|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who aids Ellen following her plight?
(b) Deputy Nesbitt.
(c) "Mickey Mouse."
2. During the night of the second trial date, Stump Sisson dies, bringing the number of deaths related to Tonya's rape to how many?
3. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Join the KKK.
(b) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(c) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(d) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
4. When Bo Marsharfsky calls requesting Jake to be his local associate, what is his response?
(a) Considers it briefly, then declines.
(b) Refuses, accuses him of solicitation, and threatens to report or have him reviewed by grand jury.
(d) Says nothing, and slams the phone down.
5. Ellen has done a masterful job of the M'Naghten brief, summarizing what into seventy-five pages directly applicable to the Hailey trial?
(a) A century and a half of legal history.
(b) A half century of legal history.
(c) A quarter century of legal history.
(d) A century of legal history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
2. How much does the NAACP initially contribute toward the defense of Carl Lee?
3. Who is Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop?
4. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
5. Who is the first victim to fall in the riot at the courthouse?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)