|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He returns to school.
(b) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(c) He moves back home.
(d) He attacks the author.
2. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
3. During the author's run, what does he notice?
(a) The first apple leaves starting to fall.
(b) The leaves have begun to change color.
(c) Several deer in a field.
(d) Snow starting to fall.
4. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last meteor shower.
(b) The last glacier.
(c) The last earthquake.
(d) The last tornado.
5. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
2. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
3. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
4. What does Stuart win?
5. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)