|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
2. What is Lucien's advice to Jake regarding fear?
(a) Jake has prepared well, and so he need not worry.
(b) Put it out of his mind and concentrate on legal matters.
(c) He should welcome it, as jurors are afraid as well.
(d) Take a healty shot of bourbon to calm his nerves.
3. What is Jake's view of insurance companies and their lawyers?
(a) Jake understands the need for them, but does not like them.
(b) Jake has defended the insurance side and sees the need.
(c) Jake hates them both.
(d) Jake is jealous and wishes he could be one.
4. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
(a) Reflecting on how he can help Carl Lee pay for legal services.
(b) Reflecting on how he got off.
(c) Reflecting on his failing marriage.
(d) Reflecting on how he will get Carl Lee to rehire Jake.
5. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
(b) Deputy Nesbit.
(d) A National Guardsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ellen sleep after the jury strategy session is over and Jake is followed home by Deputy Nesbit?
2. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
3. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
4. According to Judge Noose, what is the largest media problem?
5. Why does Jake recognize Gerald Ault as a supporter of black people?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)