|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
(a) When Ozzie says he could tell the church of his stolen car, DUI, and funeral home kickbicks.
(b) When Jake threatens to prosecute.
(c) When Carl Lee threatens to tell everyone of Agee's dirty dealings.
(d) When Ozzie threatens to arrest him.
2. While Jake and Ellen are working on various issues of the case, whom do they invite to join them on the balcony of the law office?
(a) Harry Rex.
(b) Deputy Nesbit.
(d) Ozzie Walls.
3. At the city's largest black church, with NAACP officials and Gwen Hailey at his side, who announces the Carl Lee Hailey defense fund?
(a) Pastor Oster Angel.
(b) Reverend Ollie Agee.
(c) Pastor Malachi Aristotle.
(d) Reverend Amos Oliver.
4. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(b) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
(c) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
(d) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
5. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
(a) He is respected and loved by virtually all, both black and white residents.
(b) He is respected and loved by white residents primarily, not black residents.
(c) He is not respected nor loved by many black or white residents.
(d) He is respected and loved by black residents primarily, not white residents.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the riot erupts, what is each Klansman armed with?
2. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
3. Days before the trial, Gwen Hailey calls Jake and informs him she is behind on house payments, the utilities might be shut off, and has only received how much from the church council?
4. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
5. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)