|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He returns to school.
(b) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(c) He attacks the author.
(d) He moves back home.
2. What caused the animals in the region to change?
(a) The changing climate.
(b) The coming of man.
(c) The change in the food supply.
(d) The change in the landscape.
3. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
4. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
5. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
2. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
3. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
4. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
5. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)