|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
2. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(b) Picking blackberries.
3. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
4. "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the _________ he will spend in the cabin.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
5. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
2. The logging company uses dangerous ________________ to get rid of the trees.
3. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
4. After the author runs, how does he feel?
5. Eventually, what does Jack do?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)