|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Given the National Guard activity the day prior to the trial opening, Jake advises Ellen he will be forced to renew his plea for change of venue, ask for a mistrial, and then be certain of what?
(a) Judge Noose is clearly not taking an impartial position.
(b) The trial is being held in violation of Mississippi State Statues.
(c) A fair trial is not being held.
(d) The record shows that the trial is being held in "a three-ring circus."
2. What does Sheriff Walls testify during the change of venue hearing?
(a) Virtually all Ford County citizens don't know all the rape and murder facts, but have their minds made up.
(b) The majority of Ford County citizens know all the rape and murder facts, and have their minds made up.
(c) There are not 12 Ford County citizens that don't have all the rape and murder facts, and their minds are made up.
(d) Most Ford County citizens know most of the rape and murder facts, and have not made their minds up.
3. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 2 hours.
4. After her refusal to give the juror list to Jake, what does Jean Gillespie do when he reminds her of previously helping with her family and her reelection?
(a) She still refuses, and cries after Jake storms out.
(b) Jean is sorry Jake storms out, but feels he will calm down.
(c) Jean refuses and apologizes, but says that she has no alternative.
(d) Jean is not concerned.
5. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
(a) It would be hard to convict.
(b) She could not convict.
(c) She would have to convict.
(d) She would have to convict of a lesser charge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
2. How is the riot quelled?
3. Why does the name of Clyde Sisco cause some stir during the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team?
4. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
5. Why does Jake recognize Gerald Ault as a supporter of black people?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)