|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
(a) To keep the animals out.
(b) To help keep it dry.
(c) To winterize it.
(d) To make it more attractive.
2. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
(a) The deer.
(b) The raven.
(c) The son.
(d) The neighbor.
3. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
4. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
(a) The author's relationship with his neighbor.
(b) The author's relationship with his son.
(c) The author's relationship with the raven he captured when it was a baby.
(d) The author's relationship with a young deer.
5. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
(b) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
(c) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
(d) Writing poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
2. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
3. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
4. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
5. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)