Summer, A Traveling Companion, Adams Hill, Beginnings, Scrap Lumber, The Time of Bird Song
• "The Traveling Companion" begins with the author's description of his journey to his cabin deep in the woods of Maine and his traveling companion Jack, a raven that he took out of the nest when it was still a baby.
"Adams Hill" is a description of the land around the cabin and the family who first settled in the area.
• "Beginnings" deals with the author's goals for the year he will spend in the cabin.
• "Scrap Lumber" describes the author's daily routine of cutting wood and avoiding the biting flies and mosquitoes.
• "The Time of Birdsong" describes the author's all day observations of the different calls and songs of the birds in the area.
The Urgency of Spring, June 12 Early Harvests, Jack, Bedrock, Time
• "The Urgency of Spring" is the story of how plants...
This section contains 2,157 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)