|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
2. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
(a) A twin bed.
(b) A wood pile.
(c) A straw mattress.
(d) A blanket.
3. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) A Sierra Club.
(b) An Earth First.
(c) An Audubon Society.
(d) A Green.
4. In the section "October 6 Cherry Hill Drive", the author drives to a clearing that has been logged ______________ before.
(a) Many years.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) Many months.
(d) A few decades.
5. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
(a) The deer.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The raven.
(d) The son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
2. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
3. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
4. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
5. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)