|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
2. Where can moss grow?
(a) In very dry locations.
(b) On rotting stumps and trees, in decaying grass, on rocks and ridges, and sometimes just on the bare ground.
(c) In strong sunlight.
(d) Very few places.
3. What does the author see the squirrels licking?
(a) Their fur.
(b) Some select maple trees.
(c) The snow.
(d) All the maple trees.
4. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) Some nails.
(b) A hammer.
(c) Some scrap lumber.
(d) Some wood glue.
5. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
(a) He is very sore from chopping wood.
(b) His stove is efficient at cooking food but inefficient at heating his cabin.
(c) The wood is filled with insects.
(d) He is still in need of more wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
2. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
3. In "January 6 A Discussion," what does the author notice that he might be a little odd for doing?
4. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
5. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)