|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
(a) How the woods is in need of spring's warmth.
(b) How the author is desperately in need of spring.
(c) How plants and animals cannot wait for spring.
(d) How plants and animals reproduce and die.
2. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
(a) The animals that wander the forest.
(b) The author wandering in the woods.
(c) A heavy rain and the animals who depend on that moisture.
(d) A powerful storm.
3. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(d) Picking blackberries.
4. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
(a) Huckleberries and figs.
(b) Cranberries and holly.
(c) Huckleberries and holly.
(d) Cranberries and figs.
5. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
2. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
3. Eventually, what does Jack do?
4. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
5. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)