|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
(a) Rice patties of Vietnam.
(b) Back alleys of Chicago.
(c) Tenements of Memphis.
(d) Deserts of Afghanistan.
2. What do the participants chant at the rally?
(a) "Amazing grace."
(b) "We want a just trial."
(c) "We will overcome."
(d) "Free Carl Lee."
3. During one phone call to Carla shortly prior to the trial, whose situation is Jake careful not to bring up?
(a) Bud Twitty's.
(b) Ozzie Walls'.
(c) Reverend Agee's.
(d) Gwem Hailey's.
4. What is Lucien's advice to Jake regarding fear?
(a) Jake has prepared well, and so he need not worry.
(b) Put it out of his mind and concentrate on legal matters.
(c) Take a healty shot of bourbon to calm his nerves.
(d) He should welcome it, as jurors are afraid as well.
5. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(b) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
(c) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(d) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
Short Answer Questions
1. At 5:00 a.m. Harry Rex arrives with biscuit sandwiches sent by Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop, and he discusses with Jake:
2. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
3. During their picnic, what is Carl Lee's response when Gwen questions him about his commitment to bring in a few hundred dollars to make ends meet?
4. After Jake wakes with a bad hangover, what does he do?
5. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)