|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
(a) Champagne, 1.
(b) Iris, 1.
(c) Iris, 2.
(d) Frances, 1.
2. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
(a) He feels worse about the killing in Vietnam.
(b) He regrets the killing in Clanton.
(c) He feels worse about the killing in Mississippi.
(d) He feels killing both situations were equally necessary.
3. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Light a cigar.
(b) Have a cup of coffee.
(c) Play his harmonica.
(d) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
4. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
(a) Reflecting on how he got off.
(b) Reflecting on his failing marriage.
(c) Reflecting on how he will get Carl Lee to rehire Jake.
(d) Reflecting on how he can help Carl Lee pay for legal services.
5. Who else does Jake visit in the Memphis hospital?
(a) Wallie Macintyre, the National Guardsman.
(b) Woody Mackenvale, the National Guardsman.
(c) Wayne Miller, the National Guardsman.
(d) Willie MacKenzie, the National Guardsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
2. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
3. Ellen has done a fine job preparing the doctor, including a twenty-five-page dialogue of the questions Jake will ask, and the answers for whom?
4. Some of the patrons in the Coffee Shop speculate what about a reporter from the Channel 4 News?
5. In questioning jurors individually in chambers as to their position on the death penalty, one black male lies and is allowed to remain, and he later does what?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)