|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
2. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
3. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(c) Picking blackberries.
4. The author and his son plant a ______ oak near the cabin.
5. The author notes more evidence of the seasons changing in "August 14 Whispers of Fall." Who comes for a visit?
(a) The author's son Stuart and his daughter Erica.
(b) The author's wife.
(c) The author's son Stuart, his daughter Erica, and two friends.
(d) The author's daughter Erica.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in town, for what does he find a lead?
2. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
3. In "Cows," why does the author go into town?
4. In the section "Scents and Sounds," to what does the author listen?
5. What does Stuart win?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)