|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) Some wood glue.
(b) Some scrap lumber.
(c) A hammer.
(d) Some nails.
2. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
3. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) A Green.
(b) An Earth First.
(c) An Audubon Society.
(d) A Sierra Club.
4. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
(a) A walkie-talkie.
(b) A telephone in his bedroom.
(c) A telephone in the neighbor's outhouse.
(d) A cell phone.
5. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
(a) To help keep it dry.
(b) To keep the animals out.
(c) To make it more attractive.
(d) To winterize it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
2. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
3. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
4. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
5. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)