|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
(a) The raven.
(b) The son.
(c) The deer.
(d) The neighbor.
2. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
3. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
(a) The ravens.
(b) The song and calls of the larks by his window.
(c) The different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
(d) The birds he has captured in a cage.
4. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
5. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
2. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
3. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
4. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
5. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)