|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Deputy Looney describe Carl Lee?
(a) "He's a hero. Give him a trophy."
(b) "For what he did, he deserves life."
(c) "It was an accident. But he deserves some prison time."
(d) "He's a killer. He's worthy of death."
2. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
(a) A National Guardsman.
(b) Deputy Nesbit.
3. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
(a) A .45 caliber semi-automatic.
(b) An automatic M-1 carbine.
(c) An automatic M-16.
(d) An automatic AK-47.
4. What does Ozzie do after he is tipped off three minutes after midnight on July 12 that the Brigance home is to be blown up within three hours?
(a) Ignores the tip.
(b) Awakens Jake, and instructs him to take up a position with his rifle.
(c) Awakens Jake, and instructs him to send his family into hiding.
(d) Awakens Jake, and instructs him to take his family to the airport.
5. Some of the patrons in the Coffee Shop speculate what about a reporter from the Channel 4 News?
(a) If she will report anything positive about Clanton.
(b) The makeup she is wearing.
(c) Where she received her training.
(d) The source of her information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
2. Jake knows Judge Noose will feel how about the National Guard being called in?
3. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
4. Who has previously witnessed a KKK march in Clanton?
5. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)