|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the author runs, how does he feel?
(a) Relaxed and content.
(d) Tired and sore.
2. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
(a) Poisonous sprays.
(b) Small explosions..
(c) Felling tools.
(d) Large chainsaws.
3. During the author's run, what does he notice?
(a) The first apple leaves starting to fall.
(b) Snow starting to fall.
(c) The leaves have begun to change color.
(d) Several deer in a field.
4. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
5. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
(d) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
2. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
3. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
4. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
5. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)