|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
(a) His own father's collection of wasps.
(b) The wasps by his cabin.
(c) His own collection of wasps.
(d) His son's collection of wasps.
2. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
(a) The sun's power.
(b) The way the stars were created.
(c) The moon's orbit, rise, and set.
(d) The size of the sun versus other stars.
3. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
4. In the section "September 23-26 The Garden," the author observes what about the green beans and squash he planted?
(a) They grew fruit.
(b) They are very large and colorful.
(c) They died.
(d) They failed to fruit.
5. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
(a) A means of blocking the sun.
(c) A source of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author also writes about the miniature plants left over from _________that make their homes close to the ground?
2. Why does the author make a trip in "December 4"?
3. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
4. How does the author think the clearing will look in the end, even though his style of harvesting trees could be considered sloppy?
5. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)