Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
(b) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(c) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
(d) They grow faster and always flower.
2. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
(a) To make it more attractive.
(b) To winterize it.
(c) To keep the animals out.
(d) To help keep it dry.
3. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
4. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
(a) How the author is desperately in need of spring.
(b) How plants and animals reproduce and die.
(c) How the woods is in need of spring's warmth.
(d) How plants and animals cannot wait for spring.
5. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
2. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
3. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
4. Eventually, what does Jack do?
5. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)