|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
2. In the section "October 6 Cherry Hill Drive", the author drives to a clearing that has been logged ______________ before.
(a) Many months.
(b) Many years.
(c) A few decades.
(d) A few weeks.
3. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
4. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
5. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
(a) The author's daughter Erica.
(b) The author's son Stuart, his daughter Erica, and two friends.
(c) The author's son Stuart and his daughter Erica.
(d) The author's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
2. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
3. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
4. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
5. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)