|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
2. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
(a) How the woods is in need of spring's warmth.
(b) How the author is desperately in need of spring.
(c) How plants and animals reproduce and die.
(d) How plants and animals cannot wait for spring.
3. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
(a) His own collection of wasps.
(b) His own father's collection of wasps.
(c) The wasps by his cabin.
(d) His son's collection of wasps.
4. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
5. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
2. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
3. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
4. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
5. Eventually, what does Jack do?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)