|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ellen sleep after the jury strategy session is over and Jake is followed home by Deputy Nesbit?
(a) On the office couch.
(b) With a friend of Jake and Carla.
(c) In a motor lodge.
(d) In the Clanton Inn.
2. What is Clyde Sisco's price?
3. After Jake tells Ethel to shut up or quit when she informs him about his $4,000 in unpaid bills, less than $1,900 in the bank, and his failure to see clients or drop off promised files, what does she do?
(a) She firmly states he could find no replacement to last a week.
(b) She yells she has put up with his childishness long enough.
(c) She angrily responds by throwing papers and storming out.
(d) She tearfully explains about the threatening phone calls, and her husband's ill health.
4. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
(a) That they would not allow their daughters to testify.
(b) That they would move so their daughters could start over.
(c) That they would carefully follow the trial.
(d) That they might entertain murder.
5. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(b) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(c) Listens to classical music.
(d) Drinks vodka.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Jake ask of Ozzie during cross-examination that Buckley wildly objects to and Jake withdraws, but Ozzie has already nodded affirmatively to?
2. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
3. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
4. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
5. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)