|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In questioning jurors individually in chambers as to their position on the death penalty, one black male lies and is allowed to remain, and he later does what?
(a) Tells women what to say to get off the jury.
(b) Advises others he is not allowed to tell about the questioning.
(c) Advises other blacks what they will be asked and how to answer.
(d) Tells them what to say if they want to get off.
2. Subsequent to Bass's testimony, what does Jake do when the lawyers are summoned to the judge's chambers?
(a) Stops in a restroom enroute and vomits.
(b) Grabs a shot of bourbon from Lucien's pocket flask.
(c) Passes Carl Lee without being able to look at him.
(d) Has Harry Rex go back to the office and grab a file.
3. After going to the lake with Harry Rex, Jake visits Lucien and discovers what?
(a) Lucien is drunk and is working on Jake's summation.
(b) Lucien has been drinking and working on Jake's summation.
(c) Lucien is passed out, but has nearly finished Jake's summation.
(d) Lucien is sober and working on Jake's summation.
4. What questions does Jake ask of Cobb's and Willard's respective mothers during cross-examination?
(a) Has either been convicted of rape?
(b) How many convictions did their sons have respectively?
(c) How many other children their sons raped, was Cobb convicted of selling marijuana?
(d) Jake opted not to cross-examine.
5. Ministers start a parade of black protesters behind a fifteen-foot banner that reads what?
(a) "Free Carl Lee."
(b) "Tonya Is The Victim."
(c) "Carl Lee Was Right."
(d) "Free Carl Lee Hailey."
Short Answer Questions
1. On Monday morning, Clanton is in "trial mode" as the Klan is happy having burned down Jake's home and what else?
2. Early Sunday morning, the day before the trial opens, Jake is awakened on the law office couch by what?
3. When Lucien gets the opportunity to discuss Sisco's offer with Jake, what does he state the cost will be?
4. While Jake and Ellen are working on various issues of the case, whom do they invite to join them on the balcony of the law office?
5. When the word gets out that the jury is ready, what does Reverend Agee do with the demonstrators?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jake's closing argument indicative of it being his finest hour?
2. What happens between Jake and Ellen on the balcony of Jake's office?
3. When the case is given to the jury, where do the members stand?
4. What issues did Lucien face in bringing thousands of black protesters to Clanton?
5. What happens when Ellen first arrives at Jake's office on the Sunday the National Guard arrives?
6. Upon arrival at the hospital to visit Ellen following the Ku Klux Klan attack, how does her father describe to Jake and Harry Rex the way she incurred injuries to the head requiring thirty-nine stitches?
7. In Chapter 37, how does the consumption or abuse of alcohol come into play?
8. On Monday, the first morning of the trial, what positions does Jake direct Ellen and Harry Rex, his two assistants, to assume?
9. What happens on the Saturday morning when "Mickey Mouse" tips Ozzie the Klan plan a multi-state retaliation for the Thursday riot?
10. Why is Jake essentially lost in court the day he returned after being shot at?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)