|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "October 3 The Annual Rendezvous" is about __________________.
(a) A faculty meeting held for all college professors.
(b) A dinner meeting the author holds every year for his colleagues.
(c) A party that the author hosts up on the mountain every year.
(d) A party the author attends every year.
2. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
3. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
(a) They failed to fruit.
(b) They are very large and colorful.
(c) They grew fruit.
(d) They died.
4. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
(a) A more populated region.
(b) A cooler climate.
(c) Those planted by man.
(d) A warmer, temperate climate.
5. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
(a) A deer.
(b) A bear.
(c) A moose.
(d) A cougar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
2. As the author cuts wood for the winter, he notices areas he cleared only a few years before are covered with __________.
3. In the section "October 6 Cherry Hill Drive", the author drives to a clearing that has been logged ______________ before.
4. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
5. The author has become rather sick of celebrating __________________ in the traditional American way.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)