|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night of Stump Sisson's death, the KKK meet in the woods, pledge revenge, and induct how many new Klan members from Ford County?
2. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
(a) Advises they may only film inside the courtroom, they may not broadcast.
(b) Instructs the county courtroom deputy, Mr. Pate, to throw them out.
(c) Advises they may film, but it will all be reviewed by the county prosecutor.
(d) Grants them permission so long as they do not interfere with proceedings.
3. Norman Reinfeld, the thirty-year-old Jewish supervisor of the NAACP defense team, graduated from which law school?
4. During their picnic, what is Carl Lee's response when Gwen questions him about his commitment to bring in a few hundred dollars to make ends meet?
(a) He remains silent.
(b) He reminds her he is still the man of the family.
(c) He firmly repeats that he will see what he can do.
(d) He states he is doing the best he can.
5. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) No parole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have local attorneys dubbed Judge Omar Noose?
2. How is the riot quelled?
3. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
4. On the morning of the day he first meets Ellen, what is it Jake recalls Carla could tell during their phone conversation the night before?
5. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)