|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
(a) To make it more attractive.
(b) To keep the animals out.
(c) To help keep it dry.
(d) To winterize it.
2. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
(b) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(c) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
(d) They grow faster and always flower.
3. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) A red spruce tree.
(b) A hot air balloon.
(c) A poplar tree.
(d) The loft of the barn.
4. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
5. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
2. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
3. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
4. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
5. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)