|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
(b) They grow faster and always flower.
(c) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(d) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
2. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
(a) To help keep it dry.
(b) To make it more attractive.
(c) To winterize it.
(d) To keep the animals out.
3. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
(a) A telephone in his bedroom.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A walkie-talkie.
(d) A telephone in the neighbor's outhouse.
4. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) Some scrap lumber.
(b) Some nails.
(c) A hammer.
(d) Some wood glue.
5. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) A Sierra Club.
(b) An Audubon Society.
(c) A Green.
(d) An Earth First.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eventually, what does Jack do?
2. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
3. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
4. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
5. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)