|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
(a) His stove is efficient at cooking food but inefficient at heating his cabin.
(b) He is very sore from chopping wood.
(c) He is still in need of more wood.
(d) The wood is filled with insects.
2. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
3. In the section "Moss Watch," the author describes the various types of ________________ he can see around his cabin.
(a) Mice and rats.
(b) Moss and lichen.
(c) Spiders and flies.
(d) Flowers and plants.
4. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
(a) The moon being an asteroid.
(b) The coalescing of gas and dust in the creation of the moon.
(c) A collision long ago.
(d) The fission theory.
5. How does Stuart feel about his father?
(a) He is very embarrassed.
(b) He is very proud.
(c) He is very annoyed.
(d) He is very angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
2. In "December 4," the author decides to make the trip ________.
3. When the deer looks at him, what does the author do?
4. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
5. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)