Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 23-26 The Garden, September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack, October 1 The Foliage, October 3 The Rendevous, October 6 Cherry Hill Drive, October 7 Housemates, October 8 Moose, October 10 Home Chores, October 11-13, Flying Samaras and Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
2. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
(a) The art fair.
(b) The farmer's market.
(c) The state fair.
(d) The county fair.
3. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
4. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
(a) His son.
(b) His marriage.
(c) Earlier times in his childhood.
(d) Earlier months of his stay in the cabin.
5. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
(a) The sound of cars.
(b) Frogs croaking.
(c) The many different birdcalls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
2. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
3. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
4. In "October 1 The Foliage," what happens for the first time?
5. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)