|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
(a) To keep the animals out.
(b) To help keep it dry.
(c) To winterize it.
(d) To make it more attractive.
2. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
3. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
4. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(a) The sound of cars.
(b) The many different birdcalls.
(d) Frogs croaking.
5. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
2. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
3. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
4. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
5. After the author runs, how does he feel?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)