|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author is intrigued that the grubs don't seem affected by __________.
(a) The extreme cold.
(b) His smell.
(c) His touching them.
(d) Loud noises.
2. In "March 30 Cocoons," the author finds an old cocoon from _________.
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A moth.
(c) A fly.
(d) A beetle.
3. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
(a) The wasps by his cabin.
(b) His son's collection of wasps.
(c) His own father's collection of wasps.
(d) His own collection of wasps.
4. What does the author do to the mice?
(a) He exterminates them.
(b) He names them.
(c) He feeds them.
(d) He lures them outside.
5. Does the dear show fear?
(a) Yes, a little.
(b) Yes, but very little.
(c) Yes, a great deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "March 14 Storm" what is the author beginning to feel?
2. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
3. What is the thing that surprises the author the most?
4. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
5. In "April 2 Dreams," the author remembers a couple of dreams from how long ago?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)