|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
(a) He feels worse about the killing in Mississippi.
(b) He feels worse about the killing in Vietnam.
(c) He regrets the killing in Clanton.
(d) He feels killing both situations were equally necessary.
2. When a juror is jumped by thugs at the Temple Inn, how is he threatened?
(a) At knifepoint; they know where his family is if there is no conviction.
(b) At gunpoint; they know where his family is if there is no conviction.
(c) One house has burned; his family's could too if there is no conviction.
(d) At knifepoint; he will watch his family die if there is no conviction.
3. On day two of the proceedings, how does the morning begin and where are all the "players" situated?
(a) Hot and sunny, with all diligently taking places on the front lawn.
(b) Muggy and overcast, with some diligently taking places on the front lawn.
(c) Drizzling and warm, with many diligently taking places on the front lawn.
(d) Breezy, with even more than before taking spots on the front lawn.
4. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
(a) Lights an expensive Cuban cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(b) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(c) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(d) Lights an expensive Caribbean cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
5. When Jake has Ellen focus on Dr. Wilbert Rodeheaver, the state's mental expert, he asks her to center on cases where acquittals resulted because he suspects what?
(a) He has never declared a black person "insane."
(b) He has always been siding with the state.
(c) He is reluctant to declare anyone "insane."
(d) He has some shady connections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake knows Judge Noose will feel how about the National Guard being called in?
2. Where does Reverend Agee spend his time during the trial?
3. What does Ozzie do after he is tipped off three minutes after midnight on July 12 that the Brigance home is to be blown up within three hours?
4. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
5. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)