|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
2. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
(a) His son's school.
(b) His son's home in Vermont.
(c) His cabin deep in the woods of Maine.
(d) The bog.
3. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
(a) He wakes very early for the dawn chorus.
(b) He records the songs of the birds.
(c) He sleeps in late.
(d) He grows tired of the birds.
4. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
(a) The ravens.
(b) The birds he has captured in a cage.
(c) The song and calls of the larks by his window.
(d) The different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
5. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
Short Answer Questions
1. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
2. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
3. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
4. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
5. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)