|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
(b) Have a cup of coffee.
(c) Light a cigar.
(d) Play his harmonica.
2. On the evening before the trial begins, Ellen arrives at Jake's office suite carrying a thick, professional brief regarding the rape admissibility issue and begins to do what?
(a) Make margaritas.
(b) Make coffee.
(c) Make copies of the brief.
(d) Provide an overview of the issue.
3. At noon, when the court assembles and finds the jury has not reached a verdict, the judge advises them to do what?
(a) Have lunch while they continue deliberation.
(b) Take an hour lunch without deliberation.
(c) Skip lunch and continue deliberation.
(d) Take a ninety-minute lunch without deliberation.
4. When Jake informs Ellen of the threats received by phone, the bombing attempt, and other dangers the job may entail, what is her response?
(a) She changes her mind and leaves town.
(b) She is not afraid and will take her chances.
(c) She will rely on the Sheriff's Department to protect as needed.
(d) That she carries licensed, snub-nose protection in her purse.
5. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
(a) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(b) Lights an expensive Cuban cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(c) Lights an expensive Caribbean cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(d) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
2. Why do Jake and Harry Rex go to the lake in the latter's pickup truck rather than the former's Saab after going to Memphis to visit the hospital?
3. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
4. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
5. What questions does Jake ask of Cobb's and Willard's respective mothers during cross-examination?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)