|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
(a) They might not be able to come to a decision.
(b) They might not indict.
(c) They might find he was temporarily insane.
(d) They might rule it took place in the heat of the moment.
2. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
(a) Kite flying.
(b) On a picnic.
(d) To a zoo.
3. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
(a) The schoolboard members.
(b) The local AA director.
(c) Parents of young children.
(d) The local ministers.
4. How much does the NAACP initially contribute toward the defense of Carl Lee?
5. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
(a) Iris, 1.
(b) Frances, 1.
(c) Champagne, 1.
(d) Iris, 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
2. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
3. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
4. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
5. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)