|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Saturday morning, the day after Jake was shot at, the rumor in Clanton is that the shooters claim to be whom?
(a) Sisson family members.
(c) "Freelancers" from outside Mississippi.
(d) Jake's former clients.
2. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
(a) Deputy Nesbit.
(d) A National Guardsman.
3. The night of Stump Sisson's death, the KKK meet in the woods, pledge revenge, and induct how many new Klan members from Ford County?
4. When Jake objects as Lucien broaches the topic of buying a jury, the latter reminds him of what?
(a) He has no morals and can raise the money from friends.
(b) He has few morals and can get money for the hung jury from friends.
(c) He has more money than he cares for and no morals or ethics.
(d) The other side is playing dirty, so Jake needs to as well.
5. Who is the first victim to fall in the riot at the courthouse?
(a) Freddie Cobb.
(b) Reverend Agee.
(c) Ozzie Walls.
(d) Lester Hailey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Jake wished he had not worn ostrich skin boots, Lucien argues what?
2. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
3. While the trio is at lunch on the day of opening statements, and Jake is in the restroom, Ellen describes Jake as the best she has seen, but qualifies that view how?
4. What is the jury's decision?
5. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What transpires when Jake requests a change of venue in chambers on Monday, the first day of court?
2. What are some of the changes in perspective the Carl Lee Hailey trial has had on Jake?
3. When the case is given to the jury, where do the members stand?
4. What does Jake do on the balcony of his office after he returns from the Coffee Shop on the day the jurors deliver their verdict?
5. What happens on the Saturday morning when "Mickey Mouse" tips Ozzie the Klan plan a multi-state retaliation for the Thursday riot?
6. What happens between Jake and Ellen on the balcony of Jake's office?
7. What happens when Jake requests a change of venue from Judge Noose following the riot and cross-burnings?
8. What transpires when Clyde Acker walks for a cola at the Temple Inn?
9. Why is Lucien able to draw thousands of black residents from northern Mississippi to Clanton to demonstrate on behalf of Carl Lee?
10. What issues did Lucien face in bringing thousands of black protesters to Clanton?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)