|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
(a) The author's peculiar style of living in the cabin.
(b) The author's family.
(c) The author's records of his experiences.
(d) The author's chores.
2. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
(a) A bear.
(b) A deer.
(c) A moose.
(d) A cougar.
3. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
(a) The author's relationship with a young deer.
(b) The author's relationship with his neighbor.
(c) The author's relationship with his son.
(d) The author's relationship with the raven he captured when it was a baby.
4. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
(a) Tired and sore.
(c) Refreshed and energized.
5. After the author runs, how does he feel?
(a) Relaxed and content.
(d) Tired and sore.
Short Answer Questions
1. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
2. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
3. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
4. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
5. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)