|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some of the patrons in the Coffee Shop speculate what about a reporter from the Channel 4 News?
(a) If she will report anything positive about Clanton.
(b) The makeup she is wearing.
(c) The source of her information.
(d) Where she received her training.
2. Norman Reinfeld, the thirty-year-old Jewish supervisor of the NAACP defense team, graduated from which law school?
3. Although Jake wished he had not worn ostrich skin boots, Lucien argues what?
(a) The boots were expensive and showed class.
(b) The boots went well with Bass's suit
(c) The jury would relate to boots.
(d) Ostrich skin boots reflected style.
4. How do the members of the council of black ministers arrive for strategic planning regarding the NAACP defense of Carl Lee?
(a) Primarily in modest-priced vehicles.
(b) In their Cadillacs and Lincolns.
(c) In Saabs and BMWs.
(d) In Chevrolets and Dodges.
5. On Saturday morning following the shooting attack he survived, Jake surmises that both Lucien and Bass were drunk yesterday and driven home by Deputy Nesbit, and while he drinks a Bloody Mary, Jake prays what?
(a) That Carl Lee can get off.
(b) That Dr. Bass is sober for court.
(c) That nothing worse takes place.
(d) That his motion for a mistrial will be accepted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Deputy Looney describe Carl Lee?
2. On day two of the proceedings, how does the morning begin and where are all the "players" situated?
3. In questioning jurors individually in chambers as to their position on the death penalty, one black male lies and is allowed to remain, and he later does what?
4. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
5. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)