|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
2. Now that the leaves have fallen, what can the author do?
(a) Take a break from watching nature.
(b) Go skiing.
(c) Go deer hunting.
(d) See for long distances and observe more of the natural world.
3. On what does the author base his conclusions?
(a) On previously discovered scientific evidence.
(b) On his assumptions.
(c) On his experiments.
(d) On his observations.
4. What does the author reflect on as he gathers bunches of berries?
(a) His marriage.
(b) Earlier months of his stay in the cabin.
(c) His son.
(d) Earlier times in his childhood.
5. What does Stuart win?
(a) A horse.
(b) A painting.
(c) A pumpkin.
(d) A pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Cows," why does the author go into town?
2. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
3. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
4. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
5. Though the weather is still cold in "March 16," the author can see the tracks and furrows of many animals. What does he search for as the sun comes out?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)