|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stuart win?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A horse.
(c) A pig.
(d) A painting.
2. The author concluded that the squirrels had developed a way of making ___________.
(a) Their own nests.
(b) Their own gum.
(c) Their own maple syrup.
(d) Their own sugar.
3. The author smells a scent that triggers a memory of a childhood evening with whom?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His aunt.
4. In "November 8-9 Jack?" the author observes a group of ravens that he has done what for?
(a) Built a nest.
(b) Set out food.
(d) Talked to.
5. How does the author act with the townspeople?
(a) He jokes around with them.
(b) He is pleasant.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He teases them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
2. While in town, for what does he find a lead?
3. In "Habits and Hunts," what has the author given up?
4. One raven flies close to the author, circles away, and then comes back. At this point, what is the author wondering about?
5. As he climbs closer to a bog, he notices not just berries, but also the many _______________ that will later come into season.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)