|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
2. During a ________, the author notices that most of the trees turn from green to yellow.
(b) Bike ride.
3. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
(a) They failed to fruit.
(b) They grew fruit.
(c) They died.
(d) They are very large and colorful.
4. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last meteor shower.
(b) The last earthquake.
(c) The last tornado.
(d) The last glacier.
5. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
2. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
3. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
4. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
5. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)