|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The firebomb that ignites Mississippi KKK Imperial Wizard Stump Sisson is thrown from where?.
(a) A slowly passing vehicle.
(b) From within the surrounding crowd.
(c) The 3nd floor of the courthouse.
(d) The 3rd floor of the courthouse.
2. While they await the jury's verdict from Jake's office, what does Lucien confirm as he spins tales regarding his family's heritage?
(a) Ethel is his mother.
(b) As a teen, his family paid his first love's family to move away.
(c) Ethel's retarded son is his half-brother.
(d) Ethel's daughter was Lucien's half-sister who died shortly after birth.
3. Where does Deputy Nesbit take Ellen to sleep the night before the trial opens?
(a) The Sheriff's Departmment.
(b) She stays at Jakes office suite.
(c) The Clanton Inn.
4. At 5:00 a.m. Harry Rex arrives with biscuit sandwiches sent by Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop, and he discusses with Jake:
(a) Prospects for a temporary insanity plea.
(b) Potential jurors once again.
(c) His motion for change of venue.
(d) Ellen Roark's credentials.
5. When the trial resumes following the brief recess, why does Jake decline to question Rodeheaver?
(a) He has never won an argument with an expert.
(b) He has only once won an argument with an expert.
(c) He often wins arguments with experts, but is not confident this time.
(d) He rarely wins arguments with experts.
6. As thousands of black protesters congregate outside the courthouse and the jury assembles, Foreman Acker reflects on what?
(a) How the other members of the jury will be voting.
(b) If he should report the threat to Sheriff Walls.
(c) Where the thugs who jumped him are from.
(d) How many others had, like him, been threatened.
7. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
(a) The Klan plan to shoot him and Carl Lee in court today.
(b) The Klan plan to kill Jake on the day of Stump Sisson's funeral.
(c) The Klan plan again to blow up Jake's home.
(d) The Klan plan to bomb his office.
8. Why is Lucien furious on the morning of the shooting attempt to kill Jake?
(a) He has kept Dr. Bass sober all night and his testimony will be postponed.
(b) That someone has attempted to take Jake's life.
(c) The National Guard did not check out the silo amongst other locations.
(d) The National Guard colonel waited before senting someone to check.
9. Amongst some of the questions Buckley asks regarding Bass's identity, what is the crime Buckley ask Bass has been convicted of?
(a) Driving Under the Influence.
(b) Statutory Rape.
10. Where does Reverend Agee spend his time during the trial?
(a) Running demonstrations.
(b) Seated behind Hailey's.
(c) Split between being seated in the row behind the Hailey's, and running demonstrations.
(d) Giving sermons outside court.
11. What questions does Jake ask of Cobb's and Willard's respective mothers during cross-examination?
(a) Jake opted not to cross-examine.
(b) Has either been convicted of rape?
(c) How many other children their sons raped, was Cobb convicted of selling marijuana?
(d) How many convictions did their sons have respectively?
12. Looking out a window at the black protesters, Barry Acker realizes a guilty verdict will bring a riot and what will transpire?
(a) They will reach the vans safely.
(b) They will make it out of town with the help of additional National Guard troops.
(c) They will not reach the bus safely.
(d) They will be not be injured.
13. Who has previously witnessed a KKK march in Clanton?
(a) One march in the very early 60's.
(b) No one now alive.
(c) Only some very elderly.
(d) Those alive in the 30's.
14. On Saturday morning, the day after Jake was shot at, the rumor in Clanton is that the shooters claim to be whom?
(a) "Freelancers" from outside Mississippi.
(b) Jake's former clients.
(c) Sisson family members.
15. What does Wanda Womack ask the jury panel to consider to convince them to rule not guilty by reason of insanity?
(a) Imagine Tonya as a white girl attacked by two drunk black men.
(b) Consider what the crowd outside will do if he is found guilty.
(c) Consider their reaction if their daughter was attacked and beaten.
(d) Consider true justice for a father, not the legal system.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the night of the second trial date, Stump Sisson dies, bringing the number of deaths related to Tonya's rape to how many?
2. Why do Jake and Harry Rex go to the lake in the latter's pickup truck rather than the former's Saab after going to Memphis to visit the hospital?
3. How does Hinky Myrick raise money during the Carl Lee trial?
4. Do the jurors and alternates attempt to discuss the case in violation of the judge's instructions?
5. Jake knows Judge Noose will feel how about the National Guard being called in?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)