|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
(a) They are injured while protecting their nest.
(b) Their baby birds are killed.
(c) Their nest is destroyed.
(d) Their eggs hatch.
2. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
3. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) A Green.
(b) A Sierra Club.
(c) An Audubon Society.
(d) An Earth First.
4. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
(a) To winterize it.
(b) To keep the animals out.
(c) To make it more attractive.
(d) To help keep it dry.
5. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) The loft of the barn.
(b) A hot air balloon.
(c) A red spruce tree.
(d) A poplar tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
2. Eventually, what does Jack do?
3. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
4. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
5. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)