|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
2. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) A Sierra Club.
(b) A Green.
(c) An Earth First.
(d) An Audubon Society.
3. In the section "October 6 Cherry Hill Drive", the author drives to a clearing that has been logged ______________ before.
(a) A few weeks.
(b) Many months.
(c) A few decades.
(d) Many years.
4. During the author's run, what does he notice?
(a) Snow starting to fall.
(b) Several deer in a field.
(c) The first apple leaves starting to fall.
(d) The leaves have begun to change color.
5. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
(a) The author's outhouse.
(b) The author's house.
(c) The author's yard.
(d) The author's barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
2. What caused the animals in the region to change?
3. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
4. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
5. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)