|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
(a) The author wandering in the woods.
(b) The animals that wander the forest.
(c) A powerful storm.
(d) A heavy rain and the animals who depend on that moisture.
2. The author ponders about the first Native Americans who discovered __________.
(a) How to make maple syrup.
(b) How to catch squirrels.
(c) How to hunt.
(d) How to cook squirrel.
3. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
(b) The deer.
(c) The moth.
(d) The raven.
4. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
5. The author observes what in the section "The Moon"?
(a) The stars.
(b) The night sky.
(c) The sun.
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
2. In "September 13," how many miles does the author run as he observes caterpillars, ravens, and flies along the way?
3. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
4. Though the weather is still cold in "March 16," the author can see the tracks and furrows of many animals. What does he search for as the sun comes out?
5. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)