|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(a) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
2. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
3. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) A red spruce tree.
(b) A poplar tree.
(c) The loft of the barn.
(d) A hot air balloon.
4. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(c) Swarms of mosquitoes.
(d) Swarms of flies.
5. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(b) He attacks the author.
(c) He moves back home.
(d) He returns to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
2. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
3. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
4. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
5. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)