|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In questioning jurors individually in chambers as to their position on the death penalty, one black male lies and is allowed to remain, and he later does what?
(a) Advises others he is not allowed to tell about the questioning.
(b) Tells them what to say if they want to get off.
(c) Advises other blacks what they will be asked and how to answer.
(d) Tells women what to say to get off the jury.
2. How does Ozzie get the bomb defused?
(a) He handcuffs the man to the gas meter and puts the ticking case between his legs.
(b) He calls for an explosives expert at the Sheriff's Department.
(c) He has the case carefully taken to a secluded section of woods.
(d) He calls for an explosives expert in the next county to be helicoptered in.
3. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
(a) Seated in her mama's lap.
(b) She is afraid and is not present.
(c) Seated in her Uncle Lester's lap.
(d) Seated in her daddy's lap.
4. After her refusal to give the juror list to Jake, what does Jean Gillespie do when he reminds her of previously helping with her family and her reelection?
(a) Jean refuses and apologizes, but says that she has no alternative.
(b) Jean is sorry Jake storms out, but feels he will calm down.
(c) She still refuses, and cries after Jake storms out.
(d) Jean is not concerned.
5. After Jake tells Ethel to shut up or quit when she informs him about his $4,000 in unpaid bills, less than $1,900 in the bank, and his failure to see clients or drop off promised files, what does she do?
(a) She firmly states he could find no replacement to last a week.
(b) She yells she has put up with his childishness long enough.
(c) She angrily responds by throwing papers and storming out.
(d) She tearfully explains about the threatening phone calls, and her husband's ill health.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
2. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
3. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
4. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
5. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)