|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Tonya?
2. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
(a) Lester says he cannot return until the trial.
(b) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with little prompting.
(c) Lester agrees to come back, but not soon.
(d) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with much prompting.
3. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(b) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(c) Join the KKK.
(d) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
4. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
(a) New York.
5. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
(a) When Carl Lee threatens to tell everyone of Agee's dirty dealings.
(b) When Jake threatens to prosecute.
(c) When Ozzie threatens to arrest him.
(d) When Ozzie says he could tell the church of his stolen car, DUI, and funeral home kickbicks.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Jake wakes with a bad hangover, what does he do?
2. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
3. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
4. During their picnic, what is Carl Lee's response when Gwen questions him about his commitment to bring in a few hundred dollars to make ends meet?
5. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a convoy of buses enter Clanton?
2. What sort of relationship exists between Sheriff Ozzie Walls and Jake Brigance?
3. What is the trajectory of Judge Omar Noose's career that has led him to his current status?
4. What observations on the part of Jake's secretary irritate him to the point he advises her to keep quiet or quit?
5. How does K.T. "Cat" Bruster's view of truth and justice compare with Carl Lee's?
6. Why does Judge Noose impose a gag order?
7. What is Ellen Roark's response to Jake when he quizzes her on her credentials?
8. Why does the name of Clyde Sisco cause some stir during Jake's jury strategy team session in Chapter 29?
9. What is a significant plot development in Chapter 5?
10. What do readers learn about Jake Brigance in Chapter 8?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)