|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jake objects as Lucien broaches the topic of buying a jury, the latter reminds him of what?
(a) He has more money than he cares for and no morals or ethics.
(b) He has no morals and can raise the money from friends.
(c) The other side is playing dirty, so Jake needs to as well.
(d) He has few morals and can get money for the hung jury from friends.
2. Subsequent to Bass's testimony, what does Jake do when the lawyers are summoned to the judge's chambers?
(a) Passes Carl Lee without being able to look at him.
(b) Grabs a shot of bourbon from Lucien's pocket flask.
(c) Has Harry Rex go back to the office and grab a file.
(d) Stops in a restroom enroute and vomits.
3. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
(a) Harry Rex is in favor, Lucien is opposed.
(b) Both are opposed.
(c) Both are in favor.
(d) Lucien is in favor, Harry Rex is opposed.
4. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
5. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
(a) Jake Brigance.
(b) Lester Hailey.
(c) Lucien Wilbanks.
(d) Carl Lee Hailey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the riot quelled?
2. What are the bored jurors doing by the evening of the third day after the phones have been removed from their rooms?
3. While the trio is at lunch on the day of opening statements, and Jake is in the restroom, Ellen describes Jake as the best she has seen, but qualifies that view how?
4. On the evening before the trial begins, Ellen arrives at Jake's office suite carrying a thick, professional brief regarding the rape admissibility issue and begins to do what?
5. Following Jake's closing before the jury, he and Lucien are drinking on Lucien's front porch where Deputy Nesbit helps himself to what?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)