|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
2. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
3. As the author cuts wood for the winter, he notices areas he cleared only a few years before are covered with __________.
4. The trees that now populate the region are the trees of __________.
(a) A more populated region.
(b) A cooler climate.
(c) A warmer, temperate climate.
(d) Those planted by man.
5. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
(a) His marriage.
(b) Earlier months of his stay in the cabin.
(c) His son.
(d) Earlier times in his childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though the author has not killed a deer or even fired a shot, why does he declare it a successful season?
2. What does the author set out to do in "November 25 Connections"?
3. One raven flies close to the author, circles away, and then comes back. At this point, what is the author wondering about?
4. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
5. What is the thing that surprises the author the most?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)