|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first victim to fall in the riot at the courthouse?
(a) Ozzie Walls.
(b) Freddie Cobb.
(c) Lester Hailey.
(d) Reverend Agee.
2. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(b) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(c) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(d) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
3. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) As his ticket to the big time.
(b) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(c) An opportunity to earn money.
(d) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
4. What is Tonya restrained with while being raped?
(a) Swing-set chain.
(b) Cotton rope.
(c) Nylon rope.
(d) Electrical cord.
5. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) No parole.
(d) 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the evening before the trial begins, Ellen arrives at Jake's office suite carrying a thick, professional brief regarding the rape admissibility issue and begins to do what?
2. How do the members of the council of black ministers arrive for strategic planning regarding the NAACP defense of Carl Lee?
3. What happens to Ellen on her way to Oxford on the evening of the shooting?
4. On Monday morning, Clanton is in "trial mode" as the Klan is happy having burned down Jake's home and what else?
5. During the night of the second trial date, Stump Sisson dies, bringing the number of deaths related to Tonya's rape to how many?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)