|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early Sunday morning, the day before the trial opens, Jake is awakened on the law office couch by what?
(a) Ellen knocking persistently on the office door.
(b) Large, national TV vehicles vying for best position around Clanton Square.
(c) Sounds of the National Guard taking position in Clanton Square.
(d) The telephone continuosly ringing.
2. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
(a) Back alleys of Chicago.
(b) Deserts of Afghanistan.
(c) Rice patties of Vietnam.
(d) Tenements of Memphis.
3. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(b) As his ticket to the big time.
(c) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(d) An opportunity to earn money.
4. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
(b) A National Guardsman.
(c) Deputy Nesbit.
5. Days before the trial, Gwen Hailey calls Jake and informs him she is behind on house payments, the utilities might be shut off, and has only received how much from the church council?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reverend Agee spend his time during the trial?
2. Subsequent to Bass's testimony, what does Jake do when the lawyers are summoned to the judge's chambers?
3. As the riot erupts, what is each Klansman armed with?
4. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
5. Where does Ellen sleep after the jury strategy session is over and Jake is followed home by Deputy Nesbit?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)