|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
(a) Harry Rex is in favor, Lucien is opposed.
(b) Lucien is in favor, Harry Rex is opposed.
(c) Both are opposed.
(d) Both are in favor.
2. When the phone rings while Harry Rex and Jake are discussing legal matters on the morning before the trial, what happens?
(a) Jake answers the call and advises the caller the line is tapped.
(b) Jake angrily responds to a hate call and slams the phone down.
(c) Harry Rex humorously deflects a hate call aimed at Jake.
(d) Jake ignores it, allowing it to ring before it finally stops.
3. What is Lucien's advice to Jake regarding fear?
(a) Jake has prepared well, and so he need not worry.
(b) He should welcome it, as jurors are afraid as well.
(c) Take a healty shot of bourbon to calm his nerves.
(d) Put it out of his mind and concentrate on legal matters.
4. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
(b) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(c) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
(d) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
5. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
(a) He feels worse about the killing in Mississippi.
(b) He feels worse about the killing in Vietnam.
(c) He regrets the killing in Clanton.
(d) He feels killing both situations were equally necessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
2. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
3. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
4. Given the National Guard activity the day prior to the trial opening, Jake advises Ellen he will be forced to renew his plea for change of venue, ask for a mistrial, and then be certain of what?
5. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)