|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
(a) Both are in favor.
(b) Both are opposed.
(c) Lucien is in favor, Harry Rex is opposed.
(d) Harry Rex is in favor, Lucien is opposed.
2. What does Tonya, who suffers from endless nightmares and is certain that her attackers are after her, insist on?
(a) That every light in the home stay on all night, and her brothers sleep outside her door.
(b) That her mother sleep with her, and her brothers sleep outside her bedroom door.
(c) That one of her brothers sleep outside her bedroom, and the other sit under her window.
(d) That Deputy Willie Hastings, Tonya's uncle, sit under her bedroom window.
3. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
4. Who is Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop?
(a) Susie Lynn.
5. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
(a) Seated in her Uncle Lester's lap.
(b) She is afraid and is not present.
(c) Seated in her mama's lap.
(d) Seated in her daddy's lap.
6. What are the six capital defense attorneys of the NAACP known as?
(a) The "defense squad."
(b) The "always win team."
(c) The "last chance squad."
(d) The "death squad."
7. On the morning of the day he first meets Ellen, what is it Jake recalls Carla could tell during their phone conversation the night before?
(a) That he had jut awoken from a deep sleep.
(b) That he was tired and had not gotten enough sleep.
(c) That he was drunk.
(d) That he was still in his office and eating takeout food.
8. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
(a) Carl Lee states he does not trust Jake, but trusts the Shark less.
(b) Carl Lee admits he trusts Jake, and wants his services.
(c) Carl Lee persists he is only following Lester's request.
(d) Carl Lee states the Sheriff has convinced him Jake is a good choice.
9. How does Ozzie get the bomb defused?
(a) He handcuffs the man to the gas meter and puts the ticking case between his legs.
(b) He calls for an explosives expert at the Sheriff's Department.
(c) He has the case carefully taken to a secluded section of woods.
(d) He calls for an explosives expert in the next county to be helicoptered in.
10. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
(a) A most affluent, honest lifestyle.
(b) A moderate, but borderline dishonest lifestyle.
(c) A most affluent, dishonest lifestyle.
(d) A moderate, but totally honest lifestyle.
11. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
(a) He is respected and loved by virtually all, both black and white residents.
(b) He is not respected nor loved by many black or white residents.
(c) He is respected and loved by black residents primarily, not white residents.
(d) He is respected and loved by white residents primarily, not black residents.
12. How old is Tonya?
13. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(b) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(c) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(d) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
14. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
(a) Maintain a candlelight vigil surrounding the courthouse.
(b) Maintain a prayer vigil at local black churches.
(c) Maintain a candlelight vigil surrounding the jail.
(d) Maintain a candlelight vigil surrounding the courthouse and jail.
15. Norman Reinfeld, the thirty-year-old Jewish supervisor of the NAACP defense team, graduated from which law school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
2. Days before the trial, Gwen Hailey calls Jake and informs him she is behind on house payments, the utilities might be shut off, and has only received how much from the church council?
3. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
4. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
5. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)