|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last meteor shower.
(b) The last glacier.
(c) The last earthquake.
(d) The last tornado.
2. During the author's run, what does he notice?
(a) The leaves have begun to change color.
(b) Snow starting to fall.
(c) The first apple leaves starting to fall.
(d) Several deer in a field.
3. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
(a) Adding onto his cabin.
(b) Building a barn.
(c) Building an outhouse.
(d) His winter fires.
4. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) A red spruce tree.
(b) The loft of the barn.
(c) A hot air balloon.
(d) A poplar tree.
5. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
2. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
3. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
4. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
5. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)