|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He moves back home.
(b) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
(c) He returns to school.
(d) He attacks the author.
2. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
(a) A poplar tree.
(b) The loft of the barn.
(c) A hot air balloon.
(d) A red spruce tree.
3. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(b) Swarms of mosquitoes.
(c) Swarms of flies.
4. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
5. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
(a) The author's relationship with his neighbor.
(b) The author's relationship with his son.
(c) The author's relationship with a young deer.
(d) The author's relationship with the raven he captured when it was a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
2. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
3. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
4. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
5. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)