|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(b) They grow faster and always flower.
(c) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
(d) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
2. What is the mood of the people as they stock up for a big storm in "March 13 Storm Warnings"?
3. In "March 30 Cocoons," the author finds an old cocoon from _________.
(a) A fly.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A moth.
(d) A beetle.
4. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
(d) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
5. What does the author see the squirrels licking?
(a) The snow.
(b) All the maple trees.
(c) Some select maple trees.
(d) Their fur.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author cooks mice for the students. How do they feel about eating mouse?
2. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
3. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
4. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
5. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)