|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "April 4 Returns," what does the author spend the night doing?
(a) Boiling sap.
(c) Watching television.
2. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
(d) Bike ride.
3. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
(a) The song and calls of the larks by his window.
(b) The ravens.
(c) The different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
(d) The birds he has captured in a cage.
4. In "March 14 Storm" what is the author beginning to feel?
(d) Cabin fever.
5. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
(a) His son's home in Vermont.
(b) His cabin deep in the woods of Maine.
(c) His son's school.
(d) The bog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the dear show fear?
2. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
3. In "January 20 Coyotes," what is the man, which the author just happens upon, doing?
4. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
5. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)