|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
(a) A powerful storm.
(b) The animals that wander the forest.
(c) The author wandering in the woods.
(d) A heavy rain and the animals who depend on that moisture.
2. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
(a) The birds he has captured in a cage.
(b) The different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
(c) The ravens.
(d) The song and calls of the larks by his window.
3. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
4. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
(a) The deer.
(c) The raven.
(d) The moth.
5. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
(a) The county fair.
(b) The state fair.
(c) The farmer's market.
(d) The art fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
2. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
3. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
4. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
5. The birds start when it is still dark and the singing picks up with the increasing __________.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)