|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
(a) How plants and animals reproduce and die.
(b) How the author is desperately in need of spring.
(c) How plants and animals cannot wait for spring.
(d) How the woods is in need of spring's warmth.
2. What does Stuart win?
(a) A painting.
(b) A horse.
(c) A pig.
(d) A pumpkin.
3. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
(a) They are lighter in color than those in sunlight.
(b) They grow faster and always flower.
(c) They are larger than those in sunlight.
(d) They grow slower and sometimes never flower.
4. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
5. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
2. What caused the animals in the region to change?
3. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
4. Eventually, what does Jack do?
5. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)