|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author also writes about the miniature plants left over from _________that make their homes close to the ground?
(a) Previous generations of settlers.
(b) A couple of centuries ago.
(c) Previous ice ages.
(d) The previous owner of the cabin.
2. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
(a) His vegetables have all flowered.
(b) A black bear is outside the cabin.
(c) The first frost has hit, killing all his remaining vegetables.
(d) The animals have eaten his remaining vegetables.
3. Where can moss grow?
(a) In very dry locations.
(b) In strong sunlight.
(c) Very few places.
(d) On rotting stumps and trees, in decaying grass, on rocks and ridges, and sometimes just on the bare ground.
4. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
5. The author and his neighbor _________ go ice fishing in "April 3 Ice Fishing."
Short Answer Questions
1. The author ponders about the first Native Americans who discovered __________.
2. The author believes he may be wanted as __________ in "The Spiker."
3. In this section, whom does the farmer meet with at the cabin?
4. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
5. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)