|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has previously witnessed a KKK march in Clanton?
(a) One march in the very early 60's.
(b) No one now alive.
(c) Those alive in the 30's.
(d) Only some very elderly.
2. In questioning jurors individually in chambers as to their position on the death penalty, one black male lies and is allowed to remain, and he later does what?
(a) Tells them what to say if they want to get off.
(b) Advises others he is not allowed to tell about the questioning.
(c) Advises other blacks what they will be asked and how to answer.
(d) Tells women what to say to get off the jury.
3. Who aids Ellen following her plight?
(b) "Mickey Mouse."
(c) Deputy Nesbitt.
4. Following Jake's closing before the jury, he and Lucien are drinking on Lucien's front porch where Deputy Nesbit helps himself to what?
5. Although Jake wished he had not worn ostrich skin boots, Lucien argues what?
(a) Ostrich skin boots reflected style.
(b) The jury would relate to boots.
(c) The boots were expensive and showed class.
(d) The boots went well with Bass's suit
6. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
(a) The Klan plan to bomb his office.
(b) The Klan plan again to blow up Jake's home.
(c) The Klan plan to kill Jake on the day of Stump Sisson's funeral.
(d) The Klan plan to shoot him and Carl Lee in court today.
7. Back at his office, what does Jake drink while his friends drink margaritas?
8. Where does Reverend Agee spend his time during the trial?
(a) Seated behind Hailey's.
(b) Giving sermons outside court.
(c) Running demonstrations.
(d) Split between being seated in the row behind the Hailey's, and running demonstrations.
9. Ellen explains that it will be impossible to keep what from the jury?
(a) The gory pictures of Willard and Cobb's bodies.
(b) The fact that Deputy Looney was shot and lost a leg.
(c) Carl Lee's apologizing to Deputy Looney.
(d) The M-16 automatic rifle.
10. During the trial on the fifth day, Lucien avoids eye contact with Sisco for what reason?
(a) He is confident there is a good chance for victory.
(b) He wants to barter with Sisco on the price.
(c) He knows a wink or nod will consummate the deal.
(d) He knows there is no way to get the figure Sisco has set.
11. Where does Deputy Nesbit take Ellen to sleep the night before the trial opens?
(a) The Clanton Inn.
(c) The Sheriff's Departmment.
(d) She stays at Jakes office suite.
12. After going to the lake with Harry Rex, Jake visits Lucien and discovers what?
(a) Lucien is passed out, but has nearly finished Jake's summation.
(b) Lucien is drunk and is working on Jake's summation.
(c) Lucien is sober and working on Jake's summation.
(d) Lucien has been drinking and working on Jake's summation.
13. On Saturday morning following the shooting attack he survived, Jake surmises that both Lucien and Bass were drunk yesterday and driven home by Deputy Nesbit, and while he drinks a Bloody Mary, Jake prays what?
(a) That his motion for a mistrial will be accepted.
(b) That Carl Lee can get off.
(c) That Dr. Bass is sober for court.
(d) That nothing worse takes place.
14. What question does Jake ask of Ozzie during cross-examination that Buckley wildly objects to and Jake withdraws, but Ozzie has already nodded affirmatively to?
(a) Did either verbally confess prior to death?
(b) Whether Pete Willard signed a confession prior to his death?
(c) Whether either Cobb or Willard signed a confession prior to death?
(d) Did Pete Willard agree to sign a confession for leniency prior to death?
15. The firebomb that ignites Mississippi KKK Imperial Wizard Stump Sisson is thrown from where?.
(a) From within the surrounding crowd.
(b) The 3rd floor of the courthouse.
(c) The 3nd floor of the courthouse.
(d) A slowly passing vehicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some of the patrons in the Coffee Shop speculate what about a reporter from the Channel 4 News?
2. Looking out a window at the black protesters, Barry Acker realizes a guilty verdict will bring a riot and what will transpire?
3. Why is Lucien furious on the morning of the shooting attempt to kill Jake?
4. When the word gets out that the jury is ready, what does Reverend Agee do with the demonstrators?
5. The night of Stump Sisson's death, the KKK meet in the woods, pledge revenge, and induct how many new Klan members from Ford County?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)