|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
2. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A telephone in his bedroom.
(c) A telephone in the neighbor's outhouse.
(d) A walkie-talkie.
3. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(a) Frogs croaking.
(b) The sound of cars.
(c) The many different birdcalls.
4. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
5. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
(a) He sleeps in late.
(b) He records the songs of the birds.
(c) He wakes very early for the dawn chorus.
(d) He grows tired of the birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
2. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
3. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
4. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
5. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)