Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 30 Cocoons, March 31, April 2 Dreams, April 3 Ice Fishing, April 4 Returns, April 8, April 11, April 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
(a) The fission theory.
(b) The moon being an asteroid.
(c) The coalescing of gas and dust in the creation of the moon.
(d) A collision long ago.
2. In "December 12 Rump Steak," the author discovers that the steak that he thought a friendly neighbor left him to enjoy through the winter was actually what?
(a) Meant for his birthday.
(b) Meant for the coyotes.
(c) Spoiled meat meant for his ravens.
(d) Meant for his dogs.
3. The author observes that single leaves __________ turn different colors.
(c) Do not.
4. Why did the author have an easy time seeing the tracks of various animals?
(a) He was laying on the ground.
(b) He had binoculars.
(c) A thick blanket of snow had fallen the night before.
(d) The ground was very muddy.
5. "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of ___________.
(a) Swimming in the pond and sun bathing.
(b) Sleeping late and watching the birds.
(c) Writing poetry.
(d) Cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
2. What does the author awaken to on his first morning?
3. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
4. The author ponders about the first Native Americans who discovered __________.
5. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)