|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) A hammer.
(b) Some nails.
(c) Some scrap lumber.
(d) Some wood glue.
2. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
(a) Perry Kennedy.
(b) Peter Kinney.
(c) Patrick Kearney.
(d) Paul Kinnard.
3. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
4. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
(a) The horses compete in dressage.
(b) An artist paints his portrait.
(c) Chefs make several types of pies for the visitors to try.
(d) Teams of horses and oxen pull heavy loads for a large crowd of spectators.
5. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(a) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
2. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
3. After the author runs, how does he feel?
4. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
5. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)