|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After going to the lake with Harry Rex, Jake visits Lucien and discovers what?
(a) Lucien is passed out, but has nearly finished Jake's summation.
(b) Lucien is sober and working on Jake's summation.
(c) Lucien has been drinking and working on Jake's summation.
(d) Lucien is drunk and is working on Jake's summation.
2. On Saturday morning, the day after Jake was shot at, the rumor in Clanton is that the shooters claim to be whom?
(a) "Freelancers" from outside Mississippi.
(b) Jake's former clients.
(d) Sisson family members.
3. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(b) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(c) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(d) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
4. When Jake and Harry Rex arrive at the Memphis hospital to visit Ellen, her father, Sheldon Roark, explains what about the injuries to her head that required thirty-nine stitches?
(a) In the trunk, she beats head trying to summon help.
(b) She beats head after being covered by "Mickey Mouse," hoping for help.
(c) Terrified she will be raped and killed, she beats head against a metal pole.
(d) In the trunk, she beats head trying to get free.
5. Amongst some of the questions Buckley asks regarding Bass's identity, what is the crime Buckley ask Bass has been convicted of?
(a) Statutory Rape.
(d) Driving Under the Influence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
2. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
3. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
4. After Jake tells Ethel to shut up or quit when she informs him about his $4,000 in unpaid bills, less than $1,900 in the bank, and his failure to see clients or drop off promised files, what does she do?
5. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)