|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author ponders about the first Native Americans who discovered __________.
(a) How to make maple syrup.
(b) How to catch squirrels.
(c) How to hunt.
(d) How to cook squirrel.
2. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(c) Picking blackberries.
3. The author concluded that the squirrels had developed a way of making ___________.
(a) Their own maple syrup.
(b) Their own sugar.
(c) Their own nests.
(d) Their own gum.
4. In "March 14 Storm" what is the author beginning to feel?
(b) Cabin fever.
5. The author reflects in "October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars" that he is much like whom?
(a) HIs father.
(b) His wife.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section "Scents and Sounds," to what does the author listen?
2. Why might the squirrels be biting down into the bark?
3. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
4. What is the mood of the people as they stock up for a big storm in "March 13 Storm Warnings"?
5. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)