|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
(a) Huckleberries and holly.
(b) Huckleberries and figs.
(c) Cranberries and holly.
(d) Cranberries and figs.
2. When little mice first start to join the author in his cabin, he thinks they are ___________.
3. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
(a) The author's relationship with his neighbor.
(b) The author's relationship with a young deer.
(c) The author's relationship with the raven he captured when it was a baby.
(d) The author's relationship with his son.
4. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last tornado.
(b) The last glacier.
(c) The last earthquake.
(d) The last meteor shower.
5. The author reflects in "October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars" that he is much like whom?
(a) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) HIs father.
Short Answer Questions
1. During a ________, the author notices that most of the trees turn from green to yellow.
2. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
3. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
4. In the section "Scents and Sounds," to what does the author listen?
5. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)