|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
(a) The wasps by his cabin.
(b) His own father's collection of wasps.
(c) His own collection of wasps.
(d) His son's collection of wasps.
2. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
3. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
4. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(b) Frogs croaking.
(c) The many different birdcalls.
(d) The sound of cars.
5. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
2. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
3. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
4. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
5. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)