|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some of the patrons in the Coffee Shop speculate what about a reporter from the Channel 4 News?
(a) The makeup she is wearing.
(b) If she will report anything positive about Clanton.
(c) Where she received her training.
(d) The source of her information.
2. In questioning jurors individually in chambers as to their position on the death penalty, one black male lies and is allowed to remain, and he later does what?
(a) Tells women what to say to get off the jury.
(b) Tells them what to say if they want to get off.
(c) Advises other blacks what they will be asked and how to answer.
(d) Advises others he is not allowed to tell about the questioning.
3. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(b) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(c) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
(d) To get at least one black jury member.
4. On Saturday morning, the day after Jake was shot at, the rumor in Clanton is that the shooters claim to be whom?
(b) Sisson family members.
(c) Jake's former clients.
(d) "Freelancers" from outside Mississippi.
5. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
(a) When Carl Lee threatens to tell everyone of Agee's dirty dealings.
(b) When Ozzie says he could tell the church of his stolen car, DUI, and funeral home kickbicks.
(c) When Jake threatens to prosecute.
(d) When Ozzie threatens to arrest him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Norman Reinfeld, the thirty-year-old Jewish supervisor of the NAACP defense team, graduated from which law school?
2. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
3. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
4. Although Jake wished he had not worn ostrich skin boots, Lucien argues what?
5. On day two of the proceedings, how does the morning begin and where are all the "players" situated?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)