|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
(a) Small explosions..
(b) Poisonous sprays.
(c) Large chainsaws.
(d) Felling tools.
2. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
(a) The son.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The deer.
(d) The raven.
3. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
(a) Building a barn.
(b) Adding onto his cabin.
(c) Building an outhouse.
(d) His winter fires.
4. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
(a) Patrick Kearney.
(b) Perry Kennedy.
(c) Peter Kinney.
(d) Paul Kinnard.
5. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "Flying Samaras and Consciousness," the author writes about the little rotary seeds of the ____________ tree known as samaras.
2. As the author cuts wood for the winter, he notices areas he cleared only a few years before are covered with __________.
3. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
4. During the author's run, what does he notice?
5. What is the thing that surprises the author the most?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)