|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
2. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
(a) Get McKittrick to comprehend the complexity of murder cases.
(b) Get McKittrick to comprehend the danger and threat of the KKK.
(c) Get McKittrick to comprehend the reality of racism and other biases throughout the nation.
(d) Get McKittrick to comprehend the intricacies of this case.
3. While Jake and Ellen are working on various issues of the case, whom do they invite to join them on the balcony of the law office?
(a) Harry Rex.
(c) Deputy Nesbit.
(d) Ozzie Walls.
4. Who is the first victim to fall in the riot at the courthouse?
(a) Lester Hailey.
(b) Ozzie Walls.
(c) Reverend Agee.
(d) Freddie Cobb.
5. Given the National Guard activity the day prior to the trial opening, Jake advises Ellen he will be forced to renew his plea for change of venue, ask for a mistrial, and then be certain of what?
(a) The trial is being held in violation of Mississippi State Statues.
(b) The record shows that the trial is being held in "a three-ring circus."
(c) Judge Noose is clearly not taking an impartial position.
(d) A fair trial is not being held.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheriff Walls testify during the change of venue hearing?
2. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
3. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
4. On the evening before the trial begins, Ellen arrives at Jake's office suite carrying a thick, professional brief regarding the rape admissibility issue and begins to do what?
5. When the phone rings while Harry Rex and Jake are discussing legal matters on the morning before the trial, what happens?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)