|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
(a) A cooler climate.
(b) A more populated region.
(c) A warmer, temperate climate.
(d) Those planted by man.
2. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(a) The many different birdcalls.
(b) The sound of cars.
(d) Frogs croaking.
3. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) A hot air balloon.
(b) The loft of the barn.
(c) A red spruce tree.
(d) A poplar tree.
4. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
(a) A favorite sledding hill.
(b) The author's family.
(c) The land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
(d) A local cemetery.
5. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
(a) His cabin deep in the woods of Maine.
(b) The bog.
(c) His son's school.
(d) His son's home in Vermont.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
2. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
3. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
4. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
5. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)