Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, April 28, April 28 Free Search, May 2, May 4 Smelting, May 6 Metamorphosis, May 7, May 14 Fishing, May 15 Weeds in Huckleberry Bog, May 24 Graduation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author have an easy time seeing the tracks of various animals?
(a) The ground was very muddy.
(b) He was laying on the ground.
(c) A thick blanket of snow had fallen the night before.
(d) He had binoculars.
2. In "January 20 Coyotes," what is the man, which the author just happens upon, doing?
(a) Hunting deer.
(b) Chasing and killing coyotes with his dogs.
(d) Trying to find his way home.
3. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
(a) A bear.
(b) A deer.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A moose.
4. The author notes how perceptive the ravens are to _____________.
5. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) Some nails.
(b) Some scrap lumber.
(c) Some wood glue.
(d) A hammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "October 6 Cherry Hill Drive", the author drives to a clearing that has been logged ______________ before.
2. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
3. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
4. In this section, whom does the farmer meet with at the cabin?
5. What caused the animals in the region to change?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)