|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
(a) He needs to leave and will return when he is able.
(b) He will remain as long as is needed.
(c) He needs to leave, but will be back for his trial.
(d) He has to leave now.
2. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) No parole.
3. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
(a) When Jake threatens to prosecute.
(b) When Carl Lee threatens to tell everyone of Agee's dirty dealings.
(c) When Ozzie says he could tell the church of his stolen car, DUI, and funeral home kickbicks.
(d) When Ozzie threatens to arrest him.
4. Early Sunday morning, the day before the trial opens, Jake is awakened on the law office couch by what?
(a) Sounds of the National Guard taking position in Clanton Square.
(b) Ellen knocking persistently on the office door.
(c) Large, national TV vehicles vying for best position around Clanton Square.
(d) The telephone continuosly ringing.
5. Why is Carl Lee aghast when the jury is finally seated?
(a) It is all-white, 10 women and 2 men, only 1 black of 2 alternates.
(b) It is all-white, 12 women and no men, only 1 black of 2 alternates.
(c) It is all-white, 11 women and 1 man, only 1 black of 2 alternates.
(d) It is all-white, 9 women and 3 men, only 1 black of 2 alternates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
2. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
3. Although Jake wished he had not worn ostrich skin boots, Lucien argues what?
4. How does Deputy Looney describe Carl Lee?
5. How does Carla learn about the all-white jurors in the case?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)