|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
(a) Carla has received more threats and asks him to.
(b) Cat Bruster convinces him to do so.
(c) He has an argument with Jake.
(d) Jake could not get him out on bond.
2. Carla and Jake, raised as Baptist and Methodist respectively, have agreed to become what?
3. How does Carla learn about the all-white jurors in the case?
(a) She reads about them in the newspaper.
(b) She hears about them during a radio news broadcast.
(c) She learns about them during a TV newsbroadcast.
(d) She learns about them during a phone call with Jake.
4. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
5. What does Jake not tell Carla about in his hour long phone conversation with her Sunday, the evening of the day he returns from Memphis with Harry Rex?
(a) The house burning.
(b) The attack against Ellen.
(c) That the National Guardsman is paralyzed.
(d) That things look very bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake Brigance drive?
2. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
3. What is Clyde Sisco's price?
4. What is the jury's decision?
5. How is the riot quelled?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)