|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
(a) An armful of firewood.
(b) Her school books.
(c) A basket of fish and a pole.
(d) A bag of groceries.
2. The firebomb that ignites Mississippi KKK Imperial Wizard Stump Sisson is thrown from where?.
(a) From within the surrounding crowd.
(b) A slowly passing vehicle.
(c) The 3rd floor of the courthouse.
(d) The 3nd floor of the courthouse.
3. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
(a) The Klan plan to bomb his office.
(b) The Klan plan again to blow up Jake's home.
(c) The Klan plan to kill Jake on the day of Stump Sisson's funeral.
(d) The Klan plan to shoot him and Carl Lee in court today.
4. Who is the first victim to fall in the riot at the courthouse?
(a) Freddie Cobb.
(b) Lester Hailey.
(c) Reverend Agee.
(d) Ozzie Walls.
5. Norman Reinfeld, the thirty-year-old Jewish supervisor of the NAACP defense team, graduated from which law school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clanton doing to prepare for the national spotlight a week before the Carl Lee trial?
2. During their picnic, what is Carl Lee's response when Gwen questions him about his commitment to bring in a few hundred dollars to make ends meet?
3. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
4. While they await the jury's verdict from Jake's office, what does Lucien confirm as he spins tales regarding his family's heritage?
5. What are the six capital defense attorneys of the NAACP known as?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)