|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Judge Noose, what is the largest media problem?
(a) Lawyers refusing to be interviewed.
(b) Two attorneys squabbling publically.
(c) Two attorneys fighting for the same spotlight.
(d) Attorneys revealing too much information.
2. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
3. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
(b) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
(c) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
(d) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
4. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
(a) He feels killing both situations were equally necessary.
(b) He feels worse about the killing in Mississippi.
(c) He feels worse about the killing in Vietnam.
(d) He regrets the killing in Clanton.
5. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
(a) His father's favorite hunting rifles.
(b) His father's favorite secretary, Ethel Twitty.
(c) His father's entire legal staff.
(d) A brank new Ford Mustang.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Tonya?
2. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
3. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
4. How does Ozzie determine what is in the ticking case the stranger has brought to the front porch of of Jake's home?
5. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of relationship exists between Sheriff Ozzie Walls and Jake Brigance?
2. How does K.T. "Cat" Bruster's view of truth and justice compare with Carl Lee's?
3. What sort of a lawman is Sheriff Ozzie Walls?
4. What is the trajectory of Judge Omar Noose's career that has led him to his current status?
5. What does the reader learn in the dialogue between Carl Lee Hailey and Jake Brigance in Chapter 4?
6. What transpires between Carl Lee and Deputy Looney while the latter is still hospitalized, and how does Jake respond?
7. What sort of a lawyer is Jake Brigance?
8. What observations on the part of Jake's secretary irritate him to the point he advises her to keep quiet or quit?
9. Who does Billy Ray Cobb's brother, Freddie, approach in seeking revenge, and what is the result?
10. What does the reader learn about the Ford County District Attorney in Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)