|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last meteor shower.
(b) The last tornado.
(c) The last earthquake.
(d) The last glacier.
2. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They grow faster and always flower.
(b) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(c) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
(d) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
3. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) An Earth First.
(b) A Sierra Club.
(c) A Green.
(d) An Audubon Society.
4. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
(a) The state fair.
(b) The farmer's market.
(c) The county fair.
(d) The art fair.
5. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
(a) To make room for more people to come.
(b) To make it suitable for agriculture.
(c) To be able to watch the sun rise and set.
(d) To make is suitable for living.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
2. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
3. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
4. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
5. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)