|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stuart win?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A horse.
(c) A painting.
(d) A pig.
2. How does Stuart feel about his father?
(a) He is very proud.
(b) He is very embarrassed.
(c) He is very annoyed.
(d) He is very angry.
3. When the author goes for a walk in his snowshoes, what does he observe?
(a) The tracks of many different animals.
(b) The tracks of ravens.
(c) The tracks of deer.
(d) The tracks of bears.
4. In his _______________ orchard he notices that below the snow, the mice had been active at gnawing away on the bark of the trees.
5. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
(a) The author's relationship with a young deer.
(b) The author's relationship with his neighbor.
(c) The author's relationship with the raven he captured when it was a baby.
(d) The author's relationship with his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
2. Though the pair is hunting on election day, the author observes what?
3. After thinking about some bizarre encounters that he recently had with the logging company, what does the author decide?
4. In "January 20 Coyotes," what is the man, which the author just happens upon, doing?
5. Why did the author have an easy time seeing the tracks of various animals?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)