|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the author comes down from the tree and onto the ground?
(a) The deer stays frozen.
(b) The deer comes to him.
(c) The deer walks away.
(d) The deer runs away.
2. Do they spot deer?
(a) Yes, but only one.
(b) Yes, many.
(d) Yes, but only a few.
3. In "November 28 More Flies," how does the the author attempt to rid his cabin of flies?
(a) He steps on them.
(b) He sucks them up in the dustbuster.
(c) He sprays them with poison.
(d) He hits them with a fly swatter.
4. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
(a) The author's chores.
(b) The author's peculiar style of living in the cabin.
(c) The author's records of his experiences.
(d) The author's family.
5. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
(a) Take a break from watching nature.
(b) Go deer hunting.
(c) See for long distances and observe more of the natural world.
(d) Go skiing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
2. At the end of the section, where is the author when he encounters a deer?
3. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
4. What does the author do to the mice?
5. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)