|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does the author base his conclusions?
(a) On his experiments.
(b) On his observations.
(c) On his assumptions.
(d) On previously discovered scientific evidence.
2. The author ponders about the first Native Americans who discovered __________.
(a) How to cook squirrel.
(b) How to catch squirrels.
(c) How to make maple syrup.
(d) How to hunt.
3. How does the author act with the townspeople?
(a) He jokes around with them.
(b) He is pleasant.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He teases them.
4. In the section "September 20 Clearcuts," the author observes some wasps. This makes him think back to _____________.
(a) The wasps by his cabin.
(b) His own father's collection of wasps.
(c) His son's collection of wasps.
(d) His own collection of wasps.
5. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
(d) Bike ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "Scents and Sounds," to what does the author listen?
2. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
3. Why might the squirrels be biting down into the bark?
4. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
5. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)