|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake Brigance drive?
(a) A Saab.
(b) A Rolls-Royce.
(c) A BMW.
(d) A Jaguar.
2. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(b) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
(c) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(d) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
3. How do the members of the council of black ministers arrive for strategic planning regarding the NAACP defense of Carl Lee?
(a) In Saabs and BMWs.
(b) In Chevrolets and Dodges.
(c) Primarily in modest-priced vehicles.
(d) In their Cadillacs and Lincolns.
4. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
(a) His father's favorite secretary, Ethel Twitty.
(b) His father's entire legal staff.
(c) His father's favorite hunting rifles.
(d) A brank new Ford Mustang.
5. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
(a) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with much prompting.
(b) Lester says he cannot return until the trial.
(c) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with little prompting.
(d) Lester agrees to come back, but not soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
2. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
3. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
4. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
5. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)