|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They grow faster and always flower.
(b) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
(c) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(d) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
2. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
(a) A deer.
(b) A moose.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A bear.
3. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
(b) Tired and sore.
(d) Refreshed and energized.
4. During a ________, the author notices that most of the trees turn from green to yellow.
(a) Bike ride.
5. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
2. In the section "Flying Samaras and Consciousness," the author writes about the little rotary seeds of the ____________ tree known as samaras.
3. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
4. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
5. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)