|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
(a) The county fair.
(b) The art fair.
(c) The farmer's market.
(d) The state fair.
2. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) A poplar tree.
(b) A hot air balloon.
(c) A red spruce tree.
(d) The loft of the barn.
3. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
4. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
5. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
2. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
3. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
4. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
5. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)