|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
(a) She would have to convict.
(b) It would be hard to convict.
(c) She would have to convict of a lesser charge.
(d) She could not convict.
2. Who is the first victim to fall in the riot at the courthouse?
(a) Reverend Agee.
(b) Freddie Cobb.
(c) Lester Hailey.
(d) Ozzie Walls.
3. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
4. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) 20 years.
(b) No parole.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 25 years.
5. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
(a) Lester agrees to come back, but not soon.
(b) Lester says he cannot return until the trial.
(c) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with little prompting.
(d) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with much prompting.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Mississippi Imperial Wizard of the Klan speaks from the podium, there are 40 Klansmen marching at the courthouse and how many black people?
2. Why does the name of Clyde Sisco cause some stir during the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team?
3. After Jake wakes with a bad hangover, what does he do?
4. Why is Carl Lee aghast when the jury is finally seated?
5. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)