|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Days before the trial, Gwen Hailey calls Jake and informs him she is behind on house payments, the utilities might be shut off, and has only received how much from the church council?
2. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He orders pizza.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(d) He does some paperwork.
3. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
(a) Back alleys of Chicago.
(b) Deserts of Afghanistan.
(c) Tenements of Memphis.
(d) Rice patties of Vietnam.
4. What is Lucien's advice to Jake regarding fear?
(a) Take a healty shot of bourbon to calm his nerves.
(b) He should welcome it, as jurors are afraid as well.
(c) Put it out of his mind and concentrate on legal matters.
(d) Jake has prepared well, and so he need not worry.
5. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
(b) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(c) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(d) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellen explains that it will be impossible to keep what from the jury?
2. Why does the name of Clyde Sisco cause some stir during the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team?
3. What are the six capital defense attorneys of the NAACP known as?
4. What does Jake Brigance drive?
5. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)