|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His aunt.
2. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
(a) His stove is efficient at cooking food but inefficient at heating his cabin.
(b) The wood is filled with insects.
(c) He is still in need of more wood.
(d) He is very sore from chopping wood.
3. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
4. The author decides to make maple syrup with whom?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His students.
5. In "Cows," why does the author go into town?
(a) To see his son.
(b) To meet with friends.
(c) To have a meal at the diner.
(d) To buy supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "March 14 Storm" what is the author beginning to feel?
2. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
3. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
4. Why do the squirrels, in particular, fascinate the author?
5. In "November 8-9 Jack?" the author observes a group of ravens that he has done what for?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)