|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Jake ask of Ozzie during cross-examination that Buckley wildly objects to and Jake withdraws, but Ozzie has already nodded affirmatively to?
(a) Did either verbally confess prior to death?
(b) Whether either Cobb or Willard signed a confession prior to death?
(c) Whether Pete Willard signed a confession prior to his death?
(d) Did Pete Willard agree to sign a confession for leniency prior to death?
2. When Lucien gets the opportunity to discuss Sisco's offer with Jake, what does he state the cost will be?
(a) $250,000 for a hung jury, $500,000 for an acquital.
(b) $2,500 for a hung jury, $5,000 for an acquittal.
(c) $25,000 for a hung jury, $50,000 for an acquittal.
(d) $50,000 for an acquittal is the only offer.
3. Who do the Northern Mississippi black residents recognize as the single white radical NAACP attorney in their region?
(a) Jake Brigance.
(b) Norman Reinfeld.
(c) Lucien Wilbanks.
(d) Sheldon Roark.
4. Following three hours of sleep on the morning of the trial, Jake bolts awake and has Deputy Nesbit do what?
(a) Take him to Ozzie to review security measures in transporting Carl Lee.
(b) Has him drive him to Lucien's home where he left some documents.
(c) Check the building out as he has heard something suspicious.
(d) Take him home so he can shower and shave.
5. When the trial resumes following the brief recess, why does Jake decline to question Rodeheaver?
(a) He often wins arguments with experts, but is not confident this time.
(b) He has never won an argument with an expert.
(c) He has only once won an argument with an expert.
(d) He rarely wins arguments with experts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back at his office, what does Jake drink while his friends drink margaritas?
2. Where does Reverend Agee spend his time during the trial?
3. Where do Lucien, Harry Rex, and Jake go after talking with Wanda Womack and Mack Loyd Crowell?
4. When Jake has Ellen focus on Dr. Wilbert Rodeheaver, the state's mental expert, he asks her to center on cases where acquittals resulted because he suspects what?
5. How does Carla learn about the all-white jurors in the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transpires as the forty Ku Klux Klansmen arrive to demonstrate at the courthouse where the black protesters held their vigil?
2. Why do the jurors feel more incarcerated than safe?
3. What transpires when Jake requests a change of venue in chambers on Monday, the first day of court?
4. How do Buckley's and Jake's approaches differ?
5. What issues did Lucien face in bringing thousands of black protesters to Clanton?
6. How are the twelve jurors and two alternates sequestered?
7. What transpires when Clyde Acker walks for a cola at the Temple Inn?
8. What does Jake when the National Guard arrive?
9. How do Harry Rex's pickup and Jake's Saab reflect more than a matter of taste, but of personality?
10. Upon arrival at the hospital to visit Ellen following the Ku Klux Klan attack, how does her father describe to Jake and Harry Rex the way she incurred injuries to the head requiring thirty-nine stitches?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)