|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) No parole.
(d) 13 years.
2. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Judge.
(b) Ford County Prosecutor.
(c) Tavern owner.
(d) Ford County Sheriff.
3. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(b) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
(c) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
(d) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
4. What happens when Carl Lee opens a courtroom window with a small balcony and the deputy nods?
(a) Carl Lee has second thoughts for safety, and watches inside from the window.
(b) Carl Lee steps onto the balcony, and can see KKK on their "turf."
(c) Carl Lee steps onto the balcony, waves, and the crowd surges.
(d) Carl Lee, Tonya, and the boys step onto the balcony, wave, and the crowd surges.
5. While Jake and Ellen are working on various issues of the case, whom do they invite to join them on the balcony of the law office?
(a) Harry Rex.
(b) Ozzie Walls.
(d) Deputy Nesbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
2. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
3. Norman Reinfeld, the thirty-year-old Jewish supervisor of the NAACP defense team, graduated from which law school?
4. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
5. When Jake seeks a change of venue from Judge Noose and is told nothing would be done except removing 20 intimidated jurors, Jake learns what?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)