|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following Jake's closing before the jury, he and Lucien are drinking on Lucien's front porch where Deputy Nesbit helps himself to what?
2. What does Lucien tell Jake regarding the summation?
(a) He might get the verdict down to second degree homicide.
(b) He can still win; miracles do happen.
(c) He might be able to get the verdict down to manslaughter.
(d) Nevermind Bass's condition, the jury might still rule temporary insanity.
3. When the jury is impaneled, Jake, Harry Rex, and Ellen are in agreement about what?
(a) Things do not look well.
(b) It is much better than expected.
(c) It is not as bad as was expected.
(d) They are uncertain about some of the members.
4. Where does Reverend Agee spend his time during the trial?
(a) Giving sermons outside court.
(b) Running demonstrations.
(c) Seated behind Hailey's.
(d) Split between being seated in the row behind the Hailey's, and running demonstrations.
5. What happens to Ellen on her way to Oxford on the evening of the shooting?
(a) She is pulled over by a vehicle with flashing blue lights.
(b) She is intentionally run off the road by a sedan.
(c) She has a motor vehicle accident.
(d) She is intentionally run off the road by a pickup truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellen has done a masterful job of the M'Naghten brief, summarizing what into seventy-five pages directly applicable to the Hailey trial?
2. How does Carla learn about the all-white jurors in the case?
3. The firebomb that ignites Mississippi KKK Imperial Wizard Stump Sisson is thrown from where?.
4. In questioning jurors individually in chambers as to their position on the death penalty, one black male lies and is allowed to remain, and he later does what?
5. During the night of the second trial date, Stump Sisson dies, bringing the number of deaths related to Tonya's rape to how many?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)