|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "March 20-21 First Tappers," what does the author notice about the squirrels?
(a) Strange behavior.
(b) They look confused.
(c) They look ill.
(d) They are very fat.
2. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
(a) His stove is efficient at cooking food but inefficient at heating his cabin.
(b) The wood is filled with insects.
(c) He is still in need of more wood.
(d) He is very sore from chopping wood.
3. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
4. The author ponders about the first Native Americans who discovered __________.
(a) How to cook squirrel.
(b) How to make maple syrup.
(c) How to hunt.
(d) How to catch squirrels.
5. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
(a) The way the stars were created.
(b) The sun's power.
(c) The moon's orbit, rise, and set.
(d) The size of the sun versus other stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author act with the townspeople?
2. The author concluded that the squirrels had developed a way of making ___________.
3. What does Stuart win?
4. During the author's run, what does he notice?
5. Do they spot deer?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)