|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, what does Jack do?
(a) He returns to school.
(b) He attacks the author.
(c) He moves back home.
(d) He flies away from the author and the cabin and does not return.
2. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
(a) Adding onto his cabin.
(b) His winter fires.
(c) Building an outhouse.
(d) Building a barn.
3. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
(a) Earlier times in his childhood.
(b) Earlier months of his stay in the cabin.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His son.
4. After the author runs, how does he feel?
(b) Tired and sore.
(c) Relaxed and content.
5. During the author's run, what does he notice?
(a) The leaves have begun to change color.
(b) Snow starting to fall.
(c) The first apple leaves starting to fall.
(d) Several deer in a field.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
2. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
3. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
4. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
5. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)