|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucien's advice to Jake regarding fear?
(a) Take a healty shot of bourbon to calm his nerves.
(b) Put it out of his mind and concentrate on legal matters.
(c) Jake has prepared well, and so he need not worry.
(d) He should welcome it, as jurors are afraid as well.
2. After her refusal to give the juror list to Jake, what does Jean Gillespie do when he reminds her of previously helping with her family and her reelection?
(a) Jean is not concerned.
(b) Jean refuses and apologizes, but says that she has no alternative.
(c) Jean is sorry Jake storms out, but feels he will calm down.
(d) She still refuses, and cries after Jake storms out.
3. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(b) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(c) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(d) Join the KKK.
4. Who has previously witnessed a KKK march in Clanton?
(a) Those alive in the 30's.
(b) No one now alive.
(c) Only some very elderly.
(d) One march in the very early 60's.
5. When Jake informs Ellen of the threats received by phone, the bombing attempt, and other dangers the job may entail, what is her response?
(a) She is not afraid and will take her chances.
(b) She will rely on the Sheriff's Department to protect as needed.
(c) She changes her mind and leaves town.
(d) That she carries licensed, snub-nose protection in her purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
2. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
3. During the night of the second trial date, Stump Sisson dies, bringing the number of deaths related to Tonya's rape to how many?
4. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
5. What is the jury's decision?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)