|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
(a) Lester says he cannot return until the trial.
(b) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with little prompting.
(c) Lester agrees to come back, but not soon.
(d) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with much prompting.
2. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
(a) Dr. T. W. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(b) Dr. W. T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
(c) Dr. W. T. Blast, retired pediatrician.
(d) Dr. W. T. Bass, retired psychologist.
3. What does Jake Brigance drive?
(a) A Jaguar.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A Saab.
(d) A Rolls-Royce.
4. When Jake has Ellen focus on Dr. Wilbert Rodeheaver, the state's mental expert, he asks her to center on cases where acquittals resulted because he suspects what?
(a) He has some shady connections.
(b) He is reluctant to declare anyone "insane."
(c) He has always been siding with the state.
(d) He has never declared a black person "insane."
5. What do the participants chant at the rally?
(a) "We want a just trial."
(b) "Free Carl Lee."
(c) "We will overcome."
(d) "Amazing grace."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
2. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
3. What is Lucien's advice to Jake regarding fear?
4. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
5. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)