|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Judge Noose advise the jurors they will be sequestered?
(a) They will not be sequestered, but are not to discuss the case with anyone.
(b) In the Clanton Inn on Main Street.
(c) In a motel outside Clanton.
(d) They will be sequestered in the courthouse with National Guard security.
2. What is Clyde Sisco's price?
3. Some of the patrons in the Coffee Shop speculate what about a reporter from the Channel 4 News?
(a) Where she received her training.
(b) The makeup she is wearing.
(c) If she will report anything positive about Clanton.
(d) The source of her information.
4. On day two of the proceedings, how does the morning begin and where are all the "players" situated?
(a) Muggy and overcast, with some diligently taking places on the front lawn.
(b) Hot and sunny, with all diligently taking places on the front lawn.
(c) Breezy, with even more than before taking spots on the front lawn.
(d) Drizzling and warm, with many diligently taking places on the front lawn.
5. What does Wanda Womack ask the jury panel to consider to convince them to rule not guilty by reason of insanity?
(a) Imagine Tonya as a white girl attacked by two drunk black men.
(b) Consider what the crowd outside will do if he is found guilty.
(c) Consider true justice for a father, not the legal system.
(d) Consider their reaction if their daughter was attacked and beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the urging of his friends, Jake is determined to do what?
2. When the jury is impaneled, Jake, Harry Rex, and Ellen are in agreement about what?
3. During the night of the second trial date, Stump Sisson dies, bringing the number of deaths related to Tonya's rape to how many?
4. When Jake and Harry Rex arrive at the Memphis hospital to visit Ellen, her father, Sheldon Roark, explains what about the injuries to her head that required thirty-nine stitches?
5. On Monday morning, Clanton is in "trial mode" as the Klan is happy having burned down Jake's home and what else?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the Saturday morning when "Mickey Mouse" tips Ozzie the Klan plan a multi-state retaliation for the Thursday riot?
2. What happens when Ellen first arrives at Jake's office on the Sunday the National Guard arrives?
3. Upon arrival at the hospital to visit Ellen following the Ku Klux Klan attack, how does her father describe to Jake and Harry Rex the way she incurred injuries to the head requiring thirty-nine stitches?
4. What happens when Jake requests a change of venue from Judge Noose following the riot and cross-burnings?
5. What are some of the changes in perspective the Carl Lee Hailey trial has had on Jake?
6. On Monday, the first morning of the trial, what positions does Jake direct Ellen and Harry Rex, his two assistants, to assume?
7. How do Harry Rex's pickup and Jake's Saab reflect more than a matter of taste, but of personality?
8. How are the twelve jurors and two alternates sequestered?
9. Why do the jurors feel more incarcerated than safe?
10. On the second day of the trial, what happens to Gerald Ault, Jake's "ace-in-the-hole"?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)