|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the squirrels, in particular, fascinate the author?
(a) They try so hard to stay hidden.
(b) They are very mean.
(c) They are very loud.
(d) They are very curious.
2. Though the pair is hunting on election day, the author observes what?
(a) He wonders who he would have voted for.
(b) It really has no meaning to them, so removed from the real world.
(c) There are quite a few others out hunting instead of voting.
(d) He feels the need to vote.
3. Though the weather is still cold in "March 16," the author can see the tracks and furrows of many animals. What does he search for as the sun comes out?
(a) Raven's nests.
(b) Kinglet's nests.
(c) Robin's nests.
(d) Bald eagle's nests.
4. What is the mood of the people as they stock up for a big storm in "March 13 Storm Warnings"?
5. During the author's run, what does he notice?
(a) The leaves have begun to change color.
(b) Several deer in a field.
(c) Snow starting to fall.
(d) The first apple leaves starting to fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stuart win?
2. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
3. The author ponders about the first Native Americans who discovered __________.
4. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
5. When the author goes for a walk in his snowshoes, what does he observe?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)