|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Adams Hill" describe?
(a) A favorite sledding hill.
(b) A local cemetery.
(c) The author's family.
(d) The land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
2. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
3. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
4. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
(a) To keep the animals out.
(b) To help keep it dry.
(c) To make it more attractive.
(d) To winterize it.
5. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
(a) The wasps by his cabin.
(b) His son's collection of wasps.
(c) His own father's collection of wasps.
(d) His own collection of wasps.
Short Answer Questions
1. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
2. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
3. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
4. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
5. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)