|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
2. In "April 4 Returns," what does the author spend the night doing?
(a) Watching television.
(c) Boiling sap.
3. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
4. The author also writes about the miniature plants left over from _________that make their homes close to the ground?
(a) Previous ice ages.
(b) A couple of centuries ago.
(c) The previous owner of the cabin.
(d) Previous generations of settlers.
5. In "March 14 After the Storm," why does the author go into town again?
(a) To have breakfast at the diner.
(b) To find dead cattle.
(c) To buy supplies.
(d) To talk to his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
2. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
3. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
4. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
5. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)