|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tonya, who suffers from endless nightmares and is certain that her attackers are after her, insist on?
(a) That every light in the home stay on all night, and her brothers sleep outside her door.
(b) That one of her brothers sleep outside her bedroom, and the other sit under her window.
(c) That Deputy Willie Hastings, Tonya's uncle, sit under her bedroom window.
(d) That her mother sleep with her, and her brothers sleep outside her bedroom door.
2. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
(a) Tenements of Memphis.
(b) Deserts of Afghanistan.
(c) Rice patties of Vietnam.
(d) Back alleys of Chicago.
3. Who aids Ellen following her plight?
(b) "Mickey Mouse."
(c) Deputy Nesbitt.
4. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
(a) 60 days to prepare.
(b) 180 days to prepare.
(c) 90 days to prepare.
(d) 120 days to prepare.
5. When Jake informs Ellen of the threats received by phone, the bombing attempt, and other dangers the job may entail, what is her response?
(a) She changes her mind and leaves town.
(b) That she carries licensed, snub-nose protection in her purse.
(c) She is not afraid and will take her chances.
(d) She will rely on the Sheriff's Department to protect as needed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
2. What do the participants chant at the rally?
3. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
4. When Bo Marsharfsky calls requesting Jake to be his local associate, what is his response?
5. While the trio is at lunch on the day of opening statements, and Jake is in the restroom, Ellen describes Jake as the best she has seen, but qualifies that view how?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)