|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
2. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
(a) Poisonous sprays.
(b) Large chainsaws.
(c) Felling tools.
(d) Small explosions..
3. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
(a) How plants and animals reproduce and die.
(b) How plants and animals cannot wait for spring.
(c) How the woods is in need of spring's warmth.
(d) How the author is desperately in need of spring.
4. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He moves back home.
(b) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(c) He attacks the author.
(d) He returns to school.
5. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
(a) Perry Kennedy.
(b) Peter Kinney.
(c) Paul Kinnard.
(d) Patrick Kearney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
2. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
3. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
4. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
5. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)