|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars, Burning Wood, Scents and Sounds, Trees, October 26-30, Election Time, November 8-9 Jack?, The Moon, Habits and Hunts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stuart win?
(a) A pig.
(b) A horse.
(c) A painting.
(d) A pumpkin.
2. In "October 1 The Foliage," what happens for the first time?
(a) The snow falls.
(b) The forest is quiet.
(c) It rains.
(d) The author becomes bored.
3. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
(a) To make it suitable for agriculture.
(b) To make is suitable for living.
(c) To be able to watch the sun rise and set.
(d) To make room for more people to come.
4. After the author runs, how does he feel?
(c) Tired and sore.
(d) Relaxed and content.
5. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) The loft of the barn.
(b) A red spruce tree.
(c) A poplar tree.
(d) A hot air balloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the animals in the region to change?
2. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
3. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
4. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
5. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)