|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) The loft of the barn.
(b) A hot air balloon.
(c) A red spruce tree.
(d) A poplar tree.
2. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
3. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
4. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
5. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) Some wood glue.
(b) Some nails.
(c) A hammer.
(d) Some scrap lumber.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
2. During the author's run, what does he notice?
3. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
4. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
5. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)