|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clanton doing to prepare for the national spotlight a week before the Carl Lee trial?
(a) Stray cats, dogs, other pets are being collected by Animal Control.
(b) New parking meters are being installed.
(c) Repainting stripes on Main Street, parking spaces, and Courthouse signs.
(d) Public facilities are being cleaned and rejuvenated.
2. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
(a) Reflecting on how he got off.
(b) Reflecting on how he can help Carl Lee pay for legal services.
(c) Reflecting on how he will get Carl Lee to rehire Jake.
(d) Reflecting on his failing marriage.
3. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
(a) They might find he was temporarily insane.
(b) They might rule it took place in the heat of the moment.
(c) They might not indict.
(d) They might not be able to come to a decision.
4. Where does Ellen sleep after the jury strategy session is over and Jake is followed home by Deputy Nesbit?
(a) With a friend of Jake and Carla.
(b) In the Clanton Inn.
(c) On the office couch.
(d) In a motor lodge.
5. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
(a) Deserts of Afghanistan.
(b) Tenements of Memphis.
(c) Back alleys of Chicago.
(d) Rice patties of Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Judge Noose advise the jurors they will be sequestered?
2. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
3. What does Jake Brigance drive?
4. At 5:00 a.m. Harry Rex arrives with biscuit sandwiches sent by Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop, and he discusses with Jake:
5. When Bo Marsharfsky calls requesting Jake to be his local associate, what is his response?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)