|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
(a) An automatic M-1 carbine.
(b) An automatic AK-47.
(c) An automatic M-16.
(d) A .45 caliber semi-automatic.
2. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
(b) Deputy Nesbit.
(d) A National Guardsman.
3. What is the temperature at Reverend Agee's rally?
(a) 80 degrees.
(b) 70 degrees.
(c) 90 degrees.
(d) 100 degrees.
4. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
(a) Reflecting on how he can help Carl Lee pay for legal services.
(b) Reflecting on how he got off.
(c) Reflecting on how he will get Carl Lee to rehire Jake.
(d) Reflecting on his failing marriage.
5. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(c) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jake has Ellen focus on Dr. Wilbert Rodeheaver, the state's mental expert, he asks her to center on cases where acquittals resulted because he suspects what?
2. Why is Lucien furious on the morning of the shooting attempt to kill Jake?
3. How much does the NAACP initially contribute toward the defense of Carl Lee?
4. On the morning of the day he first meets Ellen, what is it Jake recalls Carla could tell during their phone conversation the night before?
5. What are the bored jurors doing by the evening of the third day after the phones have been removed from their rooms?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)