|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
2. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
3. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
(a) The wasps by his cabin.
(b) His own father's collection of wasps.
(c) His son's collection of wasps.
(d) His own collection of wasps.
4. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
(a) His son's school.
(b) His son's home in Vermont.
(c) His cabin deep in the woods of Maine.
(d) The bog.
5. What caused the animals in the region to change?
(a) The change in the landscape.
(b) The changing climate.
(c) The coming of man.
(d) The change in the food supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
2. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
3. What does Stuart win?
4. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
5. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)