|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author observes that single leaves __________ turn different colors.
(b) Do not.
2. Why does the author make a trip in "December 4"?
(a) To buy more supplies.
(b) To see his son, Stuart.
(c) To visit friends.
(d) He is bored.
3. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
(a) The way the stars were created.
(b) The size of the sun versus other stars.
(c) The sun's power.
(d) The moon's orbit, rise, and set.
4. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
5. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
(a) The author's son Stuart and his daughter Erica.
(b) The author's daughter Erica.
(c) The author's son Stuart, his daughter Erica, and two friends.
(d) The author's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
2. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
3. In the section "Moss Watch," the author describes the various types of ________________ he can see around his cabin.
4. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
5. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)