|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
(a) Their baby birds are killed.
(b) They are injured while protecting their nest.
(c) Their eggs hatch.
(d) Their nest is destroyed.
2. What caused the animals in the region to change?
(a) The change in the landscape.
(b) The coming of man.
(c) The change in the food supply.
(d) The changing climate.
3. Though the pair is hunting on election day, the author observes what?
(a) There are quite a few others out hunting instead of voting.
(b) He feels the need to vote.
(c) It really has no meaning to them, so removed from the real world.
(d) He wonders who he would have voted for.
4. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
(a) The fission theory.
(b) A collision long ago.
(c) The moon being an asteroid.
(d) The coalescing of gas and dust in the creation of the moon.
5. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
2. Even though the author has not killed a deer or even fired a shot, why does he declare it a successful season?
3. During the author's run, what does he notice?
4. In "November 28 More Flies," how does the the author attempt to rid his cabin of flies?
5. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)