|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
(a) Teams of horses and oxen pull heavy loads for a large crowd of spectators.
(b) The horses compete in dressage.
(c) Chefs make several types of pies for the visitors to try.
(d) An artist paints his portrait.
2. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
3. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) Some wood glue.
(b) A hammer.
(c) Some nails.
(d) Some scrap lumber.
4. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
(a) The author's family.
(b) A favorite sledding hill.
(c) The land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
(d) A local cemetery.
5. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
2. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
3. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
4. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
5. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)