|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
(a) She would have to convict of a lesser charge.
(b) She would have to convict.
(c) It would be hard to convict.
(d) She could not convict.
2. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
(a) That they would carefully follow the trial.
(b) That they might entertain murder.
(c) That they would move so their daughters could start over.
(d) That they would not allow their daughters to testify.
3. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
(a) Lester agrees to come back, but not soon.
(b) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with much prompting.
(c) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with little prompting.
(d) Lester says he cannot return until the trial.
4. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
(a) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and bring in the NAACP.
(b) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and security for Hailey's home.
(c) Bring in the NAACP.
(d) Initiate a fund and prayer vigil for the Hailey's.
5. What is Tonya restrained with while being raped?
(a) Cotton rope.
(b) Nylon rope.
(c) Swing-set chain.
(d) Electrical cord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
2. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
3. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
4. How do the members of the council of black ministers arrive for strategic planning regarding the NAACP defense of Carl Lee?
5. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)