|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the riot erupts, what is each Klansman armed with?
(a) A broken bottle.
(b) A knife.
(c) A nightstick.
(d) A handgun.
2. The firebomb that ignites Mississippi KKK Imperial Wizard Stump Sisson is thrown from where?.
(a) A slowly passing vehicle.
(b) The 3rd floor of the courthouse.
(c) The 3nd floor of the courthouse.
(d) From within the surrounding crowd.
3. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) No parole.
(d) 20 years.
4. What is Jake's view of insurance companies and their lawyers?
(a) Jake is jealous and wishes he could be one.
(b) Jake has defended the insurance side and sees the need.
(c) Jake hates them both.
(d) Jake understands the need for them, but does not like them.
5. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
(a) Dr. W. T. Bass, retired psychologist.
(b) Dr. W. T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
(c) Dr. W. T. Blast, retired pediatrician.
(d) Dr. T. W. Bass, retired podiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. When two dozen Klansmen arrive on the first morning of the trial in full regalia, what happens?
2. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
3. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
4. Where is Carl Lee seated during the change of venue hearing?
5. What is Tonya restrained with while being raped?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)