|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
(a) Since being fired, he regrets the TV footage, and wants to avoid locals.
(b) He had a bad breakfast there one morning and got sick.
(c) The manager asked him to because he represented Carl Lee and business was down.
(d) He got into an argument with his favorite waitress.
2. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(b) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
(c) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(d) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
3. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(b) Listens to classical music.
(c) Drinks vodka.
(d) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
4. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
(a) Carl Lee persists he is only following Lester's request.
(b) Carl Lee states the Sheriff has convinced him Jake is a good choice.
(c) Carl Lee states he does not trust Jake, but trusts the Shark less.
(d) Carl Lee admits he trusts Jake, and wants his services.
5. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(b) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
(c) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
(d) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
2. What is the reaction to the press conference?
3. Carla and Jake, raised as Baptist and Methodist respectively, have agreed to become what?
4. How much does the NAACP initially contribute toward the defense of Carl Lee?
5. What does Tonya, who suffers from endless nightmares and is certain that her attackers are after her, insist on?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)