|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
(a) The author's records of his experiences.
(b) The author's chores.
(c) The author's family.
(d) The author's peculiar style of living in the cabin.
2. On December 9, the author returns to his cabin in the woods just in time for what event?
(a) A partial lunar eclipse.
(b) The winter solstice.
(c) A solar eclipse.
(d) A full lunar eclipse.
3. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
(a) The sun's power.
(b) The moon's orbit, rise, and set.
(c) The size of the sun versus other stars.
(d) The way the stars were created.
4. Why do the squirrels, in particular, fascinate the author?
(a) They try so hard to stay hidden.
(b) They are very mean.
(c) They are very loud.
(d) They are very curious.
5. What does the author do to the mice?
(a) He feeds them.
(b) He lures them outside.
(c) He exterminates them.
(d) He names them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
2. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
3. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
4. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
5. In "November 28 More Flies," how does the the author attempt to rid his cabin of flies?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)