|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
(a) The author's relationship with the raven he captured when it was a baby.
(b) The author's relationship with his son.
(c) The author's relationship with a young deer.
(d) The author's relationship with his neighbor.
2. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
3. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
(a) A telephone in his bedroom.
(b) A walkie-talkie.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A telephone in the neighbor's outhouse.
4. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(b) Frogs croaking.
(c) The sound of cars.
(d) The many different birdcalls.
5. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
2. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
3. Eventually, what does Jack do?
4. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
5. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)