|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do they spot deer?
(a) Yes, many.
(b) Yes, but only a few.
(c) Yes, but only one.
2. In "December 4," the author decides to make the trip ________.
(a) Back home.
(b) To another cabin.
(c) Into town.
(d) Into the forest.
3. In "November 8-9 Jack?" the author observes a group of ravens that he has done what for?
(a) Talked to.
(b) Set out food.
(d) Built a nest.
4. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
(a) The author's relationship with the raven he captured when it was a baby.
(b) The author's relationship with his son.
(c) The author's relationship with his neighbor.
(d) The author's relationship with a young deer.
5. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
(a) Go deer hunting.
(b) Go skiing.
(c) See for long distances and observe more of the natural world.
(d) Take a break from watching nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
2. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
3. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
4. The author reflects in "October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars" that he is much like whom?
5. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)