|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
2. The families have lived in the area since _________, and the author is a friend of the descendants of those first settlers.
3. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last earthquake.
(b) The last meteor shower.
(c) The last tornado.
(d) The last glacier.
4. The author has observed that the small cemeteries are full of the families who first came to the area and that the majority of gravestones belong to whom?
5. After the author runs, how does he feel?
(a) Tired and sore.
(d) Relaxed and content.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
2. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
3. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
4. What does the author notice about the plants in the shade?
5. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)