|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Saturday morning, the day after Jake was shot at, the rumor in Clanton is that the shooters claim to be whom?
(b) Sisson family members.
(c) Jake's former clients.
(d) "Freelancers" from outside Mississippi.
2. Days before the trial, Gwen Hailey calls Jake and informs him she is behind on house payments, the utilities might be shut off, and has only received how much from the church council?
3. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(b) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(c) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(d) Join the KKK.
4. During one phone call to Carla shortly prior to the trial, whose situation is Jake careful not to bring up?
(a) Bud Twitty's.
(b) Ozzie Walls'.
(c) Gwem Hailey's.
(d) Reverend Agee's.
5. During their picnic, what is Carl Lee's response when Gwen questions him about his commitment to bring in a few hundred dollars to make ends meet?
(a) He remains silent.
(b) He firmly repeats that he will see what he can do.
(c) He reminds her he is still the man of the family.
(d) He states he is doing the best he can.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
2. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
3. Who is Rocky Childers?
4. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
5. What is Lucien's advice to Jake regarding fear?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)