|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Deputy Looney describe Carl Lee?
(a) "He's a killer. He's worthy of death."
(b) "He's a hero. Give him a trophy."
(c) "For what he did, he deserves life."
(d) "It was an accident. But he deserves some prison time."
2. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
(a) Reflecting on how he got off.
(b) Reflecting on how he will get Carl Lee to rehire Jake.
(c) Reflecting on how he can help Carl Lee pay for legal services.
(d) Reflecting on his failing marriage.
3. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
(a) 120 days to prepare.
(b) 60 days to prepare.
(c) 180 days to prepare.
(d) 90 days to prepare.
4. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
5. Where does Judge Noose advise the jurors they will be sequestered?
(a) They will be sequestered in the courthouse with National Guard security.
(b) In the Clanton Inn on Main Street.
(c) In a motel outside Clanton.
(d) They will not be sequestered, but are not to discuss the case with anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their picnic, what is Carl Lee's response when Gwen questions him about his commitment to bring in a few hundred dollars to make ends meet?
2. When Murphy, the janitor, is called as a witness of the state on the afternoon of the fourth day, it is a gut-wrenching ordeal for what reason?
3. Ellen has done a masterful job of the M'Naghten brief, summarizing what into seventy-five pages directly applicable to the Hailey trial?
4. What is Clanton doing to prepare for the national spotlight a week before the Carl Lee trial?
5. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)