|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In questioning jurors individually in chambers as to their position on the death penalty, one black male lies and is allowed to remain, and he later does what?
(a) Tells them what to say if they want to get off.
(b) Advises other blacks what they will be asked and how to answer.
(c) Advises others he is not allowed to tell about the questioning.
(d) Tells women what to say to get off the jury.
2. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
3. Who else does Jake visit in the Memphis hospital?
(a) Wallie Macintyre, the National Guardsman.
(b) Willie MacKenzie, the National Guardsman.
(c) Wayne Miller, the National Guardsman.
(d) Woody Mackenvale, the National Guardsman.
4. After Jake tells Ethel to shut up or quit when she informs him about his $4,000 in unpaid bills, less than $1,900 in the bank, and his failure to see clients or drop off promised files, what does she do?
(a) She firmly states he could find no replacement to last a week.
(b) She tearfully explains about the threatening phone calls, and her husband's ill health.
(c) She angrily responds by throwing papers and storming out.
(d) She yells she has put up with his childishness long enough.
5. What do the participants chant at the rally?
(a) "We will overcome."
(b) "Free Carl Lee."
(c) "We want a just trial."
(d) "Amazing grace."
Short Answer Questions
1. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
2. Amongst some of the questions Buckley asks regarding Bass's identity, what is the crime Buckley ask Bass has been convicted of?
3. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
4. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
5. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)