|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
(a) He feels worse about the killing in Mississippi.
(b) He feels killing both situations were equally necessary.
(c) He feels worse about the killing in Vietnam.
(d) He regrets the killing in Clanton.
2. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
(a) Instructs the county courtroom deputy, Mr. Pate, to throw them out.
(b) Grants them permission so long as they do not interfere with proceedings.
(c) Advises they may only film inside the courtroom, they may not broadcast.
(d) Advises they may film, but it will all be reviewed by the county prosecutor.
3. Who is Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop?
(a) Susie Lynn.
4. Given the National Guard activity the day prior to the trial opening, Jake advises Ellen he will be forced to renew his plea for change of venue, ask for a mistrial, and then be certain of what?
(a) The trial is being held in violation of Mississippi State Statues.
(b) A fair trial is not being held.
(c) The record shows that the trial is being held in "a three-ring circus."
(d) Judge Noose is clearly not taking an impartial position.
5. Who has previously witnessed a KKK march in Clanton?
(a) Only some very elderly.
(b) No one now alive.
(c) Those alive in the 30's.
(d) One march in the very early 60's.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their picnic, what is Carl Lee's response when Gwen questions him about his commitment to bring in a few hundred dollars to make ends meet?
2. What does Ozzie do after he is tipped off three minutes after midnight on July 12 that the Brigance home is to be blown up within three hours?
3. What are the bored jurors doing by the evening of the third day after the phones have been removed from their rooms?
4. Early Sunday morning, the day before the trial opens, Jake is awakened on the law office couch by what?
5. Looking out a window at the black protesters, Barry Acker realizes a guilty verdict will bring a riot and what will transpire?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)