|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does the author base his conclusions?
(a) On his observations.
(b) On previously discovered scientific evidence.
(c) On his assumptions.
(d) On his experiments.
2. Though the pair is hunting on election day, the author observes what?
(a) He feels the need to vote.
(b) He wonders who he would have voted for.
(c) It really has no meaning to them, so removed from the real world.
(d) There are quite a few others out hunting instead of voting.
3. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(d) Picking blackberries.
4. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
(a) The deer.
(b) The moth.
(c) The raven.
5. Why might the squirrels be biting down into the bark?
(a) To eat the bark.
(b) To catch bugs in the bark.
(c) To drill a hole in the bark to make a nest.
(d) To allow the sap to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "March 20-21 First Tappers," what does the author notice about the squirrels?
2. What does the author see the squirrels licking?
3. In "March 14 After the Storm," why does the author go into town again?
4. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
5. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)