|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
(a) How plants and animals cannot wait for spring.
(b) How the author is desperately in need of spring.
(c) How the woods is in need of spring's warmth.
(d) How plants and animals reproduce and die.
2. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
3. When little mice first start to join the author in his cabin, he thinks they are ___________.
4. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
5. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "October 6 Cherry Hill Drive", the author drives to a clearing that has been logged ______________ before.
2. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
3. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
4. In "Cows," why does the author go into town?
5. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)