|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellen has done a masterful job of the M'Naghten brief, summarizing what into seventy-five pages directly applicable to the Hailey trial?
(a) A half century of legal history.
(b) A century and a half of legal history.
(c) A century of legal history.
(d) A quarter century of legal history.
2. Who aids Ellen following her plight?
(b) Deputy Nesbitt.
(d) "Mickey Mouse."
3. The firebomb that ignites Mississippi KKK Imperial Wizard Stump Sisson is thrown from where?.
(a) From within the surrounding crowd.
(b) A slowly passing vehicle.
(c) The 3rd floor of the courthouse.
(d) The 3nd floor of the courthouse.
4. At one point, talk amongst the jurors gradually leads toward a guilty verdict, based essentially on what?
(a) Rape being worthy of life, but not death.
(b) Carl Lee had an option to await the outcome of Cobb's and Willard's trial.
(c) Carl Lee's six days of planning and premeditation.
(d) Carl Lee having used an illegal firearm.
5. What is Lucien's advice to Jake regarding fear?
(a) He should welcome it, as jurors are afraid as well.
(b) Jake has prepared well, and so he need not worry.
(c) Put it out of his mind and concentrate on legal matters.
(d) Take a healty shot of bourbon to calm his nerves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wanda Womack's position?
2. When the word gets out that the jury is ready, what does Reverend Agee do with the demonstrators?
3. On Monday, during the fifteen minute recess after Rodeheaver's testimony, Jake runs up to the law library where Harry Rex is already, and he assures Jake of what?
4. What are the bored jurors doing by the evening of the third day after the phones have been removed from their rooms?
5. On Saturday morning, the day after Jake was shot at, the rumor in Clanton is that the shooters claim to be whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the changes in perspective the Carl Lee Hailey trial has had on Jake?
2. Shortly after midnight, following the riot in the courthouse square, what do five teams of the KKK do?
3. Just past midnight of the day Dr. Bass was questioned, what does Jake discover when driven to his home due to an emergency?
4. What transpires when Clyde Acker walks for a cola at the Temple Inn?
5. What offer does Lucien make to Jake regarding the jury that he objects to?
6. What does Jake do on the balcony of his office after he returns from the Coffee Shop on the day the jurors deliver their verdict?
7. On the second day of the trial, what happens to Gerald Ault, Jake's "ace-in-the-hole"?
8. What transpires as the forty Ku Klux Klansmen arrive to demonstrate at the courthouse where the black protesters held their vigil?
9. On Monday, the first morning of the trial, what positions does Jake direct Ellen and Harry Rex, his two assistants, to assume?
10. What happens when Jake requests a change of venue from Judge Noose following the riot and cross-burnings?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)