|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake knows Judge Noose will feel how about the National Guard being called in?
(a) Wishing he had been consulted, but not upset.
(b) Furious that he was not consulted.
(c) Understanding it is the mayor's job to ensure city safety, not the judge's.
(d) Glad that another measure to ensure safety was taken.
2. When Jake seeks a change of venue from Judge Noose and is told nothing would be done except removing 20 intimidated jurors, Jake learns what?
(a) Someone did not get to the judge, but others have been gotten to.
(b) It is going to be a very uphill trial.
(c) He can use the refusal to change venue for a mistrial if necessary.
(d) Lucien is right, someone got to Judge Noose.
3. What is Lucien's advice to Jake regarding fear?
(a) Put it out of his mind and concentrate on legal matters.
(b) Take a healty shot of bourbon to calm his nerves.
(c) He should welcome it, as jurors are afraid as well.
(d) Jake has prepared well, and so he need not worry.
4. Although Jake wished he had not worn ostrich skin boots, Lucien argues what?
(a) The boots were expensive and showed class.
(b) The jury would relate to boots.
(c) Ostrich skin boots reflected style.
(d) The boots went well with Bass's suit
5. Where do Lucien, Harry Rex, and Jake go after talking with Wanda Womack and Mack Loyd Crowell?
(a) The Hailey's.
(c) Jake's office.
(d) The Lake.
6. Following Jake's closing before the jury, he and Lucien are drinking on Lucien's front porch where Deputy Nesbit helps himself to what?
7. Buckley's opening statement runs an hour and a half, and Jake's opening is how long?
(a) Three quarters of an hour.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) One hour.
(d) 14 minutes.
8. Where does Reverend Agee spend his time during the trial?
(a) Running demonstrations.
(b) Split between being seated in the row behind the Hailey's, and running demonstrations.
(c) Seated behind Hailey's.
(d) Giving sermons outside court.
9. What does Wanda Womack ask the jury panel to consider to convince them to rule not guilty by reason of insanity?
(a) Imagine Tonya as a white girl attacked by two drunk black men.
(b) Consider true justice for a father, not the legal system.
(c) Consider what the crowd outside will do if he is found guilty.
(d) Consider their reaction if their daughter was attacked and beaten.
10. What question does Jake ask of Ozzie during cross-examination that Buckley wildly objects to and Jake withdraws, but Ozzie has already nodded affirmatively to?
(a) Whether either Cobb or Willard signed a confession prior to death?
(b) Did either verbally confess prior to death?
(c) Did Pete Willard agree to sign a confession for leniency prior to death?
(d) Whether Pete Willard signed a confession prior to his death?
11. While Jake and Ellen are working on various issues of the case, whom do they invite to join them on the balcony of the law office?
(b) Ozzie Walls.
(c) Harry Rex.
(d) Deputy Nesbit.
12. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
(b) A National Guardsman.
(d) Deputy Nesbit.
13. On Saturday morning, the day after Jake was shot at, the rumor in Clanton is that the shooters claim to be whom?
(a) Jake's former clients.
(b) Sisson family members.
(d) "Freelancers" from outside Mississippi.
14. After going to the lake with Harry Rex, Jake visits Lucien and discovers what?
(a) Lucien is sober and working on Jake's summation.
(b) Lucien has been drinking and working on Jake's summation.
(c) Lucien is passed out, but has nearly finished Jake's summation.
(d) Lucien is drunk and is working on Jake's summation.
15. What is Wanda Womack's position?
(a) She would only vote guilty if everyone else did.
(b) She did not feel right about a guilty vote, but would if necessary.
(c) She would sit until Christmas, but never give in to a guilty verdict.
(d) She is concerned for the safety of everyone and is not sure how to vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the riot erupts, what is each Klansman armed with?
2. How does Deputy Looney describe Carl Lee?
3. When Jake has Ellen focus on Dr. Wilbert Rodeheaver, the state's mental expert, he asks her to center on cases where acquittals resulted because he suspects what?
4. Where does Judge Noose advise the jurors they will be sequestered?
5. What are the bored jurors doing by the evening of the third day after the phones have been removed from their rooms?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)