|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last earthquake.
(b) The last meteor shower.
(c) The last glacier.
(d) The last tornado.
2. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
(a) His own collection of wasps.
(b) His own father's collection of wasps.
(c) His son's collection of wasps.
(d) The wasps by his cabin.
3. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
4. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) A hammer.
(b) Some scrap lumber.
(c) Some wood glue.
(d) Some nails.
5. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
(a) A warmer, temperate climate.
(b) Those planted by man.
(c) A cooler climate.
(d) A more populated region.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
2. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
3. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
4. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
5. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)