|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake Brigance drive?
(a) A BMW.
(b) A Saab.
(c) A Jaguar.
(d) A Rolls-Royce.
2. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
(a) 120 days to prepare.
(b) 180 days to prepare.
(c) 90 days to prepare.
(d) 60 days to prepare.
3. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(b) To get at least one black jury member.
(c) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(d) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
4. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
(a) She has allowed calls to come to his office phone before 8:30 a.m.
(b) She has allowed someone to await his return in his office.
(c) She has repeatedly been late to work and taken long lunch breaks.
(d) She has brought individuals to his office before advising of their presence.
5. What is the reaction to the press conference?
(a) Primarily on TV news, and little in the newspapers.
(b) It is a short clip on the 10:00 p.m. broadcast, and a short column with no photo in the back pages.
(c) Nothing local, only in Jackson, Memphis, Atlanta and elsewhere.
(d) It is a TV news hit, and the Hailey family photo appears on the front page.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
2. What does Tonya, who suffers from endless nightmares and is certain that her attackers are after her, insist on?
3. During their picnic, what is Carl Lee's response when Gwen questions him about his commitment to bring in a few hundred dollars to make ends meet?
4. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
5. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)