|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hinky Myrick raise money during the Carl Lee trial?
(a) Selling sandwiches and plate lunches at exhorbitant prices in the courtroom.
(b) Selling sandwiches and plate lunches at cheap prices to the National Guard.
(c) Selling sandwiches, plate lunches at reasonable prices to media outdoors.
(d) Selling sandwiches, plate lunches at exhorbitant prices on the front lawn.
2. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He does some paperwork.
(b) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He orders pizza.
3. When the phone rings while Harry Rex and Jake are discussing legal matters on the morning before the trial, what happens?
(a) Jake ignores it, allowing it to ring before it finally stops.
(b) Harry Rex humorously deflects a hate call aimed at Jake.
(c) Jake angrily responds to a hate call and slams the phone down.
(d) Jake answers the call and advises the caller the line is tapped.
4. How does Carla learn about the all-white jurors in the case?
(a) She learns about them during a TV newsbroadcast.
(b) She hears about them during a radio news broadcast.
(c) She reads about them in the newspaper.
(d) She learns about them during a phone call with Jake.
5. As the riot erupts, what is each Klansman armed with?
(a) A nightstick.
(b) A broken bottle.
(c) A knife.
(d) A handgun.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the jury is impaneled, Jake, Harry Rex, and Ellen are in agreement about what?
2. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
3. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
4. Given the National Guard activity the day prior to the trial opening, Jake advises Ellen he will be forced to renew his plea for change of venue, ask for a mistrial, and then be certain of what?
5. What do the participants chant at the rally?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)