|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the section "August 4 Wanderers" describe?
(a) A powerful storm.
(b) The animals that wander the forest.
(c) The author wandering in the woods.
(d) A heavy rain and the animals who depend on that moisture.
2. Why might the squirrels be biting down into the bark?
(a) To eat the bark.
(b) To allow the sap to escape.
(c) To catch bugs in the bark.
(d) To drill a hole in the bark to make a nest.
3. One raven flies close to the author, circles away, and then comes back. At this point, what is the author wondering about?
(a) If it is curious about him.
(b) If the raven is scared of him.
(c) If it is his friend Jack.
(d) If the raven does not like him.
4. The author watches in fascination as _______________.
(a) An artist paints his portrait.
(b) Chefs make several types of pies for the visitors to try.
(c) Teams of horses and oxen pull heavy loads for a large crowd of spectators.
(d) The horses compete in dressage.
5. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
2. Do they spot deer?
3. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
4. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
5. The author reflects in "October 14 To Find Small Caterpillars" that he is much like whom?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)