|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
2. Do the jurors and alternates attempt to discuss the case in violation of the judge's instructions?
(a) Yes, on a pay-phone in the Temple Inn lobby to family.
(c) Yes, in same-sex pairs while roomed at the Temple Inn.
(d) Yes, on the bus enroute to the Temple Inn.
3. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
(a) A brank new Ford Mustang.
(b) His father's favorite secretary, Ethel Twitty.
(c) His father's favorite hunting rifles.
(d) His father's entire legal staff.
4. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
(a) Reflecting on his failing marriage.
(b) Reflecting on how he will get Carl Lee to rehire Jake.
(c) Reflecting on how he can help Carl Lee pay for legal services.
(d) Reflecting on how he got off.
5. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
(a) Carl Lee states he does not trust Jake, but trusts the Shark less.
(b) Carl Lee persists he is only following Lester's request.
(c) Carl Lee states the Sheriff has convinced him Jake is a good choice.
(d) Carl Lee admits he trusts Jake, and wants his services.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hinky Myrick raise money during the Carl Lee trial?
2. What is the reaction to the press conference?
3. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
4. Why does Jake recognize Gerald Ault as a supporter of black people?
5. How old is Tonya?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)