|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
(a) The author's daughter Erica.
(b) The author's son Stuart, his daughter Erica, and two friends.
(c) The author's son Stuart and his daughter Erica.
(d) The author's wife.
2. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(b) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
(c) They grow faster and always flower.
(d) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
3. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
4. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
(b) Tired and sore.
(d) Refreshed and energized.
5. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
(a) The county fair.
(b) The state fair.
(c) The farmer's market.
(d) The art fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
2. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
3. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
4. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
5. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)