|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do they spot deer?
(a) Yes, many.
(b) Yes, but only a few.
(c) Yes, but only one.
2. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
(a) The horses compete in dressage.
(b) Teams of horses and oxen pull heavy loads for a large crowd of spectators.
(c) An artist paints his portrait.
(d) Chefs make several types of pies for the visitors to try.
3. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
4. How does Stuart feel about his father?
(a) He is very embarrassed.
(b) He is very proud.
(c) He is very annoyed.
(d) He is very angry.
5. Giant piles of gravel, steep ridges, and ponds are all evidence of ___________.
(a) The last tornado.
(b) The last earthquake.
(c) The last glacier.
(d) The last meteor shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
2. In the section "Moss Watch," the author describes the various types of ________________ he can see around his cabin.
3. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
4. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
5. What is "September 27 Starting a Sugar Shack" about?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)