|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else does Jake visit in the Memphis hospital?
(a) Willie MacKenzie, the National Guardsman.
(b) Wayne Miller, the National Guardsman.
(c) Woody Mackenvale, the National Guardsman.
(d) Wallie Macintyre, the National Guardsman.
2. Although Jake wished he had not worn ostrich skin boots, Lucien argues what?
(a) The boots were expensive and showed class.
(b) The boots went well with Bass's suit
(c) Ostrich skin boots reflected style.
(d) The jury would relate to boots.
3. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(b) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(c) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(d) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
4. Days before the trial, Gwen Hailey calls Jake and informs him she is behind on house payments, the utilities might be shut off, and has only received how much from the church council?
5. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(b) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rocky Childers?
2. During their picnic, what is Carl Lee's response when Gwen questions him about his commitment to bring in a few hundred dollars to make ends meet?
3. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
4. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
5. When two dozen Klansmen arrive on the first morning of the trial in full regalia, what happens?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)