|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
(a) The animals have eaten his remaining vegetables.
(b) His vegetables have all flowered.
(c) The first frost has hit, killing all his remaining vegetables.
(d) A black bear is outside the cabin.
2. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
(a) To winterize it.
(b) To make it more attractive.
(c) To keep the animals out.
(d) To help keep it dry.
3. What happens when the author comes down from the tree and onto the ground?
(a) The deer stays frozen.
(b) The deer comes to him.
(c) The deer runs away.
(d) The deer walks away.
4. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
(a) His son's collection of wasps.
(b) The wasps by his cabin.
(c) His own collection of wasps.
(d) His own father's collection of wasps.
5. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
(a) Bike ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
2. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
3. On what does the author base his conclusions?
4. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
5. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)