|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author decides to make maple syrup with whom?
(a) His students.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) His neighbor.
2. On December 9, the author returns to his cabin in the woods just in time for what event?
(a) A full lunar eclipse.
(b) The winter solstice.
(c) A partial lunar eclipse.
(d) A solar eclipse.
3. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
(a) The ravens.
(b) The different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
(c) The song and calls of the larks by his window.
(d) The birds he has captured in a cage.
4. The author dissects the cocoon and discovers a great deal about _____________.
(a) The fly's development in the cocoon and his escape.
(b) The butterfly's development in the cocoon and his escape.
(c) The beetle's development in the cocoon and his escape.
(d) The moth's development in the cocoon and his escape.
5. In "January 6 A Discussion," what does the author notice that he might be a little odd for doing?
(a) Teaching in his cabin.
(b) Hauling around road kill in the back of his pick up truck.
(c) Hunting for his food.
(d) Living in the woods alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "December 21," the author discovers that a local squirrel has stashed __________ all along the path.
2. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
3. Though the weather is still cold in "March 16," the author can see the tracks and furrows of many animals. What does he search for as the sun comes out?
4. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
5. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)