Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, December 23 Ravens, December 25, 29 December Winter Ecology, January 5 Bog Trip, January 6 A Discussion, Excursions, January 13, January 20 Coyotes, January 25 Sweet and Sour Grubs, The Spiker, January 31, February 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author do to the mice?
(a) He feeds them.
(b) He exterminates them.
(c) He lures them outside.
(d) He names them.
2. One raven flies close to the author, circles away, and then comes back. At this point, what is the author wondering about?
(a) If the raven does not like him.
(b) If it is curious about him.
(c) If the raven is scared of him.
(d) If it is his friend Jack.
3. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
(a) Teams of horses and oxen pull heavy loads for a large crowd of spectators.
(b) The horses compete in dressage.
(c) An artist paints his portrait.
(d) Chefs make several types of pies for the visitors to try.
4. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His father.
5. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
(a) A telephone in his bedroom.
(b) A telephone in the neighbor's outhouse.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A walkie-talkie.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
2. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
3. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
4. In "December 21," the author discovers that a local squirrel has stashed __________ all along the path.
5. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)