|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
(a) The ravens.
(b) The different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
(c) The song and calls of the larks by his window.
(d) The birds he has captured in a cage.
2. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
3. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
(a) He wakes very early for the dawn chorus.
(b) He grows tired of the birds.
(c) He sleeps in late.
(d) He records the songs of the birds.
4. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
5. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They grow faster and always flower.
(b) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(c) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
(d) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
2. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
3. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
4. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
5. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)