|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the evening before the trial begins, Ellen arrives at Jake's office suite carrying a thick, professional brief regarding the rape admissibility issue and begins to do what?
(a) Provide an overview of the issue.
(b) Make margaritas.
(c) Make coffee.
(d) Make copies of the brief.
2. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) An opportunity to earn money.
(b) As his ticket to the big time.
(c) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(d) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
3. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
4. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
(a) Grants them permission so long as they do not interfere with proceedings.
(b) Advises they may film, but it will all be reviewed by the county prosecutor.
(c) Advises they may only film inside the courtroom, they may not broadcast.
(d) Instructs the county courtroom deputy, Mr. Pate, to throw them out.
5. Where is Carl Lee seated during the change of venue hearing?
(a) Next to Jake, by his own choice.
(b) Carl Lee chose to stay in jail.
(c) Still being examined by doctors.
(d) Next to Jake, as required by court procedures.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
2. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
3. How does Ozzie get the bomb defused?
4. Do the jurors and alternates attempt to discuss the case in violation of the judge's instructions?
5. When Bo Marsharfsky calls requesting Jake to be his local associate, what is his response?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)