|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
2. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
(a) A moose.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A deer.
(d) A bear.
3. What does the author do to the mice?
(a) He feeds them.
(b) He names them.
(c) He exterminates them.
(d) He lures them outside.
4. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) Some wood glue.
(b) Some nails.
(c) A hammer.
(d) Some scrap lumber.
5. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(a) Frogs croaking.
(c) The many different birdcalls.
(d) The sound of cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
2. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
3. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
4. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
5. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)