|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clyde Sisco's price?
2. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
(a) Jake could not get him out on bond.
(b) Cat Bruster convinces him to do so.
(c) Carla has received more threats and asks him to.
(d) He has an argument with Jake.
3. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
(a) He regrets the killing in Clanton.
(b) He feels killing both situations were equally necessary.
(c) He feels worse about the killing in Vietnam.
(d) He feels worse about the killing in Mississippi.
4. When Jake informs Ellen of the threats received by phone, the bombing attempt, and other dangers the job may entail, what is her response?
(a) She changes her mind and leaves town.
(b) She is not afraid and will take her chances.
(c) She will rely on the Sheriff's Department to protect as needed.
(d) That she carries licensed, snub-nose protection in her purse.
5. How do the members of the council of black ministers arrive for strategic planning regarding the NAACP defense of Carl Lee?
(a) In Saabs and BMWs.
(b) In their Cadillacs and Lincolns.
(c) In Chevrolets and Dodges.
(d) Primarily in modest-priced vehicles.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Mississippi Imperial Wizard of the Klan speaks from the podium, there are 40 Klansmen marching at the courthouse and how many black people?
2. What does Ozzie do after he is tipped off three minutes after midnight on July 12 that the Brigance home is to be blown up within three hours?
3. How does Carla learn about the all-white jurors in the case?
4. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
5. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)