|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
(a) He is respected and loved by virtually all, both black and white residents.
(b) He is respected and loved by black residents primarily, not white residents.
(c) He is respected and loved by white residents primarily, not black residents.
(d) He is not respected nor loved by many black or white residents.
2. Carla and Jake, raised as Baptist and Methodist respectively, have agreed to become what?
3. How does Ozzie determine what is in the ticking case the stranger has brought to the front porch of of Jake's home?
(a) He threatens to break his ankles.
(b) He threatens to shoot both of his knees.
(c) He handcuffs the man to the gas meter and places the case between his legs.
(d) Ozzie breaks both of the man's ankles.
4. At the city's largest black church, with NAACP officials and Gwen Hailey at his side, who announces the Carl Lee Hailey defense fund?
(a) Reverend Ollie Agee.
(b) Reverend Amos Oliver.
(c) Pastor Malachi Aristotle.
(d) Pastor Oster Angel.
5. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
(a) A basket of fish and a pole.
(b) An armful of firewood.
(c) Her school books.
(d) A bag of groceries.
6. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
(b) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(c) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
(d) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
7. Where does Ellen sleep after the jury strategy session is over and Jake is followed home by Deputy Nesbit?
(a) With a friend of Jake and Carla.
(b) In a motor lodge.
(c) In the Clanton Inn.
(d) On the office couch.
8. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
(a) Gwen Hailey.
(b) Percy Bullard.
(c) Rufus Buckley.
(d) Ethel Twitty.
9. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) State Attorney.
(d) District Judge.
10. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
(a) He needs to leave, but will be back for his trial.
(b) He will remain as long as is needed.
(c) He has to leave now.
(d) He needs to leave and will return when he is able.
11. What have local attorneys dubbed Judge Omar Noose?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(b) Yogi Bear.
(c) Abe Lincoln.
12. Who is Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop?
(b) Susie Lynn.
13. What is Tonya restrained with while being raped?
(a) Electrical cord.
(b) Swing-set chain.
(c) Nylon rope.
(d) Cotton rope.
14. Since Jake insists he will not be a "gofer" for the NAACP, what is the response when Carl Lee asks what will happen to the $20,000 defense fund if he uses only Jake?
(a) The $20,000 only accompanies the NAACP defense team.
(b) Only a small portion will go to the Hailey family support fund.
(c) He will receive it all.
(d) He will only receive half.
15. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
(a) He feels worse about the killing in Vietnam.
(b) He regrets the killing in Clanton.
(c) He feels worse about the killing in Mississippi.
(d) He feels killing both situations were equally necessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
2. After her refusal to give the juror list to Jake, what does Jean Gillespie do when he reminds her of previously helping with her family and her reelection?
3. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
4. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
5. What does Sheriff Walls testify during the change of venue hearing?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)