|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
(a) Reflecting on how he can help Carl Lee pay for legal services.
(b) Reflecting on how he got off.
(c) Reflecting on his failing marriage.
(d) Reflecting on how he will get Carl Lee to rehire Jake.
2. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
(a) She would have to convict.
(b) She could not convict.
(c) She would have to convict of a lesser charge.
(d) It would be hard to convict.
3. What do the participants chant at the rally?
(a) "We want a just trial."
(b) "We will overcome."
(c) "Amazing grace."
(d) "Free Carl Lee."
4. When Murphy, the janitor, is called as a witness of the state on the afternoon of the fourth day, it is a gut-wrenching ordeal for what reason?
(a) He stutters and spits in response to the questions for an hour.
(b) He was afraid of being questioned, and was nearly in tears for an hour.
(c) He was close to Willard, and had a difficult time keeping his composure.
(d) He was close to Cobb, and had a difficult time keeping his composure.
5. What is the temperature at Reverend Agee's rally?
(a) 90 degrees.
(b) 80 degrees.
(c) 100 degrees.
(d) 70 degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amongst some of the questions Buckley asks regarding Bass's identity, what is the crime Buckley ask Bass has been convicted of?
2. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
3. During their picnic, what is Carl Lee's response when Gwen questions him about his commitment to bring in a few hundred dollars to make ends meet?
4. Where is Carl Lee seated during the change of venue hearing?
5. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)