|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where can moss grow?
(a) Very few places.
(b) On rotting stumps and trees, in decaying grass, on rocks and ridges, and sometimes just on the bare ground.
(c) In strong sunlight.
(d) In very dry locations.
2. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
(a) His son's collection of wasps.
(b) His own collection of wasps.
(c) His own father's collection of wasps.
(d) The wasps by his cabin.
3. The author visits his son's school in __________________.
(a) "December 9."
(b) "December 8."
(c) "December 10."
(d) "December 11."
4. What happens when the author comes down from the tree and onto the ground?
(a) The deer walks away.
(b) The deer runs away.
(c) The deer stays frozen.
(d) The deer comes to him.
5. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "November 28 More Flies," how does the the author attempt to rid his cabin of flies?
2. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
3. In the section "October 6 Cherry Hill Drive", the author drives to a clearing that has been logged ______________ before.
4. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
5. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)