|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 15 Moss Watch, November 25 Connections, November 28 More Flies, December 3, December 4, December 8, December 9 The Lunar Eclipse, December 11 Wind, December 12 Rump Steak and Roadkills, December 13, December 15 You Can Never Go Back, December 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have many forest creatures invaded in "October 7 Housemates"?
(a) The author's barn.
(b) The author's yard.
(c) The author's house.
(d) The author's outhouse.
2. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
(a) See for long distances and observe more of the natural world.
(b) Go deer hunting.
(c) Go skiing.
(d) Take a break from watching nature.
3. During the author's run, what does he notice?
(a) The first apple leaves starting to fall.
(b) The leaves have begun to change color.
(c) Several deer in a field.
(d) Snow starting to fall.
4. What is "October 10 Home Chores" about?
(a) The author's chores.
(b) The author's peculiar style of living in the cabin.
(c) The author's family.
(d) The author's records of his experiences.
5. Why does the author roll rocks under the foundation of his cabin?
(a) To make it more attractive.
(b) To keep the animals out.
(c) To winterize it.
(d) To help keep it dry.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
2. The author observes a pair of swallows in a nest by his cabin and how quickly they move on with their lives when ____________.
3. What caused the animals in the region to change?
4. When the deer looks at him, what does the author do?
5. When Europeans arrive, why do they clear the land?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)