|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "October 1 The Foliage," what happens for the first time?
(a) The forest is quiet.
(b) The snow falls.
(c) It rains.
(d) The author becomes bored.
2. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
(a) The coalescing of gas and dust in the creation of the moon.
(b) The fission theory.
(c) The moon being an asteroid.
(d) A collision long ago.
3. What does the author find for Jack to sleep on?
(a) A straw mattress.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A wood pile.
(d) A twin bed.
4. The author also writes about the miniature plants left over from _________that make their homes close to the ground?
(a) Previous generations of settlers.
(b) The previous owner of the cabin.
(c) A couple of centuries ago.
(d) Previous ice ages.
5. In "Jack," what details are given about the author?
(a) The author's relationship with the raven he captured when it was a baby.
(b) The author's relationship with his son.
(c) The author's relationship with a young deer.
(d) The author's relationship with his neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "December 4," the author decides to make the trip ________.
2. After running in "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack," how does the author feel?
3. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
4. After a few weeks, what does Jack learn to do on his own?
5. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)