|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
2. During the author's run, what does he notice?
(a) The leaves have begun to change color.
(b) The first apple leaves starting to fall.
(c) Several deer in a field.
(d) Snow starting to fall.
3. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
4. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
(a) An artist paints his portrait.
(b) Chefs make several types of pies for the visitors to try.
(c) Teams of horses and oxen pull heavy loads for a large crowd of spectators.
(d) The horses compete in dressage.
5. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
(a) How plants and animals cannot wait for spring.
(b) How plants and animals reproduce and die.
(c) How the woods is in need of spring's warmth.
(d) How the author is desperately in need of spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
2. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
3. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
4. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
5. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)