|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does the author base his conclusions?
(a) On his experiments.
(b) On previously discovered scientific evidence.
(c) On his assumptions.
(d) On his observations.
2. Why did the author have an easy time seeing the tracks of various animals?
(a) He had binoculars.
(b) A thick blanket of snow had fallen the night before.
(c) The ground was very muddy.
(d) He was laying on the ground.
3. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
(a) The author's interest in squirrels.
(b) The author's daily routines and his daily runs.
(c) The author's desire for sugar.
(d) The author's maple syrup-making routine.
4. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
5. The author notes how perceptive the ravens are to _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
2. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
3. During a ________, the author notices that most of the trees turn from green to yellow.
4. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
5. Where are the students who arrive in "December 29 Winter Ecology" from?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)