|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
(a) The deer.
(c) The moth.
(d) The raven.
2. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
(a) The fission theory.
(b) A collision long ago.
(c) The coalescing of gas and dust in the creation of the moon.
(d) The moon being an asteroid.
3. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
(a) The author's wife.
(b) The author's son Stuart, his daughter Erica, and two friends.
(c) The author's daughter Erica.
(d) The author's son Stuart and his daughter Erica.
4. How does the author act with the townspeople?
(a) He jokes around with them.
(b) He is pleasant.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He teases them.
5. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
(c) Bike ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in town, for what does he find a lead?
2. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
3. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
4. In "March 14 After the Storm," why does the author go into town again?
5. In "March 20-21 First Tappers," what does the author notice about the squirrels?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)