|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 4 Wanderers, August 6 Late Summer Ramblings, August 9-13 Some Berries, August 14 Whispers of Fall, August 30, Early September, September 13, September 18, September 20 Clearcuts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
(b) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
(c) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
(d) Writing poetry.
2. In town the author meets _________________, who gives him some wood and fixes his chainsaw.
(a) Paul Kinnard.
(b) Peter Kinney.
(c) Patrick Kearney.
(d) Perry Kennedy.
3. What does Stuart win?
(a) A painting.
(b) A horse.
(c) A pumpkin.
(d) A pig.
4. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
5. After the author runs, how does he feel?
(b) Tired and sore.
(d) Relaxed and content.
Short Answer Questions
1. His traveling companion is a ____________ that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
2. The two men catch up on what has been going on in the area, including _____________ protest of a logging operation.
3. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
4. Eventually, what does Jack do?
5. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)