|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "November 8-9 Jack?" the author observes a group of ravens that he has done what for?
(a) Talked to.
(b) Set out food.
(d) Built a nest.
2. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
3. On what does the author base his conclusions?
(a) On his assumptions.
(b) On his observations.
(c) On previously discovered scientific evidence.
(d) On his experiments.
4. In "Cows," why does the author go into town?
(a) To have a meal at the diner.
(b) To see his son.
(c) To meet with friends.
(d) To buy supplies.
5. What does the author see the squirrels licking?
(a) Some select maple trees.
(b) Their fur.
(c) All the maple trees.
(d) The snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in town, for what does he find a lead?
2. In "March 20-21 First Tappers," what does the author notice about the squirrels?
3. Do they spot deer?
4. Though the weather is still cold in "March 16," the author can see the tracks and furrows of many animals. What does he search for as the sun comes out?
5. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)