|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the members of the council of black ministers arrive for strategic planning regarding the NAACP defense of Carl Lee?
(a) In Saabs and BMWs.
(b) Primarily in modest-priced vehicles.
(c) In Chevrolets and Dodges.
(d) In their Cadillacs and Lincolns.
2. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
(a) She has allowed someone to await his return in his office.
(b) She has repeatedly been late to work and taken long lunch breaks.
(c) She has brought individuals to his office before advising of their presence.
(d) She has allowed calls to come to his office phone before 8:30 a.m.
3. What happens when Jake calls Lester in Chicago?
(a) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with much prompting.
(b) Lester agrees to come back, but not soon.
(c) Lester says he cannot return until the trial.
(d) Lester agrees to return to Clanton with little prompting.
4. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
(a) 60 days to prepare.
(b) 120 days to prepare.
(c) 180 days to prepare.
(d) 90 days to prepare.
5. What are the six capital defense attorneys of the NAACP known as?
(a) The "always win team."
(b) The "death squad."
(c) The "last chance squad."
(d) The "defense squad."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
2. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
3. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
4. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
5. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)