|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
(a) A telephone in his bedroom.
(b) A telephone in the neighbor's outhouse.
(c) A walkie-talkie.
(d) A cell phone.
2. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
(a) The land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
(b) The author's family.
(c) A local cemetery.
(d) A favorite sledding hill.
3. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
(a) A cooler climate.
(b) Those planted by man.
(c) A warmer, temperate climate.
(d) A more populated region.
4. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(b) They grow faster and always flower.
(c) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
(d) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
5. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(b) He returns to school.
(c) He attacks the author.
(d) He moves back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the animals in the region to change?
2. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
3. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
4. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
5. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)