|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the author goes for a walk in his snowshoes, what does he observe?
(a) The tracks of ravens.
(b) The tracks of deer.
(c) The tracks of bears.
(d) The tracks of many different animals.
2. Though the weather is still cold in "March 16," the author can see the tracks and furrows of many animals. What does he search for as the sun comes out?
(a) Kinglet's nests.
(b) Bald eagle's nests.
(c) Robin's nests.
(d) Raven's nests.
3. In "March 20-21 First Tappers," what does the author notice about the squirrels?
(a) They look ill.
(b) Strange behavior.
(c) They look confused.
(d) They are very fat.
4. Why do the squirrels, in particular, fascinate the author?
(a) They are very loud.
(b) They try so hard to stay hidden.
(c) They are very curious.
(d) They are very mean.
5. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
(b) Bike ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. One raven flies close to the author, circles away, and then comes back. At this point, what is the author wondering about?
2. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
3. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
4. The author concluded that the squirrels had developed a way of making ___________.
5. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)