|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tonya restrained with while being raped?
(a) Nylon rope.
(b) Swing-set chain.
(c) Electrical cord.
(d) Cotton rope.
2. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
(a) He feels worse about the killing in Vietnam.
(b) He feels killing both situations were equally necessary.
(c) He regrets the killing in Clanton.
(d) He feels worse about the killing in Mississippi.
3. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
(a) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with little prompting.
(b) Lester says he cannot return until the trial.
(c) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with much prompting.
(d) Lester agrees to come back, but not soon.
4. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 40 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
5. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
(b) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
(c) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(d) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
6. How does Ozzie determine what is in the ticking case the stranger has brought to the front porch of of Jake's home?
(a) He threatens to shoot both of his knees.
(b) Ozzie breaks both of the man's ankles.
(c) He handcuffs the man to the gas meter and places the case between his legs.
(d) He threatens to break his ankles.
7. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
(a) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(b) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired pediatrician.
(c) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
(d) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychologist.
8. According to Judge Noose, what is the largest media problem?
(a) Two attorneys fighting for the same spotlight.
(b) Two attorneys squabbling publically.
(c) Lawyers refusing to be interviewed.
(d) Attorneys revealing too much information.
9. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
10. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
(a) Kite flying.
(c) To a zoo.
(d) On a picnic.
11. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) District Judge.
(d) State Attorney.
12. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
13. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
14. What does Sheriff Walls testify during the change of venue hearing?
(a) Most Ford County citizens know most of the rape and murder facts, and have not made their minds up.
(b) There are not 12 Ford County citizens that don't have all the rape and murder facts, and their minds are made up.
(c) The majority of Ford County citizens know all the rape and murder facts, and have their minds made up.
(d) Virtually all Ford County citizens don't know all the rape and murder facts, but have their minds made up.
15. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
2. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
3. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
4. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
5. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)