|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author make a trip in "December 4"?
(a) He is bored.
(b) To buy more supplies.
(c) To see his son, Stuart.
(d) To visit friends.
2. In "November 8-9 Jack?" the author observes a group of ravens that he has done what for?
(a) Built a nest.
(b) Set out food.
(c) Talked to.
3. In "November 28 More Flies," how does the the author attempt to rid his cabin of flies?
(a) He sucks them up in the dustbuster.
(b) He steps on them.
(c) He hits them with a fly swatter.
(d) He sprays them with poison.
4. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
5. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(a) Picking blackberries.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
2. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
3. On December 9, the author returns to his cabin in the woods just in time for what event?
4. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
5. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)