|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ellen on her way to Oxford on the evening of the shooting?
(a) She has a motor vehicle accident.
(b) She is pulled over by a vehicle with flashing blue lights.
(c) She is intentionally run off the road by a sedan.
(d) She is intentionally run off the road by a pickup truck.
2. The night of Stump Sisson's death, the KKK meet in the woods, pledge revenge, and induct how many new Klan members from Ford County?
3. As thousands of black protesters congregate outside the courthouse and the jury assembles, Foreman Acker reflects on what?
(a) How the other members of the jury will be voting.
(b) If he should report the threat to Sheriff Walls.
(c) Where the thugs who jumped him are from.
(d) How many others had, like him, been threatened.
4. Who has previously witnessed a KKK march in Clanton?
(a) No one now alive.
(b) Only some very elderly.
(c) Those alive in the 30's.
(d) One march in the very early 60's.
5. The firebomb that ignites Mississippi KKK Imperial Wizard Stump Sisson is thrown from where?.
(a) From within the surrounding crowd.
(b) The 3nd floor of the courthouse.
(c) The 3rd floor of the courthouse.
(d) A slowly passing vehicle.
6. On Monday morning, Clanton is in "trial mode" as the Klan is happy having burned down Jake's home and what else?
(a) They sense victory with the attack on Ellen Roark.
(b) They sense victory with Jake not coming to court on Friday.
(c) They sense victoy with the all-white jury.
(d) They sense victory following the exposure of Bass.
7. After going to the lake with Harry Rex, Jake visits Lucien and discovers what?
(a) Lucien is drunk and is working on Jake's summation.
(b) Lucien is sober and working on Jake's summation.
(c) Lucien is passed out, but has nearly finished Jake's summation.
(d) Lucien has been drinking and working on Jake's summation.
8. Why is Carl Lee aghast when the jury is finally seated?
(a) It is all-white, 10 women and 2 men, only 1 black of 2 alternates.
(b) It is all-white, 11 women and 1 man, only 1 black of 2 alternates.
(c) It is all-white, 9 women and 3 men, only 1 black of 2 alternates.
(d) It is all-white, 12 women and no men, only 1 black of 2 alternates.
9. Back at his office, what does Jake drink while his friends drink margaritas?
10. Who does Jake learn Wanda Womack lives with?
(a) Percy Bullard.
(b) Clyde Sisco.
(c) Willie Hastings.
(d) Mack Loyd Crowell.
11. When Jake addresses the jury, what does he first apologize for?
(a) His inability to be at court on Friday.
(b) His mistakes due to inexperience.
(c) Dr. Bass.
(d) Their having to be sequestered.
12. Looking out a window at the black protesters, Barry Acker realizes a guilty verdict will bring a riot and what will transpire?
(a) They will be not be injured.
(b) They will reach the vans safely.
(c) They will not reach the bus safely.
(d) They will make it out of town with the help of additional National Guard troops.
13. What does Lucien tell Jake regarding the summation?
(a) He can still win; miracles do happen.
(b) Nevermind Bass's condition, the jury might still rule temporary insanity.
(c) He might be able to get the verdict down to manslaughter.
(d) He might get the verdict down to second degree homicide.
14. Some of the patrons in the Coffee Shop speculate what about a reporter from the Channel 4 News?
(a) If she will report anything positive about Clanton.
(b) Where she received her training.
(c) The makeup she is wearing.
(d) The source of her information.
15. When Jake objects as Lucien broaches the topic of buying a jury, the latter reminds him of what?
(a) He has more money than he cares for and no morals or ethics.
(b) The other side is playing dirty, so Jake needs to as well.
(c) He has no morals and can raise the money from friends.
(d) He has few morals and can get money for the hung jury from friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clyde Sisco's price?
2. Where does Reverend Agee spend his time during the trial?
3. Who likely holds the outcome of the Carl Lee trial in the palm of his hand?
4. Given the National Guard activity the day prior to the trial opening, Jake advises Ellen he will be forced to renew his plea for change of venue, ask for a mistrial, and then be certain of what?
5. What does Jake say to the judge after Ozzie explains what has taken place to Noose?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)