|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the temperature at Reverend Agee's rally?
(a) 70 degrees.
(b) 80 degrees.
(c) 100 degrees.
(d) 90 degrees.
2. When Jake has Ellen focus on Dr. Wilbert Rodeheaver, the state's mental expert, he asks her to center on cases where acquittals resulted because he suspects what?
(a) He has some shady connections.
(b) He is reluctant to declare anyone "insane."
(c) He has never declared a black person "insane."
(d) He has always been siding with the state.
3. What is Jake's view of insurance companies and their lawyers?
(a) Jake is jealous and wishes he could be one.
(b) Jake has defended the insurance side and sees the need.
(c) Jake hates them both.
(d) Jake understands the need for them, but does not like them.
4. What are the six capital defense attorneys of the NAACP known as?
(a) The "always win team."
(b) The "last chance squad."
(c) The "death squad."
(d) The "defense squad."
5. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
(a) A bag of groceries.
(b) An armful of firewood.
(c) Her school books.
(d) A basket of fish and a pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Judge Noose, what is the largest media problem?
2. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
3. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
4. What is the reaction to the press conference?
5. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)