|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Tonya?
2. Ministers start a parade of black protesters behind a fifteen-foot banner that reads what?
(a) "Carl Lee Was Right."
(b) "Free Carl Lee."
(c) "Tonya Is The Victim."
(d) "Free Carl Lee Hailey."
3. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Listens to classical music.
(b) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(c) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(d) Drinks vodka.
4. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 40 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
5. What is Jake's view of insurance companies and their lawyers?
(a) Jake understands the need for them, but does not like them.
(b) Jake has defended the insurance side and sees the need.
(c) Jake is jealous and wishes he could be one.
(d) Jake hates them both.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
2. Where does Deputy Nesbit take Ellen to sleep the night before the trial opens?
3. When the trial resumes following the brief recess, why does Jake decline to question Rodeheaver?
4. When the word gets out that the jury is ready, what does Reverend Agee do with the demonstrators?
5. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)