|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) No parole.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
(a) They might not indict.
(b) They might find he was temporarily insane.
(c) They might rule it took place in the heat of the moment.
(d) They might not be able to come to a decision.
3. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(b) To get at least one black jury member.
(c) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(d) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
4. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
(a) A most affluent, honest lifestyle.
(b) A most affluent, dishonest lifestyle.
(c) A moderate, but totally honest lifestyle.
(d) A moderate, but borderline dishonest lifestyle.
5. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
(b) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
(c) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
(d) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
2. What does Jake Brigance drive?
3. When Jake seeks a change of venue from Judge Noose and is told nothing would be done except removing 20 intimidated jurors, Jake learns what?
4. Following three hours of sleep on the morning of the trial, Jake bolts awake and has Deputy Nesbit do what?
5. Subsequent to Bass's testimony, what does Jake do when the lawyers are summoned to the judge's chambers?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)