|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some of the patrons in the Coffee Shop speculate what about a reporter from the Channel 4 News?
(a) The makeup she is wearing.
(b) The source of her information.
(c) If she will report anything positive about Clanton.
(d) Where she received her training.
2. Following three hours of sleep on the morning of the trial, Jake bolts awake and has Deputy Nesbit do what?
(a) Check the building out as he has heard something suspicious.
(b) Take him home so he can shower and shave.
(c) Take him to Ozzie to review security measures in transporting Carl Lee.
(d) Has him drive him to Lucien's home where he left some documents.
3. How does Deputy Looney describe Carl Lee?
(a) "He's a killer. He's worthy of death."
(b) "He's a hero. Give him a trophy."
(c) "It was an accident. But he deserves some prison time."
(d) "For what he did, he deserves life."
4. When the phone rings while Harry Rex and Jake are discussing legal matters on the morning before the trial, what happens?
(a) Jake answers the call and advises the caller the line is tapped.
(b) Jake angrily responds to a hate call and slams the phone down.
(c) Harry Rex humorously deflects a hate call aimed at Jake.
(d) Jake ignores it, allowing it to ring before it finally stops.
5. When the word gets out that the jury is ready, what does Reverend Agee do with the demonstrators?
(a) Stirs the demonstrators, and has them chant "Free Carl Lee."
(b) Calls them to order, and has them sing "We Shall Overcome" calmly.
(c) Attempts to calm the demonstrators with no success.
(d) He calms them to order, and has them pray for an acquittal.
Short Answer Questions
1. At one point, talk amongst the jurors gradually leads toward a guilty verdict, based essentially on what?
2. When Jake has Ellen focus on Dr. Wilbert Rodeheaver, the state's mental expert, he asks her to center on cases where acquittals resulted because he suspects what?
3. When two dozen Klansmen arrive on the first morning of the trial in full regalia, what happens?
4. What happens to Ellen on her way to Oxford on the evening of the shooting?
5. Who else does Jake visit in the Memphis hospital?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)