|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
(a) Tired and sore.
(b) Refreshed and energized.
2. In another very detailed dream, he is looking for a place to rest but is suddenly swept away by ______________ elephants.
3. On December 9, the author returns to his cabin in the woods just in time for what event?
(a) A partial lunar eclipse.
(b) The winter solstice.
(c) A solar eclipse.
(d) A full lunar eclipse.
4. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
5. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They grow faster and always flower.
(b) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(c) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
(d) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
2. Why might the squirrels be biting down into the bark?
3. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
4. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
5. In what chapter does the author note how many activities and responsibilities he has taken on?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)