|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author observes that single leaves __________ turn different colors.
(d) Do not.
2. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) An Audubon Society.
(b) A Sierra Club.
(c) An Earth First.
(d) A Green.
3. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
(a) He sleeps in late.
(b) He wakes very early for the dawn chorus.
(c) He records the songs of the birds.
(d) He grows tired of the birds.
4. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
(a) Take a break from watching nature.
(b) See for long distances and observe more of the natural world.
(c) Go deer hunting.
(d) Go skiing.
5. In the section "Moss Watch," the author describes the various types of ________________ he can see around his cabin.
(a) Flowers and plants.
(b) Moss and lichen.
(c) Spiders and flies.
(d) Mice and rats.
Short Answer Questions
1. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
2. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
3. In the section "October 6 Cherry Hill Drive", the author drives to a clearing that has been logged ______________ before.
4. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
5. While in town, for what does he find a lead?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)