|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cows, Early February, March 13 Storm Warnings, March 14 Storm, March 14 After the Storm, March 16, Spring, March 20-21 First Tappers, March 23, March 25 Birch Seeds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One raven flies close to the author, circles away, and then comes back. At this point, what is the author wondering about?
(a) If it is his friend Jack.
(b) If the raven is scared of him.
(c) If it is curious about him.
(d) If the raven does not like him.
2. What does the author believe is responsible for our changing seasons today?
(a) A collision long ago.
(b) The fission theory.
(c) The moon being an asteroid.
(d) The coalescing of gas and dust in the creation of the moon.
3. In "March 25 Birch Seeds," how many birch seeds are shed by the tree?
4. What does the author begin in "March 23"?
(a) The sugar-making operation.
(b) The squirrel hunt.
(c) The squirrel observations.
(d) The syrup-making operation.
5. During his daily_______, the author sees a web of many tiny caterpillars all flashing together in unison from side to side.
(a) Bike ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Burning Wood," the author writes that he is happy he has cut down so much wood, and it has given him a feeling of accomplishment. Nevertheless, what is he annoyed about?
2. In "Late Summer Ramblings," the author writes about the changing of the seasons and the life cycle of ________.
3. What are the author and his son doing as the section "August 30" begins?
4. When the author goes for a walk in his snowshoes, what does he observe?
5. Why might the squirrels be biting down into the bark?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)