|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
(a) Ethel Twitty.
(b) Gwen Hailey.
(c) Rufus Buckley.
(d) Percy Bullard.
2. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(b) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(c) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(d) Join the KKK.
3. On day two of the proceedings, how does the morning begin and where are all the "players" situated?
(a) Drizzling and warm, with many diligently taking places on the front lawn.
(b) Muggy and overcast, with some diligently taking places on the front lawn.
(c) Hot and sunny, with all diligently taking places on the front lawn.
(d) Breezy, with even more than before taking spots on the front lawn.
4. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
(a) He had a bad breakfast there one morning and got sick.
(b) Since being fired, he regrets the TV footage, and wants to avoid locals.
(c) He got into an argument with his favorite waitress.
(d) The manager asked him to because he represented Carl Lee and business was down.
5. On the morning of the day he first meets Ellen, what is it Jake recalls Carla could tell during their phone conversation the night before?
(a) That he was drunk.
(b) That he was tired and had not gotten enough sleep.
(c) That he was still in his office and eating takeout food.
(d) That he had jut awoken from a deep sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tonya, who suffers from endless nightmares and is certain that her attackers are after her, insist on?
2. Norman Reinfeld, the thirty-year-old Jewish supervisor of the NAACP defense team, graduated from which law school?
3. Some of the patrons in the Coffee Shop speculate what about a reporter from the Channel 4 News?
4. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
5. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)