|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author set out to do in "November 25 Connections"?
(a) Go moose hunting.
(b) Go duck hunting.
(c) Go turkey hunting.
(d) Go deer hunting.
2. Though the weather is still cold in "March 16," the author can see the tracks and furrows of many animals. What does he search for as the sun comes out?
(a) Bald eagle's nests.
(b) Robin's nests.
(c) Kinglet's nests.
(d) Raven's nests.
3. The author spends Christmas with whom in "December 25"?
(a) His neighbors.
(b) The squirrels.
(c) His family.
(d) The ravens.
4. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
(a) The sun's power.
(b) The moon's orbit, rise, and set.
(c) The size of the sun versus other stars.
(d) The way the stars were created.
5. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
(a) An Earth First.
(b) A Green.
(c) An Audubon Society.
(d) A Sierra Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "Moss Watch," the author describes the various types of ________________ he can see around his cabin.
2. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
3. Why did the author have an easy time seeing the tracks of various animals?
4. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
5. The author dissects the cocoon and discovers a great deal about _____________.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)