|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Tonya?
2. On day two of the proceedings, how does the morning begin and where are all the "players" situated?
(a) Breezy, with even more than before taking spots on the front lawn.
(b) Hot and sunny, with all diligently taking places on the front lawn.
(c) Drizzling and warm, with many diligently taking places on the front lawn.
(d) Muggy and overcast, with some diligently taking places on the front lawn.
3. What does Tonya, who suffers from endless nightmares and is certain that her attackers are after her, insist on?
(a) That every light in the home stay on all night, and her brothers sleep outside her door.
(b) That Deputy Willie Hastings, Tonya's uncle, sit under her bedroom window.
(c) That her mother sleep with her, and her brothers sleep outside her bedroom door.
(d) That one of her brothers sleep outside her bedroom, and the other sit under her window.
4. While the trio is at lunch on the day of opening statements, and Jake is in the restroom, Ellen describes Jake as the best she has seen, but qualifies that view how?
(a) "For his age."
(b) "Given his experience."
(c) "Considering how nervous he is."
(d) "Considering his law school."
5. On the morning of the day he first meets Ellen, what is it Jake recalls Carla could tell during their phone conversation the night before?
(a) That he was drunk.
(b) That he was still in his office and eating takeout food.
(c) That he had jut awoken from a deep sleep.
(d) That he was tired and had not gotten enough sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
2. When Murphy, the janitor, is called as a witness of the state on the afternoon of the fourth day, it is a gut-wrenching ordeal for what reason?
3. Why is Carl Lee aghast when the jury is finally seated?
4. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
5. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)