|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
(a) See for long distances and observe more of the natural world.
(b) Take a break from watching nature.
(c) Go skiing.
(d) Go deer hunting.
2. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(d) Picking blackberries.
3. In "March 14 After the Storm," why does the author go into town again?
(a) To have breakfast at the diner.
(b) To talk to his friends.
(c) To buy supplies.
(d) To find dead cattle.
4. The author reflects in "October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars" that he is much like whom?
(a) HIs father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
5. One raven flies close to the author, circles away, and then comes back. At this point, what is the author wondering about?
(a) If it is his friend Jack.
(b) If the raven does not like him.
(c) If it is curious about him.
(d) If the raven is scared of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
2. During the author's run, what does he notice?
3. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
4. Though the pair is hunting on election day, the author observes what?
5. In "Trees," the author writes about using trees as _______.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)