|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) A poplar tree.
(b) The loft of the barn.
(c) A hot air balloon.
(d) A red spruce tree.
2. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(a) The many different birdcalls.
(b) Frogs croaking.
(c) The sound of cars.
3. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
4. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
5. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
(a) The son.
(b) The deer.
(c) The raven.
(d) The neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
2. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
3. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
4. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
5. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)