|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
(a) The deer.
(c) The moth.
(d) The raven.
2. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
(b) Combing his hair.
(c) Brushing his teeth.
3. In the section "Scents and Sounds," to what does the author listen?
(a) The sounds of the afternoon.
(b) The sounds of the morning.
(c) The sounds of the night.
(d) The sounds of the evening.
4. After the author runs, how does he feel?
(c) Relaxed and content.
(d) Tired and sore.
5. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
(a) A heavy rain and the animals who depend on that moisture.
(b) The animals that wander the forest.
(c) The author wandering in the woods.
(d) A powerful storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
2. A great glacier expands and retracts across North America for the last few _____________ years.
3. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
4. What caused the animals in the region to change?
5. How does Stuart feel about his father?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)