|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
2. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
(a) The raven.
(b) The son.
(c) The deer.
(d) The neighbor.
3. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
4. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
(a) Building a barn.
(b) Adding onto his cabin.
(c) Building an outhouse.
(d) His winter fires.
5. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
(a) The land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
(b) A local cemetery.
(c) The author's family.
(d) A favorite sledding hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
2. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
3. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
4. Eventually, what does Jack do?
5. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)