|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
2. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
(a) A favorite sledding hill.
(b) The author's family.
(c) The land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
(d) A local cemetery.
3. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(b) He moves back home.
(c) He returns to school.
(d) He attacks the author.
4. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
(a) Adding onto his cabin.
(b) Building an outhouse.
(c) His winter fires.
(d) Building a barn.
5. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
2. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
3. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
4. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
5. What does Stuart win?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)