|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
2. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
(a) Some nails.
(b) Some wood glue.
(c) Some scrap lumber.
(d) A hammer.
3. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
(b) Writing poetry.
(c) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
(d) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
4. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
5. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
2. "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to ___________.
3. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
4. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
5. During the author's run, what does he notice?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)