|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
(a) Similar to how it looked before.
(b) Very different from what it has looked like before.
(c) Like a desert.
(d) The same as if no logging had ever taken place.
2. In this section, whom does the farmer meet with at the cabin?
(a) A local farmer.
(b) The lumber company.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) The dairy farmer.
3. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
4. In "December 12 Rump Steak," the author discovers that the steak that he thought a friendly neighbor left him to enjoy through the winter was actually what?
(a) Spoiled meat meant for his ravens.
(b) Meant for the coyotes.
(c) Meant for his birthday.
(d) Meant for his dogs.
5. What does the author begin in "March 23"?
(a) The syrup-making operation.
(b) The sugar-making operation.
(c) The squirrel hunt.
(d) The squirrel observations.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author notes how perceptive the ravens are to _____________.
2. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
3. The author reflects in "October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars" that he is much like whom?
4. Where can moss grow?
5. After the author runs, how does he feel?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)