|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
(a) The raven.
(b) The moth.
(d) The deer.
2. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(a) Swarms of mosquitoes.
(c) Swarms of flies.
3. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
(a) The son.
(b) The raven.
(c) The deer.
(d) The neighbor.
4. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(a) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Six months.
5. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
(a) A telephone in the neighbor's outhouse.
(b) A walkie-talkie.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A telephone in his bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
2. The author notices the trees and flowers blooming and climbs up into _______________ where he has built a lookout to observe the natural world.
3. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
4. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
5. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)