|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jake addresses the jury, what does he first apologize for?
(a) His inability to be at court on Friday.
(b) Dr. Bass.
(c) Their having to be sequestered.
(d) His mistakes due to inexperience.
2. During the night of the second trial date, Stump Sisson dies, bringing the number of deaths related to Tonya's rape to how many?
3. Why does Jake recognize Gerald Ault as a supporter of black people?
(a) Although a secret few knew, Ault's first girlfriend was black.
(b) Ault was rescued as a boy from drowning by a black person.
(c) Ault was rescued as a boy from a burning building by a black person.
(d) Ault was raised by a black "nanny" until he was in his early teens.
4. When Jake has Ellen focus on Dr. Wilbert Rodeheaver, the state's mental expert, he asks her to center on cases where acquittals resulted because he suspects what?
(a) He has always been siding with the state.
(b) He has some shady connections.
(c) He has never declared a black person "insane."
(d) He is reluctant to declare anyone "insane."
5. Subsequent to Bass's testimony, what does Jake do when the lawyers are summoned to the judge's chambers?
(a) Grabs a shot of bourbon from Lucien's pocket flask.
(b) Has Harry Rex go back to the office and grab a file.
(c) Passes Carl Lee without being able to look at him.
(d) Stops in a restroom enroute and vomits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake not tell Carla about in his hour long phone conversation with her Sunday, the evening of the day he returns from Memphis with Harry Rex?
2. After going to the lake with Harry Rex, Jake visits Lucien and discovers what?
3. As thousands of black protesters congregate outside the courthouse and the jury assembles, Foreman Acker reflects on what?
4. At one point, talk amongst the jurors gradually leads toward a guilty verdict, based essentially on what?
5. How does Carla learn about the all-white jurors in the case?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)