|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
(a) Deputy Nesbit.
(b) A National Guardsman.
2. At the city's largest black church, with NAACP officials and Gwen Hailey at his side, who announces the Carl Lee Hailey defense fund?
(a) Reverend Amos Oliver.
(b) Pastor Oster Angel.
(c) Pastor Malachi Aristotle.
(d) Reverend Ollie Agee.
3. Given the National Guard activity the day prior to the trial opening, Jake advises Ellen he will be forced to renew his plea for change of venue, ask for a mistrial, and then be certain of what?
(a) Judge Noose is clearly not taking an impartial position.
(b) The record shows that the trial is being held in "a three-ring circus."
(c) A fair trial is not being held.
(d) The trial is being held in violation of Mississippi State Statues.
4. Jake knows Judge Noose will feel how about the National Guard being called in?
(a) Glad that another measure to ensure safety was taken.
(b) Wishing he had been consulted, but not upset.
(c) Understanding it is the mayor's job to ensure city safety, not the judge's.
(d) Furious that he was not consulted.
5. Where does Reverend Agee spend his time during the trial?
(a) Seated behind Hailey's.
(b) Running demonstrations.
(c) Giving sermons outside court.
(d) Split between being seated in the row behind the Hailey's, and running demonstrations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
2. Some of the patrons in the Coffee Shop speculate what about a reporter from the Channel 4 News?
3. After Jake tells Ethel to shut up or quit when she informs him about his $4,000 in unpaid bills, less than $1,900 in the bank, and his failure to see clients or drop off promised files, what does she do?
4. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
5. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)