|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the jury is impaneled, Jake, Harry Rex, and Ellen are in agreement about what?
(a) It is much better than expected.
(b) It is not as bad as was expected.
(c) They are uncertain about some of the members.
(d) Things do not look well.
2. The night of Stump Sisson's death, the KKK meet in the woods, pledge revenge, and induct how many new Klan members from Ford County?
3. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
4. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
(a) They might not indict.
(b) They might rule it took place in the heat of the moment.
(c) They might find he was temporarily insane.
(d) They might not be able to come to a decision.
5. What does Tonya, who suffers from endless nightmares and is certain that her attackers are after her, insist on?
(a) That one of her brothers sleep outside her bedroom, and the other sit under her window.
(b) That her mother sleep with her, and her brothers sleep outside her bedroom door.
(c) That Deputy Willie Hastings, Tonya's uncle, sit under her bedroom window.
(d) That every light in the home stay on all night, and her brothers sleep outside her door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Jake and Harry Rex go to the lake in the latter's pickup truck rather than the former's Saab after going to Memphis to visit the hospital?
2. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
3. Ellen explains that it will be impossible to keep what from the jury?
4. Why does Jake recognize Gerald Ault as a supporter of black people?
5. Where does Judge Noose advise the jurors they will be sequestered?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)