|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Drinks vodka.
(b) Listens to classical music.
(c) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(d) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
2. Days before the trial, Gwen Hailey calls Jake and informs him she is behind on house payments, the utilities might be shut off, and has only received how much from the church council?
3. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
(a) An automatic M-1 carbine.
(b) An automatic M-16.
(c) A .45 caliber semi-automatic.
(d) An automatic AK-47.
4. Who is Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop?
(a) Susie Lynn.
5. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) As his ticket to the big time.
(b) An opportunity to earn money.
(c) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(d) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
2. The night of Stump Sisson's death, the KKK meet in the woods, pledge revenge, and induct how many new Klan members from Ford County?
3. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
4. As the riot erupts, what is each Klansman armed with?
5. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)