|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In questioning jurors individually in chambers as to their position on the death penalty, one black male lies and is allowed to remain, and he later does what?
(a) Tells them what to say if they want to get off.
(b) Advises other blacks what they will be asked and how to answer.
(c) Advises others he is not allowed to tell about the questioning.
(d) Tells women what to say to get off the jury.
2. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(b) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
(c) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(d) To get at least one black jury member.
3. At 5:00 a.m. Harry Rex arrives with biscuit sandwiches sent by Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop, and he discusses with Jake:
(a) Potential jurors once again.
(b) Prospects for a temporary insanity plea.
(c) His motion for change of venue.
(d) Ellen Roark's credentials.
4. How do the members of the council of black ministers arrive for strategic planning regarding the NAACP defense of Carl Lee?
(a) In their Cadillacs and Lincolns.
(b) In Saabs and BMWs.
(c) In Chevrolets and Dodges.
(d) Primarily in modest-priced vehicles.
5. After Jake tells Ethel to shut up or quit when she informs him about his $4,000 in unpaid bills, less than $1,900 in the bank, and his failure to see clients or drop off promised files, what does she do?
(a) She tearfully explains about the threatening phone calls, and her husband's ill health.
(b) She yells she has put up with his childishness long enough.
(c) She firmly states he could find no replacement to last a week.
(d) She angrily responds by throwing papers and storming out.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their picnic, what is Carl Lee's response when Gwen questions him about his commitment to bring in a few hundred dollars to make ends meet?
2. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
3. Why does the name of Clyde Sisco cause some stir during the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team?
4. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
5. On the evening before the trial begins, Ellen arrives at Jake's office suite carrying a thick, professional brief regarding the rape admissibility issue and begins to do what?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)