|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
(a) He feels worse about the killing in Mississippi.
(b) He regrets the killing in Clanton.
(c) He feels killing both situations were equally necessary.
(d) He feels worse about the killing in Vietnam.
2. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
(a) Both are opposed.
(b) Harry Rex is in favor, Lucien is opposed.
(c) Both are in favor.
(d) Lucien is in favor, Harry Rex is opposed.
3. How does Hinky Myrick raise money during the Carl Lee trial?
(a) Selling sandwiches and plate lunches at exhorbitant prices in the courtroom.
(b) Selling sandwiches, plate lunches at exhorbitant prices on the front lawn.
(c) Selling sandwiches and plate lunches at cheap prices to the National Guard.
(d) Selling sandwiches, plate lunches at reasonable prices to media outdoors.
4. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
(a) Frances, 1.
(b) Champagne, 1.
(c) Iris, 1.
(d) Iris, 2.
5. Why do Jake and Harry Rex go to the lake in the latter's pickup truck rather than the former's Saab after going to Memphis to visit the hospital?
(a) The Saab is having mechanical work done.
(b) They fear the Saab would be a target.
(c) Jake has let Carla use it to drive to the airport.
(d) Carla used the Saab to drive to Wilmington, and hers is now burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Judge Noose advise the jurors they will be sequestered?
2. What do the participants chant at the rally?
3. Ellen explains that it will be impossible to keep what from the jury?
4. After Jake tells Ethel to shut up or quit when she informs him about his $4,000 in unpaid bills, less than $1,900 in the bank, and his failure to see clients or drop off promised files, what does she do?
5. Where does Reverend Agee spend his time during the trial?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)