|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ozzie determine what is in the ticking case the stranger has brought to the front porch of of Jake's home?
(a) Ozzie breaks both of the man's ankles.
(b) He threatens to shoot both of his knees.
(c) He handcuffs the man to the gas meter and places the case between his legs.
(d) He threatens to break his ankles.
2. In questioning jurors individually in chambers as to their position on the death penalty, one black male lies and is allowed to remain, and he later does what?
(a) Advises others he is not allowed to tell about the questioning.
(b) Tells women what to say to get off the jury.
(c) Tells them what to say if they want to get off.
(d) Advises other blacks what they will be asked and how to answer.
3. At 5:00 a.m. Harry Rex arrives with biscuit sandwiches sent by Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop, and he discusses with Jake:
(a) His motion for change of venue.
(b) Ellen Roark's credentials.
(c) Potential jurors once again.
(d) Prospects for a temporary insanity plea.
4. Where does Ellen sleep after the jury strategy session is over and Jake is followed home by Deputy Nesbit?
(a) In a motor lodge.
(b) With a friend of Jake and Carla.
(c) In the Clanton Inn.
(d) On the office couch.
5. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
(a) The local ministers.
(b) The local AA director.
(c) Parents of young children.
(d) The schoolboard members.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her refusal to give the juror list to Jake, what does Jean Gillespie do when he reminds her of previously helping with her family and her reelection?
2. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
3. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
4. Why does Jake recognize Gerald Ault as a supporter of black people?
5. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)