|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stuart win?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A painting.
(c) A pig.
(d) A horse.
2. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
(a) Patrick Kearney.
(b) Paul Kinnard.
(c) Perry Kennedy.
(d) Peter Kinney.
3. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He attacks the author.
(b) He moves back home.
(c) He returns to school.
(d) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
4. What comes out in the early evening, closely followed by several types of songbirds?
(a) Swarms of mosquitoes.
(c) Swarms of flies.
5. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
2. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
3. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
4. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
5. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)