|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
2. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
(a) Carla has received more threats and asks him to.
(b) Cat Bruster convinces him to do so.
(c) Jake could not get him out on bond.
(d) He has an argument with Jake.
3. What have local attorneys dubbed Judge Omar Noose?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(c) Abe Lincoln.
(d) Yogi Bear.
4. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) As his ticket to the big time.
(b) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(c) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(d) An opportunity to earn money.
5. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
2. Where is Carl Lee seated during the change of venue hearing?
3. Carla and Jake, raised as Baptist and Methodist respectively, have agreed to become what?
4. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
5. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)