|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this section, whom does the farmer meet with at the cabin?
(a) The lumber company.
(b) A local farmer.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) The dairy farmer.
2. In "October 1 The Foliage," what happens for the first time?
(a) The forest is quiet.
(b) It rains.
(c) The author becomes bored.
(d) The snow falls.
3. Where are the students who arrive in "December 29 Winter Ecology" from?
(a) The author's university.
(b) All over the country.
(c) The author's high school.
(d) All over Maine.
4. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(a) Picking blackberries.
5. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
(a) The ravens.
(b) The different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
(c) The birds he has captured in a cage.
(d) The song and calls of the larks by his window.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
2. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
3. When the elephants disappear, the author notices that the ground is covered with _______.
4. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
5. In "January 20 Coyotes," what is the man, which the author just happens upon, doing?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)