Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
2. When the trial resumes following the brief recess, why does Jake decline to question Rodeheaver?
3. Some of the patrons in the Coffee Shop speculate what about a reporter from the Channel 4 News?
4. When the word gets out that the jury is ready, what does Reverend Agee do with the demonstrators?
5. Where does Deputy Nesbit take Ellen to sleep the night before the trial opens?
Essay Topic 1
Who is identified at "Mickey Mouse" in the Ku Klux Klan? What has this individual attempted to do secretly? Provide several examples of "Mickey Mouse's" success. When did "Mickey Mouse" fail?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the Coffee Shop and Claude's. Who do they cater to? Who are the key figures related to these establishments? Elaborate on the function they serve in John Grisham's story. When does Jake Brigance patronize them and why?
Essay Topic 3
John Grisham is noted for his mastering the writing style with roller coaster peaks and valleys between and within chapters. He also includes sudden twists and turns with brief, intermittent recoveries. Examine how his style in "A Time to Kill," and include examples from the text.
This section contains 1,562 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)