|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
2. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) A poplar tree.
(b) A red spruce tree.
(c) A hot air balloon.
(d) The loft of the barn.
3. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
(a) His winter fires.
(b) Adding onto his cabin.
(c) Building a barn.
(d) Building an outhouse.
4. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
5. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
(a) Perry Kennedy.
(b) Peter Kinney.
(c) Paul Kinnard.
(d) Patrick Kearney.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
2. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
3. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
4. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
5. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)