|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
(a) The author's family.
(b) The author's chores.
(c) The author's peculiar style of living in the cabin.
(d) The author's records of his experiences.
2. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
(a) The animals have eaten his remaining vegetables.
(b) A black bear is outside the cabin.
(c) His vegetables have all flowered.
(d) The first frost has hit, killing all his remaining vegetables.
3. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
(a) Earlier times in his childhood.
(b) His son.
(c) Earlier months of his stay in the cabin.
(d) His marriage.
4. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six months.
5. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
(a) The deer.
(c) The raven.
(d) The moth.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
2. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
3. What caused the animals in the region to change?
4. What is the thing that surprises the author the most?
5. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)