|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
(a) Champagne, 1.
(b) Iris, 2.
(c) Frances, 1.
(d) Iris, 1.
2. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(b) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(c) Listens to classical music.
(d) Drinks vodka.
3. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
(a) The local AA director.
(b) The schoolboard members.
(c) Parents of young children.
(d) The local ministers.
4. At the city's largest black church, with NAACP officials and Gwen Hailey at his side, who announces the Carl Lee Hailey defense fund?
(a) Reverend Ollie Agee.
(b) Pastor Malachi Aristotle.
(c) Pastor Oster Angel.
(d) Reverend Amos Oliver.
5. After her refusal to give the juror list to Jake, what does Jean Gillespie do when he reminds her of previously helping with her family and her reelection?
(a) Jean refuses and apologizes, but says that she has no alternative.
(b) Jean is sorry Jake storms out, but feels he will calm down.
(c) She still refuses, and cries after Jake storms out.
(d) Jean is not concerned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carla learn about the all-white jurors in the case?
2. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
3. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
4. At 5:00 a.m. Harry Rex arrives with biscuit sandwiches sent by Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop, and he discusses with Jake:
5. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)