|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 40 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
2. How do the members of the council of black ministers arrive for strategic planning regarding the NAACP defense of Carl Lee?
(a) Primarily in modest-priced vehicles.
(b) In Saabs and BMWs.
(c) In their Cadillacs and Lincolns.
(d) In Chevrolets and Dodges.
3. Early Sunday morning, the day before the trial opens, Jake is awakened on the law office couch by what?
(a) Ellen knocking persistently on the office door.
(b) Large, national TV vehicles vying for best position around Clanton Square.
(c) Sounds of the National Guard taking position in Clanton Square.
(d) The telephone continuosly ringing.
4. After her refusal to give the juror list to Jake, what does Jean Gillespie do when he reminds her of previously helping with her family and her reelection?
(a) Jean refuses and apologizes, but says that she has no alternative.
(b) Jean is not concerned.
(c) She still refuses, and cries after Jake storms out.
(d) Jean is sorry Jake storms out, but feels he will calm down.
5. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(c) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
2. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
3. During their picnic, what is Carl Lee's response when Gwen questions him about his commitment to bring in a few hundred dollars to make ends meet?
4. Ellen explains that it will be impossible to keep what from the jury?
5. When Jake informs Ellen of the threats received by phone, the bombing attempt, and other dangers the job may entail, what is her response?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)