|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
2. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(a) The many different birdcalls.
(b) Frogs croaking.
(d) The sound of cars.
3. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
4. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
(a) A wood pile.
(b) A straw mattress.
(c) A twin bed.
(d) A blanket.
5. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
(a) His son's home in Vermont.
(b) His cabin deep in the woods of Maine.
(c) His son's school.
(d) The bog.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
2. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
3. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
4. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
5. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)