|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
2. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
(a) They are injured while protecting their nest.
(b) Their baby birds are killed.
(c) Their nest is destroyed.
(d) Their eggs hatch.
3. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
(a) The author's son Stuart and his daughter Erica.
(b) The author's wife.
(c) The author's daughter Erica.
(d) The author's son Stuart, his daughter Erica, and two friends.
4. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
(a) A heavy rain and the animals who depend on that moisture.
(b) The animals that wander the forest.
(c) A powerful storm.
(d) The author wandering in the woods.
5. "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all-day observations of __________.
(a) The different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
(b) The birds he has captured in a cage.
(c) The ravens.
(d) The song and calls of the larks by his window.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
2. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
3. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
4. While the author is working on building the new outhouse, what must he make a trip into town to get?
5. What caused the animals in the region to change?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)