|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
(a) A cooler climate.
(b) Those planted by man.
(c) A more populated region.
(d) A warmer, temperate climate.
2. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last glacier.
(b) The last earthquake.
(c) The last tornado.
(d) The last meteor shower.
3. What does Stuart win?
(a) A painting.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pig.
4. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) Some scrap lumber.
(b) Some nails.
(c) Some wood glue.
(d) A hammer.
5. What caused the animals in the region to change?
(a) The changing climate.
(b) The coming of man.
(c) The change in the food supply.
(d) The change in the landscape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
2. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
3. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
4. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
5. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)