|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the NAACP initially contribute toward the defense of Carl Lee?
2. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 2 hours.
3. The firebomb that ignites Mississippi KKK Imperial Wizard Stump Sisson is thrown from where?.
(a) From within the surrounding crowd.
(b) The 3rd floor of the courthouse.
(c) The 3nd floor of the courthouse.
(d) A slowly passing vehicle.
4. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
5. Why does the name of Clyde Sisco cause some stir during the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team?
(a) Lucien says Sisco is white, but has a daughter with a black girlfriend.
(b) Lucien states Sisco is one of few whites at Tank's Tonk.
(c) Lucien says Sisco owes him, as he got him off of prior charges.
(d) Lucien tells how he "bought" Sisco in a previous case.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Judge Noose advise the jurors they will be sequestered?
2. Carla and Jake, raised as Baptist and Methodist respectively, have agreed to become what?
3. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
4. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
5. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)