|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
2. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
3. Why is Carl Lee aghast when the jury is finally seated?
(a) It is all-white, 10 women and 2 men, only 1 black of 2 alternates.
(b) It is all-white, 9 women and 3 men, only 1 black of 2 alternates.
(c) It is all-white, 12 women and no men, only 1 black of 2 alternates.
(d) It is all-white, 11 women and 1 man, only 1 black of 2 alternates.
4. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(b) Join the KKK.
(c) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(d) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
5. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(b) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(c) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(d) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the name of Clyde Sisco cause some stir during the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team?
2. On the evening before the trial begins, Ellen arrives at Jake's office suite carrying a thick, professional brief regarding the rape admissibility issue and begins to do what?
3. What is the reaction to the press conference?
4. Ellen explains that it will be impossible to keep what from the jury?
5. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)