|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) A Sierra Club.
(b) An Audubon Society.
(c) A Green.
(d) An Earth First.
2. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
3. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
(a) The art fair.
(b) The state fair.
(c) The county fair.
(d) The farmer's market.
4. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
(a) The author's son Stuart and his daughter Erica.
(b) The author's son Stuart, his daughter Erica, and two friends.
(c) The author's daughter Erica.
(d) The author's wife.
5. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last earthquake.
(b) The last meteor shower.
(c) The last tornado.
(d) The last glacier.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
2. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
3. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
4. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
5. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)