|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 40 minutes.
2. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
(a) The manager asked him to because he represented Carl Lee and business was down.
(b) Since being fired, he regrets the TV footage, and wants to avoid locals.
(c) He had a bad breakfast there one morning and got sick.
(d) He got into an argument with his favorite waitress.
3. During their picnic, what is Carl Lee's response when Gwen questions him about his commitment to bring in a few hundred dollars to make ends meet?
(a) He reminds her he is still the man of the family.
(b) He states he is doing the best he can.
(c) He firmly repeats that he will see what he can do.
(d) He remains silent.
4. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(b) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(c) Listens to classical music.
(d) Drinks vodka.
5. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
6. What is the temperature at Reverend Agee's rally?
(a) 100 degrees.
(b) 80 degrees.
(c) 70 degrees.
(d) 90 degrees.
7. How old is Tonya?
8. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(c) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
9. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
(a) Carl Lee states he does not trust Jake, but trusts the Shark less.
(b) Carl Lee admits he trusts Jake, and wants his services.
(c) Carl Lee states the Sheriff has convinced him Jake is a good choice.
(d) Carl Lee persists he is only following Lester's request.
10. Why does the name of Clyde Sisco cause some stir during the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team?
(a) Lucien tells how he "bought" Sisco in a previous case.
(b) Lucien states Sisco is one of few whites at Tank's Tonk.
(c) Lucien says Sisco owes him, as he got him off of prior charges.
(d) Lucien says Sisco is white, but has a daughter with a black girlfriend.
11. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
12. What does Jake Brigance drive?
(a) A Saab.
(b) A Jaguar.
(c) A Rolls-Royce.
(d) A BMW.
13. How much does the NAACP initially contribute toward the defense of Carl Lee?
14. What is Jake's view of insurance companies and their lawyers?
(a) Jake is jealous and wishes he could be one.
(b) Jake hates them both.
(c) Jake has defended the insurance side and sees the need.
(d) Jake understands the need for them, but does not like them.
15. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
(a) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(b) Lights an expensive Cuban cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(c) Lights an expensive Caribbean cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(d) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
Short Answer Questions
1. Days before the trial, Gwen Hailey calls Jake and informs him she is behind on house payments, the utilities might be shut off, and has only received how much from the church council?
2. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
3. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
4. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
5. What does Ozzie do after he is tipped off three minutes after midnight on July 12 that the Brigance home is to be blown up within three hours?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)