|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
(a) Iris, 1.
(b) Iris, 2.
(c) Champagne, 1.
(d) Frances, 1.
2. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
(a) He feels worse about the killing in Vietnam.
(b) He regrets the killing in Clanton.
(c) He feels killing both situations were equally necessary.
(d) He feels worse about the killing in Mississippi.
3. What questions does Jake ask of Cobb's and Willard's respective mothers during cross-examination?
(a) How many convictions did their sons have respectively?
(b) Has either been convicted of rape?
(c) How many other children their sons raped, was Cobb convicted of selling marijuana?
(d) Jake opted not to cross-examine.
4. When the word gets out that the jury is ready, what does Reverend Agee do with the demonstrators?
(a) Calls them to order, and has them sing "We Shall Overcome" calmly.
(b) Stirs the demonstrators, and has them chant "Free Carl Lee."
(c) Attempts to calm the demonstrators with no success.
(d) He calms them to order, and has them pray for an acquittal.
5. While Jake and Ellen are working on various issues of the case, whom do they invite to join them on the balcony of the law office?
(a) Deputy Nesbit.
(b) Harry Rex.
(d) Ozzie Walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake say to the judge after Ozzie explains what has taken place to Noose?
2. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
3. Who is the first victim to fall in the riot at the courthouse?
4. Who is Rocky Childers?
5. After going to the lake with Harry Rex, Jake visits Lucien and discovers what?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)