|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author observes that single leaves __________ turn different colors.
(a) Do not.
2. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
(a) To be able to watch the sun rise and set.
(b) To make is suitable for living.
(c) To make it suitable for agriculture.
(d) To make room for more people to come.
3. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
(a) They are injured while protecting their nest.
(b) Their nest is destroyed.
(c) Their baby birds are killed.
(d) Their eggs hatch.
4. What does Stuart win?
(a) A horse.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) A pig.
(d) A painting.
5. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
(a) The author's family.
(b) The author's records of his experiences.
(c) The author's peculiar style of living in the cabin.
(d) The author's chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
2. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
3. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
4. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
5. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)