|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stuart win?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A horse.
(c) A painting.
(d) A pig.
2. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(b) Picking blackberries.
3. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
4. According to the farmer, how do most people use the dead calves?
(a) To feed ravens.
(b) To feed cattle.
(c) To bait bears.
(d) To bait coyotes.
5. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
(a) A means of blocking the sun.
(d) A source of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
2. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
3. One raven flies close to the author, circles away, and then comes back. At this point, what is the author wondering about?
4. In "March 20-21 First Tappers," what does the author notice about the squirrels?
5. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)