|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
(a) Advises they may film, but it will all be reviewed by the county prosecutor.
(b) Grants them permission so long as they do not interfere with proceedings.
(c) Instructs the county courtroom deputy, Mr. Pate, to throw them out.
(d) Advises they may only film inside the courtroom, they may not broadcast.
2. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(b) As his ticket to the big time.
(c) An opportunity to earn money.
(d) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
3. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
4. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
(a) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and guilty.
(b) Manslaughter with immediate parole, capital murder for life, and not guilty.
(c) Manslaughter for 25 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(d) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
5. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
(a) Rice patties of Vietnam.
(b) Tenements of Memphis.
(c) Deserts of Afghanistan.
(d) Back alleys of Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
2. What does Sheriff Walls testify during the change of venue hearing?
3. Norman Reinfeld, the thirty-year-old Jewish supervisor of the NAACP defense team, graduated from which law school?
4. At the city's largest black church, with NAACP officials and Gwen Hailey at his side, who announces the Carl Lee Hailey defense fund?
5. After Jake tells Ethel to shut up or quit when she informs him about his $4,000 in unpaid bills, less than $1,900 in the bank, and his failure to see clients or drop off promised files, what does she do?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)