|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Jake and Harry Rex go to the lake in the latter's pickup truck rather than the former's Saab after going to Memphis to visit the hospital?
(a) They fear the Saab would be a target.
(b) The Saab is having mechanical work done.
(c) Carla used the Saab to drive to Wilmington, and hers is now burned.
(d) Jake has let Carla use it to drive to the airport.
2. Who likely holds the outcome of the Carl Lee trial in the palm of his hand?
(d) The Ford County Klan leader.
3. Why does Jake recognize Gerald Ault as a supporter of black people?
(a) Ault was rescued as a boy from drowning by a black person.
(b) Ault was rescued as a boy from a burning building by a black person.
(c) Ault was raised by a black "nanny" until he was in his early teens.
(d) Although a secret few knew, Ault's first girlfriend was black.
4. What is Clyde Sisco's price?
5. What does Jake not tell Carla about in his hour long phone conversation with her Sunday, the evening of the day he returns from Memphis with Harry Rex?
(a) The house burning.
(b) That the National Guardsman is paralyzed.
(c) That things look very bad.
(d) The attack against Ellen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wanda Womack ask the jury panel to consider to convince them to rule not guilty by reason of insanity?
2. What happens to Ellen on her way to Oxford on the evening of the shooting?
3. When the word gets out that the jury is ready, what does Reverend Agee do with the demonstrators?
4. How does Jake feel when a patron in the Coffee Shop notes that the black protesters must frighten the jurors?
5. What happens when Carl Lee opens a courtroom window with a small balcony and the deputy nods?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)