|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
(a) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(b) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
(c) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired pediatrician.
(d) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychologist.
2. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Judge.
(b) Tavern owner.
(c) Ford County Prosecutor.
(d) Ford County Sheriff.
3. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(b) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
4. When Murphy, the janitor, is called as a witness of the state on the afternoon of the fourth day, it is a gut-wrenching ordeal for what reason?
(a) He was close to Willard, and had a difficult time keeping his composure.
(b) He was afraid of being questioned, and was nearly in tears for an hour.
(c) He was close to Cobb, and had a difficult time keeping his composure.
(d) He stutters and spits in response to the questions for an hour.
5. What is Lester's local girlfriend's name, and how many children do they have?
(a) Iris, 1.
(b) Frances, 1.
(c) Iris, 2.
(d) Champagne, 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
2. Norman Reinfeld, the thirty-year-old Jewish supervisor of the NAACP defense team, graduated from which law school?
3. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
4. What does Jake Brigance drive?
5. Why is Carl Lee aghast when the jury is finally seated?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)