|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
(a) Lester Hailey.
(b) Lucien Wilbanks.
(c) Jake Brigance.
(d) Carl Lee Hailey.
2. As the riot erupts, what is each Klansman armed with?
(a) A knife.
(b) A handgun.
(c) A nightstick.
(d) A broken bottle.
3. What is the temperature at Reverend Agee's rally?
(a) 80 degrees.
(b) 90 degrees.
(c) 100 degrees.
(d) 70 degrees.
4. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
(a) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
(b) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(c) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychologist.
(d) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired pediatrician.
5. As the Mississippi Imperial Wizard of the Klan speaks from the podium, there are 40 Klansmen marching at the courthouse and how many black people?
(a) Black people outnumber the Klan 15-1.
(b) Black people outnumber the Klan 5-1.
(c) Black people outnumber the Klan 2-1.
(d) Black people outnumber the Klan 10-1.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ozzie do after he is tipped off three minutes after midnight on July 12 that the Brigance home is to be blown up within three hours?
2. What happens to Ellen on her way to Oxford on the evening of the shooting?
3. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
4. While the trio is at lunch on the day of opening statements, and Jake is in the restroom, Ellen describes Jake as the best she has seen, but qualifies that view how?
5. When Jake informs Ellen of the threats received by phone, the bombing attempt, and other dangers the job may entail, what is her response?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)