|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jake seeks a change of venue from Judge Noose and is told nothing would be done except removing 20 intimidated jurors, Jake learns what?
(a) Someone did not get to the judge, but others have been gotten to.
(b) He can use the refusal to change venue for a mistrial if necessary.
(c) Lucien is right, someone got to Judge Noose.
(d) It is going to be a very uphill trial.
2. What do the participants chant at the rally?
(a) "We will overcome."
(b) "We want a just trial."
(c) "Free Carl Lee."
(d) "Amazing grace."
3. While Jake and Ellen are working on various issues of the case, whom do they invite to join them on the balcony of the law office?
(b) Deputy Nesbit.
(c) Ozzie Walls.
(d) Harry Rex.
4. Where does Judge Noose advise the jurors they will be sequestered?
(a) They will not be sequestered, but are not to discuss the case with anyone.
(b) In the Clanton Inn on Main Street.
(c) In a motel outside Clanton.
(d) They will be sequestered in the courthouse with National Guard security.
5. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Sheriff.
(b) Ford County Prosecutor.
(c) Ford County Judge.
(d) Tavern owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the city's largest black church, with NAACP officials and Gwen Hailey at his side, who announces the Carl Lee Hailey defense fund?
2. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
3. Following three hours of sleep on the morning of the trial, Jake bolts awake and has Deputy Nesbit do what?
4. What is the reaction to the press conference?
5. Early Sunday morning, the day before the trial opens, Jake is awakened on the law office couch by what?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)