|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "June 12 Early Harvests," the author continues felling trees and splitting wood for __________.
(a) Building a barn.
(b) Adding onto his cabin.
(c) Building an outhouse.
(d) His winter fires.
2. When they first arrive at the cabin, who depends on the author for his food and his companionship?
(a) The son.
(b) The raven.
(c) The deer.
(d) The neighbor.
3. In "September 23-26 The Garden," what does the author find after waking up one morning?
(a) The animals have eaten his remaining vegetables.
(b) The first frost has hit, killing all his remaining vegetables.
(c) A black bear is outside the cabin.
(d) His vegetables have all flowered.
4. As the author is running through the forest, he comes to a clearing that has been logged a few years earlier. What does he see there?
(a) A cougar.
(b) A moose.
(c) A bear.
(d) A deer.
5. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
(a) The author's daily routines and his daily runs.
(b) The author's desire for sugar.
(c) The author's interest in squirrels.
(d) The author's maple syrup-making routine.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
2. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
3. On what does the author base his conclusions?
4. When little mice first start to join the author in his cabin, he thinks they are ___________.
5. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)