|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He does some paperwork.
(c) He orders pizza.
(d) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
2. Where does Judge Noose advise the jurors they will be sequestered?
(a) In the Clanton Inn on Main Street.
(b) In a motel outside Clanton.
(c) They will not be sequestered, but are not to discuss the case with anyone.
(d) They will be sequestered in the courthouse with National Guard security.
3. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
(a) Dr. W. T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
(b) Dr. W. T. Bass, retired psychologist.
(c) Dr. T. W. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(d) Dr. W. T. Blast, retired pediatrician.
4. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
(a) Iris, 1.
(b) Iris, 2.
(c) Champagne, 1.
(d) Frances, 1.
5. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
(a) On a picnic.
(b) To a zoo.
(c) Kite flying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Days before the trial, Gwen Hailey calls Jake and informs him she is behind on house payments, the utilities might be shut off, and has only received how much from the church council?
2. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
3. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
4. Who is Rocky Childers?
5. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)