|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
(a) An armful of firewood.
(b) A bag of groceries.
(c) Her school books.
(d) A basket of fish and a pole.
2. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(b) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(c) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(d) Join the KKK.
3. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(c) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
4. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
(a) 180 days to prepare.
(b) 90 days to prepare.
(c) 120 days to prepare.
(d) 60 days to prepare.
5. What do the participants chant at the rally?
(a) "Free Carl Lee."
(b) "We want a just trial."
(c) "We will overcome."
(d) "Amazing grace."
6. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
(a) His father's favorite hunting rifles.
(b) His father's favorite secretary, Ethel Twitty.
(c) His father's entire legal staff.
(d) A brank new Ford Mustang.
7. What have local attorneys dubbed Judge Omar Noose?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(b) Yogi Bear.
(d) Abe Lincoln.
8. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
9. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
(a) Percy Bullard.
(b) Rufus Buckley.
(c) Gwen Hailey.
(d) Ethel Twitty.
10. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
(a) Champagne, 1.
(b) Iris, 2.
(c) Iris, 1.
(d) Frances, 1.
11. According to Judge Noose, what is the largest media problem?
(a) Two attorneys squabbling publically.
(b) Two attorneys fighting for the same spotlight.
(c) Attorneys revealing too much information.
(d) Lawyers refusing to be interviewed.
12. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
(a) She could not convict.
(b) It would be hard to convict.
(c) She would have to convict.
(d) She would have to convict of a lesser charge.
13. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
(a) He is not respected nor loved by many black or white residents.
(b) He is respected and loved by virtually all, both black and white residents.
(c) He is respected and loved by black residents primarily, not white residents.
(d) He is respected and loved by white residents primarily, not black residents.
14. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
(d) New York.
15. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
(a) She has repeatedly been late to work and taken long lunch breaks.
(b) She has allowed calls to come to his office phone before 8:30 a.m.
(c) She has allowed someone to await his return in his office.
(d) She has brought individuals to his office before advising of their presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
2. After Jake wakes with a bad hangover, what does he do?
3. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
4. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
5. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)