|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
2. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) A hot air balloon.
(b) A poplar tree.
(c) A red spruce tree.
(d) The loft of the barn.
3. The author ponders about the first Native Americans who discovered __________.
(a) How to hunt.
(b) How to cook squirrel.
(c) How to catch squirrels.
(d) How to make maple syrup.
4. What does the author get from a farm for his ravens?
(b) A dead deer.
(c) Seeds and nuts.
(d) A dead calf.
5. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
(a) Combing his hair.
(d) Brushing his teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "March 30 Cocoons," the author finds an old cocoon from _________.
2. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
3. In "Cows," why does the author go into town?
4. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
5. The author visits his son's school in __________________.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)