|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The firebomb that ignites Mississippi KKK Imperial Wizard Stump Sisson is thrown from where?.
(a) A slowly passing vehicle.
(b) From within the surrounding crowd.
(c) The 3rd floor of the courthouse.
(d) The 3nd floor of the courthouse.
2. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
(a) That they would move so their daughters could start over.
(b) That they would not allow their daughters to testify.
(c) That they would carefully follow the trial.
(d) That they might entertain murder.
3. How old is Tonya?
4. Who is Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop?
(d) Susie Lynn.
5. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
(a) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
(b) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(c) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired pediatrician.
(d) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jake informs Ellen of the threats received by phone, the bombing attempt, and other dangers the job may entail, what is her response?
2. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
3. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
4. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
5. After Jake tells Ethel to shut up or quit when she informs him about his $4,000 in unpaid bills, less than $1,900 in the bank, and his failure to see clients or drop off promised files, what does she do?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)