|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
2. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
(a) The land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
(b) A local cemetery.
(c) A favorite sledding hill.
(d) The author's family.
3. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(a) Swarms of mosquitoes.
(c) Swarms of flies.
4. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
5. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
(a) A cooler climate.
(b) A more populated region.
(c) Those planted by man.
(d) A warmer, temperate climate.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
2. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
3. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
4. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
5. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)