|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the city's largest black church, with NAACP officials and Gwen Hailey at his side, who announces the Carl Lee Hailey defense fund?
(a) Reverend Ollie Agee.
(b) Pastor Oster Angel.
(c) Pastor Malachi Aristotle.
(d) Reverend Amos Oliver.
2. Days before the trial, Gwen Hailey calls Jake and informs him she is behind on house payments, the utilities might be shut off, and has only received how much from the church council?
3. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
(a) 90 days to prepare.
(b) 120 days to prepare.
(c) 60 days to prepare.
(d) 180 days to prepare.
4. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
(a) When Jake threatens to prosecute.
(b) When Ozzie says he could tell the church of his stolen car, DUI, and funeral home kickbicks.
(c) When Ozzie threatens to arrest him.
(d) When Carl Lee threatens to tell everyone of Agee's dirty dealings.
5. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(b) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
(c) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
(d) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the members of the council of black ministers arrive for strategic planning regarding the NAACP defense of Carl Lee?
2. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
3. How old is Tonya?
4. Norman Reinfeld, the thirty-year-old Jewish supervisor of the NAACP defense team, graduated from which law school?
5. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)