|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
(a) The Earth and the stars.
(b) The Earth and the rest of the solar system.
(c) The Earth and the sun.
(d) The Earth and the moon.
2. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
(a) To make it more attractive.
(b) To winterize it.
(c) To keep the animals out.
(d) To help keep it dry.
3. In the section "Time," the author realizes that he has spent over _________ months in the cabin.
4. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
(a) Their nest is destroyed.
(b) Their baby birds are killed.
(c) Their eggs hatch.
(d) They are injured while protecting their nest.
5. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
2. "October 3 The Annual Rendezvous" is about __________________.
3. Though the pair is hunting on election day, the author observes what?
4. In "December 12 Rump Steak," the author discovers that the steak that he thought a friendly neighbor left him to enjoy through the winter was actually what?
5. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)