|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
(a) He had a bad breakfast there one morning and got sick.
(b) He got into an argument with his favorite waitress.
(c) Since being fired, he regrets the TV footage, and wants to avoid locals.
(d) The manager asked him to because he represented Carl Lee and business was down.
2. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(b) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(c) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(d) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
3. What does Sheriff Walls testify during the change of venue hearing?
(a) Most Ford County citizens know most of the rape and murder facts, and have not made their minds up.
(b) There are not 12 Ford County citizens that don't have all the rape and murder facts, and their minds are made up.
(c) Virtually all Ford County citizens don't know all the rape and murder facts, but have their minds made up.
(d) The majority of Ford County citizens know all the rape and murder facts, and have their minds made up.
4. What is Jake's view of insurance companies and their lawyers?
(a) Jake is jealous and wishes he could be one.
(b) Jake has defended the insurance side and sees the need.
(c) Jake understands the need for them, but does not like them.
(d) Jake hates them both.
5. What is the reaction to the press conference?
(a) Primarily on TV news, and little in the newspapers.
(b) It is a TV news hit, and the Hailey family photo appears on the front page.
(c) It is a short clip on the 10:00 p.m. broadcast, and a short column with no photo in the back pages.
(d) Nothing local, only in Jackson, Memphis, Atlanta and elsewhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ozzie get the bomb defused?
2. The night of Stump Sisson's death, the KKK meet in the woods, pledge revenge, and induct how many new Klan members from Ford County?
3. When two dozen Klansmen arrive on the first morning of the trial in full regalia, what happens?
4. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
5. When Jake objects as Lucien broaches the topic of buying a jury, the latter reminds him of what?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)