|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author and a friend who comes to visit one evening make a ___________ cobbler and dance in the moonlight.
2. While in town, for what does he find a lead?
(a) Some dead cattle.
(d) Food supplies.
3. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
(d) Picking blackberries.
4. The author decides to make maple syrup with whom?
(a) His students.
(b) His wife.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His son.
5. In "November 8-9 Jack?" the author observes a group of ravens that he has done what for?
(a) Set out food.
(c) Talked to.
(d) Built a nest.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author tries to draw conclusions about _____________.
2. The author ponders about the first Native Americans who discovered __________.
3. In "August 9-13 Some Berries," the author is in search of some _____________.
4. In the section "Election Time," the author's ______________ is visiting for a deer hunt.
5. The author writes about the delicate relationship between _________.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)