|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first victim to fall in the riot at the courthouse?
(a) Lester Hailey.
(b) Reverend Agee.
(c) Freddie Cobb.
(d) Ozzie Walls.
2. When Bo Marsharfsky calls requesting Jake to be his local associate, what is his response?
(a) Refuses, accuses him of solicitation, and threatens to report or have him reviewed by grand jury.
(b) Says nothing, and slams the phone down.
(d) Considers it briefly, then declines.
3. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
(a) She would have to convict.
(b) She could not convict.
(c) She would have to convict of a lesser charge.
(d) It would be hard to convict.
4. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
(c) New York.
5. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
(a) 180 days to prepare.
(b) 90 days to prepare.
(c) 60 days to prepare.
(d) 120 days to prepare.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the phone rings while Harry Rex and Jake are discussing legal matters on the morning before the trial, what happens?
2. What does Tonya, who suffers from endless nightmares and is certain that her attackers are after her, insist on?
3. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
4. As the Mississippi Imperial Wizard of the Klan speaks from the podium, there are 40 Klansmen marching at the courthouse and how many black people?
5. The firebomb that ignites Mississippi KKK Imperial Wizard Stump Sisson is thrown from where?.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)