|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the night of the second trial date, Stump Sisson dies, bringing the number of deaths related to Tonya's rape to how many?
2. When the jury is impaneled, Jake, Harry Rex, and Ellen are in agreement about what?
(a) They are uncertain about some of the members.
(b) It is much better than expected.
(c) It is not as bad as was expected.
(d) Things do not look well.
3. Who do the Northern Mississippi black residents recognize as the single white radical NAACP attorney in their region?
(a) Jake Brigance.
(b) Norman Reinfeld.
(c) Sheldon Roark.
(d) Lucien Wilbanks.
4. What happens to Ellen on her way to Oxford on the evening of the shooting?
(a) She is intentionally run off the road by a pickup truck.
(b) She is intentionally run off the road by a sedan.
(c) She has a motor vehicle accident.
(d) She is pulled over by a vehicle with flashing blue lights.
5. Buckley's opening statement runs an hour and a half, and Jake's opening is how long?
(a) 14 minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Three quarters of an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the phone rings while Harry Rex and Jake are discussing legal matters on the morning before the trial, what happens?
2. Why is Lucien furious on the morning of the shooting attempt to kill Jake?
3. Do the jurors and alternates attempt to discuss the case in violation of the judge's instructions?
4. How does Jake feel when a patron in the Coffee Shop notes that the black protesters must frighten the jurors?
5. What does Lucien tell Jake regarding the summation?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)