|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Monday morning, Clanton is in "trial mode" as the Klan is happy having burned down Jake's home and what else?
(a) They sense victory with the attack on Ellen Roark.
(b) They sense victoy with the all-white jury.
(c) They sense victory following the exposure of Bass.
(d) They sense victory with Jake not coming to court on Friday.
2. Why is Lucien furious on the morning of the shooting attempt to kill Jake?
(a) The National Guard colonel waited before senting someone to check.
(b) He has kept Dr. Bass sober all night and his testimony will be postponed.
(c) The National Guard did not check out the silo amongst other locations.
(d) That someone has attempted to take Jake's life.
3. Jake knows Judge Noose will feel how about the National Guard being called in?
(a) Understanding it is the mayor's job to ensure city safety, not the judge's.
(b) Wishing he had been consulted, but not upset.
(c) Furious that he was not consulted.
(d) Glad that another measure to ensure safety was taken.
4. What questions does Jake ask of Cobb's and Willard's respective mothers during cross-examination?
(a) Jake opted not to cross-examine.
(b) How many other children their sons raped, was Cobb convicted of selling marijuana?
(c) Has either been convicted of rape?
(d) How many convictions did their sons have respectively?
5. What does Lucien tell Jake regarding the summation?
(a) Nevermind Bass's condition, the jury might still rule temporary insanity.
(b) He might get the verdict down to second degree homicide.
(c) He can still win; miracles do happen.
(d) He might be able to get the verdict down to manslaughter.
6. What is Wanda Womack's position?
(a) She did not feel right about a guilty vote, but would if necessary.
(b) She would only vote guilty if everyone else did.
(c) She would sit until Christmas, but never give in to a guilty verdict.
(d) She is concerned for the safety of everyone and is not sure how to vote.
7. Who does Jake learn Wanda Womack lives with?
(a) Willie Hastings.
(b) Clyde Sisco.
(c) Mack Loyd Crowell.
(d) Percy Bullard.
8. During the night of the second trial date, Stump Sisson dies, bringing the number of deaths related to Tonya's rape to how many?
9. While the trio is at lunch on the day of opening statements, and Jake is in the restroom, Ellen describes Jake as the best she has seen, but qualifies that view how?
(a) "Given his experience."
(b) "Considering how nervous he is."
(c) "Considering his law school."
(d) "For his age."
10. On Saturday morning, the day after Jake was shot at, the rumor in Clanton is that the shooters claim to be whom?
(a) Jake's former clients.
(c) Sisson family members.
(d) "Freelancers" from outside Mississippi.
11. When the word gets out that the jury is ready, what does Reverend Agee do with the demonstrators?
(a) Stirs the demonstrators, and has them chant "Free Carl Lee."
(b) Calls them to order, and has them sing "We Shall Overcome" calmly.
(c) He calms them to order, and has them pray for an acquittal.
(d) Attempts to calm the demonstrators with no success.
12. During the trial on the fifth day, Lucien avoids eye contact with Sisco for what reason?
(a) He knows a wink or nod will consummate the deal.
(b) He wants to barter with Sisco on the price.
(c) He is confident there is a good chance for victory.
(d) He knows there is no way to get the figure Sisco has set.
13. The night of Stump Sisson's death, the KKK meet in the woods, pledge revenge, and induct how many new Klan members from Ford County?
14. What question does Jake ask of Ozzie during cross-examination that Buckley wildly objects to and Jake withdraws, but Ozzie has already nodded affirmatively to?
(a) Did either verbally confess prior to death?
(b) Did Pete Willard agree to sign a confession for leniency prior to death?
(c) Whether either Cobb or Willard signed a confession prior to death?
(d) Whether Pete Willard signed a confession prior to his death?
15. Where does Deputy Nesbit take Ellen to sleep the night before the trial opens?
(a) The Sheriff's Departmment.
(c) The Clanton Inn.
(d) She stays at Jakes office suite.
Short Answer Questions
1. At 5:00 a.m. Harry Rex arrives with biscuit sandwiches sent by Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop, and he discusses with Jake:
2. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
3. Who is the first victim to fall in the riot at the courthouse?
4. While they await the jury's verdict from Jake's office, what does Lucien confirm as he spins tales regarding his family's heritage?
5. What happens to Ellen on her way to Oxford on the evening of the shooting?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)