|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "November 8-9 Jack?" the author observes a group of ravens that he has done what for?
(a) Talked to.
(c) Set out food.
(d) Built a nest.
2. How does the author act with the townspeople?
(a) He is pleasant.
(b) He jokes around with them.
(c) He teases them.
(d) He ignores them.
3. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
(a) Chefs make several types of pies for the visitors to try.
(b) Teams of horses and oxen pull heavy loads for a large crowd of spectators.
(c) The horses compete in dressage.
(d) An artist paints his portrait.
4. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
(a) The Earth and the moon.
(b) The Earth and the rest of the solar system.
(c) The Earth and the sun.
(d) The Earth and the stars.
5. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
2. In "March 14 After the Storm," why does the author go into town again?
3. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
4. During the author's run, what does he notice?
5. The author concluded that the squirrels had developed a way of making ___________.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)