|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He returns to school.
(b) He moves back home.
(c) He attacks the author.
(d) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
2. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(d) Six months.
3. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) A Green.
(b) An Audubon Society.
(c) A Sierra Club.
(d) An Earth First.
4. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
5. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
(a) The son.
(b) The raven.
(c) The deer.
(d) The neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
2. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
3. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
4. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
5. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)