|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
(a) A telephone in his bedroom.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A telephone in the neighbor's outhouse.
(d) A walkie-talkie.
2. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
(a) The author's relationship with his son.
(b) The author's relationship with his neighbor.
(c) The author's relationship with a young deer.
(d) The author's relationship with the raven he captured when it was a baby.
3. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
(a) They are injured while protecting their nest.
(b) Their baby birds are killed.
(c) Their eggs hatch.
(d) Their nest is destroyed.
4. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Writing poetry.
(b) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
(c) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
(d) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
5. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
(a) How the author is desperately in need of spring.
(b) How plants and animals reproduce and die.
(c) How the woods is in need of spring's warmth.
(d) How plants and animals cannot wait for spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
2. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
3. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
4. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
5. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)