|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "October 6 Cherry Hill Drive", the author drives to a clearing that has been logged ______________ before.
(a) A few decades.
(b) Many years.
(c) Many months.
(d) A few weeks.
2. In "January 6 A Discussion," what does the author notice that he might be a little odd for doing?
(a) Teaching in his cabin.
(b) Hauling around road kill in the back of his pick up truck.
(c) Living in the woods alone.
(d) Hunting for his food.
3. The author and his neighbor _________ go ice fishing in "April 3 Ice Fishing."
4. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(c) Picking blackberries.
5. What does the author begin in "March 23"?
(a) The squirrel observations.
(b) The sugar-making operation.
(c) The syrup-making operation.
(d) The squirrel hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
2. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
3. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
4. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
5. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)