|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
(a) Lester Hailey.
(b) Lucien Wilbanks.
(c) Jake Brigance.
(d) Carl Lee Hailey.
2. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He orders pizza.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(d) He does some paperwork.
3. What does Sheriff Walls testify during the change of venue hearing?
(a) There are not 12 Ford County citizens that don't have all the rape and murder facts, and their minds are made up.
(b) Virtually all Ford County citizens don't know all the rape and murder facts, but have their minds made up.
(c) The majority of Ford County citizens know all the rape and murder facts, and have their minds made up.
(d) Most Ford County citizens know most of the rape and murder facts, and have not made their minds up.
4. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
(a) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with little prompting.
(b) Lester says he cannot return until the trial.
(c) Lester agrees to come back, but not soon.
(d) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with much prompting.
5. After Jake tells Ethel to shut up or quit when she informs him about his $4,000 in unpaid bills, less than $1,900 in the bank, and his failure to see clients or drop off promised files, what does she do?
(a) She yells she has put up with his childishness long enough.
(b) She tearfully explains about the threatening phone calls, and her husband's ill health.
(c) She firmly states he could find no replacement to last a week.
(d) She angrily responds by throwing papers and storming out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
2. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
3. What is Tonya restrained with while being raped?
4. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
5. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)