|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
(a) Go skiing.
(b) Go deer hunting.
(c) Take a break from watching nature.
(d) See for long distances and observe more of the natural world.
2. In "December 4," the author decides to make the trip ________.
(a) Into town.
(b) Into the forest.
(c) Back home.
(d) To another cabin.
3. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
(a) A more populated region.
(b) A cooler climate.
(c) A warmer, temperate climate.
(d) Those planted by man.
4. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
5. In the section "Flying Samaras and Consciousness," the author writes about the little rotary seeds of the ____________ tree known as samaras.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
2. When farming begins to spread farther west, the land reverts from farmland to ________.
3. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
4. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
5. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)