|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Jake insists he will not be a "gofer" for the NAACP, what is the response when Carl Lee asks what will happen to the $20,000 defense fund if he uses only Jake?
(a) He will receive it all.
(b) Only a small portion will go to the Hailey family support fund.
(c) He will only receive half.
(d) The $20,000 only accompanies the NAACP defense team.
2. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
3. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) No parole.
(d) 13 years.
4. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
5. When Jake has Ellen focus on Dr. Wilbert Rodeheaver, the state's mental expert, he asks her to center on cases where acquittals resulted because he suspects what?
(a) He has never declared a black person "insane."
(b) He has always been siding with the state.
(c) He has some shady connections.
(d) He is reluctant to declare anyone "insane."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake Brigance drive?
2. When two dozen Klansmen arrive on the first morning of the trial in full regalia, what happens?
3. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
4. During one phone call to Carla shortly prior to the trial, whose situation is Jake careful not to bring up?
5. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)