|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "October 3 The Annual Rendezvous" is about __________________.
(a) A dinner meeting the author holds every year for his colleagues.
(b) A party the author attends every year.
(c) A faculty meeting held for all college professors.
(d) A party that the author hosts up on the mountain every year.
2. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
(a) Go skiing.
(b) Take a break from watching nature.
(c) Go deer hunting.
(d) See for long distances and observe more of the natural world.
3. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
(a) A collision long ago.
(b) The fission theory.
(c) The moon being an asteroid.
(d) The coalescing of gas and dust in the creation of the moon.
4. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
5. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
(a) A black bear is outside the cabin.
(b) The first frost has hit, killing all his remaining vegetables.
(c) The animals have eaten his remaining vegetables.
(d) His vegetables have all flowered.
Short Answer Questions
1. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
2. Even though the author has not killed a deer or even fired a shot, why does he declare it a successful season?
3. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
4. In this section, whom does the farmer meet with at the cabin?
5. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)