|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
(a) State Attorney.
(c) District Judge.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
(a) To a zoo.
(b) On a picnic.
(c) Kite flying.
3. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
(a) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with little prompting.
(b) Lester says he cannot return until the trial.
(c) Lester agrees to come back, but not soon.
(d) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with much prompting.
4. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(b) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(c) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
(d) To get at least one black jury member.
5. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
(a) A .45 caliber semi-automatic.
(b) An automatic AK-47.
(c) An automatic M-1 carbine.
(d) An automatic M-16.
6. Why does the name of Clyde Sisco cause some stir during the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team?
(a) Lucien tells how he "bought" Sisco in a previous case.
(b) Lucien says Sisco owes him, as he got him off of prior charges.
(c) Lucien states Sisco is one of few whites at Tank's Tonk.
(d) Lucien says Sisco is white, but has a daughter with a black girlfriend.
7. After Jake wakes with a bad hangover, what does he do?
(a) Falls on the sofa in his office and wishes he could die.
(b) Falls asleep at his desk.
(c) Sips a large cup of coffee and goes to work.
(d) Sits in the shower for an hour.
8. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
(a) He regrets the killing in Clanton.
(b) He feels worse about the killing in Mississippi.
(c) He feels worse about the killing in Vietnam.
(d) He feels killing both situations were equally necessary.
9. After Jake tells Ethel to shut up or quit when she informs him about his $4,000 in unpaid bills, less than $1,900 in the bank, and his failure to see clients or drop off promised files, what does she do?
(a) She firmly states he could find no replacement to last a week.
(b) She tearfully explains about the threatening phone calls, and her husband's ill health.
(c) She yells she has put up with his childishness long enough.
(d) She angrily responds by throwing papers and storming out.
10. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) No parole.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 25 years.
11. On the morning of the day he first meets Ellen, what is it Jake recalls Carla could tell during their phone conversation the night before?
(a) That he was tired and had not gotten enough sleep.
(b) That he was still in his office and eating takeout food.
(c) That he was drunk.
(d) That he had jut awoken from a deep sleep.
12. What is the temperature at Reverend Agee's rally?
(a) 70 degrees.
(b) 80 degrees.
(c) 90 degrees.
(d) 100 degrees.
13. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Prosecutor.
(b) Ford County Judge.
(c) Ford County Sheriff.
(d) Tavern owner.
14. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(b) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(c) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(d) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
15. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Play his harmonica.
(b) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
(c) Light a cigar.
(d) Have a cup of coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
2. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
3. What are the six capital defense attorneys of the NAACP known as?
4. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
5. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)