|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
(a) She has allowed someone to await his return in his office.
(b) She has brought individuals to his office before advising of their presence.
(c) She has allowed calls to come to his office phone before 8:30 a.m.
(d) She has repeatedly been late to work and taken long lunch breaks.
2. After Jake wakes with a bad hangover, what does he do?
(a) Sips a large cup of coffee and goes to work.
(b) Falls asleep at his desk.
(c) Falls on the sofa in his office and wishes he could die.
(d) Sits in the shower for an hour.
3. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
(a) Her school books.
(b) An armful of firewood.
(c) A basket of fish and a pole.
(d) A bag of groceries.
4. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
(a) Harry Rex is in favor, Lucien is opposed.
(b) Lucien is in favor, Harry Rex is opposed.
(c) Both are opposed.
(d) Both are in favor.
5. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
(c) Deputy Nesbit.
(d) A National Guardsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
2. When Jake seeks a change of venue from Judge Noose and is told nothing would be done except removing 20 intimidated jurors, Jake learns what?
3. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
4. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
5. What is Lucien's advice to Jake regarding fear?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)