|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(a) Swarms of mosquitoes.
(b) Swarms of flies.
2. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(b) Picking blackberries.
3. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
4. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) A poplar tree.
(b) A hot air balloon.
(c) A red spruce tree.
(d) The loft of the barn.
5. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
2. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
3. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
4. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
5. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)