|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At 5:00 a.m. Harry Rex arrives with biscuit sandwiches sent by Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop, and he discusses with Jake:
(a) Prospects for a temporary insanity plea.
(b) His motion for change of venue.
(c) Ellen Roark's credentials.
(d) Potential jurors once again.
2. Who has previously witnessed a KKK march in Clanton?
(a) One march in the very early 60's.
(b) No one now alive.
(c) Only some very elderly.
(d) Those alive in the 30's.
3. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(b) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(c) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(d) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
4. Jake knows Judge Noose will feel how about the National Guard being called in?
(a) Wishing he had been consulted, but not upset.
(b) Furious that he was not consulted.
(c) Glad that another measure to ensure safety was taken.
(d) Understanding it is the mayor's job to ensure city safety, not the judge's.
5. Who is the first victim to fall in the riot at the courthouse?
(a) Ozzie Walls.
(b) Freddie Cobb.
(c) Reverend Agee.
(d) Lester Hailey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lucien's advice to Jake regarding fear?
2. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
3. Who is Rocky Childers?
4. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
5. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)