|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author begin in "March 23"?
(a) The squirrel hunt.
(b) The squirrel observations.
(c) The syrup-making operation.
(d) The sugar-making operation.
2. Does the dear show fear?
(b) Yes, but very little.
(c) Yes, a little.
(d) Yes, a great deal.
3. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
4. In his _______________ orchard he notices that below the snow, the mice had been active at gnawing away on the bark of the trees.
5. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
(a) How plants and animals cannot wait for spring.
(b) How the woods is in need of spring's warmth.
(c) How plants and animals reproduce and die.
(d) How the author is desperately in need of spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "Scents and Sounds," to what does the author listen?
2. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
3. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
4. The author believes he may be wanted as __________ in "The Spiker."
5. In one he sees a huge _____________ owl starting at him.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)