|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucien's advice to Jake regarding fear?
(a) Take a healty shot of bourbon to calm his nerves.
(b) He should welcome it, as jurors are afraid as well.
(c) Put it out of his mind and concentrate on legal matters.
(d) Jake has prepared well, and so he need not worry.
2. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 13 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) No parole.
3. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(b) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(c) Listens to classical music.
(d) Drinks vodka.
4. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He does some paperwork.
(d) He orders pizza.
5. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
(a) When Ozzie threatens to arrest him.
(b) When Carl Lee threatens to tell everyone of Agee's dirty dealings.
(c) When Jake threatens to prosecute.
(d) When Ozzie says he could tell the church of his stolen car, DUI, and funeral home kickbicks.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Saturday morning, the day after Jake was shot at, the rumor in Clanton is that the shooters claim to be whom?
2. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
3. What does Jake Brigance drive?
4. Where does Ellen sleep after the jury strategy session is over and Jake is followed home by Deputy Nesbit?
5. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)