|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
2. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
3. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
(b) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
4. What caused the animals in the region to change?
(a) The coming of man.
(b) The change in the food supply.
(c) The change in the landscape.
(d) The changing climate.
5. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) The loft of the barn.
(b) A poplar tree.
(c) A red spruce tree.
(d) A hot air balloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
2. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
3. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
4. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
5. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)