|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
(a) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and security for Hailey's home.
(b) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and bring in the NAACP.
(c) Bring in the NAACP.
(d) Initiate a fund and prayer vigil for the Hailey's.
2. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
(a) State Attorney.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) District Judge.
3. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He orders pizza.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(d) He does some paperwork.
4. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
(a) Manslaughter for 25 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(b) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(c) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and guilty.
(d) Manslaughter with immediate parole, capital murder for life, and not guilty.
5. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Judge.
(b) Tavern owner.
(c) Ford County Prosecutor.
(d) Ford County Sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
2. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
3. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
4. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
5. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)