|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
2. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
(a) To help keep it dry.
(b) To make it more attractive.
(c) To winterize it.
(d) To keep the animals out.
3. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He moves back home.
(b) He attacks the author.
(c) He returns to school.
(d) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
4. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
(a) Paul Kinnard.
(b) Patrick Kearney.
(c) Peter Kinney.
(d) Perry Kennedy.
5. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
(a) The birds he has captured in a cage.
(b) The different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
(c) The ravens.
(d) The song and calls of the larks by his window.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
2. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
3. What caused the animals in the region to change?
4. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
5. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)