|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
(a) Get McKittrick to comprehend the reality of racism and other biases throughout the nation.
(b) Get McKittrick to comprehend the intricacies of this case.
(c) Get McKittrick to comprehend the complexity of murder cases.
(d) Get McKittrick to comprehend the danger and threat of the KKK.
2. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
(a) Jake could not get him out on bond.
(b) Carla has received more threats and asks him to.
(c) He has an argument with Jake.
(d) Cat Bruster convinces him to do so.
3. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
(a) Percy Bullard.
(b) Ethel Twitty.
(c) Gwen Hailey.
(d) Rufus Buckley.
4. Who is Jake's favorite waitress at the Coffee Shop?
(c) Susie Lynn.
5. On the morning of the day he first meets Ellen, what is it Jake recalls Carla could tell during their phone conversation the night before?
(a) That he was tired and had not gotten enough sleep.
(b) That he was still in his office and eating takeout food.
(c) That he had jut awoken from a deep sleep.
(d) That he was drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
2. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
3. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
4. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
5. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)