|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellen has done a masterful job of the M'Naghten brief, summarizing what into seventy-five pages directly applicable to the Hailey trial?
(a) A half century of legal history.
(b) A century of legal history.
(c) A century and a half of legal history.
(d) A quarter century of legal history.
2. Although Jake wished he had not worn ostrich skin boots, Lucien argues what?
(a) Ostrich skin boots reflected style.
(b) The jury would relate to boots.
(c) The boots were expensive and showed class.
(d) The boots went well with Bass's suit
3. On day two of the proceedings, how does the morning begin and where are all the "players" situated?
(a) Drizzling and warm, with many diligently taking places on the front lawn.
(b) Breezy, with even more than before taking spots on the front lawn.
(c) Muggy and overcast, with some diligently taking places on the front lawn.
(d) Hot and sunny, with all diligently taking places on the front lawn.
4. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
5. How does Deputy Looney describe Carl Lee?
(a) "He's a hero. Give him a trophy."
(b) "He's a killer. He's worthy of death."
(c) "For what he did, he deserves life."
(d) "It was an accident. But he deserves some prison time."
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the participants chant at the rally?
2. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
3. How does Hinky Myrick raise money during the Carl Lee trial?
4. What does Lucien tell Jake regarding the summation?
5. Why do Jake and Harry Rex go to the lake in the latter's pickup truck rather than the former's Saab after going to Memphis to visit the hospital?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)