|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(b) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(c) Join the KKK.
(d) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
2. Norman Reinfeld, the thirty-year-old Jewish supervisor of the NAACP defense team, graduated from which law school?
3. Ollie Agee, the Hailey's pastor, convenes the Council of Ministers, a board of the local black ministry, which decides to do what?
(a) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and bring in the NAACP.
(b) Initiate a defense fund for Carl Lee, a support fund for his family, and security for Hailey's home.
(c) Initiate a fund and prayer vigil for the Hailey's.
(d) Bring in the NAACP.
4. How does Deputy Looney describe Carl Lee?
(a) "It was an accident. But he deserves some prison time."
(b) "He's a killer. He's worthy of death."
(c) "He's a hero. Give him a trophy."
(d) "For what he did, he deserves life."
5. When Jake and Harry Rex arrive at the Memphis hospital to visit Ellen, her father, Sheldon Roark, explains what about the injuries to her head that required thirty-nine stitches?
(a) Terrified she will be raped and killed, she beats head against a metal pole.
(b) In the trunk, she beats head trying to get free.
(c) She beats head after being covered by "Mickey Mouse," hoping for help.
(d) In the trunk, she beats head trying to summon help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the bored jurors doing by the evening of the third day after the phones have been removed from their rooms?
2. When Bo Marsharfsky calls requesting Jake to be his local associate, what is his response?
3. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
4. Ellen has done a masterful job of the M'Naghten brief, summarizing what into seventy-five pages directly applicable to the Hailey trial?
5. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)