Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
2. When the trial resumes following the brief recess, why does Jake decline to question Rodeheaver?
3. Some of the patrons in the Coffee Shop speculate what about a reporter from the Channel 4 News?
4. When the word gets out that the jury is ready, what does Reverend Agee do with the demonstrators?
5. Where does Deputy Nesbit take Ellen to sleep the night before the trial opens?
Essay Topic 1
John Grisham is noted for his mastering the writing style with roller coaster peaks and valleys between and within chapters. He also includes sudden twists and turns with brief, intermittent recoveries. Examine how his style in "A Time to Kill," and include examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Once the Ku Klux Klan identifies and kills "Mickey Mouse," they no longer have to worry about being "snitched" on. They now are free to roam and wreak havoc without being reported on. Yet there are signs the KKK plans to permanently leave the county. What are these signs? Why do they not stay when they no longer have a "snitch" amongst the KKK brethren? Are there differences between Ford County from Nettles County that are possibly prompting their departure?
Essay Topic 3
One theme that runs through "A Time to Kill" is deciding between the paths of right and wrong where risks are involved due to influence or threat of the KKK. Examine and compare how it is approached by Judge Noose, jury member Barry Acker, and Jake Brigance.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)