the author notices that most of the trees turn from green to yellow.
4. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
5. In the section "October 6 Cherry Hill Drive", the author drives to a clearing that has been logged ______________ before.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)