|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Judge.
(b) Tavern owner.
(c) Ford County Prosecutor.
(d) Ford County Sheriff.
2. Since Jake insists he will not be a "gofer" for the NAACP, what is the response when Carl Lee asks what will happen to the $20,000 defense fund if he uses only Jake?
(a) He will receive it all.
(b) He will only receive half.
(c) Only a small portion will go to the Hailey family support fund.
(d) The $20,000 only accompanies the NAACP defense team.
3. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
(a) They might find he was temporarily insane.
(b) They might not indict.
(c) They might not be able to come to a decision.
(d) They might rule it took place in the heat of the moment.
4. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
(a) Manslaughter with immediate parole, capital murder for life, and not guilty.
(b) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and guilty.
(c) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(d) Manslaughter for 25 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
5. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(b) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(c) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
(d) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jake informs Ellen of the threats received by phone, the bombing attempt, and other dangers the job may entail, what is her response?
2. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
3. What have local attorneys dubbed Judge Omar Noose?
4. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
5. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)