|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many days does the intensive class which the author teaches every winter at his cabin last?
2. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
(a) A bear.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A deer.
(d) A moose.
3. As the author cuts wood for the winter, he notices areas he cleared only a few years before are covered with __________.
4. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
5. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
(a) A cooler climate.
(b) Those planted by man.
(c) A more populated region.
(d) A warmer, temperate climate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
2. In "April 2 Dreams," the author remembers a couple of dreams from how long ago?
3. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
4. In one he sees a huge _____________ owl starting at him.
5. The author reflects in "October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars" that he is much like whom?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)