|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
(a) The author's daughter Erica.
(b) The author's son Stuart, his daughter Erica, and two friends.
(c) The author's son Stuart and his daughter Erica.
(d) The author's wife.
2. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
3. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
(a) The animals that wander the forest.
(b) The author wandering in the woods.
(c) A heavy rain and the animals who depend on that moisture.
(d) A powerful storm.
4. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
(a) His son's home in Vermont.
(b) His cabin deep in the woods of Maine.
(c) His son's school.
(d) The bog.
5. What does Stuart win?
(a) A horse.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) A painting.
(d) A pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the animals in the region to change?
2. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
3. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
4. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
5. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)