Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
2. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
3. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
(a) The wasps by his cabin.
(b) His own collection of wasps.
(c) His own father's collection of wasps.
(d) His son's collection of wasps.
4. After the author runs, how does he feel?
(b) Relaxed and content.
(d) Tired and sore.
5. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
(a) A favorite sledding hill.
(b) The land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
(c) The author's family.
(d) A local cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
2. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
3. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
4. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
5. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)