|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author set out to do in "November 25 Connections"?
(a) Go duck hunting.
(b) Go turkey hunting.
(c) Go deer hunting.
(d) Go moose hunting.
2. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
(a) Earlier months of his stay in the cabin.
(b) His marriage.
(c) Earlier times in his childhood.
(d) His son.
3. The author is quite proud about __________.
(a) The progress of his garden.
(b) The progress of the ravens.
(c) The progress of his cutting.
(d) The progress of his research.
4. In "March 14 After the Storm," why does the author go into town again?
(a) To talk to his friends.
(b) To have breakfast at the diner.
(c) To find dead cattle.
(d) To buy supplies.
5. What caused the animals in the region to change?
(a) The change in the landscape.
(b) The coming of man.
(c) The changing climate.
(d) The change in the food supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "December 4," the author decides to make the trip ________.
2. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
3. The author dissects the cocoon and discovers a great deal about _____________.
4. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
5. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)