|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
(a) The land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
(b) The author's family.
(c) A favorite sledding hill.
(d) A local cemetery.
2. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
(a) To winterize it.
(b) To keep the animals out.
(c) To make it more attractive.
(d) To help keep it dry.
3. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
4. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
5. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
(a) Felling tools.
(b) Poisonous sprays.
(c) Small explosions..
(d) Large chainsaws.
Short Answer Questions
1. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
2. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
3. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
4. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
5. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)