|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the squirrels, in particular, fascinate the author?
(a) They are very loud.
(b) They try so hard to stay hidden.
(c) They are very mean.
(d) They are very curious.
2. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
(a) The horses compete in dressage.
(b) An artist paints his portrait.
(c) Teams of horses and oxen pull heavy loads for a large crowd of spectators.
(d) Chefs make several types of pies for the visitors to try.
3. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
4. In "Cows," why does the author go into town?
(a) To have a meal at the diner.
(b) To see his son.
(c) To meet with friends.
(d) To buy supplies.
5. During the author's run, what does he notice?
(a) Snow starting to fall.
(b) The first apple leaves starting to fall.
(c) The leaves have begun to change color.
(d) Several deer in a field.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
2. According to the farmer, how do most people use the dead calves?
3. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
4. On what does the author base his conclusions?
5. Though the pair is hunting on election day, the author observes what?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)