|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
(b) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(c) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
(d) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
2. Why do Jake and Harry Rex go to the lake in the latter's pickup truck rather than the former's Saab after going to Memphis to visit the hospital?
(a) The Saab is having mechanical work done.
(b) Jake has let Carla use it to drive to the airport.
(c) Carla used the Saab to drive to Wilmington, and hers is now burned.
(d) They fear the Saab would be a target.
3. When Jake addresses the jury, what does he first apologize for?
(a) His inability to be at court on Friday.
(b) Their having to be sequestered.
(c) Dr. Bass.
(d) His mistakes due to inexperience.
4. Who is Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop?
(c) Susie Lynn.
5. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
(a) Kite flying.
(b) To a zoo.
(c) On a picnic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction to the press conference?
2. On the evening before the trial begins, Ellen arrives at Jake's office suite carrying a thick, professional brief regarding the rape admissibility issue and begins to do what?
3. How does Ozzie get the bomb defused?
4. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
5. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)