|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
(a) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(b) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(c) Lights an expensive Caribbean cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(d) Lights an expensive Cuban cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
2. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
3. As the Mississippi Imperial Wizard of the Klan speaks from the podium, there are 40 Klansmen marching at the courthouse and how many black people?
(a) Black people outnumber the Klan 5-1.
(b) Black people outnumber the Klan 10-1.
(c) Black people outnumber the Klan 2-1.
(d) Black people outnumber the Klan 15-1.
4. How does Ozzie determine what is in the ticking case the stranger has brought to the front porch of of Jake's home?
(a) He handcuffs the man to the gas meter and places the case between his legs.
(b) He threatens to break his ankles.
(c) Ozzie breaks both of the man's ankles.
(d) He threatens to shoot both of his knees.
5. The firebomb that ignites Mississippi KKK Imperial Wizard Stump Sisson is thrown from where?.
(a) From within the surrounding crowd.
(b) A slowly passing vehicle.
(c) The 3nd floor of the courthouse.
(d) The 3rd floor of the courthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. At 5:00 a.m. Harry Rex arrives with biscuit sandwiches sent by Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop, and he discusses with Jake:
2. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
3. On day two of the proceedings, how does the morning begin and where are all the "players" situated?
4. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
5. As the riot erupts, what is each Klansman armed with?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)