|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
(a) The author's yard.
(b) The author's outhouse.
(c) The author's house.
(d) The author's barn.
2. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(a) Picking blackberries.
3. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
4. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(c) Swarms of mosquitoes.
(d) Swarms of flies.
5. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
(a) The song and calls of the larks by his window.
(b) The birds he has captured in a cage.
(c) The ravens.
(d) The different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
2. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
3. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
4. After the author runs, how does he feel?
5. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)