|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) A Sierra Club.
(b) An Earth First.
(c) An Audubon Society.
(d) A Green.
2. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
(b) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
(c) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
(d) Writing poetry.
3. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(b) Picking blackberries.
4. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
(a) He wakes very early for the dawn chorus.
(b) He sleeps in late.
(c) He grows tired of the birds.
(d) He records the songs of the birds.
5. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) Some wood glue.
(b) Some scrap lumber.
(c) A hammer.
(d) Some nails.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
2. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
3. After the author runs, how does he feel?
4. Eventually, what does Jack do?
5. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)