|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(a) Swarms of mosquitoes.
(c) Swarms of flies.
2. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
(a) Peter Kinney.
(b) Perry Kennedy.
(c) Patrick Kearney.
(d) Paul Kinnard.
3. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
(a) His marriage.
(b) Earlier times in his childhood.
(c) Earlier months of his stay in the cabin.
(d) His son.
4. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
5. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
(a) His own father's collection of wasps.
(b) His own collection of wasps.
(c) His son's collection of wasps.
(d) The wasps by his cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
2. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
3. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
4. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
5. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)