|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
2. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He attacks the author.
(b) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(c) He returns to school.
(d) He moves back home.
3. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
(a) Poisonous sprays.
(b) Felling tools.
(c) Small explosions..
(d) Large chainsaws.
4. What caused the animals in the region to change?
(a) The change in the landscape.
(b) The coming of man.
(c) The changing climate.
(d) The change in the food supply.
5. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
2. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
3. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
4. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
5. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)