|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
(a) He grows tired of the birds.
(b) He sleeps in late.
(c) He wakes very early for the dawn chorus.
(d) He records the songs of the birds.
2. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
3. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
4. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
(a) A more populated region.
(b) A cooler climate.
(c) A warmer, temperate climate.
(d) Those planted by man.
5. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
Short Answer Questions
1. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
2. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
3. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
4. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
5. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)