|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
2. What caused the animals in the region to change?
(a) The coming of man.
(b) The changing climate.
(c) The change in the food supply.
(d) The change in the landscape.
3. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
4. What does Stuart win?
(a) A horse.
(b) A painting.
(c) A pig.
(d) A pumpkin.
5. After the evening chorus dies off, what does the author do?
(a) He wakes very early for the dawn chorus.
(b) He grows tired of the birds.
(c) He records the songs of the birds.
(d) He sleeps in late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
2. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
3. In "Beginnings," the author tells us that he has what kind of contact with the outside world?
4. After the author runs, how does he feel?
5. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)