|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
(a) The author wandering in the woods.
(b) The animals that wander the forest.
(c) A powerful storm.
(d) A heavy rain and the animals who depend on that moisture.
2. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
3. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
4. During the author's run, what does he notice?
(a) The first apple leaves starting to fall.
(b) Snow starting to fall.
(c) Several deer in a field.
(d) The leaves have begun to change color.
5. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
(b) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
(c) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
(d) Writing poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
2. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
3. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
4. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
5. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)