|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) To get at least one black jury member.
(b) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
(c) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(d) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
2. After Jake wakes with a bad hangover, what does he do?
(a) Falls on the sofa in his office and wishes he could die.
(b) Sips a large cup of coffee and goes to work.
(c) Sits in the shower for an hour.
(d) Falls asleep at his desk.
3. How does Ozzie determine what is in the ticking case the stranger has brought to the front porch of of Jake's home?
(a) He threatens to shoot both of his knees.
(b) He handcuffs the man to the gas meter and places the case between his legs.
(c) He threatens to break his ankles.
(d) Ozzie breaks both of the man's ankles.
4. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
5. How do the members of the council of black ministers arrive for strategic planning regarding the NAACP defense of Carl Lee?
(a) Primarily in modest-priced vehicles.
(b) In Saabs and BMWs.
(c) In their Cadillacs and Lincolns.
(d) In Chevrolets and Dodges.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
2. When Jake informs Ellen of the threats received by phone, the bombing attempt, and other dangers the job may entail, what is her response?
3. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
4. What does Jake Brigance drive?
5. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)