|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
(a) The county fair.
(b) The state fair.
(c) The art fair.
(d) The farmer's market.
2. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
(a) Building an outhouse.
(b) Building a barn.
(c) Adding onto his cabin.
(d) His winter fires.
3. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
4. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
5. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
2. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
3. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
4. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
5. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)