|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At noon, when the court assembles and finds the jury has not reached a verdict, the judge advises them to do what?
(a) Take an hour lunch without deliberation.
(b) Take a ninety-minute lunch without deliberation.
(c) Have lunch while they continue deliberation.
(d) Skip lunch and continue deliberation.
2. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
(a) Percy Bullard.
(b) Gwen Hailey.
(c) Rufus Buckley.
(d) Ethel Twitty.
3. Looking out a window at the black protesters, Barry Acker realizes a guilty verdict will bring a riot and what will transpire?
(a) They will not reach the bus safely.
(b) They will make it out of town with the help of additional National Guard troops.
(c) They will be not be injured.
(d) They will reach the vans safely.
4. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
(a) Seated in her mama's lap.
(b) Seated in her daddy's lap.
(c) Seated in her Uncle Lester's lap.
(d) She is afraid and is not present.
5. When Jake objects as Lucien broaches the topic of buying a jury, the latter reminds him of what?
(a) The other side is playing dirty, so Jake needs to as well.
(b) He has few morals and can get money for the hung jury from friends.
(c) He has no morals and can raise the money from friends.
(d) He has more money than he cares for and no morals or ethics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
2. Who is Rocky Childers?
3. As thousands of black protesters congregate outside the courthouse and the jury assembles, Foreman Acker reflects on what?
4. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
5. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)