|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
(a) The author's son Stuart, his daughter Erica, and two friends.
(b) The author's wife.
(c) The author's son Stuart and his daughter Erica.
(d) The author's daughter Erica.
2. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
(a) He is still in need of more wood.
(b) His stove is efficient at cooking food but inefficient at heating his cabin.
(c) The wood is filled with insects.
(d) He is very sore from chopping wood.
3. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
(a) See for long distances and observe more of the natural world.
(b) Go deer hunting.
(c) Take a break from watching nature.
(d) Go skiing.
4. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
(a) The fission theory.
(b) A collision long ago.
(c) The moon being an asteroid.
(d) The coalescing of gas and dust in the creation of the moon.
5. Where do the author and his son go In "Early September"?
(a) The county fair.
(b) The farmer's market.
(c) The state fair.
(d) The art fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author concluded that the squirrels had developed a way of making ___________.
2. The author has another run on "September 18" - this time running a length of __________ miles.
3. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
4. In "March 20-21 First Tappers," what does the author notice about the squirrels?
5. In the section "Scents and Sounds," to what does the author listen?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)