|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
2. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
(a) Like a desert.
(b) Similar to how it looked before.
(c) Very different from what it has looked like before.
(d) The same as if no logging had ever taken place.
3. In "April 4 Returns," what does the author spend the night doing?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Boiling sap.
4. What is the mood of the people as they stock up for a big storm in "March 13 Storm Warnings"?
5. On what does the author base his conclusions?
(a) On his assumptions.
(b) On his observations.
(c) On his experiments.
(d) On previously discovered scientific evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
2. What caused the animals in the region to change?
3. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
4. When the elephants disappear, the author notices that the ground is covered with _______.
5. In this section, whom does the farmer meet with at the cabin?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)