Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
2. When the trial resumes following the brief recess, why does Jake decline to question Rodeheaver?
3. Some of the patrons in the Coffee Shop speculate what about a reporter from the Channel 4 News?
4. When the word gets out that the jury is ready, what does Reverend Agee do with the demonstrators?
5. Where does Deputy Nesbit take Ellen to sleep the night before the trial opens?
Essay Topic 1
The theme of legal scales balancing between right and wrong prevails with Barry Acker. What role does he play? What transpires while at the Temple Inn? As the jury continues in attempting to determine a verdict, what happens to Acker in his effort to achieve a decision? What safety precautions does he take? Elaborate in establishing these and other points in this theme.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the Coffee Shop and Claude's. Who do they cater to? Who are the key figures related to these establishments? Elaborate on the function they serve in John Grisham's story. When does Jake Brigance patronize them and why?
Essay Topic 3
One theme that runs through "A Time to Kill" is deciding between the paths of right and wrong where risks are involved due to influence or threat of the KKK. Examine and compare how it is approached by Judge Noose, jury member Barry Acker, and Jake Brigance.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)