|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
(a) The Earth and the sun.
(b) The Earth and the moon.
(c) The Earth and the rest of the solar system.
(d) The Earth and the stars.
2. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
3. In "March 20-21 First Tappers," what does the author notice about the squirrels?
(a) They look confused.
(b) They are very fat.
(c) Strange behavior.
(d) They look ill.
4. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
(a) The wood is filled with insects.
(b) He is very sore from chopping wood.
(c) He is still in need of more wood.
(d) His stove is efficient at cooking food but inefficient at heating his cabin.
5. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
2. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
3. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
4. On what does the author base his conclusions?
5. One raven flies close to the author, circles away, and then comes back. At this point, what is the author wondering about?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)