|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the deer looks at him, what does the author do?
(a) He stares at her.
(b) He runs.
(c) He drops an apple on her head.
(d) He calls to her.
2. Why might the squirrels be biting down into the bark?
(a) To catch bugs in the bark.
(b) To drill a hole in the bark to make a nest.
(c) To allow the sap to escape.
(d) To eat the bark.
3. In "March 30 Cocoons," the author finds an old cocoon from _________.
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A moth.
(c) A fly.
(d) A beetle.
4. When little mice first start to join the author in his cabin, he thinks they are ___________.
5. After the author runs, how does he feel?
(b) Tired and sore.
(c) Relaxed and content.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "December 4," the author decides to make the trip ________.
2. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
3. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
4. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
5. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)