|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake not tell Carla about in his hour long phone conversation with her Sunday, the evening of the day he returns from Memphis with Harry Rex?
(a) That the National Guardsman is paralyzed.
(b) That things look very bad.
(c) The attack against Ellen.
(d) The house burning.
2. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
(a) Reflecting on his failing marriage.
(b) Reflecting on how he got off.
(c) Reflecting on how he can help Carl Lee pay for legal services.
(d) Reflecting on how he will get Carl Lee to rehire Jake.
3. What does Lucien tell Jake regarding the summation?
(a) He can still win; miracles do happen.
(b) He might get the verdict down to second degree homicide.
(c) He might be able to get the verdict down to manslaughter.
(d) Nevermind Bass's condition, the jury might still rule temporary insanity.
4. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
5. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
(a) Deep in the woods of Nettles County, 230 miles south of Clanton.
(b) Deep in the woods of Durham County, 125 miles northeast of Clanton.
(c) In a barn on an abandoned farm, 20 miles outside Vicksburg.
(d) In a warehouse in an industrial park, late at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Murphy, the janitor, is called as a witness of the state on the afternoon of the fourth day, it is a gut-wrenching ordeal for what reason?
2. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
3. Amongst some of the questions Buckley asks regarding Bass's identity, what is the crime Buckley ask Bass has been convicted of?
4. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
5. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)