|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the section "October 6 Cherry Hill Drive", the author drives to a clearing that has been logged ______________ before.
(a) Many months.
(b) Many years.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few decades.
2. What does the author set out to do in "November 25 Connections"?
(a) Go deer hunting.
(b) Go turkey hunting.
(c) Go moose hunting.
(d) Go duck hunting.
3. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
(a) The stars.
(b) The sun.
(c) The night sky.
(d) The moon.
4. In "November 8-9 Jack?" the author observes a group of ravens that he has done what for?
(a) Built a nest.
(b) Talked to.
(c) Set out food.
5. In "Bedrock," the author gives a ___________ history of the region.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author also writes about the miniature plants left over from _________that make their homes close to the ground?
2. One raven flies close to the author, circles away, and then comes back. At this point, what is the author wondering about?
3. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
4. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
5. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)