|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
(a) The stars.
(b) The night sky.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
2. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
3. "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of what?
(a) How the woods is in need of spring's warmth.
(b) How the author is desperately in need of spring.
(c) How plants and animals reproduce and die.
(d) How plants and animals cannot wait for spring.
4. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
(a) The way the stars were created.
(b) The moon's orbit, rise, and set.
(c) The size of the sun versus other stars.
(d) The sun's power.
5. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
(a) To keep the animals out.
(b) To help keep it dry.
(c) To winterize it.
(d) To make it more attractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the author comes down from the tree and onto the ground?
2. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
3. As the author cuts wood for the winter, he notices areas he cleared only a few years before are covered with __________.
4. Eventually, what does Jack do?
5. In "December 12 Rump Steak," the author discovers that the steak that he thought a friendly neighbor left him to enjoy through the winter was actually what?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)