|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(a) Swarms of flies.
(d) Swarms of mosquitoes.
2. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(b) The sound of cars.
(c) Frogs croaking.
(d) The many different birdcalls.
3. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A straw mattress.
(c) A wood pile.
(d) A twin bed.
4. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(a) Five years.
(b) Six months.
(d) Two years.
5. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(b) He attacks the author.
(c) He returns to school.
(d) He moves back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
2. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
3. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
4. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
5. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)