|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
(a) It would be hard to convict.
(b) She could not convict.
(c) She would have to convict of a lesser charge.
(d) She would have to convict.
2. Norman Reinfeld, the thirty-year-old Jewish supervisor of the NAACP defense team, graduated from which law school?
3. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
(a) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(b) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired pediatrician.
(c) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychologist.
(d) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
4. What are the six capital defense attorneys of the NAACP known as?
(a) The "defense squad."
(b) The "last chance squad."
(c) The "always win team."
(d) The "death squad."
5. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(b) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Tonya?
2. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
3. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
4. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
5. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)