|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
(a) He is very sore from chopping wood.
(b) His stove is efficient at cooking food but inefficient at heating his cabin.
(c) He is still in need of more wood.
(d) The wood is filled with insects.
2. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
(a) The deer.
(b) The moth.
(c) The raven.
3. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
4. While in town, for what does he find a lead?
(a) Some dead cattle.
(c) Food supplies.
5. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
(a) Teams of horses and oxen pull heavy loads for a large crowd of spectators.
(b) Chefs make several types of pies for the visitors to try.
(c) The horses compete in dressage.
(d) An artist paints his portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
2. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
3. Why do the squirrels, in particular, fascinate the author?
4. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
5. Though the pair is hunting on election day, the author observes what?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)