|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
(a) The bog.
(b) His son's home in Vermont.
(c) His son's school.
(d) His cabin deep in the woods of Maine.
2. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(b) Swarms of mosquitoes.
(d) Swarms of flies.
3. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He moves back home.
(b) He attacks the author.
(c) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(d) He returns to school.
4. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
5. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
(a) A telephone in the neighbor's outhouse.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A walkie-talkie.
(d) A telephone in his bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
2. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
3. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
4. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
5. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)